Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is interesting (if true) Neymar snubbing us to join Barca, shame in a way he is a decent player. Upside is though if Barca blow their money on him they may not have much left to bolster their defence which is poor and getting worse.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/315921/?

We'd have some problem fitting him into our line up at the moment.

I suppose we could shift it around and see :

Cech
    Azp Cahill Luiz Cole
    Ramires Oscar
    Hazard Mata Neymar
    Lukaku

/Drools :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We'd have some problem fitting him into our line up at the moment.

I suppose we could shift it around and see :

Cech
    Azp Cahill Luiz Cole
    Ramires Oscar
    Hazard Mata Neymar
    Lukaku

/Drools :pac:
    ronaldo on the bench??? :)

peteeeed wrote: »

I suppose we could make room for him up front at a push. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Interesting question this do we stick or bust with Nando?

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2013/05/torres-would-you-keep-him-at-chelsea.html?

Personally I hope he does not go to Brazil for the waste of time Confederations Cup and see what the new man thinks after the Asia trip.

Interesting question this do we stick or bust with Nando?

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2013/05/torres-would-you-keep-him-at-chelsea.html?

Personally I hope he does not go to Brazil for the waste of time Confederations Cup and see what the new man thinks after the Asia trip.

For the time I'd keep him, Ba and Lukaku and give them a pre-season see how they get on.

Ideally, Mata, Torres & Azp wouldnt go to the Confederations Cup, now Mata has a much better chance then Nando & Azp of making the squad but I'd hope he does get a rest.

Although I've found a quote from Del Bosque on ESPN last week when asked about Casillas and the Confederations Cup.
    We will gather together players who have played a very hard season," he said. "We will see how they are. We must get them in the best condition to begin to train."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

No point in speculating at this point, lads... Until the 1st of September, when it's all done and dusted, when all said dust has settled and when everything is copper-fastened... then we can start talking about things properly.

But yeah, speculation is fun anyway. I still say that Sami Khedira would be a brilliant buy for the club, if the rumours of him following TSO are true.

Cant beat totally unfounded speculation :eek:

Khedira would be good for sure, I just hope we bolster our defence, buy a back up keeper and give some of our 2012/13 loanees a run in Asia. I would love to see KdB, Piazon & Chalobah at least given a crack of the whip.

Also extend Thibauts contract and send Josh out to a Premier league club I don't see him getting much in the way of game time next season but would hate to see him leave on a permanent basis just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

On Ba, I think he is good back up to have. He did well at the start and scored some goals. Didn't set the world alight but I still think hes a decent option to have up front.

Cant beat totally unfounded speculation :eek:

Khedira would be good for sure, I just hope we bolster our defence, buy a back up keeper and give some of our 2012/13 loanees a run in Asia. I would love to see KdB, Piazon & Chalobah at least given a crack of the whip.

Also extend Thibauts contract and send Josh out to a Premier league club I don't see him getting much in the way of game time next season but would hate to see him leave on a permanent basis just yet.

I'd actually just promote Blackman as back-up keeper, give himself a chance behind Petr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jesus, just saw that José is 1/20 to take over as Chelsea manager!!! the next closest are Conte and Pellegrini, both at 22/1!!!!! :eek:

Well, I've yet to see a bookies getting it wrong yet.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Must be a sweetener so that we can get first dibs on his son. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

peteeeed wrote: »

No thanks how could u support him after he playing for United for years same goes for Rooney and that Idiot Suarez. Do we not have morals anymore lads?

fozz10 wrote: »
    No thanks how could u support him after he playing for United for years same goes for Rooney and that Idiot Suarez. Do we not have morals anymore lads?

So under the same assumption, if Messi became available this summer you wouldnt want him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

michael owen???

Of course would support them to err is human to forgive divine (sometimes :rolleyes:)

Speaking of which

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130522/exclusive-ramon-calderon-cristiano-ronaldo-could-follow-jose-mourinho-ch-1981?

I don't rate foreign clubs as bitter rivals

I'd rather Blackman TBH. :pac:

Bet the owners of the pie shop are delighted

I don't rate foreign clubs as bitter rivals

I'd rate Barcelona as huge rivals and when we play them in the UCL they're huge games.

Is it a bitter rivalry, I'd say so, we've got a very good record against them, one of the better around.

Also, as Ronaldo would be coming from Real, hes not directly coming from an EPL team and you cant hold someones past against them forever.

• Advertisement

There are two types of rivalry now really the traditional one be it Spurs, Leeds, ManU, Arsenal or QPR and the newer ones.

We are indeed fortunate that we qualify for the Champions league on a regular basis, and by and large would give ourselves a good chance of reaching the latter stages. In that vogue I would see Barca, RM & Bayern as very bitter rivals every bit as much as ManU or ManC (these days) are in the domestic league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I reckon we should loan Thibauts to a premiership club so he can start getting used to the style of play, remember that DeGea took at least half the season to bed in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Kirby wrote: »
    I don't think that's a fair comment. The players have to know who is in charge. And he has to be in charge. Madrid have never truly backed mourinho and this just serves to give the players license to rebel.

The manager picks the team, he's in charge and don't you dare cross him or you are out on your ear. That's the only way a football club can function at the highest level and by not backing their manager, it was Real themselves who encouraged dissent from within.

Don't get me wrong, Jose's no angel.......but if you make your manager impotent you are only shooting yourself in the foot. Guys like Casillas and Ramos should never have been allowed to front up to the manager. The club let that happen.

Mourinho was backed to the hilt by Madrid, even Valdano was sacrificed in order to give Mourinho even more power when he wanted it. It was very clear he was being given the keys to the sweet shop and he could lock Casillas in the cellar if he wanted.

When you have as rumoured, only three players talking to you when you leave, then there's more than a problem with Casillas and Ramos. He lost the entire dressing room a long time ago.

Say Mata kicks up a fuss next season under Mourinho - do yous get rid?

duploelabs wrote: »
    I reckon we should loan Thibauts to a premiership club so he can start getting used to the style of play, remember that DeGea took at least half the season to bed in

Yes & no really.

Yes in that I do think it would be good for him / us and also we are getting him away from Madrid where he may be getting too settled.

No in that Champions League experience would be very good for him - of course we could loan him to Arsenal (runs for cover).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You must have hated this lad

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy14bUGIUomiDP54xioi2jlxNoWrJ1nyvGFQrueGh-pX3lNVm6

dfx- wrote: »
    Mourinho was backed to the hilt by Madrid, even Valdano was sacrificed in order to give Mourinho even more power when he wanted it. It was very clear he was being given the keys to the sweet shop and he could lock Casillas in the cellar if he wanted.

When you have as rumoured, only three players talking to you when you leave, then there's more than a problem with Casillas and Ramos. He lost the entire dressing room a long time ago.

Say Mata kicks up a fuss next season under Mourinho - do yous get rid?

Sort of depends upon who you want to believe, at Porto, Chelsea & Inter he was well supported by the players at Madrid not. As a Chelsea fan I would favour the spin that says the Madrid players are superstars and have superstar ego's this is alluded to in a few places as being the root of the problem.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

I think the major area that we need to sort going into next season is our central defense. We can't rely on Terry to be fit for every match anymore, Cahill is good, but not good enough. That leaves Luiz and Ivanovic; and Luiz may be needed elsewhere.

Spend big on a young central defender now, and we could build our defense around him for years to come. If we concentrate of getting the spine of the team right, we could build a team that could dominate. Look how well the Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard, Drogba core has served us over the last number of years. Can we create that magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

In relation to Jose losing the Madrid dressing room - did he really want to keep them? According to Sid Lowe Jose has been in talks for a return to Chelsea for a long time, even pre-Rafa. He also knew than Roman wasnt going to pay the huge comp to Madrid, so it really wouldn't surprise me of Jose engineered this situation so Madrid would allow him to walk away, with neither side facing the huge financial penalty.

Maybe this has a touch of conspiracy theory to it, but I wouldnt put it past the master manipulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Detour wrote: »
    In relation to Jose losing the Madrid dressing room - did he really want to keep them? According to Sid Lowe Jose has been in talks for a return to Chelsea for a long time, even pre-Rafa. He also knew than Roman wasnt going to pay the huge comp to Madrid, so it really wouldn't surprise me of Jose engineered this situation so Madrid would allow him to walk away, with neither side facing the huge financial penalty.

Maybe this has a touch of conspiracy theory to it, but I wouldnt put it past the master manipulator.

No that's Edge, Edge is the one and only master manipulator.

I doubt Mourinho lost the dressing room on purpose. He would have desperately wanted to win the Champions League with Madrid. I do think that after their elimination from that competition, he would have realised the situation, only 1 trophy available (the smallest of the 3, which they didn't even win in the end) a dressing room divided, an unhappy club legend who wields a lot of power, unhappy fans and a dissatisfied president. He will have wanted out and I do believe some of his antics post Dortmund were done to get him out of his contract without him, or Chelsea, having to pay a penny for him.

• Advertisement

You must have hated this lad

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy14bUGIUomiDP54xioi2jlxNoWrJ1nyvGFQrueGh-pX3lNVm6

There's a difference takin someone up and coming from another club who's winning capabilities are way below ours ie lampard. It's more to do with watching someone like Ronaldo for United or Rooney for years while not liking them I don't just start liking them because we sign them

duploelabs wrote: »

My take is either bring him back and start him or leave himwhere he is.

Whats the point in sending him to lets say West Ham on loan when he'd be better served playing at in the UCL with Atletico and pushing for a 2nd/3rd place finish in Spain.

The main difference between Courtois and De Gea is size, while De gea is no small keeper, he must be 6ft 2/3 Courtois is 6ft 6 and he must have at least 10-12kgs on De Gea who isnt as physically strong and imposing as Courtois, I'd have no doubt that Courtois would have no problem settling into the EPL.

There's a difference takin someone up and coming from another club who's winning capabilities are way below ours ie lampard. It's more to do with watching someone like Ronaldo for United or Rooney for years while not liking them I don't just start liking them because we sign them

But Lampard played nearly 150 games for WHU before joining us, think it was 144 in about 6 years. :confused:

I'm sure Ronaldo was at Utd for 6 years before he left.

Lamps might have come from a "lower" team but he didnt pop up from the Championship, they're a London rival and a huge game for both clubs & fans every year.

But Lampard played nearly 150 games for WHU before joining us, think it was 144 in about 6 years. :confused:

I'm sure Ronaldo was at Utd for 6 years before he left.

Lamps might have come from a "lower" team but he didnt pop up from the Championship, they're a London rival and a huge game for both clubs & fans every year.
    Well I dont go googlin facts about players I just know if I dislike players for years I dont start liking them because we sign them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well I dont go googlin facts about players I just know if I dislike players for years I dont start liking them because we sign them

I personally don't dislike Ronnie, one could even say I like him, I dare say there are others like me who could appreciate how good he is despite wearing a man utd shirt,

Hell many of us having a liking for Nando and yet if I remember correctly he came from a team that could be considered a rival.

Killinator wrote: »
    I personally don't dislike Ronnie, one could even say I like him, I dare say there are others like me who could appreciate how good he is despite wearing a man utd shirt,

Hell many of us having a liking for Nando and yet if I remember correctly he came from a team that could be considered a rival.
    I suppose each to there own. I couldn't stand him at United. Anyway it ain't gonna happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

And dont forget Sparky and Jimmy Floyd . Sure Ray Wilkins was in my neck of the woods recently playing for Utd old boys.
    Killinator wrote: »

I didnt Goggle, my old fella is a West Ham so I know a small bit about them.

Now I have Goggled it just to make sure, Lamps played 148 league games for them and scored 24 goals.

I'd have Ronaldo and Messi at this club in a heartbeat, I couldnt care who they played for all that matters is that when they represent the club you support is they do well, players past dont mean a jot now a days, football is a buisness and you need the best if you want to win.

The really great thing about signing the likes of a Ronaldo is it makes you stronger and your competitors weaker. That is never a bad thing!

Now, I also think we'll never get Ronaldo but thats another matter really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Now, I also think we'll never get Ronaldo but thats another matter really.

Not a mission will we land him IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mourinho’s relationship with Ronaldo was under scrutiny last weekend when the forward appeared to shout ‘**** you’ at his coach after scoring his 200th goal for Real.

Ronaldo spoke in Portuguese when he pointed to the Real club badge and shouted ‘I’m here, I’m here’ in front of Mourinho as the coach prepares to quit Spain after three years in charge of the world’s biggest football club.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329019/Chelsea-pole-position-land-80m-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Real-Madrid-chief-Ramon-Calderon-dismisses-Manchester-United-return.html

Sounds like Ronaldo and Jose are the best of mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

DazMarz wrote: »
    Jesus, just saw that José is 1/20 to take over as Chelsea manager!!! the next closest are Conte and Pellegrini, both at 22/1!!!!! :eek:

Well, I've yet to see a bookies getting it wrong yet.
    Well with Rafa being lined up for PSG, Ancelotti for Madrid, and Pelligrini for Man City, it's hard to imagine where Mourinho can end up other than Chelsea. Stoke? :pac:

No, Jose is nailed on for CFC.

Rooney for PSG? According to L'Equipe at any rate: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1456910/psg-open-talks-sign-rooney---report?cc=5739

Makes more sense than to CFC, IMHO.

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't see that as much of a hatchet job tbh. A article of foreboding and warning for Chelsea even.

As a Barcelona fan, I'd fear Madrid under Ancelotti or Benitez more than the past three years. Madrid collapsed from the inside and he did nothing but encourage it happening on the face of it.
    The best thing Perez did was sign Zidane. And he got a UCL as a result. But apart from that, RM have been pretty much in decline since. A shadow of what they think they are.

Nothing to do with Jose at all. Perez's Galacticos policy was the ultimate in pandering to player power. No manager has been able to tame the dressing-room since. Although Mourinho was given some leeway by Perez, look at how many noses were put out of joint when Jose laid down the law to Casillas and Ramos. Look what Ferguson did to Keane, Stam and others, and how it helped him keep the MU show on the road.

Nope, RM is pretty much unmanageable. Jose gave it his best shot, but there are too many institutional egos there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Just saw this on Facebook. David Luiz is such a hero.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=630023793692365

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

McDave wrote: »
    The best thing Perez did was sign Zidane. And he got a UCL as a result. But apart from that, RM have been pretty much in decline since. A shadow of what they think they are.

Nothing to do with Jose at all. Perez's Galacticos policy was the ultimate in pandering to player power. No manager has been able to tame the dressing-room since. Although Mourinho was given some leeway by Perez, look at how many noses were put out of joint when Jose laid down the law to Casillas and Ramos. Look what Ferguson did to Keane, Stam and others, and how it helped him keep the MU show on the road.

Nope, RM is pretty much unmanageable. Jose gave it his best shot, but there are too many institutional egos there.

Schuster did fine, winning the league as did Capello before him, Pellegrini did excellently given the chairman didn't want him and he was ditched for Mourinho and he had none of the player problems that Mourinho brought with him.

Madrid were beginning to get away from that era with Capello, Schuster and Pellegrini, then Mourinho waded in. I'd expect that a wise old head like Ancelotti will repair some of the damage.

Interesting blog on TSO from a Madrid supporter, I do hope he is not playing with us can only see glory heaped on glory if he arrives.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2013/5/23/4356398/the-limits-of-man-management-jose-mourinho?

Good read ^.

Ya gotta love Goal.com
    Jose Mourinho will be appointed the new Chelsea manager within the next fortnight, Goal understands.

Well no sh*t Sherlock, considering his contract is up in 9 days its possible he could be appointed Chelsea boss soon afterwards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement