Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Reading through the papers today, and they really need to learn to behave themselves a bit. Bloody ridiculous some of the stuff they were coming out with. That's the media for you sometimes, though. Stupid piss, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Did Oscar have a good game under Rafa. Lately i think he is wasted on the wing.
    As far as Rafa he leaves the subs too late I think. Needing 2 goals he should of taking off Oscar sooner or move him back as he was not making much of an impact.
    Even play 3 at the back as it's better to lose another goal then play safe when goals are needed.
    Could be that I don't think we win anything under him but should finish top 4 I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Swansea vice chairman claiming the ball boy/man "was trying to pick up the ball and fell on it"

Ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Swansea vice chairman claiming the ball boy/man "was trying to pick up the ball and fell on it"

Ridiculous

That's Swansea for "The ball boy was doing nout but prick acting"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

piazon coming on 10 mins to go 4-2 down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Panthro wrote: »
    That's Swansea for "The ball boy was doing nout but prick acting"

Nah it is Swansea for the ball boy has family members on the Board, so nothing negative is going to be said about our 17 year old time wasting ball boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is the ball boy alright?or did Hazard leave a boot embedded in his ribs?:rolleyes:

In fairness the lad is nearly 18. There was probably younger players involved in the match last night. It has hardly an assault. A bit naive from Hazard, but the guy clearly made the very most out of it. He even limped off - fairly sure Hazard didn't touch his legs!

What's annoying it that incident seemed to gloss over a woeful performance. Useless apart from the 15mins before half time. Completely clueless going forward and lacking ideas.
    I really think we need to go back using wingers, especially in games where we need goals. Playing through the middle against a packed defence was always going to be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

blue-army wrote: »
    In fairness the lad is nearly 18. There was probably younger players involved in the match last night. It has hardly an assault. A bit naive from Hazard, but the guy clearly made the very most out of it. He even limped off - fairly sure Hazard didn't touch his legs!

What's annoying it that incident seemed to gloss over a woeful performance. Useless apart from the 15mins before half time. Completely clueless going forward and lacking ideas.
    I really think we need to go back using wingers, especially in games where we need goals. Playing through the middle against a packed defence was always going to be tough.

but theres no wingers there apart from moses and marin. all chelsea's attacking midfielders want to play centrally ,or if played on the wing to cut in, apart from these 2. the 3 amigos look attractive on paper, but at least 1 traditional winger is needed in the 3 man attacking midfield or it cant work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

but theres no wingers there apart from moses and marin. all chelsea's attacking midfielders want to play centrally ,or if played on the wing to cut in, apart from these 2. the 3 amigos look attractive on paper, but at least 1 traditional winger is needed in the 3 man attacking midfield or it cant work

Which is why Moses cant come back quick enough.

Hes been very good since he joined us and we miss his outlet on the right.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Which is why Moses cant come back quick enough.

Hes been very good since he joined us and we miss his outlet on the right.

when he was signed a lot of chelsea fans were thinking , why? but he really has become a first team regular and an important one and dare i say it that is becuase of rafa as he was the one to put him in the team for a run of games .

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

I still think 4-3-3 would be our best formation. Luiz/mikel/oreil deep with Oscar/lamp & ramires/lamp either side there would be a place for josh too in there when he came back

I still think 4-3-3 would be our best formation. Luiz/mikel/oreil deep with Oscar/lamp & ramires/lamp either side there would be a place for josh too in there when he came back

i would hope Kevin De Bruyne gets a run next season

He offers us good balance down the right, hes quick, strong, good on the ball, can beat a man and pops up with the odd goal.

£7 million seems like a bargain if he can continue to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I agree, i said it before when we used Cole LB Hazard left mid and Moses in front of him we were amazing down our left flank. Luiz is a great option to play DM Mata and Oscar can operate on the right mid but we would need another right sided winger.

Cech

Cahill
    JT
    Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Hazard
    ???????
    Moses
    Ba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

There's talk on twitter than Luiz & Ivanovic are both carrying knocks & might miss the Brentford game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

what a day wrote: »
    I agree, i said it before when we used Cole LB Hazard left mid and Moses in front of him we were amazing down our left flank. Luiz is a great option to play DM Mata and Oscar can operate on the right mid but we would need another right sided winger.

Cech

Cahill
    JT
    Ceasar
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Hazard
    ???????
    Moses
    Ba

That midfield is way too weak. I think 4-3-3 would suit us also but I would have it more like this....

Cech

Cahill
    JT
    Ivanovich
    Cole
    Luiz

Ramires
    Oscar
    Mata
    Hazard--
    Ba

MUSEIST wrote: »

Cech

Cahill
    JT
    Ivanovich
    Cole
    Luiz

Ramires
    Oscar
    Mata
    Hazard--
    Ba

That's a better option, IMO but it also drops Moses which would be a real disppointment, which is why I'd suggest

Cech

Cahill
    JT
    Ivanovich
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Ramires
    Moses
    Hazard
    Ba

Reason I've swapped it around is, with Moses on the right he could offer Mata support when defending, with Ramires next to Mata and Luiz behind him he'd have 2 capable defensive players to break up play, feed him and for him to bring the rest into the game.

The 4-3-3 suits ramires more, his best games for chelsea have come in this type of formation, allows him to make bursting runs forward into the box. Currently he is played too deep.

Well if we keep the 4-2-3-1 he just has to improve his finishing and awareness, I've lost count the amount of times where Ramires was in the box and blazed wide/over or shot at the keeper when a simple side ways past would have resulted in a tap in for a team mate.

Hes a good footballer but he lacks a bit of brain sometimes when he sees the whites of the goal and it bugs me.

• Advertisement

That's a better option, IMO but it also drops Moses which would be a real disppointment, which is why I'd suggest

Cech

Cahill
    JT
    Ivanovich
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Ramires
    Moses
    Hazard
    Ba

Reason I've swapped it around is, with Moses on the right he could offer Mata support when defending, with Ramires next to Mata and Luiz behind him he'd have 2 capable defensive players to break up play, feed him and for him to bring the rest into the game.

If you read up on Oscars stats i bet you would be suprized how complete a midfielder Oscar is, work rate speed and tackling is right up there for such a young age.
    Moses is more of a Right footer but can use both feet, he is quality ahead of Hazard on our left but as you mention he offers his tracking back qualitys aswell. Thats where we need to get a left footed player like moses to play on our RW postition.

Ivan is a quality player but for me id rather use him as well as Ramires as utility players to fill in were needed. Azpilicueta needs more time to adapt but seems to be doing ok so far.
    Our right hand side is our weakest yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

If anyone needed any more proof that Jose is a hero..
    Jose Mourinho: "Eden Hazard's red card? I think Swansea should have been suspended!"

any credible sources reporting madrid in for cech or is it just the daily star?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

If anyone needed any more proof that Jose is a hero..

Jose is the king of gamesmanship.

what a day wrote: »
    If you read up on Oscars stats i bet you would be suprized how complete a midfielder Oscar is, work rate speed and tackling is right up there for such a young age.
    Moses is more of a Right footer but can use both feet, he is quality ahead of Hazard on our left but as you mention he offers his tracking back qualitys aswell. Thats where we need to get a left footed player like moses to play on our RW postition.

Ivan is a quality player but for me id rather use him as well as Ramires as utility players to fill in were needed. Azpilicueta needs more time to adapt but seems to be doing ok so far.
    Our right hand side is our weakest yet again.

I was meant to put Azp in my team, woops. :o

peteeeed wrote: »
    any credible sources reporting madrid in for cech or is it just the daily star?

I havent seen anything at all.

I'd also expect Jose will be long gone before Casillas so its all a load of tripe if ya ask me.

I could see Cech finishing his career with us TBH. Id worry for Courtios being sold but id love us to keep him and loan him out again next season. The following season we can rotate between Cech and Courtios and keep doing so untill Courtios is the better keeper and eventually bench Cech. We could use one keeper for PL and CL and the other keeper for the cup games.

We should have a second string team/Fringe players to play in our second string tournaments and to blood younger players that have finished a succesful loan spell.

Both teams should play the same formation/tactics as the first team and our youth and reserves teams.

harry rednapp

“Hazard toe-poked the ball under the boy’s body. Why is the kid lying on the ball in the first place?” he said. “You can imagine the frustration — you’re a player trying to reach a cup final but there’s this kid behaving like an idiot who won’t give you the ball back.

Benitez has confirmed that Luiz will miss Sunday's game & is likely to miss the Reading game too with a recurrance to his ankle injury.

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Benitez has confirmed that Luiz will miss Sunday's game & is likely to miss the Reading game too with a recurrance to his ankle injury.

So bringing him on against Swansea has cost us him for at least 1 game where he would have played?

Excellent, all we're short now is to go out of the cup Sunday. :rolleyes:

So bringing him on against Swansea has cost us him for at least 1 game where he would have played?

I am really not bothered about the cups this season. As far as I'm concerned we should prioritise the league and ensure 3rd place.

There was talk also though that Ivanovic picked up a knock so i'd say thats why Luiz was brought on.

Id say it will be Terry & Cahill starting at CB now.

I agree to a point, but as defending champions we should be making a good stab at defending this one and not go out in a shambles like we did with the UCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Can we still get Lukaku back? It looks to me like he's growing seriously fond of West Brom and understandably so. There's a serious danger of him not wanting to come back whatsoever I reckon.

TheStook wrote: »
    Can we still get Lukaku back? It looks to me like he's growing seriously fond of West Brom and understandably so. There's a serious danger of him not wanting to come back whatsoever I reckon.

i think he's officially staying till the end of the season

• Advertisement

He won't have a say in the matter as he's under contract, also why would you want to play for West Brom when you have the chance to play for Chelsea. (He's also a Chelsea supporter)

Basically what Caveman1 said, hes a chelsea supporter and hes turning into a better play for having gone on loan, he would seriously push Ba/Torres for a starting spot when he comes back.

WBA have got the services of a good, young CF and Chelsea and Lukaku will benefit from game time we couldnt possibily offer him.

I wasn't aware he was a Chelsea supporter, that's pretty cool.

I really hope he does get the game time he deserves for Chelsea next season, he's been fantastic for WBA so far and is still very young.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    He won't have a say in the matter as he's under contract, also why would you want to play for West Brom when you have the chance to play for Chelsea. (He's also a Chelsea supporter)

I'd personally rather play for a mid-table club that played me regularly over a top club that never played me, although there are other factors to consider obviously.

And him being a Chelsea supporter changes everything

Supposedly he saw hasslebank score at old Trafford in the 3-3 draw and started supporting Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

peteeeed wrote: »
    Supposedly he saw hasslebank score at old Trafford in the 3-3 draw and started supporting Chelsea

Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen in their pomp were an absolute wonder to behold. It can't have been much fun for defenders seeing them line up against them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I'd personally rather play for a mid-table club that played me regularly over a top club that never played me, although there are other factors to consider obviously.

And him being a Chelsea supporter changes everything

At this moment in time he wants to play football. He will get more games at WBA then he will at Chelsea so he's happy to stay. He probably also fells he's not good enough to contribute to Chelsea on a weekly basis.

However, in a few years time he will want to be playing his football at the highest level which means playing in the Champions League and playing alongside the likes of Oscar, Mata and Hazard.

Personally, he has so much more to offer than Torres that he should be ahead of him in the picking order but that's just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Chelsea player Eden Hazard has been charged with violent conduct by the FA after kicking a ball boy in match against Swansea.

From Sky News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ridiculous.

Crazy sh!t. I am fast becoming very disillusioned with football. It's completely lost the plot:(

Thats just excellent news.

We have City away in 5 games time, watch the FA pull a 5 game ban or more out of the sky so he misses it.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

and the brat ballboy walks away with a smirk on his face. What responsibility should Swansea have had for having an unsuitable individual as a ballboy? The FA is fast becoming a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

from BBC...the crucial parts highlighted, he is going to get a big big ban for this.
    Eden Hazard charged with violent conduct by Football Association

Chelsea's Eden Hazard has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association after kicking out at a Swansea ball boy.
    The Belgian midfielder, 22, faces an automatic three-match ban for his dismissal, but the FA alleges the standard punishment was "clearly insufficient".
    Hazard was sent off in the 78th minute of the Capital One Cup semi-final second leg after the incident with 17-year-old Charlie Morgan.
    The player has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday to respond to the charge.
    The FA says it will remind all clubs "of their responsibilities in ensuring ball boys and other personnel around the pitch act in an appropriate manner at all times.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    and the brat ballboy walks away with a smirk on his face. What responsibility should Swansea have had for having an unsuitable individual as a ballboy? The FA is fast becoming a joke.

TBH, the only thing that should have been done was for Hazard's red to stand and for it to be a 3 game ban, nothing more.

No need to fine Swansea, no need for a witch hunt on the ballboy and that would have been the situation dealt with, but not for the FA.

When the Swansea Chairman comes out looking for no action to be taken agaisnt Hazard then you got to seriously look at the FA and the procedures.

It's not the first dubious decision they'll make nor will it be the last.

Thats just excellent news.

We have City away in 5 games time, watch the FA pull a 5 game ban or more out of the sky so he misses it.

:rolleyes:

The FA could of just let him take the 3 game ban and let that be it, I think they just like to be in the media.

If the FA do give him a few exra games, hopefully Chelsea appeal it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement