Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Discount Bundle

• 16-01-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

Go a visit from an Eircom salesman.

The offer is "Eircom Talk-Off-peak & NGB Regular (up to 8MB)" with unlimited download. Price €25/month for first 6 months, €45/month for the next 6 months.

Price seems great (apparently being offered to me as I've had no fixed line for past 6 months and have a good credit history).

I queried about the download limit, and was told 'fair use' applies so limit is 250gb.

Unfortunately, I know from past experience that I frequently go over 300gb, but rarely above 350gbs.

It's a dealbreaker for me, but my question is whether I'm really likely to be charged for over usage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

KOR101 wrote: »
    Go a visit from an Eircom salesman.

The offer is "Eircom Talk-Off-peak & NGB Regular (up to 8MB)" with unlimited download. Price €25/month for first 6 months, €45/month for the next 6 months.

Price seems great (apparently being offered to me as I've had no fixed line for past 6 months and have a good credit history).

I queried about the download limit, and was told 'fair use' applies so limit is 250gb.

Unfortunately, I know from past experience that I frequently go over 300gb, but rarely above 350gbs.

It's a dealbreaker for me, but my question is whether I'm really likely to be charged for over usage.

You won't be charged for going over. I've never heard of Eircom charging. In fairness to them, they are brilliant when it comes to their FUP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I wonder what would happen if you later try to switch to their Fibre product, say if it's announced a few months from now. Any idea?..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

KOR101 wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if you later try to switch to their Fibre product, say if it's announced a few months from now. Any idea?..........

When you switch to their new product you will be switching to a new contract. So Eircom in theory could change their terms & conditions. They could increase or decrease their fair usage policy cap. They could start enforcing their fair usage policy cap. I think it would be a mistake to do that. So lets hope they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

But, apart from that, I would have bagged the €25/month rate, and just simply switch to the new product?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Praetorian wrote: »
    You won't be charged for going over. I've never heard of Eircom charging. In fairness to them, they are brilliant when it comes to their FUP.

Eircom charged me for going over by 3 gb (couple of euro I think).

Ended up being a mistake on their end as I was on unlimited (500 gb) and according to their website I had only used 28 gb. When I rang to query the guy on bb customer service said they would refund the monies as a good will gesture :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement