Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get serious!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

divito06 wrote: »
    F..k. a car can be fixed or bought. . Did he crash aswell or just send u off track

May as well head to the scrap heap at this stage tbh. I was just after coming off a left turn and was barely into 3rd coming up to a slight left hander, nothing to even slow down for at my speed, when this f*cking retard comes flying round at 65ish on my side of the road. I swerved left to avoid him, car went up on a 4-6inch kerb and bent the wheel so much it blew the tire off. From what we can see it's a bent track rod, a smashed wishbone, a new wheel and new steering rack (Thankfully we have this bought to change anyway). This is just the unseen damage. Mechanic won't be back from his holidays till Tuesday so a full diagnoses awaits.

It pissed me off more that 1) My girlfriend was in the car with me 2) It wasn't in my hometown so I can't find the pr!ck and snap his neck for being a knob head!! 3) It's a shared car between me and my mother so it leaves us both fcuked.

I'm glad the car didn't roll, because it came close too and if it had, there was water 10-20 yards from the incident and it frightens me to think what would have happened.

Funnily though, I drove the car 50miles home with one wheel going left the hole time:pac:

To cure my boredom tomorrow, I'm going to make a full day of eating picture video :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

To cure my boredom tomorrow, I'm going to make a full day of eating picture video :pac:

Do some BW training :)

Ant11 wrote: »
    Do some BW training :)

I plan to do that too :)

Did a sh!t load of BW today at home and loved it!

Guesstimates here;

80 Pull Ups
    50 Chinzz
    120 Knee Raises
    80 Upside-down Sit-ups
    100 Press Ups
    Superman Holds
    120 Dips

Then took out my massive 25kg weight set :pac:

80 Curls
    100 OHP
    150 Squats
    100 Lunges
    100 Tricep Extensions
    100 Over & Under Hand Rows

Did them in circuits and it's safe to say I'm bollocksed!

• Advertisement

My day of eating video:pac:

Short and to the point.

197g protein.
    350g carbs.
    88g fats.

2980 kcals.

Decent re-feed. Fairly clean considering the cut.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

My day of eating video:pac:

Short and to the point.

197g protein.
    350g carbs.
    88g fats.

2980 kcals.

Decent re-feed. Fairly clean considering the cut.:)

Too lazy to do the maths myself, Whats the PFC % for that? Curious to know Whats your target kcals while cutting?

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Too lazy to do the maths myself, Whats the PFC % for that? Curious to know Whats your target kcals while cutting?

To be honest, I don't know myself:pac: I tend to hit somewhere between 2-2200kcals cutting.

To be honest, I don't know myself:pac: I tend to hit somewhere between 2-2200kcals cutting.

Ah right, so im guessing by the mention of "refeeding" you're carb cycling and this is something of a loading day? Was just curious about the relatively high cals and carbs

Ah right, so im guessing by the mention of "refeeding" you're carb cycling and this is something of a loading day? Was just curious about the relatively high cals and carbs

Yeah, every week/10days I'll just carb up to about 350g. Protein generally stays the same in about the 180-200g and fats increase slightly. They would have been lower today only for the coleslaw:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Too lazy to do the maths myself, Whats the PFC % for that?
    Based on 197g P, 350g C, 88g F

It's 26/27/47 PFC

Mellor wrote: »
    Based on 197g P, 350g C, 88g F

It's 26/27/47 PFC

Cheers Mellor.

Finally got into the gym today and did a kick ass push workout. Think I'll do a push, pull, legs + lagging body part routine from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Finally got into the gym today and did a kick ass push workout. Think I'll do a push, pull, legs + lagging body part routine from now on.

What about 5/3/1 juggernaught push smolov pull jr legs + westside for lagging cube method?

:)

COH wrote: »
    What about 5/3/1 juggernaught push smolov pull jr legs + westside for lagging cube method?

:)

I'm hoping that's sarcasm:pac: old me would have run all those programmes. I'm a weak fool now :pac:

Monday 17th June

Pull Day

Warm Up

Scap Pull Ups
    Shoulder + Hip Mobility

Sumo Deads

60kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    80kg x 10
    90kg x 5
    100kg x 5

Need to work on my hip mobility more to get into a better position here.

Lat Pull Down

50 x 10 x 2
    60 x 8

V Bar Pull Down

60 x 8 x 2
    70 x 8 x 2

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down

65 x 10 x 3

Cable Rows

45 x 10 x 2
    50 x 10 x 3

T Bar Rows

35kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    65kg x 10
    80kg x 10

Biceps

Curls
    Chins
    Hammers

Abz

Knee Raises
    Ab Machine
    Leg Raises

HIIT

10mins Bike
    10mins Treadmill

Followed by a puking session:pac:

Haven't been logging but have been training. A push, pull, leg and push day since I last logged.

So with my gym membership ending next Sunday I pondered the idea of getting another and also pondered the idea of setting up my own home gym and I think it's what I'll go for. I'll be building a shed outside for the purpose. All I'm going to get is a squat rack, 130-50kg worth of weights and an Olympic bar and bench. I'll be pricing wood this weekend or early next week but till then, I may not be training much. Anything I do will be BW with my own 25kg weight set.

If anyone reading this has any tips on setting up my own gym, feel free to comment and give out some pointers. I'll keep pictures coming on progress for those who care and will hopefully at the end of it all have my own decent little set up. I'll hopefully have some drawings done of what I plan to do and I know Mellor reads about here and is the mod of the construction forum and might throw in his 2 cents.

Push Day today w/ cardio. Down to 74.6kg and got a bench PR, 70kg x 10 :)

Haven't been training much but have had 3-4 playground workouts instead since I last logged. Feeling pretty good lately and looking forward to the next two weeks. Going to Camebridge Thursday till the following Thursday and will probably do a few playground workouts again if I can. Then the next Saturday, I'm off to Tralee for a week. Same job hopefully.

Had a pretty cool picture taken today while doing pull ups. Really enjoy my home training to be honest, it's different. Just pricing bits up for when I come home from holidays for my homes set-up. Anyway, here's the pic from today;

261729.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭divito06

Good good keep it up. Every little helps. I just started back Powerlifting today.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack:D

I decided I'll renew my membership and slowly go about my home set up. Funds aren't there to drop serious cash.

News!

I'm back bulking. After stepping on the scales to see a figure only describable as skinny bitch its time to put on some mass.

Today

OHP

20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    30kg x 10
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 3
    25kg x 10

Bench Press

30kg x 12
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    55kg x 8
    65kg x 3
    50kg x 8

DB Arnold Press

14kg x 10 x 3

DB Chest Press

20kg x 10 x 5

Isolation Stuff

Tricep Pushdowns 5 sets
    Cable Kickbacks 5 sets
    Raises- Side and Front 3 sets

Strength is gone to sh!t. Hated not training but the holidays were pretty awesome.

Things to work on-

Mobility
    Strength
    Diet!!!

Tuesday 30th July

Superset- Lat Pull Down & Seated Cable Row

LPD- 50 x 10 x 3
    SCR- 80 x 10 x 3

Deadlifts

60kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    80kg x 10
    90kg x 5 x 2
    100kg x 5
    60kg x 10

DB Row

22kg x 10 x 4

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down

50 x 10 x 3

Lat Push Down

40 x 10 x 4

Biceps

Curls
    Some other curls
    ... and a different variety of curls.

Training in the hypertrophy range with 1 or 2 top sets of heavy weights. Weights are nowhere near where I left off but I'll keep adding to the bar each week.

I have zero mobility. My hamstrings hurt. Its good to be back:D

Thursday August 1st

Box Squats

Bar x 10
    30kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 5 x 3
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5 x 2
    75kg x 5

Squats

60kg x 5 x 3

Leg Press

110 x 10
    150 x 10
    190 x 10
    230 x 10
    250 x 10

Leg Extensions

110 x 10
    130 x 10
    150 x 8
    190 x 5
    230 x 5

DB SLDL

24kg x 10 x 4

Arms

DB Curls
    Pushdowns
    Skul lCrusherzz
    Close Bench
    BB Curls

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭divito06

Why so many sets?
    Your legs would be nicely warmed from the first exercise.

divito06 wrote: »
    Why so many sets?
    Your legs would be nicely warmed from the first exercise.

No reason tbh. I like training legs and I haven't trained in quite a bit so I didn't know where my strength would really be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I wouldn't be worrying about box squats and other squat variations too much at your stage. Just get more time under the bar squatting.

Not saying its good to mix it up every now and again but I don't think they need to be a strong part of your programme.

Another push work out with roughly 5-10% increase throughout on the big movements bar OHP. Same top set as last time. Did some farmers walks too with a 30kg DB.

Tuesday August 7th

Deadlifts

70kg x 8
    80kg x 8
    90kg 8
    100kg x 8
    110kg x 5
    120kg x 5

Seated Cable Row

70 x 10
    80 x 10
    90 x 10
    100 x 25

Superset- Lat Pull Down (Under & Over Grip)

50 x 10 x 2 on each

Lat Push Down

50 x 10 x 3

Bent Over Row

Bar x 10
    30kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10

Then some bicep and tricep stuff. Liking the hypertrophy stuff.

On a sadder note. An honest 16yr old lad in my gym has now opened up about how he started on steroids. Stats lie at 92kg. 5'10 and circa 10-12% BF. Sad really.

• Advertisement

Tuesday August 7th

Deadlifts

70kg x 8
    80kg x 8
    90kg 8
    100kg x 8
    110kg x 5
    120kg x 5

Seated Cable Row

70 x 10
    80 x 10
    90 x 10
    100 x 25

Superset- Lat Pull Down (Under & Over Grip)

50 x 10 x 2 on each

Lat Push Down

50 x 10 x 3

Bent Over Row

Bar x 10
    30kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10

Then some bicep and tricep stuff. Liking the hypertrophy stuff.

On a sadder note. An honest 16yr old lad in my gym has now opened up about how he started on steroids. Stats lie at 92kg. 5'10 and circa 10-12% BF. Sad really.

Wouldn't be the first 16 yr old!

Advertisement