Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

There was a large enough thread on the elite edition which is the followup to the ones you are enquiring about : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056817753 and the original headset was mentioned a few times. I was told there was not much difference between them as was thinking about purchasing either of them for same things you want but ended up going for the Elites as they had a few extras I wanted.

I'm fairly sure that both versions work with PS3 and PC, like the Elites you would just need to plug the wireless stick into your PC, sync them and away you go. You just would be missing certain featues but they would work as stereo headphones fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I can confirm it works as a headset on the pc, from previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

There was a large enough thread on the elite edition which is the followup to the ones you are enquiring about : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056817753 and the original headset was mentioned a few times. I was told there was not much difference between them as was thinking about purchasing either of them for same things you want but ended up going for the Elites as they had a few extras I wanted.

I'm fairly sure that both versions work with PS3 and PC, like the Elites you would just need to plug the wireless stick into your PC, sync them and away you go. You just would be missing certain featues but they would work as stereo headphones fine.

That helps a lot, thanks.
    Think I may just fork out and get the pulse set after seeing that thread now. :P
    Although, it really is just my luck that I missed that epic deal.
    Must check these forums more! Can't be missing any more bargains!
    I can confirm it works as a headset on the pc, from previous experience.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wing126 wrote: »
    That helps a lot, thanks.
    Think I may just fork out and get the pulse set after seeing that thread now. :P
    Although, it really is just my luck that I missed that epic deal.
    Must check these forums more! Can't be missing any more bargains!

Thanks for that!

Keep an eye out on Amazon. Their price seems to fluctuate on the Pulse headset and seems to be cheapest first thing in the morning, usually £93.99.

Yeah, I noticed that today. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

I got the one that you first linked to recently, and it may be that it's just the first headset I've had, but it's pretty fantastic.

The only issue I had was that the headset was messing with my PS3's internet connection as I use wireless. I just used a USB extender to extend the dongle away from the ps3 a bit and it was all fine again. Aside from that, they're pretty good. I got my set for around 60 euro not too long ago from amazon, but I had to get a friend to forward it on from England as the company didn't ship to Ireland.

Good luck with your choice!

Second person to say that the headset interfered with the wireless, but i've checked out reviews and it doesn't seem to be a problem to many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

Wing126 wrote: »
    Second person to say that the headset interfered with the wireless, but i've checked out reviews and it doesn't seem to be a problem to many people.

When I was looking up the problems I didnt find many people complaining either, but I think that's more because the majority of people seem to have wired internet connections, so the problem wouldnt arise. As I said, it's easily sorted, but it's something to take into consideration.

Why Sony developed a headset for PS3 that interferes with its wireless capability is beyond me though >_<

Yeah, I'll be weighing that now aswell cause I use wireless. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement