Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lewandowski is going to Bayern.

Heynckes seems to think that for sure, though I dont really know what they will do with him. Still a fine player will will only strengthen them.

I wonder if Heynckes goes to Madrid though will he try and bring him along there. With Barca getting Neymar Madrid will want some form of a marquee signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Heynckes seems to think that for sure, though I dont really know what they will do with him. Still a fine player will will only strengthen them.

I wonder if Heynckes goes to Madrid though will he try and bring him along there. With Barca getting Neymar Madrid will want some form of a marquee signing

Seen a Twitter reoprt that a Polish newspaper broke this morning hes signed for Bayern.

Could be a load of lies though, the break up of Dortmunds star players will weaken them very much, now seems like the ideal time to go after Hummels.

It wont affect Falcao. The talk is that he is only going to Monaco for a season, maybe even only 6 months. Balague says Atletico didn't want to sell directly to Real Madrid so they sold to Monaco, to then make it possible for him to move to Real Madrid, thus indirectly selling the player to Real Madrid.

Yea read that in a few places thing is Balague is wrong often than right these days. If he does go to Monaco it will raise the bar a lot for Madrid to get him back with the benign tax rates levied in Monaco.

It could be an interesting summer, anyone know when the FFP hearing is due to report? That could make it very interesting.

Anyone know anything about the guy from Vitesse, Van Ginkel?

Castles and a few others saying we're among a number of clubs looking at the 20 year old CM.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Duncan Castles reckons Jose has signed a 4 year deal worth a cool 160K a week net.

Yossi & Malouda comes near to paying that.

ST£160,000 after tax yea I think I would work for that, providing the bonus payments were OK of course :eek:

• Advertisement

I think at Real he was on 185K euro a week at Real, so I assume that works out around a 160k Stg a week give or take.

I suppose ya, you could live with it, even with a personal fortune in the 10's of millions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Seen a Twitter reoprt that a Polish newspaper broke this morning hes signed for Bayern.

Could be a load of lies though, the break up of Dortmunds star players will weaken them very much, now seems like the ideal time to go after Hummels.

Not so sure about Hummels after seeing him in the semis and final, seems error prone when defending but great when going forward.
    Can't see Jose having both him and Luiz as centre backs though it would make for exciting times.

I reckon its Subotic thats the weaker link in that partnership.

We do need a CB anyway, we cant expect to compete long term with our current options, they're not up to standard IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I reckon its Subotic thats the weaker link in that partnership.

We do need a CB anyway, we cant expect to compete long term with our current options, they're not up to standard IMO.
    But subotic's clearance off the line for a defender would be like a 40 yard screamer for a striker

Was it Subotic or Hummels? Was watching on a ****ty projector in a pub couldnt really make out who it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Was it Subotic or Hummels? Was watching on a ****ty projector in a pub couldnt really make out who it was.

Subotic

I still want Hummels :P

Torres, Mata & Azp in Spains prelim squad for the upcoming Confederations cup.

Balls to that anyway. :rolleyes:

Torres, Mata & Azp in Spains prelim squad for the upcoming Confederations cup.

Balls to that anyway. :rolleyes:

FFS joke of a tournament as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Torres and Dave probably won't mind the run out, but can't we decline the request for Mata's services on the grounds that he's knackered? Or even pull a Suralex and find some vague ailment that rules him out?

The other thing about these meaningless fixtures is every one of them is a prime chance for a key player to get injured.

Was hoping Mata would get the summer off.

All we can hope for is none of them pick up injuries.

When are they playing the Irish in America, few weeks?

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Torres and Dave probably won't mind the run out, but can't we decline the request for Mata's services on the grounds that he's knackered? Or even pull a Suralex and find some vague ailment that rules him out?

The other thing about these meaningless fixtures is every one of them is a prime chance for a key player to get injured.

This tournament is very close to FIFA's heart apparently so the chance of any players being given the time off is very unlikely. Del Bosque really should not have picked him but seen as he is not a starter for Spain that was never likely neither.

International managers never have worried about player welfare or so it seems.

This tournament is very close to FIFA's heart apparently so the chance of any players being given the time off is very unlikely. Del Bosque really should not have picked him but seen as he is not a starter for Spain that was never likely neither.

International managers never have worried about player welfare or so it seems.

Even though hes a better player then Silva im glad for us that Silva plays more games then him.

Bruma to PSV expected to be announced soon.

Yea he had a really torrid time at HSV this season, going home would be the best for him I would say at this stage,

• Advertisement

Only seen the odd highlight and report here and there but it seems like the best option alright.

Current 26 man Spain squad, to be cut down to 23.
    Spain squad:

Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool), Valdes (Barcelona);
    Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid), Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Monreal (Arsenal), Pique (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid);

Alonso (Real Madrid), Benat (Real Betis), Busquets (Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Fabregas (Barcelona), Garcia (Manchester City), Iniesta (Barcelona), Martinez (Bayern Munich), Mata (Chelsea), Navas (Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Silva (Manchester City) Xavi (Barcelona);

Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia), Villa (Barcelona).

If ya want to believe the Mail they reckon Monaco are ready to offer 25million for Ivanovic.

If its anyway true I'd be packing his bags and bring in another CB with that money.

Hes a bit of a liability but he plays with his heart on his sleeve and leave sit all out there which is endearing to the fans but that kind of money would be way to good to turn down IMO.

Weve the young Brazilian Wallace coming in and we've Azp doing good so thats RB covered, arguably weve Kalas and Christensan coming through and Chalobah but I reckon we still need a proven CB to play alongside Luiz as Cahill isnt great and JT despite his experience and what he gives vocally is no longer cut for top class football week in week out IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

25 million is heaps of money, if it's true we'd have to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mourinho is at the Championship play off final. Probably watching the future of Chelsea in Chalobah. ;)

The Ivan story has been oing the rounds for a few days right enough, if it is ST£25m then take it indeed.

25 million is heaps of money, if it's true we'd have to take it.

It is, hwo much did we pay for him? 7/8 Million?

That kind of return is huge I'd let him go and thank him for his service, in fairness hes won it all with us. :pac:
    Johner wrote: »
    Mourinho is at the Championship play off final. Probably watching the future of Chelsea in Chalobah. ;)

True, just spit balling here but he could also be finalising the last details of a contract with us.

His final game with Real is Saturday and I'd expect him to be announced in the following week that hes coming back to London.

To say I'm getting excited now is an under statement. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Sunday Times are saying that Luiz may be sold to fund Mourinho's buys.
    Hopefully not .
    If ya want to believe the Mail they reckon Monaco are ready to offer 25million for Ivanovic.

If its anyway true I'd be packing his bags and bring in another CB with that money.

Hes a bit of a liability but he plays with his heart on his sleeve and leave sit all out there which is endearing to the fans but that kind of money would be way to good to turn down IMO.

Weve the young Brazilian Wallace coming in and we've Azp doing good so thats RB covered, arguably weve Kalas and Christensan coming through and Chalobah but I reckon we still need a proven CB to play alongside Luiz as Cahill isnt great and JT despite his experience and what he gives vocally is no longer cut for top class football week in week out IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

bullpost wrote: »
    Hopefully not .

I read that too.

They were saying he is building a number of game plans , ie with money to spend , without money to spend etc etc .....

Would be a shame to lose Luiz , he is great to watch , but damn he makes me nervous when he is trying to defend.

Hopefully not .

Theres more likely candidates then Luiz IMO and also selling our best CB and one of our best CMs makes no sense what so ever.

If we take the current 1 st team squad :

Cech - I'd sell him to PSG or Monaco and bring back Courtois
    Ivan - Sell him if the Monaco story is true
    Bertrand/PVA - I'd sell one and keep the other.
    Mikel/Essien - nobody would take them on but I cant see much of a future for either.
    Marin - if anybody would take him, bring back KDB.
    Torres/Ba - sell one, keep Lukaku and sign another CF, alternatively, keep all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Same article has Cech being kept with Essien and Modric following from Real.
    We should know more very soon...
    Theres more likely candidates then Luiz IMO and also selling our best CB and one of our best CMs makes no sense what so ever.

Mikel/Essien - nobody would take them on but I cant see much of a future for either.
    Torres/Ba - sell one, keep Lukaku and sign another CF, alternatively, keep all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Can we please disregard articles from the Daily Mail and Goal.com. they are utter utter rubbish

Much as it pains I think letting Petr go to Monaco would be a good idea bring Courtois back and the lad from Real as well.

Would keep the 3 strikers and see how we get on. Torres whilst very poor in the league will need to show with TSO in charge. Ba is a decent enough 3rd striker but I think Lukaku will overtake both of them anyway.

I would try and loan Marin for the season back to Germany, meaningless friendly but he was so much more comfortable on the ball when compared to Yossi. If we can loan him to Germany then we can see but certainly KdB should certainly be brought back.

Think we are stuck with Ess and Obi till end of contract time. Ess was fantastic but I think the old knees are knackered I fear. Obi well maybe TSO can work some magic will need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can we please disregard articles from the Daily Mail and Goal.com. they are utter utter rubbish
    That would depend on who the journalist at the Daily Mail was that writes the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Jose knows he can't really use Sideshow in defence. Can he be a game changer in midfield? I reckon the jury's still out with the fans. I'd say Jose probably wants someone more dependable, and with better discipline and concentration.

My gut is that JM is happy to put Luiz up for sale, if he can bring in someone who suits his style better. And he'll get a good price too.

The transfer market's already starting to move quickly. JM will want to hit the ground running. So we can expect the first reliable reports in this Sunday's papers, the day some expect him to touch down in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I hope all this talk of selling bob is bull****, one of the more exciting purchases in recent years and he has a killer eye for a defense splitting pass not to mention that he's a top guy!

Nice training ground effort by Lamps with England

http://bbcsporf.lockerdome.com/articles/107889102

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I read that too.

They were saying he is building a number of game plans , ie with money to spend , without money to spend etc etc .....

Would be a shame to lose Luiz , he is great to watch , but damn he makes me nervous when he is trying to defend.

What happened to the ST£100m the interim one made reference to?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looking back at some old footage begs a question I've always meant to ask.

When was the running track or oval shape at Stamford Bridge removed?

dfx- wrote: »
    Looking back at some old footage begs a question I've always meant to ask.

When was the running track or oval shape at Stamford Bridge removed?

The running track went some time when the East stand went up in the 70's iirc.

I'd have the goggle the year but I think thats what the story went like.

That was a greyhound track until the 60's. When I first went to the Bridge as a snapper the racing had finished but some of the lights and what not was still there.
    With the start of the ill fated ground redevelopment it went altogether.

Sky Sports reporting the interim one officially Napoli manager

Sky Sports reporting the interim one officially Napoli manager

Seen it on Twitter an hour ago but it was a dodgy enough source, I suppose the news was coming anyway after the talks in London before going to America.

Wish him all the luck in the world and thanks for the trophy Rafa, what are the chances of drawing Napoli now in the UCL?

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The oval shape and the terraces behind, I think they were still there the day Sheffield United were relegated back in the early 90s, 92/93..

http://file043.bebo.com/4/large/2008/05/22/20/5959732174a7810825484l.jpg

*packs bags and buys Napoli scarf*

Shame I just can't seem to paste photos have some good ones of the Bridge they used to park cars on those ovals during matches mad that. The track ran down the west & east stand and had ovals at the shed and north stand end. If you are on twitter follow the league magazine always puts up loads of obscure football photographs, I think they are Chelsea fans as they put up a load of Chelsea photos including Rachel Welsh in full Ozzie kit.

Have a look at some of the photos on this site, the colour photo circa 1970 is how I first remember the Bridge and you can get some concept of the dog track

http://www.stadiumguide.com/stamfordbridge/

Seen it on Twitter an hour ago but it was a dodgy enough source, I suppose the news was coming anyway after the talks in London before going to America.

Wish him all the luck in the world and thanks for the trophy Rafa, what are the chances of drawing Napoli now in the UCL?

:pac:

I think you can almost take us drawing Napoli to the bank would be interesting ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Have a look at some of the photos on this site, the colour photo circa 1970 is how I first remember the Bridge and you can get some concept of the dog track

http://www.stadiumguide.com/stamfordbridge/

Excellent photos there thanks. Jeez the suspense of the off season is driving me wild already, nothing quite like silly season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement