Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone hear the chatter from a few sources that Cavani to Chelsea is nearly a done deal?

What are the sources. Had a quick Google there couldn't find anything newer then 8 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kess73 wrote: »
    How much of a backlog is there on the season ticket list at Chelsea? I know a lot of any ground expansion would go towards exec boxes and the like,but generally a club will have a pretty hefty waiting list if it tries to expand it's ground's capacity by 25% or more.

I know the Liverpool backlog is substantial and when the list was cleaned up recently there were still people forty thousand places and more back the list.

Do Chelsea also have a big waiting list? I know being in London is a big advantage compared to some Northern clubs, but then again there is probably more competition in London in terms of getting bums on seats especially corporate bums.

Top off my head answer, its very hard to get a ST in the shed end and Matthew Harding Lower.

Currently we've about 25k ST holders in a stadium just under 42k. The majority of the ST are for the shed and a decent % in the Matthew Harding stand upper and lower, the rest is spread around the ground with a decent % in the East stand where the families are sent and the West stand, VIP boxes and the stand the TV cameras face, is usually full of suits and tourists, usually, not always though.

Theres no waiting list I'm aware of at the moment but if we were to add another 14k to bring the attendance upto 55k and ST prices were to drop for the cheaper parts of the ground I'd guess we'd maybe draw another 2.5-3k ST bringing it to about 28k ST inside a 55k stadium meaning we'd need to fill the stadium with nearly 50% of non ST hodlers, although myself and a few others here have general membership, and I''m not sure what the figures are for that it would mean that we'd get tickets easier for games and 1st preference over a guy just strolling through London looking for a team to watch.

The way I see it you've 3 top drawer EPL sides to see in London, ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs.

Arsenal offer the best ground, Spurs offer a good atmosphere and I think we offer the easiet ground to get too so that might sway anyones decision that way.

I'd never propose anything bigger then 55K, as you said London has so many teams viaing for fans that its very hard to get a good share of people through the turnstiles to keep your stadium near capacity.

What I'd hope to happen is VIP, exec, corporate boxes to be at least double what you'd get currently at The Bridge, theyre going for around 80-90k for 16 seats a year iirc.

It really depends on the ticketing strategy if a new stadium or redeveloped SB was announced, if they kept the cheapest ST's available and made more of them available theyed get an increase there straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Is this Nando having a kick about on his holliers :eek:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/359289/sports/striker-hits-post-four-times.html/#more-359289

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

For the last few years there has been no waiting list for season tickets. They were offered to members with points.

Johner wrote: »
    For the last few years there has been no waiting list for season tickets. They were offered to members with points.

This year it was memebers with 80 points or higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Catalan paper Sport are reporting that Barcelona are to make a £17million bid for Torres

peteeeed wrote: »
    Catalan paper Sport are reporting that Barcelona are to make a £17million bid for Torres

Indeed but dont see him taking a pay cut or accepting to be second fiddle from the off but you never know

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/barcelona-will-pay-chelsea-20m-for-top-signing-and-are-confident-

Im surprised they didnt run with Mata or Luiz.

TBH if it was true, and it wont be, I'd take the 17Million pounds if it was offered, also get shot of Ba and bring in Cavani/Lewandoski.

If Utd get Lewandoski I'd really not want Rooney, currently if he joined hed be our best CF IMO, but I think we need a poacher in the box a guy to finish chances the others create, a guy who will shot on sight.

Ba had one of the worst conversation to shot % in the league last year, think it was 8/9 % reported by Opta and Torres doesnt take enough shots, often passing or taking an extra touch.

If we get rid of Torres thats 175k off the wage bill and 17 million to go towards Cavani, wishful thinking.

I'd just hate for us to miss out on one of Europes best strikes as Falcao is gone to Monaco, so it elaves the other 2 hottest properties, Lewandoski and Cavani both up for the highest bidder.

Worse case scenario, Cavani goes to City and Lewandoski goes to Utd, best case scenario, Lewnadoski goes to Bayern/Real and we get Cavani.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Im surprised they didnt run with Mata or Luiz.

TBH if it was true, and it wont be, I'd take the 17Million pounds if it was offered, also get shot of Ba and bring in Cavani/Lewandoski.

If Utd get Lewandoski I'd really not want Rooney, currently if he joined hed be our best CF IMO, but I think we need a poacher in the box a guy to finish chances the others create, a guy who will shot on sight.

