Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Terry has not been the best ambassador for the club OK but as a footballer he was a fantastic and brave player for us, a defender at his peak almost any club would have wanted. Personally I think he should be allowed leave but the witch hunt is unbecoming.

I guess everyone has read about sideshow

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/17/chelseas-david-luiz-hints-at-interest-in-paris-saint-germain-transfer-3844895/?

So he talks to his international team mates about their club and I bet he never ever ever mentions his club. Even by silly season standards this is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Is there anyone left in Barca who has not expressed an opinion on TSO / THO?

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1477974?&cc=5739

They are becoming a truly pathetic joke at this stage
    What an undignified shower. They really do have a complex about both Chelsea and Mourinho. They should shut up before they make complete and utter fools of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

from the evening standard

Geoffrey Kondogbia has emerged as a key Chelsea target as they seek to secure a defensive midfielder as part of their summer strengthening programme.

The 20-year-old Frenchman, who has just finished his first season at Seville, was extensively scouted by Chelsea before the arrival of new manager Jose Mourinho, and reports suggest that, despite the four years left on his deal at the Spanish club, he could make the move to Stamford Bridge.

He is seen as a cheaper option in that position than more experienced players, and should be available for around £10 million.

The southern Spanish club have already sold Jesus Navas to Manchester City and Alvaro Negredo is expected to leave for Atletico Madrid.

Part of a promising generation of young French players, Kondogbia is yet to secure a full France international cap, currently playing for the France Under-20 squad tipped to win that age group’s World Cup in Turkey which starts on Friday.

The Independent today reported that Kondogbia was a leading target for a number of big European clubs, going on to suggest that Real Madrid might make a move for him as a long-term replacement for Xabi Alonso.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-target-seville-midfielder-geoffrey-kondogbia-in-10m-deal-8662780.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Is Mikel definitely on the way out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

peteeeed wrote: »
    has anyone been following craig burley's rants about john terry? what a muppet

Former Chelsea midfielder Craig Burley has encouraged Jose Mourinho to reconsider his decision to keep John Terry at the club.

Having recently returned for a second stint at the Stamford Bridge helm, Mourinho went on to confirm that centre-back Terry would remain the team's captain, despite speculation that he would look to part with the 32-year-old ahead of the new campaign.

However, Burley believes that Terry has declined and with that in mind, he feels that the time is right to sell the defender.

"If Terry gets a new contract I'll emigrate somewhere – it's not going to happen," the Scot told the Fulham Chronicle. "If (Roman) Abramovich wanted anybody out of the club, he is head and shoulders above the rest because of the problems he has brought and the aggravation.

"His best days as a footballer are behind him – that is a simple fact. I can understand the club's point of view and I can understand the supporters' frustration but the club has to move on and rebuild."

Terry came through the ranks at Chelsea following a switch from the West Ham United academy in 1995.

Burley's a subscriber to the eamonn. Dunphy model. He's been at it in Scotland for years. Hated by both sides of Glasgow in equal measures, which is quiet an achievement for a former celtic player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

We live in hope

Is KdB being tapped by Dortmund you could make a case for it

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=535658

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Hope not, always liked him. Means we'd nearly have to buy two more defensive midfielders imo if we let him go. He was our only one last season and I don't see any of the returning loanees as a solution. Essien has exploding knees and I don't think McEachran has what it takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Legion. wrote: »
    Hope not, always liked him. Means we'd nearly have to buy two more defensive midfielders imo if we let him go. He was our only one last season and I don't see any of the returning loanees as a solution. Essien has exploding knees and I don't think McEachran has what it takes.

I think you might be forgetting about Romeu, I think he has far more ability than Mikel anyway.

I think you might be forgetting about Romeu, I think he has far more ability than Mikel anyway.

Plenty of potential, but that injury last season didn't do him any favours. I'd like to see him being given the chance as the deputy midfield enforcer type but I can see him being farmed out on loan.

