Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hummels and Varane, sorted.

Cech
    Azp Hummels Varane Cole
    Luiz Romeu
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hummels and Varane, sorted.

Cech
    Azp Hummels Varane Cole
    Luiz Romeu
    Oscar Mata Hazard
    Lukaku

Luiz and romeu ahead of ramires? No way jose

Luiz and romeu ahead of ramires? No way jose

Jose likes playmakers that can operate from deep, Ramires ball useage is questionable at times.

Its literally all guess work util we see his first team sheet though and Varane and Hummels will be more then likely not on it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I have to say I think Romeu is fairly over-valued on this thread? I thought he looked 'ok' but nothing special imo, didn't look the wisest in the head and his distributions looked pretty shaky too... certainly not expecting big things here.

I have to say I think Romeu is fairly over-valued on this thread? I thought he looked 'ok' but nothing special imo, didn't look the wisest in the head and his distributions looked pretty shaky too... certainly not expecting big things here.

I'd rate Josh Mc more but god knows where he'll end up really.

I'd rate Josh Mc more but god knows where he'll end up really.

I'd be surprised if it was with us. I used to be his biggest fan but when you compare him to others his age or a couple of years older has he progressed enough? I'd see him playing for mid-low prem team now...

I'd be surprised if it was with us. I used to be his biggest fan but when you compare him to others his age or a couple of years older has he progressed enough? I'd see him playing for mid-low prem team now...

English players his age tend to rarely get a chance with the big teams, its a shame as hes a lovely footballer, his best chance with us left with Ancelotti who had faith in him.

English players his age tend to rarely get a chance with the big teams, its a shame as hes a lovely footballer, his best chance with us left with Ancelotti who had faith in him.

Yeah agreed, would hope someone will pick him up after a fairly decent year with Middlesbrough though.

Yeah agreed, would hope someone will pick him up after a fairly decent year with Middlesbrough though.

It all depends on what we do with our CM spot.

Take out Luiz and it reads as such currently,

Lamps
    Essien
    Romeu
    Ramires
    Mikel
    Josh Mc

3 of those are Jose old boys and in truth, apart from Lamps & Ramires, not a lot of quality among them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Would Jose dream of taking a punt on Josh?
    It will be interesting to see who he lines up, the formation etc.

Panthro wrote: »
    Would Jose dream of taking a punt on Josh?
    It will be interesting to see who he lines up, the formation etc.

At the moment I think there's only 6 definite starters in our squad that I posted a few pages back.

Cech

????
    Luiz
    ???
    Cole

????
    ????

Oscar
    Mata
    Hazard

??????

Now its close between Azp and Branna for RB, I'd go for Azp as hes a good player but I reckon Branna is the type of player loves.

Which leaves the other CB slot open, Branna could play but he'll be competing with Cahill & JT with obvious favouritism towards JT.

Anything is possible in CM, hell Luiz could be deployed inside CM for the future allowing another free slot at CB.

CF is anyones guess but our current 3, Lukaku, ba and Torres is good, we still need a guy like RVP who'll bang them in for fun, he doesnt necessary have to do much but score with the attacking talent behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm going to disagree. I think he is a terrific talent, a real shame he picked up his injury when he did because he had the trust and confidence of Rafa. He has the physicality to be a Premier League midfielder, he has a touch of David Luiz's aggressiveness, he's more mobile than Mikel and on the ball he is excellent, touch, passing, technical ability and decision making are all impressive (and will only improve). He understands the holding midfield role, a true holding midfielder, unlike Mikel who too often strikes me as a player converted into a holding midfielder.

Barcelona fans rate him quite highly too, were he still at the club he'd be a worthy number 2 to Busquets but he knew he needed first team football. Personally I hope he gets it next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'm going to disagree. I think he is a terrific talent, a real shame he picked up his injury when he did because he had the trust and confidence of Rafa. He has the physicality to be a Premier League midfielder, he has a touch of David Luiz's aggressiveness, he's more mobile than Mikel and on the ball he is excellent, touch, passing, technical ability and decision making are all impressive (and will only improve). He understands the holding midfield role, a true holding midfielder, unlike Mikel who too often strikes me as a player converted into a holding midfielder.

Barcelona fans rate him quite highly too, were he still at the club he'd be a worthy number 2 to Busquets but he knew he needed first team football. Personally I hope he gets it next season.

I saw last poster was Andersonisgod and I knew you would be defending Romeu, your love of Barcelona clouds your vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I saw last poster was Andersonisgod and I knew you would be defending Romeu, your love of Barcelona clouds your vision.

He's a Chelsea player and apparently Barcelona's buy back clause on him has expired!

But obviously I was always going to be a fan of the La Masia graduate who plays for Chelsea. I honestly think he is a very good player with a huge amount of potential, for me he is the long term option in Chelsea's midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

daily mirror just jumping on the bandwagon with all the gossip this morning

Chelsea make £35million Hulk move after missing out on Radamel Falcao

Jose Mourinho has made a stunning £35million move for Brazil forward Hulk.

But the newly reappointed Chelsea manager is also facing his first major dilemma as Monaco and Galatasaray target his on-field general John Terry.

Chelsea have turned to Zenit St Petersburg striker Hulk as a potential summer signing, having lost out to Monaco on No1 target Radamel Falcao, because they are now facing major competition for Napoli hitman Edinson Cavani.

Ironically, the Blues were very close to buying Hulk last summer but could not agree a deal with his then-club Porto, who were demanding £40m.

Hulk joined Zenit instead but the mega-rich Russians, believed to have paid in excess of £50m for his services, are already looking to sell and cut their losses after the 26-year-old's difficult first season.

Hulk - real name Givanildo Vieira de Souza - was booed by Zenit's fans and fell out with coach Luciano Spalletti, while his sky-high wages caused friction in the dressing room.

However, Mourinho is a big admirer of the versatile Brazilian - who played against England last weekend - who can play on the left of the attack or through the middle.

Chelsea are desperate to strengthen their strike-force, where Fernando Torres could be on his way out, Demba Ba has injury issues and Romelu Lukaku is being linked with another loan spell to gain more experience.

They are still keen on Cavani but face competition from Manchester City for the Uruguayan, and Mourinho wants to strengthen other departments.

Ex-Porto boss Mourinho will, for example, raid the Portuguese heavyweights for £20m-rated central defender Eliaquim Mangala, 22.

Chelsea have already held talks with Porto and France Under-21 international Mangala is aware of their interest, which will only raise alarm bells over Terry.

Terry, 32, only has a year left on his contract, has discussed a new deal and Mourinho hopes to keep him - but the Chelsea captain wants assurances over his place in the Special One's rebuilding plans.

Mourinho has won his first battle, with Chelsea finally handing a new deal to midfielder Frank Lampard, 34, and Terry is the next issue.

Even if the former England captain is offered a 12-month extension to his current deal, he could earn more, tax-free, at Monaco, while he has been offered a three-year contract by Turkish giants Galatasaray.

Terry is pushing for a decision on his future and this will be Mourinho's first big call since his return.

• Advertisement

Hazard nervous of Jose.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/05/chelsea-eden-hazard-jose-mourinho
    They already knew for a long time at Chelsea that he was going to sign and the players all told me that it would be a good thing for me.

Maybe in the first training session I will be a bit intimidated. After all, it's Jose Mourinho.

"Obviously I can improve. I want to score 50 or 60 like (Lionel) Messi or (Cristiano) Ronaldo. I lack that killer instinct. Messi and Ronaldo are born to score, it's in their nature but I still choose the nice dribble or the beautiful pass too often. I have to shoot more."

All good things Hazard is saying, if he can improve his selfishness he could easily reach double figures in goals next season.

nice interview with jose after last night's game

http://bcove.me/zonmoxg5

I wouldnt be surprsied if JT was given an extension, that would give Jose 2 years of JT time, he'd probably only play 25 times a year but his experience and leadership is worth its weight in gold.

Although on the flip side JT may take the Monaco offer, if it's serious, play for 2, 3 years earn possibily double your money tax free and be only 2 and a bit hours away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Flay me for saying it, but we can afford to loose JT, we can't afford to loose Mata

Thats true, JT is replaceablebut Matas contribution to the last 2 seasons have been immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

This does not sound like a player who is thinking of moving

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3201595/title/words-with-juan-mata---part-two?

I really think this is just plain old interference by the Spanish press, the clubs don't actually tap players anyone any more methinks they get friendly press to do it for them. The sooner that stupid confederations cup is over and Mata is back with the family at the Bridge the better.

I think Mata gave an interview to ITV prior to the EL Final and said he wants to win the EPL with Chelsea and win the UCL again, as the interviewer asked was he happy with what hes won so far in his short career.

It was a good answeer by Mata and hopefully he can acheive it all with us.

Here it is, the interview prior to the 2nd leg of the Semi Final at the Bridge.

So Barca don't want Sideshow because he is too slow yea right.

http://www.barcelonafcblog.com/2013/06/06/why-barca-wont-be-signing-marquinhos-david-luiz-or-thiago-silva/?

More likely, even if he were for sale which I doubt at the moment, they don't have the money I think. Great to see them rummaging around the bargain basement for defenders because they done all their cash on a gamble with Naymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah, i think Mata will turn out as good, if not a better, buy as Frank (I know, super controversial today)

Luiz is quicker then anything they have at CB at the moment and Thiago Silva, slow?

