Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for mortgage+starting new job

Options
  • 15-01-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi , I am Looking to buy house in early Summer, My o.h has the opportunity to start a new job with higher pay, however he is worried that this will affect our ability to get mortgage, I am permanent in public service and he is currently permanent in his position private sector(but really wants to leave job), we are both on a good wage with good savings. He will have to do a probationary period of 6 months in a new company..
    For those of you who has experience of applying for mortgages , Do you think this will prevent us from getting one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

it will have an impact yes. Why doesnt he start the new job and wait six months.

Patience

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Either buy before he changes jobs, or hold on until he's there 6 months.

Advertisement