Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

from BBC...the crucial parts highlighted, he is going to get a big big ban for this.

Original ban, insufficent, possible larger one down the road.

Reminder for club for failing to ensure proper conduct of its personnel.

Brillant, just brillant news, well played FA.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    The FA could of just let him take the 3 game ban and let that be it, I think they just like to be in the media.

If the FA do give him a few exra games, hopefully Chelsea appeal it.

I hope to god they do appeal any ban longer then 3 games.

Nobody is condoning Hazard's actions but imposing a larger ban is just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

In other news, Mikel missed a penalty for Nigeria, they are leading 1-0 though with half an hour left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Brillant, just brillant news, well played FA.

This the same FA that let Fellani away with a 3 game ban for punching & headbutting Shawcross.

Absolute shambolic organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Crazy sh!t. I am fast becoming very disillusioned with football. It's completely lost the plot:(

genuine question here, do you not think that football lost the plot several years ago or you only thinking this now?

For example Evra got a 5 game ban for an altercation that had nothing to do with football or Rooney getting banned for 2 games for swearing at a camera?

or carragher being banned for throwing the coin back into the crowd.

for what its worth, the entire Evra V suarez thing was a joke also and the fact he got an 8 game ban was just absurd IMO.

if you think that Hazard incident was a noting incident, surely you agree the 4 incidents i mentioned above were just nonsense?
    GavRedKing wrote: »

Nobody is condoning Hazard's actions.

are you sure about that? the general feeling i get on boards is that alot of people believe he did nothing wrong at all. was it yourself that said the red card should be appealed or was that somebody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Total nonsense makes a total farce of the FA. Sadly Haz will get a long break

are you sure about that? the general feeling i get on boards is that alot of people believe he did nothing wrong at all. was it yourself that said the red card should be appealed or was that somebody else?

At the time the red was issued I felt he shouldnt have got sent off at all, in retrospect, I've no problem with a 3 game ban but anything longer then that would be a joke.

I think the general feeling was he either kicked the lad or kicked the ball, byut the truth lies in the middle, he kicked the ball and caught your man, or he kicked your man to get the ball, whatever way you look at it, anything longer then a 3 game ban is a joke but it being the FA I wouldnt expect anyhting less and your own examples poin to it.

The ref dealt with it and issued the right punishment, I dont think it deserves an investigation especially when other incidents seem to have been " forgotten " about by the FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

From the thread that was closed I think the majority were agreeing that Hazard should have complained to the ref about the ballboy rather than try and get the ball, but at the same time believe the reaction by the media and cries of "assault" etc when there was minimal contact are ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Don't know if I've asked this before but my son is a massive cheese fan and he wants nothing more than to go to a match for his 6th birthday which is the 20th of may so the obvious choice would be the home game against everton on the last day of the season.
    What I want to know is that game going to be difficult to get tickets for and would I be better off going to the swansea match instead?

• Advertisement

Sign up for the membership, £25 for an adult, not sure if its cheaper for a kid and you'll both get tickets no problem.

I went over last year to the last home game, against Blackburn and picked up the tickets no problem on the first day of members sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

The FA and media are fast ruinning the beautyfull game!! now its just Ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The only reason the last game of the season's tickets would be hard to come by if it was a title-winning game or something (á la the Wigan game in the 09/10 Season), but as mentioned, last season's game against Blackburn was a "nothing" game in the truest sense of the word.

The only potential I can think of from this season's final game for us would be that we could be chasing 4th maybe or something. It certainly won't be a title-winning game anyway, unfortunately.

There should be no problems with it, really and truly

Thanks for the replys and I know it would be simple to just join the club but the thing is I'll be bringing my stepson also and than comes to around €100 on club membership before a ticket is bought! Don't get me wrong if this is the only way I'll probably grin and bear it but to be honest id be much happier paying it on the first day of the season than for the last, do tickets go on general sale after the members sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd imagine that tickets for the first and last home games of the season would be pretty hard to come by if not a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Caveman1 wrote: »
    In other news, Mikel missed a penalty for Nigeria, they are leading 1-0 though with half an hour left.

