Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Saw that too, really not sure about this signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Have you a link? I can't find him on twitter, although my wifi's acting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Have you a link? I can't find him on twitter, although my wifi's acting up.

Richard Keys (@richardajkeys)
    04/06/2013 19:09
    Hulk Chelsea bound.

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/341980094736252929

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Hope it's a crock would prefer the three we have already.

Barca must be getting worried about events in SW6 more rubbish from their press organs to try and unsettle our players this one in just pathetic. Interesting though second time they have targeted Mata

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/6/4/4396216/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumour-juan-mata-marca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I can imagine the meeting :

Jose : I want to sell Mata.
    Roman : P45 is in the post, see ya later.

Its not called silly season for no reason, well played Marca.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »

that's a nice scattergun approach there, I heard tomorrow they'll be revealing our interest in Zidane and Figo too :cool:

Monday should be interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Monday should be interesting to say the least.

What's Monday?

Don't know how I'm so out of the loop :'(

Joses first press conference to the media as Chelsea manager.

I assume hes off on Holdiay as we speak as it was confirmed so soon after his Real exit hes had no time off before a very hectic season ahead with us.

You know whats going to happen as well this year, we'll draw Real at some stage in the UCL, its bound to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

dont know if anyone posted this ... the independent reporting Monaco offering Chelsea €7m for JT and tempting him with €150k a week tax free

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/monaco-to-tempt-terry-with-78m-taxfree-deal-29320896.html

I assume hes off on Holdiay as we speak as it was confirmed so soon after his Real exit hes had no time off before a very hectic season ahead with us.

You know whats going to happen as well this year, we'll draw Real at some stage in the UCL, its bound to happen.

he's in germany managing a rest of the world eleven for michael ballack's testimonial where its expected he will speak with schurrle who is playing

podge79 wrote: »
    dont know if anyone posted this ... the independent reporting Monaco offering Chelsea €7m for JT and tempting him with €150k a week tax free

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/monaco-to-tempt-terry-with-78m-taxfree-deal-29320896.html

Would they not be better served going after the younger Ivanovic who would get less money then JT?

Granted he'll probably cost 3 times as much in transfer fees but Monaco aint exactly broke. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd rather get barca to give us the opportunity to stick the boot in!

podge79 wrote: »

If it is true why not take it, seems to be a little injury prone now and what little pace he had is long gone. Still a great captain on the pitch but I think his best playing days are now behind him so how often will he actually start for us next season.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'd rather get barca to give us the opportunity to stick the boot in!

How about knocking both out on the way to winning the UCL?

:pac:
    If it is true why not take it, seems to be a little injury prone now and what little pace he had is long gone. Still a great captain on the pitch but I think his best playing days are now behind him so how often will he actually start for us next season.

Oh 100% agree but I'd very surprised if Jose got rid of JT.

TBH if we offered Ivanovic and asked for about 15-20 million we'd be at least be able to sign a guy to improve the CB position, if we sell JT that 7 million isnt going to go far towards improving our CB's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

agree.. if the offer came through I'd say let him go, for the amount he's given the club we should respect his wishes .. if he wants to see out his contract fine but I dont see him having much playing time left with the team.. yes he might be able to give alot in coaching and leadership.. but injury prone as he is it might be just time for him to leave the club, have a couple of seasons away in france or whereever away from the spotlight of English media and maybe even earn coaching badges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Terry should be given the chance to end his career at his life-long club, if you think he should be sold for 7 million, I've a major problem with that.

He is the very heart and soul of the club, once he's gone we have no-one else coming through the ranks that can say they're Chelsea through and through. (McEachran being the most likely to possibly 'make it' at the club)

When he wants to retire then keep him as a coach, eventually make him manager and build him a huge ****-off statue outside Stamford Bridge!

so no ronaldo then?

Jose Mourinho has had a dig at Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, saying: "Maybe he thinks he knows everything."

Mourinho revealed that his relationship with Ronaldo broke down towards the end of last season after the former Manchester United player reacted badly to criticism.

The Chelsea manager told Spanish television show Punto Pelota: "I had only one problem with him, very simple, very basic, which was when a coach criticises a player from a tactical viewpoint trying to improve what in my view could have been improved.

"And at that moment he didn't take it very well because maybe he thinks he knows everything and the coach cannot help him to develop more.

"Cristiano has had three fantastic seasons with me, I don't know if they were the best of his career because he had some fantastic moments with Manchester United.

"I think we created a fantastic situation for him tactically in which he could express all his potential and turn that into records and goals."

Mourinho left the Bernabeu after failing to win major silverware last season and amid reports of dressing room unrest, and Ronaldo has also been rumoured to be seeking a transfer away from the Spanish heavyweights.

However, Real president Florentino Perez said the 28-year-old is going nowhere and will help the club win the Champions League next season.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is priceless," said Perez. "We will do it (win the 10th European title), and Cristiano will score a goal in the final."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8757918/Jose-Ronaldo-is-a-know-it-all

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Terry should be given the chance to end his career at his life-long club, if you think he should be sold for 7 million, I've a major problem with that.

He is the very heart and soul of the club, once he's gone we have no-one else coming through the ranks that can say they're Chelsea through and through. (McEachran being the most likely to possibly 'make it' at the club)

When he wants to retire then keep him as a coach, eventually make him manager and build him a huge ****-off statue outside Stamford Bridge!

Business is business, JT has done very well out of Chelsea and whilst he has been a great captain I don't see how the club owe him anything.

• Advertisement

Really hope he doesnt go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336127/Kevin-De-Bruyne-dark-Chelsea-future.html

Lukaku, Courtois and KDB will want to be starting every game as to improve their chances in playing in the World Cup so they wont hang around on the bench.

Malouda showing a lot of dignity after leaving fair play, of course he was well paid this past year but he could have bad mouthed all and sundry if he wanted as the money was in the bank as they say.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_outcast_bears_no_grudges_after_stamford_bridge_exit_1_2223836

Hes come across very well on Twitter too regarding the whole thing.

Rumours that Mats has handed in a transfer request, doesn't want to work with Jose. Nooooooooooooo please son't be true:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Why wouldn't he want to work with Jose?

some of his friends at Real are pissed off with Jose and he's siding with them.
    One of the guy said it on chat, hopefully BS

Some of his friends at Real......that has to be the best ever. :pac:

Some of his friends at Real......that has to be the best ever. :pac:

Yea I don't believe it either

Even if youre mates had told ya hes a pain in the arse I'm sure the guys in the Chelsea dressing room have blown on about Jose in a manner befitting a God.

So anyone who has suspicions about Jose will find out sooner or later, but I cant see any of the star players leaving in this window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Michael Ballack's testimonial on ESPN right now. People like Drogba, Carvalho, Essien, Malouda, Berbatov and even Michael Schumacher. Mourinho is managing one of the sides.

1-0 at the moment to Ballack & Friends, with Ballack himself scoring(with a very generous deflection from Essien).

There seems to be a shed load of misinformation coming out of Spain at the moment. Apparently RM have decided a change of direction is needed and they need to field more Spanish players. Mata has been put top of the must have list as being a product of the RM academy they can put him nose to nose with Barca Spanish acadamy players.

I guess we are in for a lot more of this if that s the case. Even more when his contract gets close to renewal, maybe Roman should address that matter sooner rather than later. Long term contract with much pieces of gold at the end of each month.

Crackle wrote: »
    Michael Ballack's testimonial on ESPN right now. People like Drogba, Carvalho, Essien, Malouda, Berbatov and even Michael Schumacher. Mourinho is managing one of the sides.

1-0 at the moment to Ballack & Friends, with Ballack himself scoring(with a very generous deflection from Essien).

Thanks just tuned in to see the Drog score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Keep KdB and bring back Lukaku, simples!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Keep KdB and bring back Lukaku, simples!:pac:

Sounds like the logical thing to do, would love to see them both playing with us next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

smuckers wrote: »
    Rumours that Mats has handed in a transfer request, doesn't want to work with Jose. Nooooooooooooo please son't be true:mad:
    Both Madrid and Barcelona have been less than dignified on Mourinho's departure. Perez and his 'confirmation' that Jose was returning to CFC - none of his business. And then that crock about how JM might return to RM some day. And then that cowardly cretin at Barca predicting Mourniho back at Chelsea would be a disaster. At a time when Jose couldn't immediately respond.

All piffle! If that's the best they can do at mind games, I'm looking forward to both being drawn against Chelsea at some point in the UCL next season.

It's long been a possibility that JM was coming back to Stamford Bridge. Didn't see Mata preparing the ground for departure at any point along the way.

As for Marca, it must have been a slow news day.

Schurrle deal agreed acc to German pres, no mention of KDB

Crackle wrote: »

Shevvy and Drogba proving once again they can't play alongside each other!!

Unless of course Marca got a scoop directly from Jose himself!

As recently as mid-May, Mata was expressing his support for Lampard's new contract intimating both Lampard and he would be at CFC next season. Pretty sure Mourinho was well in the Chelsea frame at that point.
    And one person who could not be more thrilled at the prospect of Lampard ­hammering goals into the back of the net for a further 12 months is Blues playmaker Mata.

The Spanish ace, 25, said: “I am so happy for Frank and for his new contract – so that we can now enjoy him for at least one more season.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/316689/Mata-I-m-so-happy-over-hero-s-new-Bridge-contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a goal Drogba. :D

• Advertisement

Vintage Drogba belter.
    Sign him up!:D

Star the only 'hard' news source reporting the Mata rumour to date: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/318601/Jose-Mourinho-to-sell-Fernando-Torres-and-Juan-Mata/

Best description so far is "Marca are trolling so hard right now" - subtitle from the home page. Actual post text at: http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/6/4/4396216/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumour-juan-mata-marca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I struggle to see Mata leaving the club in the summer. Banging the goals in for fun, providing assists all over the place, picking up medals left/right/centre, possibility of constantly adding to the ones he's got already, voted player of the year not once but twice, etc.

There is no logic in his leaving, unless Real Madrid offer him wages on a par with Arshavin (that sounds so strange and wrong) or something.

As for a falling out with Mourinho... why? Have they ever had prolonged contact? Have they ever fallen out? Did Mourinho ever slam Mata in the press? Answer to the above, I'm fairly confident is "no" to all.

This is the Spanish press stirring shíte at an epic level. Ditto The Star (a fúcking tabloid that would make up any scutter to sell papers).

There is no logical reason behind it. Add to the fact that it was football's worst/best kept secret for months that Mourinho was coming back to Chelsea. No player voiced discontent, no player seemed to be wanting out in the event. Or they would have voiced such concern earlier. There's no way that this is in any way true.

If Chelsea let Juan Mata go to Real Madrid, it'd want to be for £100,000,000 with Ronaldo, Khedira, Ozil and Kaka thrown in for good measure. And even then, I wouldn't be overly happy with the deal...

Schurrle deal done. And just for cash. De Bruyne to negotiate on own terms.
    It had been reported in Die Welt that the deal had stalled and Germany international Schurrle could remain at Leverkusen for a further year.

However, Express and Sky Germany have now claimed that the clubs have agreed a fee - thought to be in the region of €20 million - and that the player is set to sign a five-year deal.
    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1469190/reports-chelsea-agree-schurrle-fee?cc=5739

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Do we really need Schurrle though? Really?

McDave wrote: »
    Schurrle deal done. And just for cash. De Bruyne to negotiate on own terms.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1469190/reports-chelsea-agree-schurrle-fee?cc=5739

Yea we ain't got no history running that story too. I really hope we don't lose KdB as a result he looks to have a really bright future. Would also take on board Dortmund are very good judges of young players and seem very keen to get him.

I wonder how much 'interest' in Sneijder undid the Schurrle logjam. Bringing in Wesley would have allowed De Bruyne to stay on loan for a further year. Thus sending out the message Chelsea don't want to cut him loose. And that he's not going to be sacrificed for a Schurrle transfer. De Bruyne may get his wish of going to Dortmund, but just on loan. In the meantime, Schurrle comes to CFC for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Light lantern jaysus if KdB is let leave without kicking a ball or Lukaku is not given a chance this season or the special Juan is sold Jose will want to hit the ground running...and running fast. Please Jose don't dismantle the holy trinity either. I like winning, me. But I want our young guns to be given a chance too.

The only thing I see the straight cash for Schurrle deal happening is if De Bruyne wants to go to Dortmund, whether or not its permanent or not is another thing.

He'll want to play for the 2nd best team in Germany and play UCL football and Dortmund would suit him down to the ground, presumably to slot in where Gotze left.

I just hope its only a loan as selling him without giving him a go would be madness but we've done it before.

City look to be spending big and early this close season, if Pellegrini hits the ground running they are going to be very tough next season. What ever we do it needs to be on the money to challenge.

Will KdB get a preseason with TSO to show his worth?
    Feeling more and more confident Lukaku will be given a chance

We need to do something with our defence it really is not good enough

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement