Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Rafa signed with Napoli 2 year deal.

All in all a very beneficial arrangement for both of us, raffa's oversaw a europa league victory and a top 3 finish whilst showing some of our more experienced players that they no longer hold so much clout in the dressing room and sucessfuly putting himself in the shop window for a more permanent position. Have to say was never in favour of him coming in but I think in the end he got it spot on! Wish him the best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RichT wrote: »
    Any linkage to that?

Napolis chairman on Sky Italia a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Napolis chairman on Sky Italia a few minutes ago.

OK.........Any linkage to that then?....................:P

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

#Rafafuori :-D

RichT wrote: »
    OK.........Any linkage to that then?....................:P

https://twitter.com/CFCSKY/status/337974592377327618

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

As sky were showing the last few UCL finals I watched last years, can never get tired of:

"DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"CECH SAVES!"

"HE'S DONE IT!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I bought the end of season review for that year, I was very disappointed that there wasn't better coverage of the 2 Barca games and the final itself. I was hoping for some behind the scenes footage, etc.
    Was ever such a DVD released anyone know?
    My God, that Drogba penalty will live long in the memory!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ah, no... the best moment from last season was Gary Neville's orgasm when Torres scored against Barcelona. Absolutely priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

The 'neville orgasm' occurs a second time when Drogba (he who is idolised) scores the equalizer against bayern in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Yup go on borrussia

More like Neuer v. Weidenfaller at the moment... fúckin hell... Some of the most stunning saves I've seen in a long time, and on the biggest stage of all too.

Extra time and penos written all over it this does. Cannot see either 'keeper making an uck-fup tonight.

EDIT: Uber Bayern Alles! What a move from Bayern. Goetze doesn't look too happy for sure.

Jesus, can you imagine Neuer losing for the secod consequtive year on penos?

Looking more and more like Bayern are going to nick it. Dortmund will be delighted to get to extra time. Though if they can cobble one good attack... you never know

Delighted for Robben!

EDIT: Thats how to lift a fu*king trophy, hint Bosingwa last year and Mikel this year,

Let the captain/captains lift it first, it's their right as captains, not for everybody to try it at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

A real shame Loftus Cheek went off injured, poor challenge from Yaya Toure. It was a cracking 40 minutes from him, big, strong, technically good, composed and with quick feet, if you were to compare him to someone I'd say there is a bit of the Yaya Toure or Ballack about him. Pretty impressive stuff.

Aside from that it wasn't good. Ba missing chances and generally playing dreadfully, Torres missing chances, playing a bit better than Ba generally but still not good enough. Oscar with an amazingly bad pass for their first goal, then a stunning pass for Torres who doesn't take the chance. Luiz not really switched on at all, though he's played some great passes and has smashed into a few people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Furious at how Loftus-Cheek was treated, was running rings around the city midfield so they kicked him out of it. Thugs.

Commentator on ESPN had a point, on a night in which there was 8 goals scored and numerous chances, Chelsea's strikers didn't register a goal between them. I know it's a pretty meaningless friendly but the game tonight and the game a couple of nights ago illustrate again the difference in quality up front between the sides, City can call on Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko, the three of them are better options than Torres or Ba. It's an area that really has to be looked at, I don't think Ba is up to the standard required, a big name striker and Lukaku and there is the 3 strikers for next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

As has been said its a meaningless friendly but I'm a little disappointed the we failed to get a victory against city in this and I know that some kids got a run about but to me it really reflects the dominance that city have shown on us in the last few seasons.

And so Neymar has signed for Barcelona. Not surprised at all. The biggest surprise for me was that Real Madrid didn't dangle a bigger cheque in front of him is all to lure him to the Bernabeu, but how and ever.

Barcelona splashing money around on flashy attackers once again. I would not be surprised if they didn't spend a penny on improving their defence and this will make them suffer.

Of course, Neymar was purported to be switching to a plethora of clubs. Chelsea's name was mentioned, but in reality, Chelsea were always going to be a poor 3rd choice club at the very best. The likes of Barca and Madrid were always going to be the first choices for him.

People say Madrid would have ruined him. I'm not so sure. I think he would have slotted right in there. But too many egos there, and one more big ego is not what Madrid need.

At Barcelona, he will no longer be the big fish any more. Same would have gone at Madrid. But I think his attitude and mentality at Barcelona will tell a lot. He will have to be more of a team player, and he may have to be content with playing second fiddle to Messi for long periods of time. I don't know if he will be content with that.

It will be interesting to say the least. I hope he can fulfil his potential and deliver upon the promises. But not when he's playing against Chelsea. Hopefully when he comes up against Chelsea his scoring record will be similar to that of Messi's. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Looks like we'll be heading stateside in August again..
    Chelsea Football Club will be taking part in the inaugural Guinness International Champions Cup in America this summer.

The eight-team tournament will see us play three games in August, with opposition confirmed from Europe, the Barclays Premier League and the MLS.

Chelsea FC will join AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Valencia, Everton and LA Galaxy in the competition.

Ron Gourlay, Chelsea Chief Executive, said: 'We are looking forward to taking part in the tournament as part of our preparation for the 2013/14 season.'

More details on the tournament, including opposition, match dates and ticket details, will be confirmed in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

falcao having medical at monaco

Radamel Falcao is set to have a medical with Monaco on Monday before moving to the Ligue 1 club for 60 million euros (£51,295,000), according to reports in Spain.

The Colombia striker has long been linked with a move away from Atletico Madrid with Manchester United and Chelsea mooted as possible destinations.

However, it appears that Monaco have jumped to the head of the queue with the newly-promoted team having already recruited highly-rated Porto pair Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez for a combined fee of around £60million.

President Dmitry Rybolovlev is highly ambitious, evidenced by his capture of the Porto pair, who are former team-mates of Falcao who has scored 32 goals in 36 appearances this season.

Atletico manager Diego Simeone has already said he will not bear any grudge if the 27-year-old leaves, and Sunday night's Primera Division match against Real Mallorca at the Vicente Calderon is looking increasingly likely to be his last home game for the Rojiblancos.

Monaco assistant coach Jean Petit is reported to have told Radio RCN on Friday: "Yes, we are expecting Falcao and four or five other players of his quality.

"We have spoken and we continue to speak with Falcao and his representatives, negotiations are ongoing. We hope to seal a deal as soon as possible.

"Monaco need a player like Falcao because he can help us a lot and because he can attract other top players, and that's the best way of confirming out project is big and interesting.

"Signing Falcao is a big coup on sporting and media levels for French football."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8736774/Transfer-news-Radamel-Falcao-set-for-Monaco-medical-according-to-reports

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

You would have to question Falcao's ambition. I have no doubt the pay check at Chelsea, ManU, PSG would have been very civilised (I know there is little or no tax in Monaco which is also under challenge from French soccer body) and he would certainly have been in the thick of everything. We have had plenty of mercenaries in out time we don't need another.

Barca I think will need to sell some players they are poor in defence I really hope they blow the budget on Neymar as they will be very fragile if they don't do something on defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I like Cavani but could Lukaku do that job for us? For that reason Lewandowski for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You would have to question Falcao's ambition. I have no doubt the pay check at Chelsea, ManU, PSG would have been very civilised (I know there is little or no tax in Monaco which is also under challenge from French soccer body) and he would certainly have been in the thick of everything. We have had plenty of mercenaries in out time we don't need another.

Barca I think will need to sell some players they are poor in defence I really hope they blow the budget on Neymar as they will be very fragile if they don't do something on defenders.

Are Monaco not just an extension of what Chelsea were in June 03?

Wouldn't be inclined to question Falcao's motivation any more than I would Drogba or Robben's then. Moving to a team who pay big bucks who were destined to become a force on the pitch because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Phoenix wrote: »
    Cavani or Lewandowski?who would be the better fit for us?

I think Cavani. Quick, tough, versatile, Latino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

CSF wrote: »

Wouldn't be inclined to question Falcao's motivation any more than I would Drogba or Robben's then. Moving to a team who pay big bucks who were destined to become a force on the pitch because of it.

not really , chelsea had qualified for the champions league before roman took over , monaco have just been promoted from the french 2nd division and have an average crowd of 5000

Not even close we had a team full of internationals who had qualified for the Champions league and had won a few trophies (including the ECWC). When Drog & Robben joined we had appeared in the previous seasons Champions League semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

peteeeed wrote: »
    not really , chelsea had qualified for the champions league before roman took over , monaco have just been promoted from the french 2nd division and have an average crowd of 5000

They've been in the Champions League final in the past 10 years though and are traditionally one of the most successful clubs in their country, not something Chelsea can say. The past couple of years are an obvious blip on that record and crowds are never really relevant there for a number of reasons. It's not like they're Anzhi.

Compared to the Premier League the French league is very poor league, Scotland have won as many European cups for example. How they can be compared to a team which had just finished second in the premier league and got to the champions league semi final is a bit weird except for the Tinkerman of course. Must be some perverse history thing I expect

The French League is obviously inferior to the Premier League, it's likely number 5 in Europe. However, the fact is that it's improving and with almost guaranteed Champions League football for PSG and Monaco, they become more attractive propositions from a footballing point of view. Obviously Paris and Monaco excel too in non-footballing attraction.

I don't think CSF was trying to claim that the flight of talent to the South of France is exactly the same as the start of Roman's reign, but there's definitely similarities. Chelsea weren't a really big club when Roman came in yet they still attracted the talent, they had a lot of money and a lot of potential. The same can be said of Monaco, though naturally to a different extent.

peteeeed wrote: »
    As said above, Monaco have been a regular in the Champions League, and have actually been to a final in the last 10 years, something Chelsea could never have dreamed of before Abramovich. It isn't the exact same, but similar.

Mind you if FFP does not get kicked out how will Monaco justify €130m (and rising) on gates of a maximum of 18,500. If it does not get over turned then Falcao, Moutinho and Rodriguez won't play in the Champions league anytime soon assuming they can get to the top 3 in the French league.

So lets see it would be exactly the same as some billionaire taking over say Liverpool now. Yea that I could understand but a billionaire taking over a team that had won a European trophy within the past few years, had reached a champions league quarter final, won their domestic cup recently.

Much as people like to say Chelsea have no history it is a comment of total error (putting it nicely).

Mind you if FFP does not get kicked out how will Monaco justify €130m (and rising) on gates of a maximum of 18,500. If it does not get over turned then Falcao, Moutinho and Rodriguez won't play in the Champions league anytime soon assuming they can get to the top 3 in the French league.

It wont affect Falcao. The talk is that he is only going to Monaco for a season, maybe even only 6 months. Balague says Atletico didn't want to sell directly to Real Madrid so they sold to Monaco, to then make it possible for him to move to Real Madrid, thus indirectly selling the player to Real Madrid.

News breaking that Chelsea have released Ross Turnbull.

So lets see it would be exactly the same as some billionaire taking over say Liverpool now. Yea that I could understand but a billionaire taking over a team that had won a European trophy within the past few years, had reached a champions league quarter final, won their domestic cup recently.

Much as people like to say Chelsea have no history it is a comment of total error (putting it nicely).
    If you're actually comparing in stature Chelsea pre-Abramovich, to Liverpool at any stage in our lifetime you're either 14 or seriously deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DazMarz wrote: »

Wasn't good enough even as back up. Wasted a good few years of his career. Can't see him being first choice for any team in the Premier League even the promoted ones. Championship for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

DazMarz wrote: »

I thought we had just offered him an extension? Must be remembering wrongly?

Maybe he rejected it and wanted better conditions. Chelsea then decided to release him.

Johner wrote: »
    Wasn't good enough even as back up. Wasted a good few years of his career. Can't see him being first choice for any team in the Premier League even the promoted ones. Championship for him.

Looks like it. Really thought he'd be good, but he just wasn't up to the standard. Though if he plays his cards right, he may find a club somewhere.

Is Hilario going after this year too? If so, the club will need to sign a new backup keeper. No way will Courtois come back from loan to warm the bench. And Blackman. Well, 4 goals in 45 minutes says it all, don't it? Rumour now flying that Lopez will come with José.

If you're actually comparing in stature Chelsea pre-Abramovich, to Liverpool at any stage in our lifetime you're either 14 or seriously deluded.

What have Liverpool done in the last 5 years( you said lifetime) that is so much better than the 5 years before Abramovich came to Chelsea.

I wouldn't consider Liverpool in very high stature these past few years, steadily pushed out of the top four as they have been

Basically comparing Liverpool right now to Chelsea pre-arbramovich is not in any way as far fetched as you'd like to believe

No Chelsea pre Roman to Liverpool now. And it is a long long time since I was 14 (years old I assume you meant but neglected to add).

Directly pre Roman we qualified for the champions league who did we beat at the Bridge last day of the season to do that I wonder. Liverpool will not see the Champions league for many years unless they win the Europa League after 2015 I think is the year. If you think Liverpool will make the Champion League anytime soon any other way it is most certainly not me who is deluded.

There was talk of an extension, which made no sense to be fair. Dan Levene normally has a good finger on all things Chelsea (though until recently he was reporting no chance of TSO coming home hope he is wrong there)

I'd like to see lewandowski but I think I might have trouble telling him and Cahill apart, double egg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd like to see lewandowski but I think I might have trouble telling him and Cahill apart, double egg

Lewandowski is going to Bayern.

Lewandowski is going to Bayern.

Which will probably send Gomez our way, although I'm not a huge fan of his.

• Advertisement

Duncan Castles reckons Jose has signed a 4 year deal worth a cool 160K a week net.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement