Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on change of grade bands to our class midway, is this fair?!

Options
  • 16-01-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all,

I was hoping some of you may be able to advise me on this. I'm studying at UL and my final grade will be made up of last years results and this years.

At the start of semester one this year, we were told that the grading system for our course has been changed. Previously it was slightly easier for us to get better grades (I am unable to remember the grade bands off the top of my head but basically the bands are different and now its harder to get to achieve the grades).

We were told at the start of the semester and it was really played down and we were literally told not to worry about it! but this year has been very busy for us so we just forgot all about it.

Now as you all are aware, our results are out soon and this has started to worry me a lot. I keep thinking that my results will be down from last year because what would have got me an A last year will likely be a B now and so on.

Anyway I guess I'm just wondering what you guys think about this. It seems unfair to me that this can be imposed on a class in their final year who have already got 50% of their final grade under their belt.

But I guess I'm just wondering is there anything that could be done about this? is it worth fighting? Or have we just left it too late at this stage?

Many thanks for any opinions on this, maybe I'm just over reacting and should I just get over it?!!?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 momomastermo

bump!

Hi again.... was really hoping to get some opinions on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I would say that as long as they told ye at the start of the Semester (i.e in the module outline in Week 1) then it's fair enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

As long as you are advised on the module outline there is nothing you can complaining about, if they told you that the standard of work needs to improve to get a better grade then it is up to you and fellow classmates to raise your standards to maintain your QCA. It is happening all over UL in every stream as they try to improve the image of the university internationally.

Advertisement