Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for rolled leg of lamb please?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am going to defrost a leg of lamb, plan is to bone and roll it for Thursdays dinner. I am looking for a spectacularly nice recipe for this dinner, some filling for inside etc.

I can cook, sort of :D With aid of a good recipe anyway I've not poisoned anyone yet :D

Any suggestions? Something really flavoursome? I know the lamb itself is devine as it is our own :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

You could go Indian if you liked.
    Blend (or very finely chop) some chilli,ginger,garlic and shallot with a little olive oil. Mix in a good dollop of powdered cumin, coriander and turmeric with a touch of cinnamon and paprika.
    Use this paste with yoghurt (plain or greek) and plenty of lemon juice to make a delicious marinade, rubber all over and into the meat.

Top with some crushed cumin and coriander seeds and some chopped almonds.

Slow cook in the oven at a low temp.

Other option is oregano, marjoram, rosemary, garlic and lemon juice. Could do up a stuffing with bread,herbs,some minced lamb and dates or sultanas for a bit of sweetness.

F.

Advertisement