Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I can see him in that position think he will be really comfortable there.

At the moment outside of Petr, Mata & Hazard I don't know which Chelsea players will form the backbone of my fantasy team next season, those guys will play a lot of games could be a lot of rotation outside of them as things stand (and those guys will be mad expensive so wont have all 3).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hazard should be cheaper then Mata, not by much, so the value could be with him.

Yea but you just have to love Mata :D

There will be 4 players to own in the first few weeks, RVP, Bale, Mata and Surez if he stays.

I'm not liking this talk of Jose wanting Matic at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we were to get Hulk that would limit Oscars game on the right flank.

well when jose joined last time he said he wanted 2 people for every position fighting for each place, maybe he has the same idea this time

peteeeed wrote: »
    well when jose joined last time he said he wanted 2 people for every position fighting for each place, maybe he has the same idea this time

If thats the case so it should be

Cech/Courtois

Wallace/Azp
    JT/Cahill
    Luiz/Ivanovic
    Cole/Bertie

Romeu/Mikel/Essien
    Lamps/Ramires/Josh Mc

Schurrle/Moses
    Mata/Oscar
    Hazard/Marin

Lukaku/Torres/Ba

Thats a squad of 25 right there.

There will be 4 players to own in the first few weeks, RVP, Bale, Mata and Surez if he stays.

I'm not liking this talk of Jose wanting Matic at the club.

When picking team don't forget Suarez bite ban.

Cech/Courtois

Wallace/Azp
    JT/Cahill
    Luiz/Ivanovic
    Cole/Bertie

Romeu/Mikel/Essien
    Lamps/Ramires/Josh Mc

Schurrle/Moses
    Mata/Oscar
    Hazard/Marin

Lukaku/Torres/Ba

Would say Marin might be on his way either loan or sale (hope only loan see if he can discover form after injury). Could also throw KdB into the mix.

That defence looks very weak to me, not sure about either Cahill or JT at this stage. Wallace unproven and Bertie has a bit to go fine as an understudy against the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Liverpool but if Ash gets injured not sure against big sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis claims he expects to hold talks with Chelsea about a possible deal for Edinson Cavani.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8762514/Transfer-news-Napoli-claim-Chelsea-are-planning-talks-about-Edinson-Cavani

When picking team don't forget Suarez bite ban.

Id say people will go with Benteke or Lukaku depending on where either end up.
    Would say Marin might be on his way either loan or sale (hope only loan see if he can discover form after injury). Could also throw KdB into the mix.

That defence looks very weak to me, not sure about either Cahill or JT at this stage. Wallace unproven and Bertie has a bit to go fine as an understudy against the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Liverpool but if Ash gets injured not sure against big sides.

The defence is weak, we need a CB more then anything else in the summer.

Although the Napoli president has come out saying he'll hold talks with us over a deal for Cavani.

• Advertisement

Cech/Courtois

Wallace/Azp
    JT/Cahill
    Luiz/Ivanovic
    Cole/Bertie

Romeu/Mikel/Essien
    Lamps/Ramires/Josh Mc

Schurrle/Moses
    Mata/Oscar
    Hazard/Marin

Lukaku/Torres/Ba

don't forget players under 21 who came through the youth team do not have to be part of the 25 , so josh/aki etc dont have to be in the squad

Johner wrote: »
    Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis claims he expects to hold talks with Chelsea about a possible deal for Edinson Cavani.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8762514/Transfer-news-Napoli-claim-Chelsea-are-planning-talks-about-Edinson-Cavani

sleeper agent rafa activated

Cavani as the main striker, Lukaku getting good game time as second striker and Ba as backup. Torres sold as part of the Cavani transfer. That would do me!

peteeeed wrote: »
    sleeper agent rafa activated

Send Hamsik for CM as well and we'll be sorted for sometime.

The prospect of Cavani and Hulk is crazy.

If the Schurrle deal goes through I can only see us signing one of Cavani or Hulk but not both.

Hulk when asked about the speculation of Chelsea's bid, he is quoted as saying by Globo Esporte(brazil): "If I said there was not anything in it, I would be lying

Send Hamsik for CM as well and we'll be sorted for sometime.

The prospect of Cavani and Hulk is crazy.

If the Schurrle deal goes through I can only see us signing one of Cavani or Hulk but not both.

Absolutely after that the defence will be in dire need and would say CB the biggest worry as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Was thinking that Schwarzher might be a good shout as back up goalie and would do for a couple of years before Courtois comes in ?

Techless wrote: »
    Was thinking that Schwarzher might be a good shout as back up goalie and would do for a couple of years before Courtois comes in ?

Well IMO we only need a guy for one season, courtois is more then ready right now, Schwarzher is what, 40?

At most thats all we'd need him for, one season, just as back up incase Cech gets ruled out.

Well IMO we only need a guy for one season, courtois is more then ready right now, Schwarzher is what, 40?

At most thats all we'd need him for, one season, just as back up incase Cech gets ruled out.

Would agree but think that Cech has at least 2 more years as no.1.

IMO Schwarher is an ideal back up, at this stage in his career, unless he wants to head back to Aussie, he doesn't have to leave where he's based in London and has a chance to win some silverware and earn a nice little pay day before he hangs up his gloves.

A big improvement on what we have as well.

• Advertisement

Thing is though we're nearly half way through Courtois contract with us and at the moment Atletico are his club.

We cant keep sending him out on loan IMO.

If we sell him to Atletico it will only be a matter of time before hes sold on again to a top European side.

Thing is though we're nearly half way through Courtois contract with us and at the moment Atletico are his club.

If we sell him to Atletico it will only be a matter of time before hes sold on again to a top European side.

There was talk earlier on in the season to the effect if Courtois was to go on loan again Chelsea would want an extended contract signed first. If this is the case fine if not Jose has a big decision to make as one I guess will have to go.

Silly season if full swing now

http://www.givemesport.com/350863-real-madrid-plot-25m-chelsea-midfielder-bid?

You have to laugh €25m bid for Mata I doubt Chelsea would look at even double that but may be tempted at triple. Still don't think they would sell though. It would be a little unusual to start a squad overhaul by selling your best player as well I would have though when you have no real need to.

All this Mata transfer talk could be down to the fact he hasnt signed an extension yet.

Still though, the figures being thrown around are way off what we'd want for him.

If they wanna swap CR7 for Mata then I'd consider it otherwise, not a chance.

True, but IMO Cech has still a lot to offer and would imagine the return of TSO will even improve his position.

Wouldn't like to loose Courtois though.

All this Mata transfer talk could be down to the fact he hasnt signed an extension yet.

Still though, the figures being thrown around are way off what we'd want for him.

If they wanna swap CR7 for Mata then I'd consider it otherwise, not a chance.

The twitter on twitter is that discussions for a new contract are due to take place after the confederations cup and both parties are amenable. The only reason to swap him with CR7 would be to upset ManU fans otherwise no stick with Mata.

Jesus who sucked the jam out of this guys doughnut?

http://bettinglatest.com/odds-are-that-chelseas-david-luiz-will-end-up-in-barcelona-this-summer/21427?

Would put a few Euro on him not being a Chelsea fan.

• Advertisement

Cant open it in work......give us the run down of it please? :pac:

Cant open it in work......give us the run down of it please? :pac:

Was actually surprised it opened for me as well to be honest

Odds are that Chelsea’s David Luiz will end up in Barcelona this summer
    With Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich having tossed the handbook to sexy football out of the window and recalled ‘The Departed One’ Jose Mourinho back to the club for a second innings, there is total clarity in the minds of most fans that it is Chelsea and not England who are going to return to the dark ages by placing the least attractive football on the planet, and once again showing the world how to win ugly.

One player who looks certain to not fit into Mourinho’s winning ugly mould is versatile center David Luiz, who over the second half of last season showed he had the skill to drive Chelsea forward and slice open defences. Sadly such football isn’t Mourinho’s staple diet, where defenders are meant to block the ball and not showcase their skills in the top half of the pitch. Arguably better suited to playing at Barcelona, Luiz appears to be on his way to the Catalan giants, for sure if the bookies are to be believed with Bet Victor offering 4/6 odds on this happening, while no other club has a better shot than 16/1 of signing him.

Was actually surprised it opened for me as well to be honest

Odds are that Chelsea’s David Luiz will end up in Barcelona this summer
    With Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich having tossed the handbook to sexy football out of the window and recalled ‘The Departed One’ Jose Mourinho back to the club for a second innings, there is total clarity in the minds of most fans that it is Chelsea and not England who are going to return to the dark ages by placing the least attractive football on the planet, and once again showing the world how to win ugly.

One player who looks certain to not fit into Mourinho’s winning ugly mould is versatile center David Luiz, who over the second half of last season showed he had the skill to drive Chelsea forward and slice open defences. Sadly such football isn’t Mourinho’s staple diet, where defenders are meant to block the ball and not showcase their skills in the top half of the pitch. Arguably better suited to playing at Barcelona, Luiz appears to be on his way to the Catalan giants, for sure if the bookies are to be believed with Bet Victor offering 4/6 odds on this happening, while no other club has a better shot than 16/1 of signing him.

That has to be the one of the most stupid pieces I've seen ha.

Did a kid submit it? Has that person ever seen Real play? Did they not win the league 2 years ago with the record goals scored?

It give me a LOL today in work anyway.

:)

Cavani stat.
    Uruguayan Cavani was top scorer in Serie A last term, netting 29 goals in 34 appearances as they challenged for the title and finished second behind Juventus.

He is also Napoli's third highest goalscorer with 104 goals in three seasons, 11 behind Diego Maradona, who scored 115 in seven seasons.

Cavani watch:

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2013/6/7/4405724/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-2013-edinson-cavani?

Hulk watch:

http://footylatest.com/chelsea-set-to-spend-up-to-110-million-on-as-many-as-three-strikers/44474?

Would say we are going fro one or the other as the big summer signing, if as one report suggests we left the rejected bid on the table.

• Advertisement

I'd rather Cavani then Hulk or Schurrle.

Although Cavani would cost what both Hulk and Schurrle combined would.

I'd rather Cavani then Hulk or Schurrle.

Although Cavani would cost what both Hulk and Schurrle combined would.

For sure Cavani & KdB = Hulk & Schurrle

Cavani signed yet?

Napoli president said he'd hear from Chelsea in a few hours.

Hurry the f**k up Roman.

:pac:

Barton posted up a pic, hes passed his B License in the pic with him.........Mendeita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

For sure Cavani & KdB = Hulk & Schurrle

this, a million times this!

Cavani would make a huge impact on our squad and put us right in the title race!

KDB for the position he plays in is badly needed at our club, much more than Schurrle or Hulk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Latest turn of the gossip mill has Monaco considering a £7m bid for JT. If I were JT, I'd take it - a few years tax-free moolah to finish off with. If I were Chelsea, I'd be inclined to say "Thank you for your service" and call him a cab.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/06/monaco-ready-to-offer-chelseas-john-terry-big-money-transfer-3831139/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

KDB on the score sheet already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gonzo is gone all capital G on us!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Also loving the fact that the "4th Best Team In The World" (Croatia; my arse) are currently 0-1 down at home... to Scotland...

EDIT: Well done Scotland! Ends 0-1 to the Scots.

Assist for De Bruyne. I'll be absolutely sickened if we sell him without giving him a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Johner wrote: »
    Assist for De Bruyne. I'll be absolutely sickened if we sell him without giving him a chance.

Big time. So much of Chelsea's young talent (read: Lukaku, Piazon, DeBruyne, McEachran, etc.) deserve a chance next season. Will they? Unlikely, as Chelsea is not a club that is famous for nurturing and bringing through brilliant new, young talent. Sadly.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Big time. So much of Chelsea's young talent (read: Lukaku, Piazon, DeBruyne, McEachran, etc.) deserve a chance next season. Will they? Unlikely, as Chelsea is not a club that is famous for nurturing and bringing through brilliant new, young talent. Sadly.

Unless Daz the snippets you hear about creating a dynasty are true. If RA & TSO have really got their heads together and decided we have some fantastic young talent there is a 4 year contract in place lets start from the ground then there is some chance. It's not like these are average players they are much better than that.

Sadly think your right but good to dream sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If the big names that have been thrown about do get signed, the likes of Moses, Lukaku, Piazon, etc may as well ask for the P45.
    I'd be sickened if it came to that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Panthro wrote: »
    If the big names that have been thrown about do get signed, the likes of Moses, Lukaku, Piazon, etc may as well ask for the P45.
    I'd be sickened if it came to that tbh.

I don't think so to be honest all of the above are young and hungry with lots if talent, in fact I think that chelsea's youth policy is starting to pay dividends even if Moses and Lukaku didn't exactly come through the accedamy. the last batch which all seemed to go to Hamburg were simply not good enough for us including kakuta which after all the hype was disappointing, I think that the only one of note to slip through our fingers that really seems to be doing well is matic but I have high hopes for our current crop. However good the academy players are we will always be buying some superstars to add that little bit of magic.

I'd take Cavani and a CB then we're sorted.

Then the younger players can try get a game.

To be fair, in Lukaku, Courtois and De Bruyne we have 3 guys that would start with nearly 90% of the teams in the EPL so its not like their not good enough or untested.

If Jose has balls he'll at least keep De Bruyne, is Schurrle worth 20 Million and possibily losing De Bruyne for?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

seen on SSN we've released Turnbull, who is going to be the new number 2 to cech? Blackman definitely isn't good enough yet!
    And we better not let KDB go, another good player I thought we should if kept but sold was stoch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer
    According to Le Parisién, Edinson Cavani has agreed to join Chelsea on a 5 year deal after the €63m release clause was activated

Time will tell I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer
    According to Le Parisién, Edinson Cavani has agreed to join Chelsea on a 5 year deal after the €63m release clause was activated

Time will tell I suppose!
    Doubt it to be honest, transfers of that magnitude take a little longer than 24h.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement