Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 E200 V 520I

Options
  • 16-01-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

My best mate wants to sell his 03 Mercedes C180 K and wants get something bigger.......

I've told him to go for the Auto E200 as in my opinion there easier on fuel and are bigger and more comfortable than the 520i.

I have driven both and the merc is more powerful without a doubt...but Searching online a lot of the E200 are 1.8..?

Anyone here have the above motors for a decent period of time??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I believe all the E200K's of that era are 1.8 supercharged with approx 163bhp. The equivalent 520i (assuming it's an E60) will have a 2.2 170bhp 6 cyl. I can't see much difference in fuel consumption between the two. I'd be leaning towards the 5 series as the E Class of that time are known for having electronic and other issues. Has your mate considered a last-of-line E39 5 series (2003) - I'd take one before an early E60 5 series or 2004 E Class anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

5 Series for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

My old car was a 01 520i Auto... Averaged about 30 mpg on long runs....!

He droved that and was pretty impressed but he seems to be a Mercedes man but really likes the style of the 04 520i......There is much more room in the E200 and he has 2 kids so that's a plus for the E200

What sort of electrical issues do the E200's have? Any with the 520?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My old car was a 01 520i Auto... Averaged about 30 mpg on long runs....!

He droved that and was pretty impressed but he seems to be a Mercedes man but really likes the style of the 04 520i......There is much more room in the E200 and he has 2 kids so that's a plus for the E200

Are you talking about an e39 or the newer model? I think both were sold in 2004, but could be wrong.

I'd an e39 and would have thought it was more than big enough for 2 kids inside. I'd the 525 and I think I got about 33MPG with a motorway commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

I know that era e class had a big issue with sbc,an electronic control for the brakes as alot of cars had to be recalled,afaik there were a few other issues as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Eoin wrote: »
    Are you talking about an e39 or the newer model? I think both were sold in 2004, but could be wrong.

I'd an e39 and would have thought it was more than big enough for 2 kids inside. I'd the 525 and I think I got about 33MPG with a motorway commute.

The newer model is the one he is looking at, E60 is it???

can I put a website link up? its for car reviews etc.???

According to them the E class has a few electic gremlins

Advertisement