Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve/upgrade phoneline

• 16-01-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi

I live in Maynooth and the only broadband offering available to me is DSL. Unfortunately my line doesn't seem capable of getting better than 3 meg down. Digiweb is not an option due to trees in the LOS, and UPC don't offer anything in the area. I'm assuming the 3 meg limit is due to poor line quality and/or distance from the exchange and I'm wondering what options I have, if any, for improving the line and getting moar speeds.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

hi m8.

I live in the sticks and i am approx 5km from exchange, my attuation ratios is around 62db.

I get 4meg and 1 meg upload.

I origionally could only get 2.5meg, but I picked up a new router called billion 7800n and was able to tweak the snr down to get 4 megs with no drops or crc errors.

its dear router but great for long lines..

hope it helps

Advertisement