Legion. wrote: »
    Plenty of potential, but that injury last season didn't do him any favours. I'd like to see him being given the chance as the deputy midfield enforcer type but I can see him being farmed out on loan.

It's a real shame it happened when it did, he was playing well and Rafa clearly favoured him over Mikel, I really think it would have been a defining few months for his career had he stayed fit. But I do have a lot of faith in him, I think he could become a big player for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

It's a real shame it happened when it did, he was playing well and Rafa clearly favoured him over Mikel, I really think it would have been a defining few months for his career had he stayed fit. But I do have a lot of faith in him, I think he could become a big player for Chelsea.

He's young,hopefully that cruciate injury won't have too much of an impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

He'll end up back at Barca if she does end up doing well anyway.

Bertser wrote: »
    He'll end up back at Barca if she does end up doing well anyway.

As far as I know there was a 2 season buy back clause in his contract, Barcelona haven't exercised it so I think the possibility of Barcelona buying him back via buy out clause is gone anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sounds like Torres is relishing the return of Jose (now if only Jose can get him to start scoring a few more goals!)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343963/Fernando-Torres-determined-stay-Chelsea-despite-added-pressure-Jose-Mourinhos-return.html

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

As far as I know there was a 2 season buy back clause in his contract, Barcelona haven't exercised it so I think the possibility of Barcelona buying him back via buy out clause is gone anyway.

I know that, I mean if he ends up becoming a good player, he could go back like Fabregas eventually did.

Bertser wrote: »
    I know that, I mean if he ends up becoming a good player, he could go back like Fabregas eventually did.

True but at least we'll have gotten some quality performances from him and a fair fee.

daily mirror reporting that jose (in london) has fallen out with mata (in brazil)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-juan-mata-target-1962092

fixtures , man u away very early , good opening day and end

Sat Aug 17 Hull City H

Sat Aug 24 Manchester United A

Sat Aug 31 Aston Villa H (this fixture is liable to change due to our participation in the UEFA Super Cup)

Sat Sep 14 Everton A

Sat Sep 21 Fulham H

Sat Sep 28 Tottenham Hotspur A

Sat Oct 5 Norwich City A

Sat Oct 19 Cardiff City H

Sat Oct 26 Manchester City H

Sat Nov 2 Newcastle United A

Sat Nov 9 West Bromwich Albion H

Sat Nov 23 West Ham United A

Sat Nov 30 Southampton H

Tue Dec 3 Sunderland A

Sat Dec 7 Stoke City A

Sat Dec 14 Crystal Palace H

Sat Dec 21 Arsenal A

Thu Dec 26 Swansea City H

Sat Dec 28 Liverpool H

Wed Jan 1 Southampton A

Sat Jan 11 Hull City A

Sat Jan 18 Manchester United H

Wed Jan 29 West Ham United H

Sat Feb 1 Manchester City A

Sat Feb 8 Newcastle United H

Tue Feb 11 West Bromwich Albion A

Sat Feb 22 Everton H

Sat Mar 1 Fulham A

Sat Mar 8 Tottenham Hotspur H

Sat Mar 15 Aston Villa A

Sat Mar 22 Arsenal H

Sat Mar 29 Crystal Palace A

Sat Apr 5 Stoke City H

Sat Apr 12 Swansea City A

Sat Apr 19 Sunderland H

Sat Apr 26 Liverpool A

Sat May 3 Norwich City H

Sun May 11 Cardiff City A

• Advertisement

daily mirror reporting that jose (in london) has fallen out with mata (in brazil)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-juan-mata-target-1962092

Always knew long distance relationships are fraught with danger.

So Hull at home first up and Moyes away second up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-premier-league-fixtures-2013-14-1950524?

Yea last 7 games very handy, even Arsenal and Spurs at home should be fine. Looking at that if we are in the hunt after City away in February we should give it a real good rattle.

Yea last 7 games very handy, even Arsenal and Spurs at home should be fine. Looking at that if we are in the hunt after City away in February we should give it a real good rattle.

also the normally tricky christmas period is 2 home games this year , swansea and liverpool

Delighted we have Man Utd away early. Moyes may still be settling in and the team might still be adjusting to his methods. In any case it's a great chance for Mourinho to go there and get some kind of result and lay down an early marker.

ManU last two matches at home against Sunderland and Norwich actually they have a very easy run in as well.

Arsenal of the most likely top 4 have the hardest run in being away to Spurs and Chelsea then home to City in March tough enough run that.

Delighted we have Man Utd away early. Moyes may still be settling in and the team might still be adjusting to his methods. In any case it's a great chance for Mourinho to go there and get some kind of result and lay down an early marker.

Yea 3 easy enough games before we have a sticky game at Everton :D.

Actually our record against ManU is not too shabby so we really should be looking for an early marker and hopefully put a bit of pressure on Moyes away to Swans home to us and away to Liverpool he could have had an easier start.

So TSO / THO and Mata have not spoken yet they have fallen out as TSO / THO wants to break the terms of Mata's contract thus allowing us to sell him at a cut price to a team that TSO / THO must dislike and who's players and associated rags have spent the summer slagging him off. Yes this seems like journalism of the highest order and thus we must be prepared for Mata's departure to Barca any minute now.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_20665_-.html#.UcFva9LVC5I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Maybe I missed it but why is Mata supposedly not wanted at chelsea, one of the best players in the league last season, sounds ridiculous by the papers but maybe smoke and fire and all that?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it but why is Mata supposedly not wanted at chelsea, one of the best players in the league last season, sounds ridiculous by the papers but maybe smoke and fire and all that?
    its total bull**** , mata has already come out and said he wants to stay and no one from chelsea has told him he's not wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Here's the thing. Keep an eye on what Mourinho is actually quoted as saying, rather than what the newspapers pull out of their annals. I've yet to see any direct quotes about Mata or Luiz. The only one he's on record as discussing is Torres: "Torres so far is so-so. Somebody could expect more because of his potential, because of what he did before. But [it is] not so bad as people sometimes try to say. There is a balance." At worst, damning with faint praise and a shot across his bows to up his game.

• Advertisement

Whats with the new nice fluffy bunny Jose

'I wish every club well for the season and I especially hope we can all make it a great competition for Premier League fans all around the world.'

I don't I want to stuff everyone and have it wrapped up by Christmas...............

So now Dortmund are after Lukaku as well as KdB, seems between them and Barca we will have no players left when Hull come acalling in August

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/dortmund-linked-with-double-chelsea-swoop-which-could-make-lewand

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mikel has agreed terms with Galatasary.

Mikel—"I'm very pleased with Galatasaray's offer. I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it's now time for me to leave".

From the guardian.co.uk
    Celta Vigo hope to persuade José Mourinho to release Oriol Romeu on a season-long loan from Chelsea next term with the Spain Under-21 international now fit again following a long-term knee injury.

Romeu, who was signed from Barcelona by André Villas-Boas at Stamford Bridge back in 2011, had started to feature more regularly for Rafael Benítez's side until rupturing his cruciate knee ligament in a victory at Sunderland in early December. The 21-year-old spent the rest of the campaign in rehabilitation, returning to light training in April, and was fit enough to feature last month in a charity match alongside his club-mate Juan Mata in memory of the former Espanyol captain Dani Jarque, who died in 2009 aged 26.

Mourinho wants to assess Chelsea's numerous loan players – there were 27 dispatched to various clubs around the world last season – upon the resumption of pre-season training on 8 July and his instinct will be to include Romeu on the club's tour of the Far East, which starts the following week.

Celta Vigo's interest provides the Portuguese with an option to offer the midfielder regular football, and the new manager will make a final decision over a prospective loan next month. Mourinho is also likely to include the Belgium winger Kevin De Bruyne in his plans despite Borussia Dortmund still hoping to sign the youngster on a permanent deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/19/chelsea-celta-vigo-oriol-romeu

Mikel—"I'm very pleased with Galatasaray's offer. I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it's now time for me to leave".

Quite annoyed at that. Wish him all the best, but I think he'll be a big miss for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Back !!!!

what can I say .

Delighted Jose is back... happy with Schurrle

Tough start to the season, but good to get those fixtures out of the way early.

A5o6_xdCcAAoO2T.jpg:large

From the guardian.co.uk
    Celta Vigo hope to persuade José Mourinho to release Oriol Romeu on a season-long loan from Chelsea next term with the Spain Under-21 international now fit again following a long-term knee injury.

Romeu, who was signed from Barcelona by André Villas-Boas at Stamford Bridge back in 2011, had started to feature more regularly for Rafael Benítez's side until rupturing his cruciate knee ligament in a victory at Sunderland in early December. The 21-year-old spent the rest of the campaign in rehabilitation, returning to light training in April, and was fit enough to feature last month in a charity match alongside his club-mate Juan Mata in memory of the former Espanyol captain Dani Jarque, who died in 2009 aged 26.

Mourinho wants to assess Chelsea's numerous loan players – there were 27 dispatched to various clubs around the world last season – upon the resumption of pre-season training on 8 July and his instinct will be to include Romeu on the club's tour of the Far East, which starts the following week.

Celta Vigo's interest provides the Portuguese with an option to offer the midfielder regular football, and the new manager will make a final decision over a prospective loan next month. Mourinho is also likely to include the Belgium winger Kevin De Bruyne in his plans despite Borussia Dortmund still hoping to sign the youngster on a permanent deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/19/chelsea-celta-vigo-oriol-romeu
    Can't see that happening now that Mikel's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can't see that happening now that Mikel's gone

Mikels gone ! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

havent seen this anywhere? where is the quote from?

LanceStorm wrote: »

Apparently fee not agreed by clubs, is this allowed?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/20/john-obi-mikel-confirms-he-is-leaving-chelsea-for-galatasaray-transfer-3849155/?

Anyhows if he does go best of luck to him won a lot in his time at the Bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Apparently fee not agreed by clubs, is this allowed?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/20/john-obi-mikel-confirms-he-is-leaving-chelsea-for-galatasaray-transfer-3849155/?

Anyhows if he does go best of luck to him won a lot in his time at the Bridge

When has a contract ever stopped him before!

LanceStorm wrote: »

a turkish newspaper, could be rubbish but if true means ession is definitely coming back

intersting comments from van ginkel's agent today Karel Jansen

"Chelsea and Vitesse have a very close relationship. Sometimes it seems like they are one club."

Oh yes he is, oh no he isn't
    http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-06-20/chelsea-midfielder-job-obi-mikel-says-he-isnt-off-to-galatasaray/

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has denied suggesting he is close to a move to Galatasaray, Press Association Sport understands.

Quotes attributed to the Nigeria international, who is currently playing in the Confederations Cup in Brazil, have appeared in the Turkish media, suggesting that the 26-year-old is nearing a switch to Istanbul.

Yet Mikel, who moved to Stamford Bridge during Jose Mourinho's first spell as manager, insists he has made no such comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Torres is a seriously classy guy, really hope this is the year he sets fire for ye

Daily mirror now reporting that Jose wants mata and a 5 year contract is on the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

astonaidan wrote: »
    Torres is a seriously classy guy, really hope this is the year he sets fire for ye

free scoring tonight anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep - all we need to do now is make sure we play Accrington Stanley or the equivalent every week and he'll continue to be on fire :)
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    free scoring tonight anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

bullpost wrote: »
    Yep - all we need to do now is make sure we play Accrington Stanley or the equivalent every week and he'll continue to be on fire :)

That may be true but he still out scored everyone else including David villa. As they say you can only beat the team put in front of you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement