Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week in the Canaries for €209 all inclusive

• 16-01-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Is this a good deal? Looking for a holiday for a week in the summer for 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2) I've a budget of about €1000

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal.php?id=3684

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

flights not included?

Whats the point!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where's the bargain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

€209 Per person
    Thats an absolute rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

me and the missus went last year flights for the 2 of us were just short of a grand..... accommodation is cheap in gran canaria during the summer as this is their off peak times.....(they have continuous sun all year round so winter is their busy period) i wouldnt be worried bout somewhere to stay there until i had flights sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭tunner

Hogzy wrote: »
    €209 Per person
    Thats an absolute rip off.

Alright calm down!

If you check the same apartment complex on falcon it's €720

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 skinsuit

A bargain this is not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

tunner wrote: »
    Alright calm down!

If you check the same apartment complex on falcon it's €720

No holiday company has had a mentally sane customer since the 20th century, they are so overpriced. That's why they are all closing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

tunner wrote: »
    Is this a good deal? Looking for a holiday for a week in the summer for 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2) I've a budget of about €1000

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal.php?id=3684

It is a very nice "resort" very quiet. I have not visited this complex but have been in Puerto Mogan , its lovely. I know a family that have stayed in this complex and raved about it, I believe it has a sister hotel next door which you can also use the facilities of, hope some of this information is useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mike literis

I have stayed inthe hotel next door ( same complex) used to be expensive , but is top class . Mogan itself is extremely quiet during the summer except Fridays when the market comes to town . harbour area is really nice nicknamed little Venice with great restaurants, but as said by someone it is there low season , might be hard to entertain the kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

(they have continuous sun all year round so winter is their busy period) i wouldnt be worried bout somewhere to stay there until i had flights sorted

Not True. Christmas week is very busy but other than that Winter is quiet in the Canaries. High Season is when the Schools are on Holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

oh i wasnt aware of this? but then why was the place dead end of july start of august then. I asked in the hotel and that was the reply i got.....seemed plausible to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Jarren wrote: »

misleading website address, nothing low cost about them

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mike literis

bmm wrote: »

Not True. Christmas week is very busy but other than that Winter is quiet in the Canaries. High Season is when the Schools are on Holidays.

not true . nov dec and jan are high season in MOGAN - Scandinavian elderly people relocate to Mogan every year for long stay breaks so oct to feb are way busier than the summer months . Mogan not geared towards school Kids so very quiet in summer months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

GarIT wrote: »
    No holiday company has had a mentally sane customer since the 20th century, they are so overpriced. That's why they are all closing down.

I got a trip to Agadir with a weeks accommodation from Sunway for under €300 recently (yet to go on it), looked up the same aerlingus flight number and the flight alone was €350+
    I'm not expecting big things from the accom (most of the reviews are "it's basic but grand").
    I think I'm mentally sane, but that could just be the voices talking.

Advertisement