Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rental prices in Tramore.

Options
  • 15-01-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

could someone please help me out on an explanation to the high rent rates in tramore.
    To live in a decent house in this town will cost in the area of 600-700 per month, who actually has this kind of money to be spending just for rent?
    pebble beach and similar type developments however are available for 400 per month, a more affordable cost for most but does living in pebble beach or such like provide for quality of life ect?
    The rental rates in tramore have not come down much from the boom times even though we have been in a recession for a couple of years now, are they being kept artificially high or is it down to pure greed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

You do realise rental prices are determined by basic economics, right? Demand and supply.

The landlord can ask for whatever amount they like, but will only be able to get whatever a tenant is willing to pay, or else be happy to see their property lie idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

i'm paying 700 per month for a basic 3-bed in Clarinwood....its a lot of money to be paying especially as we have to put up with a gang of teenagers out on the road in front of us with skateboards n scooters constantly :rolleyes: (going slightly off topic i know) !!!!!

Looking for somewhere else suitable for quite some time now , theres just not many decent houses for rent in Tramore in general ..... anything half-way decent is gone fairly quickly and still looking for a lot of money - so there must be a demand !

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Basically Tramore is a desirable place to live, so the rents reflect that. i rent in Tramore and to be honest i think the rate i pay is fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Hi
    I pay 750eu a month for a 5 bedroom unfurnished in elm park.
    I did think it was excessive but had no choice but to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Is 700 pm a lot for a full house , I'm not too sure.
    Isnt one way to value a house is 10 years rental which is 700 x 12= 8400 x10 = 84000

Pebhle beach houses selling for 40-50k , also the state through rent allowance or landlords dole has put a floor on rental prices

• Advertisement
Advertisement