Ba had one of the worst conversation to shot % in the league last year, think it was 8/9 % reported by Opta and Torres doesnt take enough shots, often passing or taking an extra touch.

If we get rid of Torres thats 175k off the wage bill and 17 million to go towards Cavani, wishful thinking.

I'd just hate for us to miss out on one of Europes best strikes as Falcao is gone to Monaco, so it elaves the other 2 hottest properties, Lewandoski and Cavani both up for the highest bidder.

Worse case scenario, Cavani goes to City and Lewandoski goes to Utd, best case scenario, Lewnadoski goes to Bayern/Real and we get Cavani.

i think rooney for the right price is not a bad bet as he's best position is as a striker , man u played him in midfield so i think he has looked off his game lately . he would be a good alternative for lukaku/torres/Ba

• Advertisement

i think rooney for the right price is not a bad bet as he's best position is as a striker , man u played him in midfield so i think he has looked off his game lately . he would be a good alternative for lukaku/torres/Ba

His wages are sky high though at Utd, in fact higher then anything we pay anyone at the club.

Cavani may command a higher transfer fee but his wages would offset the transfer fee, plus I really wanna see Cavani in a Chelsea shirt, theres more chance of Cavani going to City then Rooney, if we get Cavani City will miss out on him and Rooney where as we could be stuck with Rooney while City get Cavani and Utd have the best CF line up in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I seem to remember that Rooney's last contract settlement was for quarter of a million pound per week. I wouldn't be a fan of paying that kind of money to a player on a seemingly inevitable beer-fags-and-pies decline.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I seem to remember that Rooney's last contract settlement was for quarter of a million pound per week. I wouldn't be a fan of paying that kind of money to a player on a seemingly inevitable beer-fags-and-pies decline.

Its huge money, its basically a combined wage of Malouda and Torres, give or take a few K's.

I think Rooney is a great player but if we were to end up with him and both Manchester clubs shared Cavani and Lewandoski I'd feel very hard done by seeing us fund Utds transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Would be pretty disappointed to see us splash out on Rooney.. looks a shadow of the player he was.. a bit like Torres, he doesnt seem to have the same drive and determination of old! Although I guess, no better man than Jose to motivate a player :)

On Lewandowski, im not 100% convinced by him.. I dont think he is the quality of RVP or Suarez, if it wasnt for his 4 goals againt Madrid, we wouldnt be talking about him now IMO..

Cavani is the one that is nailed on top class and would for me be the safest option.

Real pity about Falcao joining Monaco too, he would have been the perfect option!

I would have rathered Cavani over any other striker actually so if he goes to City I'll be very disappointed, if he ends up at Real then so be it at least hes not in the EPL.

Hmm dunno Gav, think Falcao wuda been the man!

I dont expect us to sign any big name striker though TBH..

On another note.. is it possible for Ba to leave Chelsea in this transfer window? I recall hearing some sort of rule before that you cant play for 3 clubs in the space of a year?

Is it not more then three clubs? as in he'd be grand to join another club but not another.
    Open to correction.

Well fair due to Falcao for looking for the big bobs but TBH with Atletico in the UCL he was probably better off staying there but cant knock a guy for moving for the big money.

Is it not more then three clubs? as in he'd be grand to join another club but not another.
    Open to correction.

Well fair due to Falcao for looking for the big bobs but TBH with Atletico in the UCL he was probably better off staying there but cant knock a guy for moving for the big money.

Yeah maybe it is, im not sure, just remember hearing something like that before around the time Tevez joined United I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You can't play for more than 3 clubs in a season. Calendar years don't come into play.

• Advertisement

Piazon wants a loan move to another EPL team if he cant get game time with us.

Piazon wants a loan move to another EPL team if he cant get game time with us.

Dont mind where he goes on loan, as long as he actually is a first choice player for them! Frustrating seeing young lads go out on loan and play even less than they would have at their original club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

At least he seems to have the drive and patients to get his first team spot with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I presume Ba will be staying on? If so (this bit pains me a little) then yes, loan out Piazon for a season to an EPL team and see how he fairs out.
    Mind you, it better be to a half decent side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

West Brom would be perfect. They'll be losing Odemwingie and look at what its done for Lukaku

West Brom would be perfect. They'll be losing Odemwingie and look at what its done for Lukaku

West Brom or Swansea.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Was about to say West Brom or Swansea for Piazon. He'd slot right in, would get first team experience in the Prem and they play good, passing football that would probably suit him.

Ha, cant see Barca coming in for Loftus-Cheek, maybe Torres but I'd nearly say thats a load of balls too but no way the'll be in for LC.

Next season is abig one for some of the youngsters in the team, Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Christensen, Piazon, they could all do with loans to get more experience.

Fixture list out next week, who do you want to play first?

Nice and handy newly promoted club at the Bridge is what I want, that or Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

• Advertisement

Nemanja Matic in the guardian today taking about a return to chelsea

"Of course, someone like José Mourinho wanting me to go back to London would be an opportunity to prove that I can play in the Premier League, but I want to achieve more at Benfica, particularly in the big games."

Nice and handy newly promoted club at the Bridge is what I want, that or Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

anybody as long as its a home game

anybody as long as its a home game

I just hope Jose can bring his home record to us in the league and make Stamford Bridge a fortree again.

I just hope Jose can bring his home record to us in the league and make Stamford Bridge a fortree again.

i'm just really looking forward to the atmosphere for the home games, should be rocking compared to last season

Lets have a re-run of TSO / THO first game ManU at home.

Lets have a re-run of TSO / THO first game ManU at home.

I'd take anyone at home really.

Given our impressive enough displays against Utd in the last few games they wouldnt scare me.

sky sports news germany reporting that schurlle deal will be done by the weekend

Handy, although I reckon there will be no CF coming in now. :(

Handy, although I reckon there will be no CF coming in now. :(
    not necessarily , this is competition for oscar, mata, hazard. last year it was moses and marin

• Advertisement

not necessarily , this is competition for oscar, mata, hazard. last year it was moses and marin

Pardon the pun, surely we need a CF right now more then a guy who'll be fighting with those 3 for a starting place?

Before we say Lukaku, I'd still want a superstar CF, we've 3 decent options at the moment but in RVP/Rooney and Aguero we are acking behind our 2 main rivals.

Pardon the pun, surely we need a CF right now more then a guy who'll be fighting with those 3 for a starting place?

Before we say Lukaku, I'd still want a superstar CF, we've 3 decent options at the moment but in RVP/Rooney and Aguero we are acking behind our 2 main rivals.

i think we will sign another striker , i think this might mean the hulk interest might be over but cavani according to reports is very much on

fee is being reported as £18 million
    i think we will sign another striker , i think this might mean the hulk interest might be over but cavani according to reports is very much on

No mention of KDB going the other way so far which is promising.

I still think we need either Cavani or Lewnadoski to be a true force.

We can then start to trim the squad and hopefully bring in another CB.

From what we have so far I'd like to say

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Oscar Ramires
    Schurrle Mata Hazard
    Lukaku

The CM and back line isnt the best but the attacking potential is crazy.

With people like Ivan, Lamps, Romeu, Moses, Torres, Ba on the bench could turn out to be an excelent season.

I doubt very much Hulk was a target.

Moses might well head off to toffeeland and Marin maybe on loan back to Germany Schurrle, Mata, Hazard, Oscar & KdB non too shabby that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm happy with this. He's a different kind of player to Oscar, Mata and Hazard. He can play but he is very direct and has a great long range shot. I'm delighted we've added to our options in that area because Marin really did not work out and I was tired of seeing Benayoun's attempts at playing football, I'm even happier that De Bruyne isn't part of the deal.

No mention of KDB going the other way so far which is promising.

I still think we need either Cavani or Lewnadoski to be a true force.

We can then start to trim the squad and hopefully bring in another CB.

From what we have so far I'd like to say

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Oscar Ramires
    Schurrle Mata Hazard
    Lukaku

The CM and back line isnt the best but the attacking potential is crazy.

With people like Ivan, Lamps, Romeu, Moses, Torres, Ba on the bench could turn out to be an excelent season.
    teamtalk.com is reporting that jose blocked KDB's loan move which is a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Great news obviously to have signed Schurrle,I've heard he's a very good player but do we really need him?I think it's an area where we least need more players.

Where is he going to slot in if he does start and has anyone seen him play regularly?

Another thing,does Mourinho really want him,this has been lined up for quite a while,don't thing Mourinho would of wanted to be causing friction straight away so may have just agreed with this transfer?I'm probably totally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

You guys look to have just officially bid 50million for Cavani

via Twitter

• Advertisement

Which Twitter source Leiva??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement