Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get serious!

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Saturday:

A1)Jumps for distance- Didn't record any of them but I deduced I should be a long jumper.

B1)Row 5 x 8
    B2)Pause Front Squat 5 x 3
    B3)Push Press 5 x 8

C1)Curls 3 x 25
    C2)Band Pushdowns 3 x 25
    C2)Lateral Raises 3 x 25

Went into the IPO single lifts yesterday, was frickin awesome! Really lit a fire in my belly! I'm saying it here- I will compete in the next 12 months.

Today:

A1) HBBS 4 x 10
    A2) Plate Lunges 4 x 15m

B1) RDL 3 x 15
    B2)Front Squat 3 x 5
    B3) KB Swing 3 x 15

I've moved and started smolov jnr for my pathetic bench.

Week 1 Day 1

A) Bench

52.5kg 6 x 6

B1) Pull Ups

BW 3 x 5

B2) CGBP

40kg 2 x 6 & 1 x 6+ (15)

C1) OHP

35kg 2 x 8 & 1 x 8+ (11)

C2) Row

35kg 2 x 8 & 1 x 8+ (22)

Benchin' and curling tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,309 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What's your current max? Or what did you base it off if less than your max.

Mellor wrote: »
    What's your current max? Or what did you base it off if less than your max.

I haven't had a bench sesh in months bar the other day so I just took 75kg paused. My 1RM is 85kg but that's not happening. I'm doing it paused too.

• Advertisement

A1)Bench

55kg 7 x 5

B1) Row

80kg 3 x 15

C1) Plate Pullover

15kg 3 x 10 @3010

C2) Curls

20kg 3 x 10 @3010

C3) Hammer Curls

10kg? 3 x 10

DOMS were cruel. Nothing some paused reps couldn't solve.

Saturday:

A1) Front Squat

50kg 3 x 8, 1 x 13

A2) Good Morning

50kg 3 x 8, 1 x 15

B1) Glute Bridge

50kg 5 x 10

B2) SLDL

65kg 5 x 10

Had to get that done quick and improvised a good bit.

Sunday:

A) Bench

60kg 8 x 4.. I was wrecked coming into this.

Assistance work stayed the same +5kg.

Tuesday 23rd Sept;

Squat challenge with body weight. Max reps with no racking and infinite time. Got 27 @80kg. I'm so small.

Did some RDLs then and left it because I got a nose bleed that lasted ages!

Thursday 25th Sept;

A) Bench

20kg 2 x 10
    40kg 2 x 6
    50kg 1 x 3.. All paused for 3ish seconds.

62.5kg 10 x 3.. This was a peace of piss bar the 4th set when I lost a stability. Last 3 sets all paused to a competition standard. Rest with less.

B1) Pull Ups

2 x 6, 1 x 8

B2) CGBP

50kg 2 x 6, 1 x 9

B3) Row

50kg 2 x 8, 1 x 18

I will get a 100kg bench at the end of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I will get a 100kg bench at the end of the year!

Make sure to kick the gauntlet out of the way when you're setting up for that ;)

Past few weeks have been mental between moving and work etc.. but I've still been tipping away training of sorts.

Smolov jnr stopped for a week cause I took a nasty fall on my elbow and had limited ROM but I jumped straight back in and hit 5 x 3 @70kg and the last 5 sets at 65kg- what it was supposed to be. Last few sets were grinders but manageable all the same.

Been squatting away. Toying with my stance and bar position a bit. Deadlifted a few times too, mostly playing with getting into a decent sumo position. Pull 130kg x 4 Friday so it's moving in the right direction.

There's a gym opening up beside work next month and it's pretty decent so I'll be signing up there when I can and training away. 24hour too!

When I finish smolov jnr I should be on for a 5-7.5kg paused bench so I'll be within touching distance of all time PR.

Knocking around 83kg BW and staying leaner then what I was before here so it's all a positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Are there any 24 hour gyms in Ireland at the mo? I used to use 24 hour fitness in San Diego and their gyms were enormous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

JJayoo wrote: »
    Are there any 24 hour gyms in Ireland at the mo? I used to use 24 hour fitness in San Diego and their gyms were enormous.

Flyefit

Anytime Fitness

@Jayoo: I'm in the UK atm!

I wonder will the likes of flyefit branch out of Dublin? If they did, it'd be pretty awesome cause from what I can see in vids and stuff they're better equipped than the majority of gyms about!

It's been a while since I've had any sort of update here so I'll just fill in what's been going on in the past 3 months.

I came back to Cambridge, started working in a new place where I'm soon to be supervisor and getting on grand.

To fill in the gaps about training etc.. The first few weeks were grand, training as normal but I got struck with a nasty virus and it caused me to lose a lot of weight(15+lbs) in 3 weeks. Food didn't want to stay. I spent a lot of time sleeping, a lot of time being sick and cold in a 21+ degree room. That brought me up to November with no lifting bar a couple of pull ups out of boredom. Long story short I got better and got struck with a stupid stupid back injury moving a tonne of potatoes! A literal tonne I mean. Pain didn't ease till early last week so I left it some more time. It's left me seriously depressed and deflated in myself because I know where I should be.

As of next week, I'll be back and I can't FCUKING wait!

I returned to the grind like I said and have been crippled day after day with DOMS. Pulling and. Squatting numbers aren't what I'd like but it'lll move pretty fast I reckon. Pressing strength hasn't gone too much. Still comfortably pressing a 20kg KB for 8+ reps.

I'll start logging day by day when things become more systemised and strength is to a point where I feel I can programme off it.

Are you still over in the UK?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Are you still over in the UK?

For the foreseeable!

Christmas work schedule screwed over a lot of my predicted plans and having to work Eve and Stephens day left Christmas as a sleep and eat everything day!

None the less, the body weight PR's and overall PR's continue. I pulled a 135kg sumo DL last week. Also did a max chin up set 2 nights ago and got 21 which is shocking. So wasn't expecting it to be that high.

All things pointing to a positive cycle now I have some actual numbers to play with.

Sweet chinup PR

2 weeks on and training is going well. I've managed to release some pressure in my lower back so squatting isn't awful anymore so front squats are in. Not going to have a squat day as such yet until I feel 100%.

Sumo-ventional deadlifting is going good. Everything's moving fast. Adjusted my stance a bit so I get a bit more leg drive. I have to focus a lot on consistency in my set up with sumo because sometimes it feels very off.

Bench is bench and it's meh. As long as it keeps moving, I'm fine with it!

• Advertisement

Finished my first 4 week cycle yesterday with 90% for 2 x 1 and a 1 x 1+. Piece of p*ss! Got 5 with it with 2-3 to spare! Really happy with that going into my deload week next week! Just going to slack off on volume and do some speed deads. Block pulls are in for accessory in cycle two.

Body weight has moved up to circa 76-77kg in the morning now. I'll be happy to be at 80kg but in no rush to get there!

Long over due update coming!

I've had a pretty sweet months training in terms of everything going exactly as planned and better. I'm due a deadlift test day this week but I'm going to put it in the bank and run another mini cycle that's going to bring me up to my holiday back home where I'll test with the lads! Excited to see if I can pull something ludicrous like 165-170kg. That'd bring me a 30-5kg increase in 10ish weeks!

Everything else is moving pretty sweetly too so im happy with that. I've gone pretty much zero crappy foods the last two weeks in an effort to lean out a little bit. Progress pics are looking good. I'll post them when the next two weeks are over.

Report back soon with some more happy updates:)

Advertisement