Thats one thing hes not anyway, the guy is a very good athlete.

So the white kit was real

New away kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting campaign...is it supposed to be that the players are so blue the jersey doesn't have to be?

I like it anyway.

Chelsea-Away-201314.jpg

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Interesting campaign...is it supposed to be that the players are so blue the jersey doesn't have to be?

Ya, its confusing to say the least and pointless.
    its not white, its blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

~Rebel~ wrote: »

I think that's the idea. I like the kit, not the campaign - a bit too 'derelicte' for my taste.

Twitter rumours doing the rounds of Torres off to Everton, could see Fellaini moving the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not a hope of Torres going to Everton. They couldn't afford his wages anyway. He'll be off to Spain if he leaves I'd say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Johner wrote: »
    Not a hope of Torres going to Everton. They couldn't afford his wages anyway. He'll be off to Spain if he leaves I'd say.

If they sell Fellaini to Chelsea, that's alot of wages off the book. Fellaini is a great match for Chelsea and Everton need to sign someone of Torres' calibre to make a statement.

Torres playing ahead of Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas and Darren Gibson is frightening.

Its one to watch.

Would ye swap him for Fellaini whos Everton highest earner at the moment and would free up some cash for Torres but he'd have to take a huge hit on wages.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If they sell Fellaini to Chelsea, that's alot of wages off the book. Fellaini is a great match for Chelsea and Everton need to sign someone of Torres' calibre to make a statement.

Torres playing ahead of Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas and Darren Gibson is frightening.

Torres playing ahead of Mata, Oscar and Hazard should have been frightening. :p I don't think Torres would go to Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Johner wrote: »
    There's £20 million of TV money to be spent next season - when you consider that West Ham are looking at spending over £20 million for Carroll with no new money coming in, it's possible for Everton to make this kind of marquee signing.

There's £20 million of TV money to be spent next season - when you consider that West Ham are looking at spending over £20 million for Carroll with no new money coming in, it's possible for Everton to make this kind of marquee signing.

Maybe, but personally I don't think Torres will want to go to Everton.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

FutureGuy wrote: »
    ... for who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

... for who?

Ball boys.

... for who?

Is Goodison Park on the flight path of Liverpool Airport (or Liverpool John Lennon Airport to be exact I guess)? Might be flight restrictions during home Everton matches then :(

But seriously could not see that happening would be in favour still of giving our current three a run with TSO in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

If Torres thought he was getting a hard time off Chelsea fans or if Chelsea fans weren't fully supportive of him... Everton fans will rip him limb from limb, especially if he doesn't carries on the same with Everton as Chelsea. And there's no reason to think he wouldn't.

from teamtalk.com, a very strange arrangement

Chelsea will be consulted over the appointment of Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem's new manager due to the affiliation between the two clubs.

The relationship stems from Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's friendship with his Vitesse counterpart Merab Jordania, and it has seen the likes of Gael Kakuta and Patrick Van Aanholt being farmed out to Holland to gain experience in recent years.

Following manager Fred Rutten's exit, one of Abramovich's advisors, Piet de Visser, revealed that Chelsea will be giving guidance as the Eredivisie side look for a new boss.

"Chelsea have asked me for advice and soon I will meet chairman Merab Jordania," he told Dutch football magazine Voetbal International.

"Currently meetings are going on between Vitesse and Chelsea, just like when Fred Rutten was appointed. During that period I have told Chelsea Rutten could make players better and that's what he did.

"Chelsea didn't want Rutten to leave, however Fred had his difficulties with the organization unfortunately. Now we are looking further.

"They have asked me for advice and I have given two names. Names of Dutch coaches, men who have proved they can make youth players better."

Dutch media had suggested that Heracles Almelo manager Peter Posz was set to take the job, but de Visser says he can't reveal anything just yet.

"No, at that stage I can't give any names. I expect that the club will follow my advice," he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/319045/

looks like a man who wants to leave alright.

• Advertisement

daily mail reporting we have bid 35 mill for hulk and opened talks with cavani

If we were to get Hulk that would limit Oscars game on the right flank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Cavani,Hulk,Schurrle :pac:

Hope he gets around to sorting out the defence and midfield too!

If we were to get Hulk that would limit Oscars game on the right flank.

That may not be a bad thing think he is far more effective in the middle, he can get a little isolated out wide. But for what looks like a very slight chap he is difficult to knock off the ball and is not afraid of a tackle.

Has lovely vision, can pick and deliver a pass and a great shot the guy has everything he needs to be a world superstar.

Oscar, Mata & Hazard will make Messi & Neymar look like plodders :P

Oscar is a very good player, great talent but he wont play in the middle as long as we have Mata and I cant see him being dropped into CM.

Modric didnt start too many games for Madrid inside CM so thats solely what I'm basing that on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement