Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Palmeri.

pretty good for all Italian news:
    1. Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 50m
      Chelsea have placed a 50m € bid for Cavani

Expand

2. GetAttachment_normal.jpgTancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 53m
      Everybody steady. Update Chelsea-Cavani...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya I've been following im for the last few weeks actually.

His story about the Nigerian team and not going to the Confeds cup is brilliant if true.

50 Million Euro is a big investment if it does go through, might even rise further.

curtains for Torres do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Leiva wrote: »

Hope not,I'd be sad to see him go and I think there's quotes saying he's looking forward to working with Mourinho.

Hopefully curtains for Ba if anything!

Could be, hes a very high earner and to offset some of the wages I imagine theyll want to balance the books somewhere and they could tsrat with Torres.

I'd rather Ba go but Torres ould fetch more in transfer money and clear nearly double the wages of the double.

Hope he doesnt go, Id tather carry on with Torres Lukkau Cavani then with Ba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya I've been following im for the last few weeks actually.

His story about the Nigerian team and not going to the Confeds cup is brilliant if true.

50 Million Euro is a big investment if it does go through, might even rise further.

Is Cavani really that good? Didn't watch Napoli at all last season.

Irish94 wrote: »

cracking player.

I asked Santa 18months ago for him but he let me down :pac:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75944101&postcount=3220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Irish94 wrote: »

Very streaky, can regularly go plenty of games without scoring and can look bloody terrible when things aren't going his way but when he hits his purple patch he's unstoppable and bags plenty of hat tricks. Don't think he'd fair too well if being rotated, type that needs to be played week in week out even if that means sticking with him during his off days.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Very streaky, can regularly go plenty of games without scoring and can look bloody terrible when things aren't going his way but when he hits his purple patch he's unstoppable and bags plenty of hat tricks. Don't think he'd fair too well if being rotated, type that needs to be played week in week out even if that means sticking with him during his off days.

With the supply he will get from players around him at Chelsea then I can see him getting a bag of goals.

He has missed that a bit at Napoil since Lavezzi went.

With the supply he will get from players around him at Chelsea then I can see him getting a bag of goals.

He has missed that a bit at Napoil since Lavezzi went.

Yeah agree the supply line can't get much better than playing ahead of Hazard, Mata, Oscar but he's always scored in clumps even when Lavezzi was there. This has been his best season in terms of consistency so he could be maturing a bit but still I've never witnessed a player who can reach his heights when on song but can look equally as bad when not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea aren't used to forwards who have dry spells in front of goal..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Rekop dog wrote: »

so just like torres *sigh*

duploelabs wrote: »
    so just like torres *sigh*

He's scored over 30 goals in each of the last 3 seasons so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So PSG want Luiz now. This is more probable than Barca as they have money still in TSO / THO we trust

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/david-luiz-s-agent-held-psg-meeting-and-told-them-his-client-want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just got told to "Kill myself" for daring to suggest that Eden Hazard is better than Gareth Bale... I don't know whether to be delighted, upset or sympathetic to the keyboard ninja.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

DazMarz wrote: »
    Just got told to "Kill myself" for daring to suggest that Eden Hazard is better than Gareth Bale... I don't know whether to be delighted, upset or sympathetic to the keyboard ninja.

On here? :pac:

I'd rather not lose Luiz as any money we spend on him would probably be used to replace him with no real value, unless we blow the wedge we get for him on Hummels.

The ideal situation is to tell PSG do one and sign Hummels anyway but I'd happily keep Luiz and bring in another decent CB, doesnt have to be Hummels.

Yea could believe that Gav we don't really seem to be paying over the odds for players anymore

Yea could believe that Gav we don't really seem to be paying over the odds for players anymore

Although seen on Twitter, that the Express have claimed we upped our bid from 42.5 million Pounds to 45 Million pounds.

Works out just shy of 53 million euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Must be a very slow day for the daily fail that lady been among the most powerful people at the bridge for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Oh my god to be that physio!

so you rebel against your parents and go to chelsea

Whoever offers him and his agent the most money will get him.

It could very well be City with Tevez looking likely to be off loaded to Milan and dropping huge wages off the bill.

schurlle is quoted in Bild today about jose meeting him at the michael ballack testimonial

"He was my coach that evening," Schurrle said. "He shook my hand and said: 'It is done - you are my player.' That was an incredible feeling. He has a special personality and is cool."

Now just shake a CF and CB's hand and were sorted. :pac:

• Advertisement

Now Nando is off to A Madrid

http://www.givemesport.com/352461-atletico-madrid-eye-torres-return?

Do they have the money as apparently they did not get the majority of the money for Falcao, some holding company did.

Now Nando is off to A Madrid

http://www.givemesport.com/352461-atletico-madrid-eye-torres-return?

Do they have the money as apparently they did not get the majority of the money for Falcao, some holding company did.

They had a stake in him, many believe it to be about 50% with the rest going to PR companies and investors.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Reports in Turkey that Mikel has agreed to join Galatasary.

Reports in Turkey that Mikel has agreed to join Galatasary.

You had mike down before ya edited it ya swine :pac:

Was coming into ask who Mike was. :o

Yea he had me for a second there as well thinking "who is Mike" then it dawned on me h aha

Anyhow's here's hoping this is true (or at least the bit about him not coming to Chelsea).

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/14/chelsea-set-to-miss-out-on-hulk-transfer-for-second-time-as-monaco-eye-move-3841402/?

• Advertisement

I wouldnt mind seeing Mikel go, if it meant Oscar, Ramires, Lamps, Josh, Romeu, Essien, were to play CM then so be it.

Hes probably more disciplined then most of them but his footballing ability lets a lot to be desired.

Latest rumours......Matic, who we gave to Benfica as part of the Luiz deal is to re-join us for...........40 million euro. :eek:

Really hope its a load of bo**cks.

Torres on Jose.
    "He will explain to me what he thinks and I will tell him what I feel," Torres told AS. "I want to stay, to honour the contract I signed, keep doing things right and I want to be the number one in my position again.

"Moreover, I think there is no better place than Chelsea to do that, especially with the arrival of Mourinho. I just think that every striker that has played with him has enjoyed success."

Torres joined Chelsea in a deal worth £50 million in January 2011, but has struggled for consistency since; scoring once in his first six months at the club and just 34 goals in total.

The striker, though, feels the arrival of Mourinho for a second spell at Stamford Bridge could bring the best out of him following a six-trophy haul during his first stint at the club.

Torres added: "Mourinho has won more than most of us. Now it's a new challenge for me and I'm looking forward to facing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Torres on Jose.

So Malouda then...

CSF wrote: »
    So Malouda then...

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mata shooting down the rumours about his departure quite nicely in The Guardian
    "Nobody at Chelsea has told me that Mourinho wants me out," he said in quotes carried by Spanish sports publication Marca. "When I finished the season I was told that they were very happy with my performances and with the two years I've spent with the club.

"I have three years left on my contract. I'm very happy with Chelsea. Mourinho? I'd prefer to wait until I meet him and work with him before I judge him. That's simple logic."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

TBH, I'd take a lot of the "Jose wants rid of..." rumours with a bucket of salt. Mata? Hardly. Torres? Playing his best football with us yet and seems to have opted into the team spirit. Luiz? A big character of the sort Jose likes to have in the team. The lapses in tactical discipline and wrinkles in his game Jose can beat out of him.

Largely, he's already done what many fans would have wanted. Brought Lukaku and KdB back and told them to expect runs in the first team. Let the deadwood drift away. If he's here for the long term, then I'd expect youth to be given more of a shot than in the first Mourinho era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Huh?
    Not wanting to go somewhere where he will play alot more, but get paid alot less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

CSF wrote: »
    Not wanting to go somewhere where he will play alot more, but get paid alot less.

The cynic in me would be inclined to agree but to give him the benefit of the doubt I also think he's excited to get the opportunity to work under Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

With the fixtures out wenesday when would tickets usually go on sale lads?,hoprfully the first is a home game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Jose on United job:
    Mourinho said: "I knew that Ferguson was retiring many months ago.
    "I would have turned down every job in the world - the Manchester United job, every one - for Chelsea."
    The Portuguese, who won the Premier League twice during his first spell in charge at Chelsea, has signed a four-year deal at Stamford Bridge after leaving Real Madrid.
    Mourinho, 50, had long been linked with replacing Ferguson at United but insists that he was only interested in a return to Chelsea - despite being told of Ferguson's plans.
    "I am so happy with his [Ferguson's] trust because it was big news for the world - I can imagine that just a very small circle around him knew that, and it was a big responsibility for me to know that," he said.
    "Why do I know that? Because we are friends, so if I am his friend to know that he is going to retire, he is also my friend to know that the club I want to coach in England is Chelsea.
    "Of course I told him I want to come to Chelsea. I would turn down every job in the world for Chelsea."

Full article on BBC Website HERE

He continues to say all the right things anyway, hopefully if he doesn't get off to a flyer the fans will stick with him, and I think they probably would more than any other manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

http://i.imgur.com/4Bt9vo2.jpg
    This belongs here

Is there anyone left in Barca who has not expressed an opinion on TSO / THO?

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1477974?&cc=5739

They are becoming a truly pathetic joke at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Can't wait to draw them in the CL now. Stage is set.

has anyone been following craig burley's rants about john terry? what a muppet

Former Chelsea midfielder Craig Burley has encouraged Jose Mourinho to reconsider his decision to keep John Terry at the club.

Having recently returned for a second stint at the Stamford Bridge helm, Mourinho went on to confirm that centre-back Terry would remain the team's captain, despite speculation that he would look to part with the 32-year-old ahead of the new campaign.

However, Burley believes that Terry has declined and with that in mind, he feels that the time is right to sell the defender.

"If Terry gets a new contract I'll emigrate somewhere – it's not going to happen," the Scot told the Fulham Chronicle. "If (Roman) Abramovich wanted anybody out of the club, he is head and shoulders above the rest because of the problems he has brought and the aggravation.

"His best days as a footballer are behind him – that is a simple fact. I can understand the club's point of view and I can understand the supporters' frustration but the club has to move on and rebuild."

Terry came through the ranks at Chelsea following a switch from the West Ham United academy in 1995.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement