Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help please

• 16-01-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

O girls so I have found myself in a position I never expected at a horrible time.

My fiancé has lost his job so as of 10th of jan he is out of work. Will hopefully have p45 next thurs. I myself am on illness benefit due to a couple if issues I cannot return to work and am also 25 weeks preg with a 15 month old.

I plan to go to the dole office tomorrow to see what we can do and what we are entitled to. But I suppose I need advice on what to ask etc and what I need? Where we are currently living we would not be entitled to rent allowance as our landlord is not registered and our rent is 850 a month and the limit in cork is 700 or 715 if they take second baba in account.
    I have been looking online to see if there is an option to move and have only found 2 places in bad areas so don't even know if that would work as none of us drive etc

So does anyone know what would happen with rent allowance? As in how long would it take to get approved? And if we could avail of any help in the mean time? As of now jans rent is paid and I will have rent for feb 1st. And could use deposit as rent for march as our landlord does this anyway to give tenemts time to save for deposit and rent on new place. But then as of end of march we would be without a home and me 35 weeks preg. I'm terrified.

Does anyone know what help we would be entitled to? I think we would be able to apply for fis but as I see from here the wait is pretty long and it could also take time for him to be means tested for dole etc.

We have no savings at all and were already living pay day to pay day for most of the month. We have debts (credit cards,overdrafts) of approx 3k. Not too bad but when it needs to be paid we could end up in trouble.

To make ends meet and survive in our current home etc my partner would have to be earning at least 28k a year as his job was 29.5. He has no official qualifications he was working in tech support for a number of years and is good with computers and the likes. He's been online applying for everything he can find all week.

So any help or advise you girls could give is welcome. We could be in serious trouble in a few very short weeks and honestly don't know what to do as I have never claimed any benefits and neither has my partner. So we honestly don't know where to start or who to talk to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Don't know wrote: »
    O girls so I have found myself in a position I never expected at a horrible time.

My fiancé has lost his job so as of 10th of jan he is out of work. Will hopefully have p45 next thurs. I myself am on illness benefit due to a couple if issues I cannot return to work and am also 25 weeks preg with a 15 month old.

I plan to go to the dole office tomorrow to see what we can do and what we are entitled to. But I suppose I need advice on what to ask etc and what I need? Where we are currently living we would not be entitled to rent allowance as our landlord is not registered and our rent is 850 a month and the limit in cork is 700 or 715 if they take second baba in account.
    I have been looking online to see if there is an option to move and have only found 2 places in bad areas so don't even know if that would work as none of us drive etc

So does anyone know what would happen with rent allowance? As in how long would it take to get approved? And if we could avail of any help in the mean time? As of now jans rent is paid and I will have rent for feb 1st. And could use deposit as rent for march as our landlord does this anyway to give tenemts time to save for deposit and rent on new place. But then as of end of march we would be without a home and me 35 weeks preg. I'm terrified.

Does anyone know what help we would be entitled to? I think we would be able to apply for fis but as I see from here the wait is pretty long and it could also take time for him to be means tested for dole etc.

We have no savings at all and were already living pay day to pay day for most of the month. We have debts (credit cards,overdrafts) of approx 3k. Not too bad but when it needs to be paid we could end up in trouble.

To make ends meet and survive in our current home etc my partner would have to be earning at least 28k a year as his job was 29.5. He has no official qualifications he was working in tech support for a number of years and is good with computers and the likes. He's been online applying for everything he can find all week.

So any help or advise you girls could give is welcome. We could be in serious trouble in a few very short weeks and honestly don't know what to do as I have never claimed any benefits and neither has my partner. So we honestly don't know where to start or who to talk to.

One of ye , need to be employed to qualify for FIS .

Its best if you ring the Citizens Information.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Your bf should be entitled to jobseekers benefit - that runs for 9 months and is not means tested

Have a look on Dept. of Social Protection site

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/home.aspx

Advertisement