Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Wexford Town

Options
  • 16-01-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Hello Wexford Folk!

I will hopefully be starting a new job in the Johnstown Estate in the next 2 weeks so I was hoping that I could get some advice on the best places to rent in and around Wexford Town.

I have just had a quick look on Daft.ie and I have shortlisted a few places in areas such as Clonard, Mount Prospect, Mulgannon, Shalom Kileens and Mansfield Drive.

Obviously I'm looking for an area which is reasonably safe and close enough to amenities such as a supermarket and a decent gym. I have my own car so there is no problem with regards to commuting to Johnstown but obviously I would like to keep the commute time to a minimum.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

LD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

All of the above listed places are pretty decent areas and would be close to Wexford Town. There is a large Tesco's near Mulgannon and Lidl and Aldi in Clonard area but all the areas above are pretty close to one another 5min drive between the two furthest points, 5 mins from town and other amenities. As for Gym's the hotels on the outskirts would all have them, there is Whitford, the Maldron, Ferrycarrig I am pretty sure there is one somewhere in the Clonard Industrial Estate too. All of which are 5 - 10 mins from the areas mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hello Wexford Folk!

I will hopefully be starting a new job in the Johnstown Estate in the next 2 weeks so I was hoping that I could get some advice on the best places to rent in and around Wexford Town.

I have just had a quick look on Daft.ie and I have shortlisted a few places in areas such as Clonard, Mount Prospect, Mulgannon, Shalom Kileens and Mansfield Drive.

Obviously I'm looking for an area which is reasonably safe and close enough to amenities such as a supermarket and a decent gym. I have my own car so there is no problem with regards to commuting to Johnstown but obviously I would like to keep the commute time to a minimum.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

LD

Clonard & Mulgannon would be my choices, with Mulgannon you can drive over Whiterock Hill or head out the Rosslare Road to Johnstown, With Clonard you can also head over Whiterock Hill or better still go around the ring road (N25), both areas to Johnstown are a short commute, 7-10 mins by car.

Both areas are close to shops and are withing walking distance to the main street (Clonard about 15-20 mins & Mulgannon about 5-15 mins)

Never hear of Shalom Killeens, is that the name on the house Shalom perhaps?

You are in the right place if you need any info about town anyway, ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 first son

yea theres a gym in clonard,also one in talbot hotel. i live close to mulgannon. id prefer that to clonard or mount prospect as you can walk to the main street of town in a couple of minutes,even though you said you drive its still handier location imo

Advertisement