Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Revenue Streams

Options
  • 16-01-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi Guys I run and internet cafe in Dublin 1. It's in a good location but I feel could be doing a lot better. We offer the following services, Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Photocopying, Money Transfer, Tea& Coffee, Foreign Exchange, Calling Cards, Phone Calls and of course Internet access. We also offer WiFi in the local area.

We do get a lot of people through the door but as we sell internet so cheap it's getting harder to make ends meet.

Any idea as to any additional revenue streams we could add to our business?

Thanks for you time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

What about selling shipping packages? if your in a good location maybe this could be good? For example, if people want to post packages abroad? Get yourself a reselling account with DPD or the likes? So people just come in, pay you money and leave the parcel and you get it picked up by a courier? Or even if your in a busy location with offices a place where people could get packages delivered?

Or even offer a "buy online" service... some people don't like buying online, or using their CC or even have one... what about a service where them come in to you, pay cash and maybe 10% charge and you order for them and they can pick up a few days later?

Or what about a Pizzas? If people are gaming im sure they would love to have pizza made there? Something like a Pizza oven that Centras have?

What about "Lost photo services"? You know when people delete photos on their memory card, they come to you and you get them back? (Theirs software you can buy for this)

What about selling computer games? put a demo of each on each PC and then if they play it they can buy it from you.

ALL of these I have seen in internet cafes in various parts of the world.... if they work or not I don't know :/

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

Actually I know in USA some internet cafes are 24/7 and I went to a few around 2-3 in morning (bloody homesick) and they would be very busy with gamers who seem to have spent all day there :O

Advertisement