Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank closures

Options
  • 16-01-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭

Havn't seen a thread here yet and havn't seen it on national news yet so gonna kick it off, Ulster Bank announcing closures of local Branchs today. Absolute shambles, I for one use the belturbet bank and its always busy.

Im sure there will be more when the news goes national.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

More listed here: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0116/breaking27.html

Among those earmarked for closure by May include branches in Belturbet, Killeshandra and Kilnaleck in Co Cavan; Castlepollard in Co Westmeath; and Glenamaddy, Co Galway. Sub offices in Carrigallen and Swanlinbar in Co Cavan will also go, along with Delvin, Co Westmeath; Kilcormac, Co Offaly; Kilkelly, Co Mayo; and Rathangan, Co Kildare.

In Northern Ireland, branches in Carryduff, Jordanstown, and Knocjk, which are located near Belfast, will shut. Also on the list is Dromore in Co. Tyrone, Harryville near Ballymena, Longstone Street in Lisburn, and Shaftesbury Square in Belfast City, along with sub-offices in Ardglass, Co Down; Moy, Co Armagh; Rosslea, Co Fermanagh; and Saintfield in Co Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In comparison to the other "re-shapings" we've seen, it's comparitively mild and the ones listed for the Republic aren't all that unexpected considering the areas that they serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

A large Problem is with the areas they serve been very rural and no proper bus services in the local region to each town, What about people who don't drive or the elderly gonna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    A large Problem is with the areas they serve been very rural and no proper bus services in the local region to each town, What about people who don't drive or the elderly gonna.

Since Ulster Bank isn't a charity but bank I don't think they are going to loose money to help people that do not drive :). I support that decision and if they are in trouble (bank) it's a good idea to cut down the cost by closing branches.

On the other hand I would think government would push a little bit on AIB or BOI (since WE own them), to be more understanding to needs of people in such situation/area but it is all about money to banks/government/politicians and customers are at the bottom or their interest. I wonder how they are going to do their business without customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Ulster Bank Branch Closures

Anyone have an idea which 39 ulster bank branches are closing down this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't believe they've released details.

Advertisement