Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein shakes/whey protein

Options
  • 16-01-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Best and cheapest place to get this in Galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

There's a new place open on Abbeygate Street called Health+. Haven't been in yet though.

Have you tried anywhere online? It's usually cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Try Health and Fitness Ireland down by Monroe's. It's a good spot, they also sometimes have offers for facebook friends so that might be an idea. Barrett's also sell protein, they are more expensive for the recognizable brands but their own brand stuff is fairly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

Wheres Barretts in Galway? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Health and Fitness as mentioned above are sound guys. They have a loyalty card system now as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Online is cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

There's a place near New Look in the Eyre Sq Shopping centre too

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Wheres Barretts in Galway? Thanks :)

Its on shop street between boots and easons if you know them. Across from schuh. The middle of shop street is the best way I can think of explaining it, hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Evergreen Health Store also sell whey protein and other supplements. They have stores on Mainguard St. and in the Galway Shopping Centre (Tesco). They have a loyalty card, and they do free delivery on orders over €30.

But as others have mentioned, you would save a good chunk of money if you purchased online (have a look at Discount Supplements)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Holland and Barrett's own brand is very nice, and when the 'one cent sale' or other offers are on it works out pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Holland and Barrett's own brand is very nice, and when the 'one cent sale' or other offers are on it works out pretty cheap.

Passed it today. It is in the 1c sale at the min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stretch1

<Moderator: Please do not sign up to advertise>

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

if i go in monday will YOU give me 10% off? ah go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's been a while since a place on Abbeygate street tried to shill their business on Boards. Anyone remember the great Pastie thread (and the even better one in the Prison Forum)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stretch1

swiftman wrote: »

if i go in monday will YOU give me 10% off? ah go on.

Original post asked for best and cheapest place to get protein in Galway. In my opinion it's <snip>. Why spend 20 euro more on a tub in h&b, when you can get the same product cheaper just around the corner.
    Evergreen is good too, but lack selection of brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Never mind that whey crap. Hemp protein is where it's at these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread closed as it attracted too much shilling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement