Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommend a filter anyone?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have a small 60Ltr tank, freshwater tropical, not too crowded. It came with one of those Stingray Elite Filters. I find it hopeless at getting solids. You can watch detrius go right past the intake at the base even though there is a decent flow of water through it. Overall I just think it is a poor design and I find myself doing way to many partial water changes.

I know there is a lot out there but can anyone reccommend a good filter at a reasonable cost (internal I guess) that does not cost a fortune to run? I am not mad keen on the stingrays charcoal cartridges and the price you have to pay for them either so I am not looking for something similar. I have a separate air supply/stone so it does not neccessarily need to do "bubbles" and I don't mind air powered or electric.

Any pointers would be helpful. I know it is a small low cost item, not looking for war and peace!

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement