Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Please don't let big John go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mikel scoring a goal. :eek:

Cavani having a nightmare :eek:

Parallel universe I reckon.

Haha believe it or not I'm a big Napoli fan and watch most of their games.. this is very typical of the kind of performances Cavani can turn in. A very talented, very frustrating player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the sun and the mirror reporting that Gael Kakuta is part of the van ginkel deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mikel scoring a goal. :eek:

Cavani having a nightmare :eek:

Parallel universe I reckon.

Too weird for parallel. Perpendicular I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not too bad a morning in the press the Mata BS is being put to bed (up yours Barca and all your plotting), KdB seems happy to stay and Ram is motivated.

Next season with KdB, Andre Schurrle, Oscar, Haz, Mata and perhaps Moses we should have a little in the locker for whoever is lucky enough to be playing up front. I am far from convinced we need to buy any striker but a few defenders and at least one decent back up keeper would be quite pleasing, plenty of time yet though.

http://www.clubcall.com/chelsea/de-bruyne-to-snub-german-interest-1601255.html?

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/mourinho_tells_chelsea_ace_he_tried_to_sign_him_at_inter_milan_and_real_madrid_1_2245155

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=535713

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

peteeeed wrote: »
    the sun and the mirror reporting that Gael Kakuta is part of the van ginkel deal

totally fine with that!

he's had many years and loans to turn into a player and hasn't even come close! enjoy holland, you weren't worth all the hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Very happy to see that it's been confirmed that De Bruyne is staying at Chelsea next season. He and Lukaku are like new signings and both are very exciting players and both play in positions where we are weak.

Also not surprised to hear about Mourinho's previous interest in Ramires, the man is a born Mourinho player.

Even though Cavani has had a terrible Confeds cup I still think we need him, well him and another CB.

Its good to see that Luiz is playing well for Brazil too.

So Adidas for another 10 years long contract that. One site mentioned £350m over 10 years if true seems reasonable enough, I would work for it at least :rolleyes:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3216081/title/chelsea-and-adidas-announce-extension-of-global-partnership?

• Advertisement

Delighted with the Adidas link for another decade, its great income for the club and we get nice jerseys, generally. Win win IMO.

We're also meant to be in for Zouma of St. Etienne, great prospect and would be a definite for the future IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Most of the papers this morming resorting Rooney favouring a move to Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Phoenix wrote: »
    Athletico are claiming we and them have reached an agreement on selling Courtois to them
    http://www.clubatleticodemadrid.com/noticias/el-atletico-y-el-chelsea-llegan-a-un-acuerdo-para-la-cesion-de-courtois
    Madness absolute madness if true.

It's another season long loan.......
    We are very pleased to have him for another year.

From the link you linked.

Phoenix wrote: »
    phewwww got me wires crossed:pac:

And your Spanish :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    Most of the papers this morming resorting Rooney favouring a move to Chelsea

I'd favour a move for someone else TBH.

That £300 Million from the Adidas deal is surely going to be reinvested in the squad somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

We have the money, but I'm increasingly getting the feeling the value/players aren't there this season. Falcao looked the pick of the bunch, but he's run off with a tax-free bundle to Monaco. Cavani is sounding overpriced - scores but doesn't put a shift in, which would drive TSO apoplectic. Rooney would be okay at £20m, not okay at £30m or £40m.

So who's left? Lewandowski would be value at £25-30m, but I get the feeling he's fluting around to angle a move to Bayern. Everyone else seems to want to play for Real.

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    We have the money, but I'm increasingly getting the feeling the value/players aren't there this season. Falcao looked the pick of the bunch, but he's run off with a tax-free bundle to Monaco. Cavani is sounding overpriced - scores but doesn't put a shift in, which would drive TSO apoplectic. Rooney would be okay at £20m, not okay at £30m or £40m.

So who's left? Lewandowski would be value at £25-30m, but I get the feeling he's fluting around to angle a move to Bayern. Everyone else seems to want to play for Real.

Well if theres no value around then Lukaku/Ba & Torres have to step up to the mark next season.

I'd be confident in Lukaku leading the line anyway, if thats the case go after a CB asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well if theres no value around then Lukaku/Ba & Torres have to step up to the mark next season.

I'd be confident in Lukaku leading the line anyway, if thats the case go after a CB asap.
    You can be sure Mourinho will bring in a striker of his choice this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd be somewhat confident that we have enough options with lukaku torres and ba too and the last thing in the world I think we should do is break the bank on another flavor of the month striker! With lukaku kdb and schurele we are going to have a very different looking team next season anyway in the attack department so imo any transfer funds should be deployed in the defence area, one player I would hope will not be pulling our shirt over his head this season is rooney in my opinion he is a mercenary of the highest order and when things don't go his way he throws his toys out and declares he wants to leave instead of getting stuck in to fight for his place or what ever, this is a player who is on a quarter of a million a week and doesn't strike me as a player who hangs back at training after everyone else to squeeze that extra 10% out.

amiable wrote: »
    You can be sure Mourinho will bring in a striker of his choice this summer

He might but if Cavani is his choice and we're priced out of the market, weird thing to say, then I'd be more confident going into this season with our current front 3 then I was last year with a front 2.

We do need a guy that will get goals in the league and maybe Lukaku is that guy, he got 17 for WBA now its silly to assume he'd get more with us be he should get close to and maybe beat it if he gets the game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He might but if Cavani is his choice and we're priced out of the market, weird thing to say, then I'd be more confident going into this season with our current front 3 then I was last year with a front 2.

We do need a guy that will get goals in the league and maybe Lukaku is that guy, he got 17 for WBA now its silly to assume he'd get more with us be he should get close to and maybe beat it if he gets the game time.
    He's bound to have more than one striker in mind though and you never know they could unearth somebody nobody was expecting yet.

There are not many strikers of quality out there but then we have overpaid for poor strikers many times in the past. For me Cavani is over priced let him off to Madrid.

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    He's bound to have more than one striker in mind though and you never know they could unearth somebody nobody was expecting yet.

This is very true, I was skeptical o fDrogba when he was signed for bigish money all those years ago, how wrong was I.
    There are not many strikers of quality out there but then we have overpaid for poor strikers many times in the past. For me Cavani is over priced let him off to Madrid.

We just buy at the wrong time, had we gotten a Torres/Shevcheno 2/3 years before we actually signed them we would have been sorted.

I'd love Cavani but the price is high also if he goes to Real, we've missed the boat on Higuain, or else Jose just wasnt really bothered I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Why is Higuain not in the frame, did they not get on?

valor wrote: »
    Why is Higuain not in the frame, did they not get on?

Just seems to be nailed on to join Arsenal with no talk of us in the frame, if Jose wanted him I assume the club would have went after him.

Perhaps Jose didn't really like what he saw. He's been linked with a move away from Madrid for the past couple of seasons, and he usually preferred to play Benzema for Madrid too.

So Napolis president says the buy out clause ends in August, think he sais the 10th, meaning Cavani could in theory leave for less then the reported figure, but the president expects him to either leave before it runs out or honour the rest of his contract.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

another for Nando tonight! lets hope he can keep up this form coming into the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Even though Cavani has had a terrible Confeds cup I still think we need him, well him and another CB.

Its good to see that Luiz is playing well for Brazil too.

What :eek:

As was said before he is a good player but can be very frustrating......Nando is knocking the goals in now :D we are sorted.

S28382 wrote: »
    What :eek:

As was said before he is a good player but can be very frustrating......Nando is knocking the goals in now :D we are sorted.

I've been one of Torres most vocal defenders on this thread and I'd really love to go forward with Lukaku and Torres and maybe Ba but I still think we need another CF.

PSG in for Luiz now aswell according to the Mail.

Slow morning so lets post some absolute gibberish that we can discuss

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/06/23/image-the-ideal-chelsea-xi-for-201314-if-jose-mourinho-invests-wisely-in-the-summer-transfer-window/?

Hard to know where to start with this - no Mata or Oscar an obvious one. It also claims only our worst CB is the one who is assured of a starting spot, I would not be certain that Ivan will start ahead of Dave neither.

We don't need Hulk over rated and over priced and certainly not in place of Oscar (who plays him off the park for Brazil) or Mata.

I am not convinced we need to buy a striker the three we have are capable we should give them a run I am starting to think we are hanging in around Cavani to push up the price for RM. If we need to buy a striker Dave II from Dortmund would be a better bet cost wise, I know in theory he only wants Munich but a nice big wedge could sort that.

Khedira and Mangala would be nice additions as would Zouma I think.

Their team of

Cech
    Ivan Cahill Mangala Cole
    Ramires Khedira
    Hulk Hazard Schurrle
    Jovetic

First off lets go through their reasoning,
    Starting with the defence, centre-back pair John Terry and David Luiz are both likely to go for various reasons, Luiz, meanwhile, is not rated by Mourinho due to his risky attacking instincts from the back

I'm glad they got Jose's though on Luiz, its bollocks but well done.

On Mangala
    he would presumably become first choice straight away at Stamford Bridge.

Good presumption, although it wont be at Luiz expense.

Also cant see Ivan starting at RB, think thats Azp's this year.

Right, onto CM, tricky to call and they think Khedira will come in because,
    He and Ramires could form an effective and dynamic midfield partnership, providing the necessary abilities to both protect the defence and bring the ball forward.
    True, Kheidra would be a huge step up over Mikel, cant see us getting him though.

Attacking midfield, they reckon Hulk and Schurrle will push out Oscar and Mata because,
    star attacker Juan Mata seems likely to be sold by Mourinho, as the Portuguese coach favours more physical and direct players
    Like Di Maria? The slighest AM I've seen. Mata wont be sold, hes the catalyst of this team and the main reason we've played well for 2 years, Oscar while hot and cold had a good 1st season IMO and we wont be repalcing him with Hulk.

CF's they reckon,
    Fernando Torres and Demba Ba will likely be shown the door, Romelu Lukaku will also rotate with Jovetic for the lone striker role, the big-money signing from Serie A would probably be preferred upfront as a starter more regularly.

Load of bollocks again, all guess work and ifs and maybes and probably.

If any of it comes true I'd be very surprised.

It really is a special form of BS you have to say one of our main problems last season was we only had 2 strikers at any given time (and not even the interim one was at fault for that). Yet they are suggesting we ditch two strikers who have scored a lot of goals in the premier league and start with only 2 one a good looking prospect and one totally unproven in the premier league. I think 3 is an absolute minimum myself.

I can see Dave being a THSO type defender, needs to work on his crossing a bit but is solid enough in defence.

Sideshow can go walk about from time to time but he is young and is as brave as they come, how often have you ever seen him pull out of a tackle of challenge? He has a long career in front of him and it will be at the top table I would rather he play for us than against us. I am not convinced by Cahill as willing as they come and again brave to a fault but not in the same class as Sideshow.

I really really really do not want us to buy Hulk. Or Jovetic. Normally I like CO but if they're right ill be incredibly f'ed off.

i'd take Jovetic over Hulk anyway.

I still think we'll sign Cavani, it will mean pissing away a large chunk of our sponsorship deal but I assume we wont get the 300 million up front anyway so if we say we can write off 30 million off it against a CF then I'd happily splurge a little.

As it stand we've the 3rd/4th best CF line up in the league, still think we lack behind both Manchester clubs and depending on what Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool do we could slip down the pecking order even more so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Nadal knocked out of Wimbledon...

Seen tweets saying ''Rafa out''..

Thought for a second that Benitez was back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

All quiet on the transfer front. Jose seems to have gone out of his way to reassure a couple of players over the phone - Ramires and De Bruyne. And radio silence after that! Not a word to any of the guys in Brazil!!

Courtois has been given another year in Madrid. They'll have to extend his contract by the time next season is up.

I'll admit I'm not at all sure which way the wind is blowing generally, and what Mourinho actually thinks about players like Mata and Luiz. But his explicit putdown of Torres might imply he has a higher opinion of most of the others.

So what does Mourinho want for next season?

1. A team which can handle the physicality of the premiership better than the current squad. He won't want to be pushed around by the likes of Man City.

2. A team which can keep grinding out results through the long, cold winter.

3. A comprehensive retooling of defence.

4. A serious toughening up of midfield. I can see Mata staying, but with protection. He frequently looked exposed and laboured as last season wore on and on. A more physical back-up like Mourinho had at Madrid will really allow Mata to develop Chelsea's offensive force with Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, and whoever leads the attack.

5. A striker who can deliver up to 25 premiership goals over each of the next two seasons. I initially thought Rooney was floated as a try-on, but at the right price he may just fit the bill while Lukaku builds up his capabilities.

Anyway, roll on the end of the Confederations Cup when transfer activity will begin in earnest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Fee agreed with Napoli 55-60 mil euros, according to their radio station

smuckers wrote: »

Hope not waste of money at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

At that money he has to deliver 25 premiership goals a season and make an impact in the UCL.

TBH, it's a lot. But we may make some of it back on selling Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bananas spending that kind of money IMO. Torres was looking pretty good towards the second half of the season, Lukaku deserves a chance in the first team. Ba hasn't brought it.
    Some of that could be better spent in getting in a CB/FB. and maybe a DM if Mikel is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Can you give sources .i cant find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Chelsea will without a doubt in my mind have the best attacking lineup in the PL (and potentially the best in the world in a few years)if they sign Cavani. A front 4 with Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Cavani CF with Schurrle on the bench for rotation (not to mention players like Marin and Lukaku) is absolutely staggering in terms of depth and potential. That attacking midfield line could dominate European football for the nearly the next decade if all goes according to plan.

The premiership will be quite a spectacle next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Can you give sources .i cant find anything

Radio Marte have mentioned it a few times, and that report has been repeated on 90Elf.

Will be some serious red faces at Radio Marte if they got it wrong given their ties with the footballclub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement