Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damp issues

• 16-01-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi ive probably posted this in the wrong section but im looking for some advise.

ive moved into my house 2 years ago this last winter we have experienced damp issues on the ceiling's and walls my first plan of action was to check the attic for any leak's i checked the roof the joists and the wall plate and all were bone dry then i checked the plaster board and nothing. so no problems in the attic. so i guess the problem is in side the house.

when we wake up in the morning the windows are full of condisation yet we sleep with the doors open in the bedrooms to allow for ventilation. ive also checked the vents of the 2 bedrooms where the damp is occuring and they're fine. the heating is on 3/4 times a day for an hour each time so im stumpd to the cause of this problem.

the house is about 5 year's old and is a bungalow in the middle of the country and was very well insulated when it was built so if anybody has any ideas want i could do to find the cause of the damp please let me know

thanks for reading and sorry about my punctation and spellings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Where is the damp? All over or confined to certain rooms. Are the floors damp anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

its on the ceiling and walls where ceilings meets the walls in the bedrooms runs the whole lenght of the ceilings over the windows
    there is no damp on the bottom of the walls or floors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Only over the windows? If that is the case the you likely have a thermal bridge and the moisture in the air is condensing on the cold wall.

well it started in the corner and the ran the length of the wall also there is some cracks in the internal walls where it started but when i checked the external walls they were fine no cracks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm having this issue in my ensuite. The window has a vent and there is a fan vent in the ceiling leading to the attic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Make sure vents are open and left open and open the window for a while during the day too. Clean the mould with bleach and warm water and see if the problem persists.

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Make sure vents are open and left open and open the window for a while during the day too. Clean the mould with bleach and warm water and see if the problem persists.

thanks doing all that every day i even bought mould killer and applyd that to walls and ceiling any idea how to get my roller blinds clean ive got mould on them to have them soaking in the bath tub in bleach and water but it doesnt seem to be doing the job

Advertisement