Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Luiz is a cracking player. Yeah, open to making mistakes at the back, but in midfield he has been a lot better. I wouldn't want to sell him at all.

Mata... I'm not even going to dignify such rubbish as selling him with any more of a response than this.

Torres. Difficult to know. He would be useful as a backup, but would it be worth paying him those wages for him to be a backup? I don't know. I will say, I would have him higher up the pecking order than Ba. I'd love to see how he plays under Mourinho, but at the same time, Chelsea cannot gamble on leaving him as the main striking option for this season. Maybe if competition for the centre forward position was brought in, he'd improve. He had nobody vying for his spot for a long time last season. If he had competition, he could not afford to be complacent.

I think it's largely sympathy for me for Torres. I just feel so sorry for the guy and I'm delighted when he scores, if only because when he missed he looks absolutely distraught. I would also point out that Torres has scored some crucial goals for Chelsea. I think I'd give him one more season. If TSO can't get him playing, fukken nobody can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

cavani scores 2 against italy

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Watched the Italy v Uruguay game, was very impressed. Only serves to highlight how hot and cold he can blow in fairness. Its all or nothing really.

On the topic of Luiz, I really won't want him to be sold. He has improved so much over the last couple of years, and while he may be unorthodox and off-the-walls he does have something that money can't buy. Passion. No one can doubt how much he cares about the club, and it would be a shame to lose such a dedicated player.

EDIT: did anyone just see Luiz's block from Pedro? Wowza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Luiz, IMO, has had a better Confeds Cup then Silva.

Not calling the best in the world, but hes had a cracking tournament and his block n the line prior to Neymars goal was critical, hes showed in this tournament that he can be disciplined, althoiugh giving away the penalty agaisnt Uruguay was stupid, it was his only fault I can remember.

Pre-season starts next Monday for the teams but I wouldnt be surprised if the Confeds cup 5 got a few more days off due to travelling and all that.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Luiz, IMO, has had a better Confeds Cup then Silva.

Not calling the best in the world, but hes had a cracking tournament and his block n the line prior to Neymars goal was critical, hes showed in this tournament that he can be disciplined, althoiugh giving away the penalty agaisnt Uruguay was stupid, it was his only fault I can remember.

Pre-season starts next Monday for the teams but I wouldnt be surprised if the Confeds cup 5 got a few more days off due to travelling and all that.

he was superb last night good in the tackle , great goal line clearance and good passing

peteeeed wrote: »
    he was superb last night good in the tackle , great goal line clearance and good passing

Ideal for a Jose type of CB. ;)

He wont be sold, neither will Mata, even Torres won the Golden boot last night. :pac:

10 YEARS OF ROMAN , still remember that night waking up me dad telling him ken bates is no more and some russian bloke is taking over

10 YEARS OF ROMAN , still remember that night waking up me dad telling him ken bates is no more and some russian bloke is taking over

If someone had told me 10 years ago we'd have won :

3 EPL titles
    1 UCL
    1 EL
    4 FA Cups
    2 League Cups

I would have laughed at the person, its an impressive haul although the EPL titles arent what I reckon they should be and the constant chopping and changing of the manager didnt help at all during that time, which IMO, limited our chance of domestic dominance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm always wary of clubs buying big physical youth players. So many of them impress due to early physical development, and if anything end up possessing fewer technical skills/awareness as they simply didn't need them. Admittedly I know nothing about this kid, so he could be sharp as a tack, but I always prefer young players who stand out in spite of their physical attributes rather than because of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Someone want to embed this for me, on my phone
    http://i.minus.com/ibaR2McRqZkgQU.gif

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm always wary of clubs buying big physical youth players. So many of them impress due to early physical development, and if anything end up possessing fewer technical skills/awareness as they simply didn't need them. Admittedly I know nothing about this kid, so he could be sharp as a tack, but I always prefer young players who stand out in spite of their physical attributes rather than because of them.

A bit like Tom Huddlestone, I remember seeing him play against Ireland U21's for England out in Turners Cross when he was about 18/19 and he was the most impressive player on the park, his size helped but his passing range was better the majority out there, unfortunately i dont think hes got much better then he was back then and UI think his size has some what limited that to a degree.

If he was more mobile at least he'd be able to get around and offer a presence to his team.

Now this youn gguy form WBA might be the real deal but I've not heard or seen anything about him, hopefully hes more Sandro/Yaya Toure then Huddlestone though in that regard.

Just seen these odds online.
    Chelsea are 5/1 with BetVictor to sign Brazil hero Fred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Just seen on a transfer rumours oage we're interest in Kurt Zouma, the Winger who plays for Sporting Lisbon.

Or as hes better known, the CB that plays for St.Etienne. :rolleyes:

This page must have mixed up Zuma with Bruma, a Portguese winger at Lisbon we're meant to be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Someone want to embed this for me, on my phone
    http://i.minus.com/ibaR2McRqZkgQU.gif

ibaR2McRqZkgQU.gif

I could watch that all day, incredible.

With the amount of people we're going to sign (according to the media) we're going to need a Chelsea B and C team in the league!

With the amount of people we're going to sign (according to the media) we're going to need a Chelsea B and C team in the league!

....and the guys coming back from loan. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If someone had told me 10 years ago we'd have won :

3 EPL titles
    1 UCL
    1 EL
    4 FA Cups
    2 League Cups

I would have laughed at the person, its an impressive haul although the EPL titles arent what I reckon they should be and the constant chopping and changing of the manager didnt help at all during that time, which IMO, limited our chance of domestic dominance.

Yes it's amazing what you can do with a billion quid these days ;)

greendom wrote: »
    Yes it's amazing what you can do with a billion quid these days ;)

Its only about 700Million on players though rest was buying the club, clearing debt, building Cobham, hiring/firing managers.

If hes there 10 years and hes won 11 major trophies it works out about 91 Million a trophy, not to bad really. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Its only about 700Million on players though rest was buying the club, clearing debt, building Cobham, hiring/firing managers.

If hes there 10 years and hes won 11 major trophies it works out about 91 Million a trophy, not to bad really. :pac:
    Bargain :D

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Bargain :D

Not so much if you only win a league cup in that season. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Worth every penny (of his money).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It'd actually be more like 2 billion, though apparently only a bit over £600 million in losses.

It'd actually be more like 2 billion, though apparently only a bit over £600 million in losses.

How did ya come to those figures dya mind me asking?

2 billion is a rough guess based on including 10 years of wages, while the loss figure is from a Sun article a few weeks ago.

(I can't be arsed trawling the web trying to find all of Chelsea's last 10 financial statements, but 9 years of losses usually of at least £60m probably do amount to something in that region.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Oh is it this time of the month again to have this argument with the lurkers

• Advertisement

2 billion is a rough guess based on including 10 years of wages, while the loss figure is from a Sun article a few weeks ago.

(I can't be arsed trawling the web trying to find all of Chelsea's last 10 financial statements, but 9 years of losses usually of at least £60m probably do amount to something in that region.)

Oh I agree on the losses its surely in and around that, this year we lost the UCL money as well from going further in the competition and TV money and higher gates.

Not sure about the wages, again that would have to be looked at in Y/E financial statements that would take some digging up.
    duploelabs wrote: »

Better then having a love in and circle jerk where we all agree with each other. :pac:

duploelabs wrote: »
    I don't see an argument...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I would say it unlikely we are after Fred but apparently the buy out clause is only €1.7M

I would say it unlikely we are after Fred but apparently the buy out clause is only €1.7M

so 30 Fred's for the price of 1 Cavani :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

so 1 Fred for the price of 30 Cavani's :pac:

You had a 50/50 chance of getting that right.............:P

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »
    You had a 50/50 chance of getting that right.............:P

I only realised it there.....woops. :o

Going by my previous estimate Fred is worth 1.7 billion.

You can have a 25 man squad and as many U21's you want.

I think the rule is you must have 4 home grown players in the squad or players trained at the club prior to 21 for at least 4 years.

As of this season, Eden Hazard, Oscar, Kevin de Bruyne and Oriol Romeu will not be eligible of the U21 list and will be part of the senior 25-man squad.
    Losing Ross Turnbull, released, and Daniel Sturridge, sold to Liverpool in January, means there are fewer players than last summer who meet the Premier League’s 'home-grown' criteria.
    This will fuel the drive to sign young players, perhaps an English player or two, and also to keep improving the youth development aspect of Chelsea as they strive for a future that is 'bright blue'

bamford going back to MK dons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23131389

Possibly the worst report of the silly season - who is this Gary Jones pillock

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/323739/?

£23 million for Luiz, LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Preparing to offer £20 million for Rooney according to the telegraph. Not a hope it would be accepted though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10153760/Chelsea-prepare-to-offer-20m-for-Manchester-Uniteds-Wayne-Rooney.html

That will give Moyes and co a god laugh I assume. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

£20m (including pies and fags annually) for Rooney or £25m for 24-year-old fitness fanatic Lewandowski? No, don't tell me. Let me think about that one and see if I can't figure it out.

Also, Rooney quarter of a million a week. Just sayin'.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    £20m (including pies and fags annually) for Rooney or £25m for 24-year-old fitness fanatic Lewandowski? No, don't tell me. Let me think about that one and see if I can't figure it out.

Also, Rooney quarter of a million a week. Just sayin'.

Dortmund are playing a dangerous game, if they dont sell him this summer then he'll sign a pre-contract for Bayern in 6 months anyway, plus it looks like he has his heart set on joining Bayern.

• Advertisement

De Rossi is also mentioned in that Express article.

The other article that says we'll swap Tores for El Shaaraway is bo**ocks, AC Milan are trimming the wage bill so Nando would have to take a huge drop in wages to go there.

De Rossi is also mentioned in that Express article.

The other article that says we'll swap Tores for El Shaaraway is bo**ocks, AC Milan are trimming the wage bill so Nando would have to tka ea huge drop in wages to go there.

everybody :)

On one hand its funny about Luiz being touted for a move, what makes it better is that we've nobody lined up to repalce him, unless you count the few rumouirs about Zouma or the Porto defender for 20 million.

I would assume we have no one lined up because he ain't going anywhere. Our defence is threadbare as it stands can't see us wanting to make that situation worse

I think if we moved on Zouma now we'd get a future star, hes only 18 and I reckon he'll be a big talent in the next 2/3 years.

So getting him now would be ideal, at least he wouldnt be thrown into the deep end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Mikel :
    "I have a four-year contract with Chelsea, but you know, in football you can never guess, one day you are here, the next day you might leave," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I don't know who Simon Johnson is but nice to see some sanity re sideshow at last

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-wont-allow-david-luiz-to-be-lured-away-8683202.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I don't know who Simon Johnson is but nice to see some sanity re sideshow at last

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-wont-allow-david-luiz-to-be-lured-away-8683202.html
    Only believe the transfer rumours you like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement