Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm new to cork and need a bit of help getting a bus to Model Farm Rd... please :)

Options
  • 15-01-2013 10:44pm
    Site Banned Posts: 7

Hello folks.

Can anybody tell me which bus I should take to get to where I've marked the map (big arrow just before the roundabout:)?

It's a large image so I didn't embed.

http://i.imgur.com/kT5zg.jpg

The city bus doesn't seem to go out that far.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

232!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Site Banned Posts: 7 battlenoob3

TheChizler wrote: »
    232!

Does it go all the way along Model Farm road then up to Carrigrohane? Then back to Ballincollig?

Because the timetable says Parnell Place - Model Farm Road - Carrigrohane - Ballincollig.

Also there's one that I'd like to get at 9.30 which skips Model Farm Road and goes straight From Parnell PLace to Carrigrohane. Does that go along the Carrigrohane road? (the big long straight one) I was thinking I might be able to get off at the roundabout before Ballincolling and walk to that big red arrow I painted on the map.

Thanks anyway - this is for an interview and possible a job! Need to know how shyte the bus service is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Hmmm.. Wouldn't be relying on a bus for an interview if it is important to you. Get a taxi maybe just to be sure and a bus back.

Not sure of the route to be honest or if there is a footpath there. Check that on Google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Bus service not bad. Either the 232 or 233 will get you there. If the bus comes out through Carrigrohane get off just past the traffic lights at the end of Straight Rd (ask the driver to tell you when you're at the old Post Office). Walk up Church Hill past the recruitment agency. If it's the Guide Dogs turn right at top of hill and it's a few hundred yards down. The nearest bus stop past the roundabout is a good bit further out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Are the 232/233 punctual on Sat evenings? We live close by and often thought about getting the bus to town when going out but usually get a taxi for fear of spending the night at the bus stop..

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

The bus service is Cork is actually quite good, contrary to the popular believe of the people that don't use it.

Advertisement