Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    II actually worried by the moves that Monaco are making, could steal the mou

What has poor old Ranieiri done to annoy Jose, coming in stealing his job. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

"Barcelona vice-president Carles Vilarrubi has hit out at Jose Mourinho and claims he will be a 'disaster' if, as expected, he returns to Chelsea after announcing his departure from Real Madrid.

Mourinho is ready to bid farewell to Spanish football after three eventful years at Santiago Bernabeu.

The enigmatic Portuguese coach has courted controversy throughout his time in Madrid, with regular clashes with arch-rivals Barca seeing him hit the headlines for events on and off the field.

Vilarrubi says no-one in Spain will miss Mourinho and his antics when he has gone and feels the Premier League would be ill-advised to welcome him back with open arms - six years after he brought a successful three-year stint at Stamford Bridge to a close.

"There was nothing he brought that was good. There was no positive balance. I cannot see anything good about him. Not one thing. In sporting terms, maybe I am not the person to ask. But in cultural terms, he was a disaster."
    Carles Vilarrubi

The Barca chief told The Daily Telegraph: "It is not good for English football. Chelsea maybe think they had a good time from him in the past, but you will see the real Mourinho now.

"If he behaves like he did in Spain it will only be an unhappy relationship. A disaster. And at his age he is not going to change.

"My position is not because he was the coach of a rival, but because of who he is and what he did. His three years in Spain he only creates disagreements, arguments. There is nothing positive he brings.

"You can learn good things about life from watching people in football, or the circus, or the opera. There was nothing he brought that was good. There was no positive balance. I cannot see anything good about him. Not one thing. In sporting terms, maybe I am not the person to ask. But in cultural terms, he was a disaster.

"Apart from his aggression to the coach of Barca, the ambience he creates everywhere he goes, the relations with the players, with the press, are absolutely terrible. I am happy that he is leaving. And so is everyone in Spanish football.

"I am just glad he has gone. I am not interested in him. Go leave, goodbye."""

No Best Wishes for the future card coming from Barca..........

Your biggest rivals manager leaving to go to one of your biggest rivals in recent years in Europe, ya I'm sure his views on Jose arent any way skewed towards anything other then hatred or disdain. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Guillem Balague on Sky Sports News 'everyone at the Bernabeu knows where Mourinho is going next.'

He said: "Jose Mourinho has been in touch with Chelsea for at least two weeks, probably much more than that, finalising a deal he wanted.

"When he said there was one club that loved him more than the others he was obviously referring to Chelsea and probably adding a bit of pressure to Roman Abramovich for everything to be finalised.

"He did tell everybody at the club - or the ones he still speaks to - that his wish was to go back to London.

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/8742577/Premier-League-Chelsea-keep-quiet-as-report-claims-Jose-Mourinho-deal-is-done

Is that the same Balague who claimed back in Feb that Jose wouldnt be going back to Chelsea?

That Balague is a bluffer, he can be wrong with his IDK info and bringing out the above when nearly every dog on the street can see where Jose is likely to end up is just cringe worthy.

Now if Jose ends up somewhere else I'll look like an awful plonker after the above but its highly likely Jose is all set for SW6.

• Advertisement

Chelsea have released a few youth players accprding to Twitter, Affane, Deen-Conteh, Nkumu, Howard, Seremba, Nortey, Figueira, Bangura

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2332202/Jose-Mourinhos-backroom-staff--bring-Chelsea-operate.html
    When Jose Mourinho first walked through the doors at Stamford Bridge he brought with him just four backroom staff to supplement the existing team.
    In came Rui Faria, a fitness coach with whom Mourinho worked closely at Porto, and took to Inter Milan and Real Madrid following his first spell at Stamford Bridge.
    Goalkeeping coach Silvino Louro, who was the man between the sticks for Benfica in the 1988 and 1990 European Cup finals, also joined and has also been at the Special One's side at every club he has managed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Would believe little or nothing until TSO (or whoever) is installed but if this is true then seems a very sensible way of doing things,

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/05/30/bayer-leverkusen-claim-agreement-with-chelsea-over-kevin-de-bruyne-as-part-of-andre-schurrle-deal/87630/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Your biggest rivals manager leaving to go to one of your biggest rivals in recent years in Europe, ya I'm sure his views on Jose arent any way skewed towards anything other then hatred or disdain. :pac:

Pretty unusual for a representative of another club, even such a huge rival, to make such comments though.

Will Schurrle be the only attacking option we bring in?

I really hope KDB gets a chance with us, the guy looks a real talent.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Pretty unusual for a representative of another club, even such a huge rival, to make such comments though.

Goes to show how much Jose got under the skin of the entire Barca outfit when he took over Real, he was hardly flavour of the month when he rocked up with Chelsea and Inter to the Camp Nou.

Also as I think nearly everyone knows the Spanish media dont have the same love for Jose and his antics that some of the rags in England have, even Marca seem to grow tired of him.

Will Schurrle be the only attacking option we bring in?

I really hope KDB gets a chance with us, the guy looks a real talent.

Me too he looks really good for sure. If the club are desperate to get Schurrle then this is a much better compromise than letting him go, personally would prefer if he went on the tour of Asia at least and then decide.

Me too he looks really good for sure. If the club are desperate to get Schurrle then this is a much better compromise than letting him go, personally would prefer if he went on the tour of Asia at least and then decide.

I was hoping KDB would get a pre-season, too impress the new guy, as the policy of buying young and talented has only lead to those talented individuals being sent on loan, now if we sign Schurrle, whos what, 22 and allow the just as young and talented KDB on loan it kind of defeats the purpose of buying for the future IMO although if Bayer insisted on it and KDB goes onto to impress it could be a good thing for all invovled.

I just think Schurrle coming to us will mean he gets less games with us then KDB will on loan.

I know we'd struggle to find game time for all the guys on loan at the moment and in a way thats a good thing, goes to show the talent we have, they really need to be playing and can command starting spots in clubs around Europe.

Goes to show how much Jose got under the skin of the entire Barca outfit when he took over Real, he was hardly flavour of the month when he rocked up with Chelsea and Inter to the Camp Nou.

Also as I think nearly everyone knows the Spanish media dont have the same love for Jose and his antics that some of the rags in England have, even Marca seem to grow tired of him.

Barca have some nerve you would have to say, this is the same organisation that turned on the sprinklers when Inter beat them in the semi final and were celebrating. The press associated with them are no better

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/catalan-press-in-vulgar-chelsea-mockery-showing-little-class-and-

Barca are a club I have no time for at all I look forward to getting them again in the Champions League and with a fair unbiased ref doing a job on them again.

I agree with ya Grumpy, I hate that mes que un club malarky, it was also brilliant to watch Bayern tear them apart over 2 legs, although not many teams in Europe could have lived with Bayern the way they played over the 2 legs, part of the reason I wanted Bayern to win the UCL as they were the best team in Europe again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd love it for our Translator to do another number on them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Is that the same Balague who claimed back in Feb that Jose wouldnt be going back to Chelsea?

That Balague is a bluffer, he can be wrong with his IDK info and bringing out the above when nearly every dog on the street can see where Jose is likely to end up is just cringe worthy.

Now if Jose ends up somewhere else I'll look like an awful plonker after the above but its highly likely Jose is all set for SW6.

He is the biggest bluffer on twitter. He has no inside info whatsoever. He just picks up few lines from Spanish papers and tweets them.

He said ManUtd made downpayment for Falcao, when Falcao was about to join Monaco he said, payment was made to get updated info on Falcao. WTF.

Few days back he said Benitez won't be joining Napoli and he is waiting for Madrid and PSG job, in the next day or 2 Napoli confirmed Benitez as their manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bayer Leverkusen general manager says deal agreed with chelsea

André Schürrle's projected move from Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea has moved a step closer after the Bundesliga club's general manager said a fee has been agreed.

Schürrle, who is understood to have agreed personal terms with Chelsea, is on international duty with Germany in the US and will likely head to London to finalise the deal after his release from the national team.

The 22-year-old is set to join the Europa League winners in a reported £20m deal that will see the Belgium international Kevin de Bruyne move in the opposite direction on loan.

"We have reached an agreement with Chelsea," Wolfgang Holzhäuser told the Rheinische Post newspaper.

"They are going to buy André Schürrle for a specific fee and, in return, they will loan De Bruyne to us for a year for free.

"I expect Chelsea to stand by what has been agreed."

De Bruyne's involvement was key to the agreement being struck and the deal was thrown into doubt when the player indicated he preferred to join Borussia Dortmund.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/30/chelsea-andre-schurrle-kevin-de-bruyn

Piece on Sam Tillen ex youth team player, interesting and some positive things about JT also

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2332475/The-Footballers-Football-Column--Sam-Tillen-John-Terry-helped-injuries-Chelsea.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I agree with ya Grumpy, I hate that mes que un club malarky, it was also brilliant to watch Bayern tear them apart over 2 legs, although not many teams in Europe could have lived with Bayern the way they played over the 2 legs, part of the reason I wanted Bayern to win the UCL as they were the best team in Europe again this year.

They werent last year.

• Advertisement

Poor Benfica, prior to the Porto defeat they were on course for a treble, Leageu, Domestic Cup and EL,

Well Porto beat them and they lost the title by 1 point, we beat them a week later in the EL Final and at the weekend they lost the Cup 2-1 to V.Guimaraes who finsihed 9th or 10th in Portugal.

What way to end the season that promised so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What do we make of Schurrle?
    What will his role be in our starting line-up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would imagine more rotation with the 3 amigos? I can't see him leading the line on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I can see him being the left sided attacker, Mata in the middle and Hazard switched over to the right. All behind a lone front man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Techless wrote: »
    "Barcelona vice-president Carles Vilarrubi has hit out at Jose Mourinho and claims he will be a 'disaster' if, as expected, he returns to Chelsea after announcing his departure from Real Madrid.

Mourinho is ready to bid farewell to Spanish football after three eventful years at Santiago Bernabeu.

The enigmatic Portuguese coach has courted controversy throughout his time in Madrid, with regular clashes with arch-rivals Barca seeing him hit the headlines for events on and off the field.

Vilarrubi says no-one in Spain will miss Mourinho and his antics when he has gone and feels the Premier League would be ill-advised to welcome him back with open arms - six years after he brought a successful three-year stint at Stamford Bridge to a close.

"There was nothing he brought that was good. There was no positive balance. I cannot see anything good about him. Not one thing. In sporting terms, maybe I am not the person to ask. But in cultural terms, he was a disaster."
    Carles Vilarrubi

The Barca chief told The Daily Telegraph: "It is not good for English football. Chelsea maybe think they had a good time from him in the past, but you will see the real Mourinho now.

"If he behaves like he did in Spain it will only be an unhappy relationship. A disaster. And at his age he is not going to change.

"My position is not because he was the coach of a rival, but because of who he is and what he did. His three years in Spain he only creates disagreements, arguments. There is nothing positive he brings.

"You can learn good things about life from watching people in football, or the circus, or the opera. There was nothing he brought that was good. There was no positive balance. I cannot see anything good about him. Not one thing. In sporting terms, maybe I am not the person to ask. But in cultural terms, he was a disaster.

"Apart from his aggression to the coach of Barca, the ambience he creates everywhere he goes, the relations with the players, with the press, are absolutely terrible. I am happy that he is leaving. And so is everyone in Spanish football.

"I am just glad he has gone. I am not interested in him. Go leave, goodbye."""

No Best Wishes for the future card coming from Barca..........

A bitter sod belonging to a club now bitter at the world.

Barcelona, their players, their fans and their board are going to be very sore and sensitive for a while. Masking that pain by gambling on Neymar might work. But unless Barca buy a decent keeper, at least one decent centre-half and possibly one solid, unspectacular grafter for the centre of midfield... things will not change. They need to bolster their defence more than anything, and unless they do, scenes of games against the likes of Chelsea, Celtic, PSG (whom they did not beat in either leg; went through on away goals) and Bayern will become more commonplace. Barcelona are no longer "invincible" and taking pot shots at their enemies is a pretty low, laughable and hollow way to make themselves feel bitter.

DazMarz wrote: »

Barcelona, their players, their fans and their board are going to be very sore and sensitive for a while. Masking that pain by gambling on Neymar might work. But unless Barca buy a decent keeper, at least one decent centre-half and possibly one solid, unspectacular grafter for the centre of midfield... things will not change. They need to bolster their defence more than anything, and unless they do, scenes of games against the likes of Chelsea, Celtic, PSG (whom they did not beat in either leg; went through on away goals) and Bayern will become more commonplace. Barcelona are no longer "invincible" and taking pot shots at their enemies is a pretty low, laughable and hollow way to make themselves feel bitter.

Neymar is quite a gamble as well interesting Pep wanted Munich to go after him but they felt at the price he was too much of a gamble

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/47660__.html?

They seem to be trying their now traditional lets make it known we want (in this case) Sideshow hope he becomes unsettled and we pick him up on the cheap. They are a club with no morals or ethics hopefully it will not wash with us. I suppose the thing is we can afford to do a Malouda with any player who try's that so we are in a position to tell them take a hike where other club,s may not be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

DazMarz wrote: »

You do know Barcelona have not very much to be bitter at Mourinho about? He was a figure of fun for a considerable period at Madrid.

Lads, I know there's a certain circling of the wagons around Mourinho at Chelsea, but the game he will be remembered for at Barcelona will be the 5-0 and the "Por que" chant that was made fun of after his Unicef rant. No real reason to be bitter, Atletico won more afterall..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will the new manager take a punt on bringing back Josh for a run out does anyone reckon?

Panthro wrote: »
    Will the new manager take a punt on bringing back Josh for a run out does anyone reckon?

Well hes got good vision and a range of passes, technically hes sound but he'd need a battler in CM with him, it would have to be Ramires or Luiz of the current squad to partner him.

Romeu and himself would be another interesting pairing, both good on the ball and both look to play their way out.

What do we reckon about Cavani, looks like Europes hottest signature at the moment given Falcao going to Monaco and Lewandoski looking likely to be off to Bayern Munich.

• Advertisement

So now apparently Barca want Ivan as well, we should do them a job lot maybe ST£100m for Luiz and Ivan great value that.

Is this just paper talk or are they trying to destabilise things before TSO takes over?

If they're willing to pay about 15-20 million I'd sell them Ivan otherwise they can go do one or swap deal for Gerard Deulofeu.

Hes a real prospect and would save us going after Schurrle, although I doubt he'll leave and if he was Barca would probably insist on a buy back option after 2/3 years.

Just checked online, seems he signed a new deal only a few weeks ago, rule him out all together. :pac:

Last years stats for Barca B, 27 games, 18 goals.

Any chance we'd get rid of Mikel?

TBH he has never really progressed to the level I thought he would.

He does some parts of his game very well and then hes left down by other parts, hes never really been too consistent either which doesnt help.

I know Jose has his favourites but I think he'll have to be ruthless if he wants instant success from the squad and he may have to shift a few on to bring in others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

If they're willing to pay about 15-20 million I'd sell them Ivan otherwise they can go do one or swap deal for Gerard Deulofeu.

Hes a real prospect and would save us going after Schurrle, although I doubt he'll leave and if he was Barca would probably insist on a buy back option after 2/3 years.

Just checked online, seems he signed a new deal only a few weeks ago, rule him out all together. :pac:

Last years stats for Barca B, 27 games, 18 goals.

Dortmund have apparently agreed a loan deal with Barca for Deulofeu.

DubDani wrote: »
    Dortmund have apparently agreed a loan deal with Barca for Deulofeu.

Oh it was more ofa a Football Maager suggestion, I dont think for a second that they'll sell him and with Gotze going to Bayern and De Bruyne off as part of the Schurrle deal Dortmund will have picked up a really good alternative if it does go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Few simple rules for Mikel and he'd improve:
    1. Never,ever,ever shoot.
    2. Get rid of the ball as soon as you retrieve it. Always use the simplest and easiest pass to do this.
    3. See rule 1

:)
    Any chance we'd get rid of Mikel?

TBH he has never really progressed to the level I thought he would.

He does some parts of his game very well and then hes left down by other parts, hes never really been too consistent either which doesnt help.

I know Jose has his favourites but I think he'll have to be ruthless if he wants instant success from the squad and he may have to shift a few on to bring in others.

• Advertisement

Hes bound to score at least once in the EPL isnt he?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Hes bound to score at least once in the EPL isnt he?

:pac:

O.G.

Wasnt Carragher in minus fgiures for Liverpool goals?

4 goals scored and 5 O.G.s I think.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Suarez :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

A lot of hype today about luiz, I hope it's just the now twice annually Barcelona dirty tactics to unsettled him!
    But this time he's not been as quick to come out and state he's staying at chelsea .

Anybody wanting out on the verge of Jose coming back would be mad.

Jose will win the title in the next 3 years and should push us to at least a UCL semi final in that time.

Luiz will be staying IMO, sure we'd need about 30Million before we agree to sell him and then we'll have to use that money to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I don't think £30m is enough for him, we'd probably end up selling him for about £10m anyway.

Have chelsea called a press conference for June 3rd?

Good piece onTSO and his panache for mass clear outs on joining clubs, shows it is effectively BS

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/5/31/4383746/jose-mourinho-chelsea-inter-milan-real-madrid-selling-players?

Just thought this was funny.....playing FM13 and Barca v Chelsea is the 2015 UCL Final, Chelsea lose having KDB sent off and Barca win 3-1 with 2 penalties.

Referee is.....Tom Henning Overbo :pac:

Couldnt write it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Will things be different tomorrow when jose becomes a free agent

Don't know how to link from my phone but premierleague.com has an official Jose back at chelsea story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Wow, still there, can't believe he signed an xx year contract!

EDIT: And here's a story about that story! http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/premier-league-website-posts-jose-mourinho-chelsea-announcement-032514778.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement