Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st birthday day out ideas

Options
  • 16-01-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm seeking some advice on a day out for our boy's first birthday on Saturday. Obviously it's weather dependent and we'd like to do something memorable to mark the day but something that's he might enjoy too ( or he still too young and the event will pass him by)?

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

nosedive wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm seeking some advice on a day out for our boy's first birthday on Saturday. Obviously it's weather dependent and we'd like to do something memorable to mark the day but something that's he might enjoy too ( or he still too young and the event will pass him by)?

Any info would be appreciated.

As it is your son's first birthday party the chances of him remembering anything are slim to non existant I'd think. Usually the first birthday party is more for the parents to enjoy than the baby.
    Please note I say that as an auntie only not as a parent.
    My sister had an evening time, tea and cake party for her little ones when they hit the one year mark. Grandparents, any aunties and uncles who wanted to come were invited along (as were any children they had) for te and cake and to sing happy birthday and open the baby's presents.
    Birthday number 2 is more about the child and they can actually do stuff and enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Swings! Our first birthday party was tea and cake with the reli's and then a walk to the park. Babies love Swings and slides at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Awww swings. Love them. Brought my 9mo daughter to the swings yest. She cried leaving!!

We are going to.bring her to a pet farm. Something like glendeer or newgrange. Where she can pet the animals. I was going to bring to the zoo but it b wasted on her. Just the three of us are going to go. Might have a happy bday afternoon for rellies on the Sunday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

We went to the Zoo!

Advertisement