Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it the end of networks offering free PAYG credit when switching ?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at switching networks over the past few weeks.

About a week ago I noticed that Meteor had stopped offering free credit to prepaid customers who switch to their network. This morning I noticed that Vodafone seems have done likewise.

Is it the end of free credit when switching? Will the other networks follow suit I wonder?

The free credit was always a great incentive to move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's slowly being dying for a while now, it's gone from bulk to phased to phased with top up and it's heading towards extra credit when you top up now. O2s offer at Xmas was top up by 20 to get 20 for 5 months. The current one is top up by 20 and get 20% extra for 3 months (granted, topping up by 40 will net you an extra 50% so it depends on the type of user you are)

Personally, I would prefer to see credit gone and focus on every day saving and better offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

chrislad wrote: »
    It's slowly being dying for a while now, it's gone from bulk to phased to phased with top up and it's heading towards extra credit when you top up now. O2s offer at Xmas was top up by 20 to get 20 for 5 months. The current one is top up by 20 and get 20% extra for 3 months (granted, topping up by 40 will net you an extra 50% so it depends on the type of user you are)

Personally, I would prefer to see credit gone and focus on every day saving and better offers.

Ideally yes, but similar to most of our pay packets I'd imagine that the credit will be removed and nothing will be got in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Advertisement