Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman Quick Credit

Options
  • 16-01-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm going out to try and apply for this tomorrow for a MacBook Pro,

All of my bills are online (eBills), will they accept a print out of a bill?

Also, the bank statement The only one I have is from the 11th September 2012, will they accept that?

Also they say bankers card, is that a laser card? Would they accept that instead of a statement?

Would a mini statement do?

Also I'm 18 and have a clear credit history and recently paid off a loan, will that increase my chance?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You HAVE looked at the interest rate for this product, haven't you?? 22.99%!!! Unless you intend to pay off your purchase within 10 months? Why don't you save for the next ten months and then buy the MacBook? That way you will at least only pay the rrp for the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mini statement will not do. Print out of a bill is fine.

FWIW, I went in last year to try and get an iPad on the 10 months interest free quick credit. I was 23, perfect credit history and only about 1.5k loan showing on my ICB with no blips, provided everything they asked for and a payslip detailing my pretty decent income - was declined within about 30 seconds. Staff member putting the application through told me the 10 months interest free option is notoriously hard to be accepted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

tallpaul wrote: »
    You HAVE looked at the interest rate for this product, haven't you?? 22.99%!!! Unless you intend to pay off your purchase within 10 months? Why don't you save for the next ten months and then buy the MacBook? That way you will at least only pay the rrp for the product.

The 10 Month option is interest free. I don't have 1600 right now and I need one for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The 10 Month option is interest free. I don't have 1600 right now and I need one for work.

If you need (or is that like?) one for work, surely work should assist in paying for it??

tallpaul wrote: »
    If you need (or is that like?) one for work, surely work should assist in paying for it??

Nope, unfortunately not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Just a thought, but since it is for work would your employer consider giving you an advance on your wages and you could get a refurbished MacBook from the Apple shop for around 1,100? Or failing that why not get a loan from the bank?

I don't see why you should have to carry the high costs of something for work...

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Just a thought, but since it is for work would your employer consider giving you an advance on your wages and you could get a refurbished MacBook from the Apple shop for around 1,100? Or failing that why not get a loan from the bank?

I don't see why you should have to carry the high costs of something for work...

I highly doubt it, I suppose a good windows laptop would do as well but with the mac I suppose it would be used mostly at home and at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure how this tangent is strictly relevant to the OP's pretty straightforward question, so back on topic folks

Advertisement