What is Mikel doing taking a penalty :eek: he is brutal shooting anywhere near the goal :D

• Advertisement

I suppose with Haz almost certainly getting a lengthy holiday Marin may actually get a chance to see if he can do it we would be silly to loan him out now squad is paper thin as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

what a day wrote: »
    The FA and media are fast ruinning the beautyfull game!! now its just Ugly.

surely you agree though that Hazard brought this on himself though no? 100's of top flight footballers get frustrated every weekend, but virtually none of them get involved and nothing to the extent of what he did.

the boy seems to be a really horrible **** but Hazard should have known better, football is full of horrible people and he should not have got involved.

I can see no violent intent in Haz's action so the charge seems unfair to me. How come Swansea are getting away scot free if it were the other way around you can be quite certain we would be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

If it's discovered that he tried to kick the ball, even one game is too much. Looks like Swansea are escaping a fine too? Farcical organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Talk about a stupid decision, you can't help but feel bad for Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Bertser wrote: »
    If it's discovered that he tried to kick the ball, even one game is too much. Looks like Swansea are escaping a fine too? Farcical organisation.

Come on Bradford.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Come on Bradford.
    Would be absolutely brilliant if they won.

An online poll to remove our interim manager

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=532903

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I actually thought the Hazard thing was going to blow over. Is there any word on what the intentions of the boy and his father are? I really hope they aren't looking at what the FA are doing and decide to take further action.

Actually feel really sorry for Hazard. Only a couple of months playing ball in the UK and he has to go through this sheite.

I had heard a rumour that the boy is not pressing charges or anything. Was only on Twitter, so I don't know.

Time will tell.

I loved 'Arry defending Hazard on SSN (in addition to Wenger, Lennon, McCoist and a few others). But 'Arry was classic: "I know some players who would have kicked him harder!"

Fact of the matter is that there was no viscous intent in fact I wouldn't even be convinced he made any meaningful contact with the little ****, lets not forget the ball "boy" is only a couple of years younger than hazard and was without doubt deliberately trying to influence the game coupled with the fact that he is the over privileged brat of the club owner and I believe that swansea should be charged also. Don't get me wrong hazard deserved his red card if only for being stupid and not violent conduct but to highlight the point I watched it live last night and I still got the call from my arsenal fan brother who didn't watch last night telling me he deserves a long ball for violently kicking the Pratt in the ribs and then stamping on him after! Id be surprised if he even seen a replay and with attitudes like that how can he get a fair hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I can see no violent intent in Haz's action so the charge seems unfair to me. How come Swansea are getting away scot free if it were the other way around you can be quite certain we would be charged.
    Hazard just wanted to get on with the game. The little ballboy brat should have been given a thick ear and led off the pitch by the other.

Ridiculous that a professional footballer is being witch-hunted by the media and now the FA because of a pathetically transparent stunt by an attention-seeking child.

DazMarz wrote: »
    'Arry was classic: "I know some players who would have kicked him harder!"

So do I. :)
    artikel3210picture.jpg?t=1359051156

• Advertisement

As far as football goes, we just don't seem to be able to put a decent run together. Two or three good results followed by abysmal embarrassment.

The club really needs to get its house in order. Policy should be to guarantee a top three finish. Stuff the Europa League. Keep the hand in for the FA Cup for motivation. And something to celebrate in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Is the Brentforc match on TV tomorrow?

Not on any of the Sky Channels anyway (including Setanta and ESPN), so I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

ESPN were saying a few weeks ago that Chelsea's 4th round tie would be televised... strange

Apologies, and correction: it is televised. It is on Sunday Afternoon. Coverage starts on ESPN at 11am.

When poster said tomorrow, I assumed he meant Saturday. Seeing as 00:08 is technically Saturday, I just looked at the listings for Saturday night. I just looked again for Sunday, and yeah. It's on.

Sorry!!!

Interesting Robbie thanks fans for their continuing support. I guess the chants and clapping on 16 minutes won't stop anytime soon.

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=532896

DazMarz wrote: »
    Apologies, and correction: it is televised. It is on Sunday Afternoon. Coverage starts on ESPN at 11am.

When poster said tomorrow, I assumed he meant Saturday. Seeing as 00:08 is technically Saturday, I just looked at the listings for Saturday night. I just looked again for Sunday, and yeah. It's on.

Sorry!!!

My fault! I actually thought it was on Saturday. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

mourinho documentary on itv4 now, showing an interview from his chelsea days, the interview is questioning chelsea's style of play. jose asks him who plays better football 'arsenal?' the interviwer says 'yes some say arsenal' . jose looks at him and says 'arsenal , 10 points behind' legend

We have a string of eminently winnable games coming up, with only Man City out of the top teams in there.

30 Jan, 20:00 Reading v Chelsea

2 Feb, 15:00 Newcastle United v Chelsea

9 Feb, 15:00 Chelsea v Wigan Athletic

24 Feb, 13:30 Manchester City v Chelsea

2 Mar, 15:00 Chelsea v West Bromwich Albion

10 Mar, 13:30 Fulham v Chelsea

16 Mar, 15:00 Chelsea v West Ham United

31 Mar, 16:00 Southampton v Chelsea

The end of the season looks a bit of stinker in April and May with games against Tottenham, Man Utd and finishing up with a home game against Everton. Still, there's an opportunity to fill your boots with points in February and March.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/chelsea/results/2012-2013/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

What type of team do you expect Rafa to play tomorrow?

ConorCBS wrote: »
    What type of team do you expect Rafa to play tomorrow?

I'm never sure whether to start with full team and get them off when the game is won or bring them off the bench if they're needed late on.
    Marin should play though to give him 90 and give Mata a day off!

Mourinho out. That much is certain.

Wenger in? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2268986/Arsene-Wenger-targeted-replace-Jose-Mourinho-Real-Madrid.html

As an aside, would Wenger be a fit at Chelsea? Would he even consider CFC? I doubt either. There was a piece in yesterday's FT on the failure of Wenger's 'austerity' policy - not paying a penny over his valuation - whereas before his departure David Dean would persuade Arsenal to pay that bit extra. Can't see RA allowing Wenger to pass up on a player on grounds of cost. Apart from which I don't think Wenger would even consider Chelsea.

But in any event, it looks like getting Mourinho back is make or break for Abramovich. I don't think there's any one else who can wrest football control from RA the way JM could. If he doesn't get Mourinho, RA should take it as a sign that his influence in English football is in terminal decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Down 1-0 now

I blame the interim manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I know the surface is awful but really that performance is near unforgivable. Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry, Lampard, Ramires, Bertrand, Marin and Torres all dreadful.

If this were Mourinho in charge there would almost certainly be at least two changes at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

ESPN studio ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I know the surface is awful but really that performance is near unforgivable. Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry, Lampard, Ramires, Bertrand, Marin and Torres all dreadful.

If this were Mourinho in charge there would almost certainly be at least two changes at half time.

If jose was in charge I'm sure we would not be playing 2 attacking midfielders as defensive midfielders. Ramires and lamps are wasted playing so deep. Oscar, marin and torres all gone missing today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Fast becoming a soap opera!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

MUSEIST wrote: »

If jose was in charge I'm sure we would not be playing 2 attacking midfielders as defensive midfielders. Ramires and lamps are wasted playing so deep. Oscar, marin and torres all gone missing today.

Tbf Lampard was never a great number 10 and his shift to a more defensive position was always likely. Ramires is a box to box midfielder but is really slack on the ball.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement