Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Don't you just hate off season football and rugby out bah humbug I say. We should get great entertainment though if TSO signs trying to see how he is going to blend the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Phoenix wrote: »
    I really hope Lukaku gets a chance next season,a beast of a player!

Yeah I really hope we don't spend a fortune on another striker, ad much as I like torres if we had a striker who could reliably score goals our season would have been a whole lot different and lukaku looks to me like the best man for this, a genuine chelsea fan to boot.

I really hope Lukaku gets a chance next season,a beast of a player!

So do I, we could try something radical and give the 3 guys Torres, Ba and Lukaku a run. Each have proved successful in their own rights in the past.

I'd like to see piazon given a chance next season, one of my favorite academy players the seems to be a bit of a forgotten man these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

true also would like Feruz given a chance too

We are just dripping with talent on loan and in the academy, little need for a 100 million war chest in my opinion just a good manager and the support of the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Don't worry about the close season. Real's last La Liga game is this Saturday, June 1st against Osasuna. You can pretty much guarantee that it's going to a media bloodfest from the moment TSO tips his hat in Chelsea's direction after that. Who will he sign? Who might he boot?

As far as Lukaku is concerned, I've already seen an article that suggest that José sees Lukaku as the new Drogba and wants him back at the Bridge in a blue shirt.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/27/jose-mourinho-wants-to-keep-new-drogba-romelu-lukaku-at-chelsea/

Bild is suggesting that a Dortmund deal for KdB is all but done, for a valuation in the region of €15m.

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Bild is suggesting that a Dortmund deal for KdB is all but done, for a valuation in the region of €15m.

Bild not the most reliable but if true how daft? Klopp and Dortmund have a good eye for young players if thet want KdB there is a fairly obvious reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Mario Gotze is one of the best young players on the planet at the moment. Bayern Munich think so anyway; they just shelled out to the tune of €37,000,000 for him.

Dortmund need to replace Gotze.

If they are looking to buy Kevin deBruyne, that should tell everyone everything they need to know. If he is good enough to be seen as a replacement of sorts for Gotze, he is more than good enough to get a game at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Yep. From the same report they're saying they need an adequate replacement before closing the deal.

Piazon says he wants to come back from Malaga and break into the Chelsea first team. Four amigos?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8683874/Chelsea-striker-Lucas-Piazon-hoping-be-a-part-of-first-team-plans-next-season

And Courtois says he wants to remain on loan at Atletico Madrid for "one more year" before competing for the number one jersey with Petr Cech at Chelsea.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/27/chelsea-goalkeeper-thibaut-courtois-keen-to-remain-at-atletico-madrid-3810148/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone reckon Rafa will come in for a player or two to bring to Napoli?

By all accounts they'll have money to spend, they should lose Cavani so that would free up more cash, any chance he'd take Torres and would he go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GavRedKing wrote: »

By all accounts they'll have money to spend, they should lose Cavani so that would free up more cash, any chance he'd take Torres and would he go?

Well he did continue to show his man crush on yossi when at the bridge so hopefully.

I can't see Nando going now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

benni :)

And Courtois says he wants to remain on loan at Atletico Madrid for "one more year" before competing for the number one jersey with Petr Cech at Chelsea.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/27/chelsea-goalkeeper-thibaut-courtois-keen-to-remain-at-atletico-madrid-3810148/
    if they sell falcao to monaco then no way . premiership experience is needed

Yossi is on the free anyway.

The only way I can see us going for Cavani is if we off load Torres, whcih would probably see Lukaku loaned out, again.

Yossi is on the free anyway.

The only way I can see us going for Cavani is if we off load Torres, whcih would probably see Lukaku loaned out, again.

i'm not sure about that . if you look at man u and man city they had/have 4 strikers . i think with our system we need 3 to cover all competitions

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    i'm not sure about that . if you look at man u and man city they had/have 4 strikers . i think with our system we need 3 to cover all competitions

The way I see it is we'll either stick with our current 3, Ba,Lukkau,Torres.....or we'll bring in a CF and sell or loan one of the remaining 3.

multiple papers reporting chelsea's interest in Marco van Ginkel

Chelsea line up bid for £8m-rated Vitesse midfielder Van Ginkel

The 20-year-old has been watched by Manchester United manager David Moyes and Norwich this season and is valued at £8m.
    Chelsea are lining up a potential move for Vitesse's 20-year-old midfielder Marco van Ginkel
    Chelsea have a close working relationship with the Dutch club, who had defenders Tomas Kalas and Patrick Van Aanholt on loan from the London side this season.
    Meanwhile Blues defender Jeffrey Bruma, 21, is in talks over a move to PSV Eindhoven.
    Bruma has spent the last two seasons on loan at Bundesliga side Hamburg alongside fellow Chelsea youth graduate Michael Mancienne.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331843/Chelsea-line-bid-Vitesse-midfielder-Marco-van-Ginkel.html

The way I see it is we'll either stick with our current 3, Ba,Lukkau,Torres.....or we'll bring in a CF and sell or loan one of the remaining 3.

if you go on form then lukaku would be the one to stay but maybe he needs another season of playing as the no.1 striker , at the start of the season with WBA he was behind odenwinge and long and forced his way in

multiple papers reporting chelsea's interest in Marco van Ginkel

Chelsea line up bid for £8m-rated Vitesse midfielder Van Ginkel

The 20-year-old has been watched by Manchester United manager David Moyes and Norwich this season and is valued at £8m.
    Chelsea are lining up a potential move for Vitesse's 20-year-old midfielder Marco van Ginkel
    Chelsea have a close working relationship with the Dutch club, who had defenders Tomas Kalas and Patrick Van Aanholt on loan from the London side this season.
    Meanwhile Blues defender Jeffrey Bruma, 21, is in talks over a move to PSV Eindhoven.
    Bruma has spent the last two seasons on loan at Bundesliga side Hamburg alongside fellow Chelsea youth graduate Michael Mancienne.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331843/Chelsea-line-bid-Vitesse-midfielder-Marco-van-Ginkel.html

I don't know Ginkel from van Winkle, so I don't know what position in midfield he takes up. It would only make sense if he was a pivot/playmaker - what used to be called a midfield general (Ballack for example) - who can link up play and had excellent distribution. We've got enough tacklers, runners and dribblers. Someone who can pass the ball and make it count would be nice.

Mancienne......wasnt he on loan to Wolves a few seasons back?

He was fairly average to poor from what I remember of his outtings for Wolves.

Right this must be the oddest report I have ever read was taken by the headline.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/benitez_excited_by_napoli_job_and_will_take_chelsea_staff_with_him_to_italy_1_2212470

And was curious about which staff, article does not really make that clear.................

But if he takes Eva then there is a special corner of hell reserved for him :(

Right this must be the oddest report I have ever read was taken by the headline.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/benitez_excited_by_napoli_job_and_will_take_chelsea_staff_with_him_to_italy_1_2212470

And was curious about which staff, article does not really make that clear.................

But if he takes Eva then there is a special corner of hell reserved for him :(

From the article :
    Benitez also confirmed that fitness coach Francisco de Miguel Moreno and goalkeeping coach Vicente Javier Valero Berchili, who were both part of his backroom team at Liverpool, Inter Milan and Chelsea will join him once again.

In essence, hes taken "his staff" with him.

Although I'm sure where that leaves Zenden. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

he can have Yossi no charge as a parting gift seeing as he seems to rate him so highly

From the article :

In essence, hes taken "his staff" with him.

Although I'm sure where that leaves Zenden. :confused:

Ah thats grand when I opened it along side all the normal adverts and what not the article only consisted of

Rafael Benitez paid tribute to the Napoli fans after he was confirmed as the club’s new manager.

That was the article in its entirety well thats good news at least.

I don't know Ginkel from van Winkle, so I don't know what position in midfield he takes up. It would only make sense if he was a pivot/playmaker - what used to be called a midfield general (Ballack for example) - who can link up play and had excellent distribution. We've got enough tacklers, runners and dribblers. Someone who can pass the ball and make it count would be nice.

some of the reports mention a lampard/ballack type player, 6ft 1
    good article on him here from a chelsea fan who watches vitesse regularly

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/5/27/4369534/potential-chelsea-fc-transfer-target-marco-van-ginkel-vitesse-arnhem

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331952/Jose-Mourinho-win-Champions-League-Chelsea-justify-return-claims-Rudd-Gullit.html

Gullit reckons anything less then winning the UCL during his 2nd tenure and Jose would be a failure. :pac:

What can we realistically acheive next year, what do you think we'll do?

Gonna answer my own question, what I want to see from next year :

EPL - Sustianed push for the title,Utd losing Fergie will weaken them will it count against them, time well tell. I'm hoping we can at least be in the mix when it comes down to April/May unlike the last 2 seasons.
    FA/League Cup - Ideally I'd hope we could win at elast one of these trophies next year.
    UCL - Get to the SF and we'll have had a very good campaign, of course winning it would be the dream but cant really see it.
    Super Cup - After last years thumping I'd love if we could win it this year but we're playing a better team then Atletico this time around so winning it would be a huge task, its a trophy cabinet filler more then anything else but any silverware is welcome.

EPL - 2nd
    FA Cup - Winner
    League Cup - QF/SF (hopefully by playing the youngsters)
    UCL - QF/SF
    Super Cup - Winner (hopefully)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331952/Jose-Mourinho-win-Champions-League-Chelsea-justify-return-claims-Rudd-Gullit.html

Gullit reckons anything less then winning the UCL during his 2nd tenure and Jose would be a failure. :pac:

What can we realistically acheive next year, what do you think we'll do?

there will never be a more open title race or champions league with so many new mangers , when has the top 3 teams changed their manager at the same time so the premier league is attainable

Main trophy for me next season would be the EPL, we have been off the pace for 2 or 3 years now and really for a team of our means that just is not good enough. It will be interesting to see how ManU and ManC get on with their new managers Pellegrini is a better manager than Moyes I think so I would expect it to be us and City fighting it out but time will tell there. I don't really see Arsenal fighting for the title and no one else has a chance.

It is all up for grabs in the Champions League the obvious thing to say is Munich will win it again but a long way from cut and dry and how will Pep take to Munich? Same to be said of RM who will be the manager and is that club actually manageable at the moment? As for Barca hopefully Tito will be over his illness, they seem very much a one man team at present but Naymer should solve that. Big question there is will they buy (or have money for) a defence? PSG if Carlo stays could be a very good outside bet even at this stage. We should be best of English challengers but it is a lottery by and large from the quarters as at that stage most clubs would be capable winners.

I hope they take the FA cup seriously I just love that competition and love seeing us win it.

League cup yea young players and those on fringe of first team but not getting regular games, should still be good enough for latter stages.

Super cup walk in the park, TSO will want one over on Pep early :D

In summary

EPL Winners
    ECL Last four then fingers crossed
    FA Winners
    LC Last four
    SC Winners

So there no pressure then..................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

dfx- wrote: »
    *packs bags and buys Napoli scarf*

:)

I think the return of the King will help keep non Chelsea fans interested in this thread tbh.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :)

I think the return of the King will help keep non Chelsea fans interested in this thread tbh.

In typical Roman fashion he'll be probably be sacked by Feb/March :pac:

One of the few managers we didnt sack. :pac:

http://hasbenitezbeensacked.com/

In typical Roman fashion he'll be probably be sacked by Feb/March :pac:

So your optimistic he will get that far, hmmm interesting ;)

So your optimistic he will get that far, hmmm interesting ;)

I'm optimistic that he'll come back and tell us what date he expects us to win the EPL by and by how many points.

:cool:

• Advertisement

Looks like Bayern have upset Dortmund so the Lewandowski transfer may not be so straight forward, I would still like to give Torres, Ba and Lukaku a run together but if we could upset Pep before he starts that would be even better. Throw a €25m and KdB spanner in the works and see what happens.

Also you just have to love Klopp, got to be #2 to TSO. What a fantastic description of the Champions League final in the first paragraph.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/robert-lewandowski-move-to-bayern-munich-from-borussia-dortmund-designed-for-new-coach-pep-guardiola-8634141.html

I dont like Klopp or Dortmund.

Although thats more down to the recent gushings of a few friends towards Dortmund more so then anything else.

i dont really see the dig at chelsea fans only that napoli fans are nuts and he wants to get onside

from the metro
    Rafa Benitez digs at Chelsea fans on Napoli arrival
    Rafa Benitez fired a thinly-veiled parting shot towards Chelsea fans, by lauding the supporters of his new club Napoli.

The Spaniard, who endured a turbulent relationship with Blues fans throughout his spell as interim manager, signed a two-year deal to replace Walter Mazzarri at the Serie A runners-up, and was keen to hype the role of the ‘special’ Neapolitan support.

Benitez said: ‘I must confess that I am extremely excited because I can share my passion for football with the fans of Napoli; it is proven that they are very, very special.

‘I look forward to experiencing each and every one of the fans of Napoli and their strong support for this project that we will begin.

‘I am very happy and very satisfied for having committed to a great club with an illustrious heritage like Napoli.

‘I understand the history of the city and how the club forms a fundamental part of the culture and traditions of Naples.’

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis first announced Benitez’s appointment on Twitter, billing the 53-year-old as ‘a man of great international experience. A leader.’

De Laurentiis lost previous coach Mazzarri to Serie A rivals Inter Milan.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/28/rafa-benitez-digs-at-chelsea-fans-on-napoli-arrival-3810744/

Not much in that article IMO, people will however try make a mountain out of a mole hill somewhere along the line.

Now if he only does the decent thing and sells Hamsik and Cavani and we'll give him Torres and Yossi and a free Malouda too. :P

i dont really see the dig at chelsea fans only that napoli fans are nuts and he wants to get onside

from the metro
    Rafa Benitez digs at Chelsea fans on Napoli arrival
    Rafa Benitez fired a thinly-veiled parting shot towards Chelsea fans, by lauding the supporters of his new club Napoli.

The Spaniard, who endured a turbulent relationship with Blues fans throughout his spell as interim manager, signed a two-year deal to replace Walter Mazzarri at the Serie A runners-up, and was keen to hype the role of the ‘special’ Neapolitan support.

Benitez said: ‘I must confess that I am extremely excited because I can share my passion for football with the fans of Napoli; it is proven that they are very, very special.

‘I look forward to experiencing each and every one of the fans of Napoli and their strong support for this project that we will begin.

‘I am very happy and very satisfied for having committed to a great club with an illustrious heritage like Napoli.

‘I understand the history of the city and how the club forms a fundamental part of the culture and traditions of Naples.’

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis first announced Benitez’s appointment on Twitter, billing the 53-year-old as ‘a man of great international experience. A leader.’

De Laurentiis lost previous coach Mazzarri to Serie A rivals Inter Milan.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/28/rafa-benitez-digs-at-chelsea-fans-on-napoli-arrival-3810744/

Just as well he said experiencing each and everyone of the Napoli fans and not serving each and every one of the Napoli fans the internet web would have gone into melt down :P Very odd thing to say though.

There may have been a dig there may not I really dont care he is gone that is the most important thing (mind you if the internet web is to be believed his missus did have a pop http://www.givemesport.com/347728-rafa-benitezs-wife-aims-parting-shot-at-chelsea?)

• Advertisement

guinness book of records for longest interview ever, Poor MP got tied in knots

Thats a LONG article.

Hard to take it all in, Platini maybe a good delegate but an accountant he is not, now he was either avoiding the finer details of the FFP which i think he wasnt or he actually has no clue of the finer details proposed.

SAmuel sums it up perfectly, its good in theory but this model may not be the best way to use the FFP.

I think it shows quite clearly that UEFA have no idea what they are doing regarding FFP and it is a totally unfair system to the smaller teams. I think Samuels makes a very fair point why have all the biggest European teams endorsed it so quickly that should ring alarm bells.

Interesting his comments on referees as well and the (lack) of interaction with the extra officials behind the goals which he wants investigated, though if he were really concerned recording the officials or even broadcasting (a la rugby) then he would be certain of good interaction between all officials. Also the FIFA dictate they cannot move or signal anything.

It is just as well football is so popular it seems to be run by people who have little or no idea what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Next season I think we have to win the league for it to be a success. Especially if we have Jose in charge.

I hate the off season but I just love LOVE silly season

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/ronaldo-to-chelsea-is-this-the-deal-that-mourinho-is-holdin/4225188/?

That would be great just how many people would that annoy

Nearly, but not quite, as good would be

http://footylatest.com/bayern-munich-are-very-serious-about-raiding-liverpool-in-the-summer/43957?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement