Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cant see Luiz being sold for any price but at least the price tag mentioned in that article is more relaistic to what we'd command for him.

The 23/25 million prices are madness.

Most these articles arent worth anything until Jose actually sees Luiz lose up and can judge himfor himself but theres no way I can see him selling our best CB at the moment, we need to add to the CB line if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cant see Luiz being sold for any price but at least the price tag mentioned in that article is more relaistic to what we'd command for him.

The 23/25 million prices are madness.

Most these articles arent worth anything until Jose actually sees Luiz lose up and can judge himfor himself but theres no way I can see him selling our best CB at the moment, we need to add to the CB line if anything.
    I don't think Luiz will leave either but there's always the chance Jose was scouting him before he returned and may have had his mind made up already or Luiz may get an offer he really wants.
    Like I said I don't think he'll leave though this summer

amiable wrote: »
    I don't think Luiz will leave either but there's always the chance Jose was scouting him before he returned and may have had his mind made up already

True, always that possibilty, As soon as he said Real wouldnt catch Barca, back in Dec/Jan you could see Jose was not long for Real, maybe the chance of moving to England made him focus on the 3 most likely suitors, Chelsea & both Manchester clubs. Taking that into account I'd assume he was impressed with Luiz and his transisation from CB to CDM and back again when needed, his versatility in that reagrd is near priceless as we dont have real quality in either postiion at the moment IMO, on the other hand, he may not have been impressed with his wonderous jaunts out of position but I think he has more plus then minus in his favour anyway.

Decent in the air, 2 footed, comfortable on the ball, always looking to intercept possesion.

The negative, concentration can be questionnable and hes rash into tackles as a result, gets caught every now and again up field, exposing the rest of the team, takes a lot of risks with tackles and elbows and bodychecks.
    or Luiz may get an offer he really wants.
    Like I said I don't think he'll leave though this summer

Theres also that, Luiz may want out and join another team, if thats the case and we get top dollar for him then so be it, the guy has been a great servant for us and won 3 trophies in his 2 1/2 years at the club.

If we get 30/35 million for him we should be able to manage to get 2 replacements but ideally we wouldnt sell and he wouldnt want to go.

Good to see the brains trust are focused on progress. It has been an interesting 10 years with Roman at the helm, it must really sicken those who claimed he would get bored in a year or two and be off. Well the money is still there the facilities are fantastic, the performance of the youth team over the past few years has been very encouraging. And of course the first team has been very successful, it's great to have a history stretching back over 100 years but it is great also to be still making history.

I would take little notice of people who say not much has come through the acadamy, that can be said of most clubs. There does seem to bea determination by the brains trust that the acadamy will start to produce players and in general the objectives at met at the Bridge and Cobham.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/our-goal-is-domination-under-roman-abramovich-claims-chelsea-chief-executive-8682904.html

• Advertisement

Depends who ya ask but our history only stretchs back as far as Romans reign if you ask some people. :pac:

I think the youth team have won 4 out of 10 FA youth cups in those years.

We could make a case that Josh Mac, PVA, Bertrand, Kakuta, Bruma have all come through the system in recent years but it was Carlo who promoted 4 of them.

If Jose wants a legacy then eventually the youth team will be called upon, providing it has the talent to bolster the 1st team.

From that article. :
    The club continues to grow year on year and the latest Deloitte figures have us in fifth position, behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

“That is on revenues generated, which is a fantastic position for the club. The clubs above us have advantages over us, in particular the size of their grounds, and for Chelsea to be the fifth biggest in revenue terms and be outside the top 30 in Europe as far as stadium size is concerned is credit to the staff here.”

Meanwhile, Aitor Karanka has confirmed he rejected the chance to follow Jose Mourinho out of Real Madrid to be part of his back-room staff at Chelsea.

Karanka worked as Mourinho’s No2 during his three years in charge at the Bernabeu but he has decided not to move to London despite his position at Real being in doubt.

He said: “Mourinho wanted me to go with him to Chelsea but I have a great relationship with [Real Madrid president] Florentino Perez.”

Hull sign former Rangers G.K. Allan McGregor.

Hulls team is taking shape and will be a tricky enough task come the opening day, theyve nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And we don't have Drogba to bail us out like last time we played them on the first day of the season in injury time! Although we won the league that year by a point! I'll take that again!

Teams coming up and playing away to a big team on oepnign day have nothing to lose and under no pressure, everyone expects them to get thumped so anything from the game is a bonus.

Ideally we'll beat Hull and Utd before playing Bayern.

Pre-season starting 8th July,cant wait already to get back into it.

Wondering will our Confed Cup finalists get an extra few days off.

• Advertisement

Teams coming up and playing away to a big team on oepnign day have nothing to lose and under no pressure, everyone expects them to get thumped so anything from the game is a bonus.

Ideally we'll beat Hull and Utd before playing Bayern.

Pre-season starting 8th July,cant wait already to get back into it.

Wondering will our Confed Cup finalists get an extra few days off.

God I would hope so the Spanish & Brazilian lads must be knackered.

Last time we won the league we played Hull on the opening day and myself and the wife watched the game in a pub in West Cork. Well we will be in West Cork that weekend so might take a spin to that pub again if played on the Saturday.

I was on holidays in Crete with a few of the lads for that game, remember very little of it naturally. :pac:

Aubameyang going to Drotmund, leaves the door open for Lewandoski now I reckon.

I'd be surprised if he was kept, they've reportedly got aubameyang for 15million euro and would like get about 30 million for Lewandoski which would be very good business if they dont sell him to Bayern.

Yea Lewandoski would be a great buy I wonder how married he is to the idea of Munich. Would be a fantastic buy at €30m, would leave Nando in a dodgy position I guess as both would be very expensive from a salary point of view.

Yea Lewandoski would be a great buy I wonder how married he is to the idea of Munich. Would be a fantastic buy at €30m, would leave Nando in a dodgy position I guess as both would be very expensive from a salary point of view.

Sell Torres and Ba, bring in Cavani and Lewandoski.

:pac:

You may have to forget Cavani according to Daily Fail, at that money grossly overpriced PSG are welcome to him. We are not that desperate for a striker me thinks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2353577/Paris-Saint-Germain-bid-50million-Edinson-Cavani.html

Also with Polish Dave a little over half that if he could be persuaded much better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bbc reporting that van ginkel is over talking to Jose

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23148099

peteeeed wrote: »
    Bbc reporting that van ginkel is over talking to Jose

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23148099

CM is a fairly top heavy department for us at the moment, although if he has the quality then he shouldn't have to worry about game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

jmVxyZB.jpg

Of course we never sold a player or got money for winning cups and league's during this period.

KTBFFH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Unfortunately he's not wrong, surprised that sky sports aired this

• Advertisement

Totally sensationalist gibberish actually absolute tosh. Man becomes multi billionaire by bending some rules. Well that's a first isn't it, it's like all multi national corporations pay their full taxes. It's a wonder Swiss banks and shelters such as the Cayman Isles exist as everyone who makes money (serious money) are in such a rush to declare it or pay tax on it.

Just another example of anti Chelsea bile most likely a jealous fan of another club.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Was looking back a few pages, I think someone posted about Roman's money and we all know where it came from, but they pointed out City's backers are worse when it comes to basic human rights and yet there's no mention of that.

If I can recall, when we started spending the money on players, there were several reports and graphics showing how the money other clubs got from Chelsea had been used to improve their teams.

If you were to look at all the big clubs I'm sure you could drag up some issues with them all.

Lewandoski yes

Rooney no.

Lewandoski yes

Rooney no.

i seem to be the only one that thinks jose could get the best out of rooney

I'm just not sure Rooney has the desire to give anymore TBH.

His record while at Utd was fantastic, nearly a goal every other game and sometimes from playing wide or behind a CF but the question marks about his lifestyle do stick out and any investment in him would be a risky enough gamble given what we'd pay for him and to him.

The guy has been playing at the top level for the best part of 11 years and 9, nearly 10 of those at Utd, burn out and a lack of desire are surely going to pop up somewhere along the line, if they have not already.

Long enough but decent read from Cech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Rooney playing off Lukaku?! That would be awesome

duploelabs wrote: »
    Rooney playing off Lukaku?! That would be awesome

:confused:

....and drop Mata?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

:confused:

....and drop Mata?

Or give him to us in exchange for Rooney :pac:

Or give him to us in exchange for Rooney :pac:

Surprised that has been reported actually with all the other Mata is leaving stories. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Totally sensationalist gibberish actually absolute tosh.

:D:D:D:D:D

The only people who became super-rich in Russia in the 1990s were members of the Russian mafia who carried out (or had carried out on their orders) murder and torture to get their hands on wealth owned by the Russian people for next to nothing.

You can read up on it or you can continue to turn a blind eye.

Zebra3 wrote: »

The only people who became super-rich in Russia in the 1990s were members of the Russian mafia who carried out (or had carried out on their orders) murder and torture to get their hands on wealth owned by the Russian people for next to nothing.

Society in general turns a blind eye if you purchase clothing manufactured in sweat shops in Asia you are promoting this type of behaviour. The same can be said of many consumer electronics.

The advent of capitalism promotes this behaviour so I would suggest you get the books out if you think this is unique to RA.

Zebra3 wrote: »

Thats not how he made his money.

It was with deals with the Kremlin where himself and a few others bought state companies for feck all.

Before that he sold all sorts of stupid things like tyres, ducks, dolls before going onto taking over companies.

The Kremlin were involved in giving out the companies, if anyone was guility of anymurders or hits it was them.

Thats not calling Roman an angel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Sure didnt ye know Chelsea are the dictionary definition of evil and RA is satans hell knight on earth!
    Nobody is saying that but with you seemingly having the siege mentality you probably believe it. Paranoia will destroy you

ok amiable errr thanks bud:confused:
    Great input as usual Phoenix. Why don't you go back to asking others for their opinions so you can have one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Totally sensationalist gibberish actually absolute tosh. Man becomes multi billionaire by bending some rules. Well that's a first isn't it, it's like all multi national corporations pay their full taxes. It's a wonder Swiss banks and shelters such as the Cayman Isles exist as everyone who makes money (serious money) are in such a rush to declare it or pay tax on it.

Just another example of anti Chelsea bile most likely a jealous fan of another club.

Yes, I'm sure that's what the journalist on SSN agenda is.
    He also talks about the City owners, and there's probably more out there, surprised SSN aired the piece, not exactly towing their usual line, makes a change from the brilliance of Merson, Cas, Charlie Nicol etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Society in general turns a blind eye if you purchase clothing manufactured in sweat shops in Asia you are promoting this type of behaviour. The same can be said of many consumer electronics.

The advent of capitalism promotes this behaviour so I would suggest you get the books out if you think this is unique to RA.

That's pretty much what a lot of the oligarchs did, communism fell so quickly that these openings cropped up and Roman and others took advantage of the opening. they weren't long getting a hang of the whole capitalism thing in fairness. The saw a weakness and exploited it to the maximum.

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure that's what the journalist on SSN agenda is.
    He also talks about the City owners, and there's probably more out there, surprised SSN aired the piece, not exactly towing their usual line, makes a change from the brilliance of Merson, Cas, Charlie Nicol etc etc
    And anybody that knows Mathew Syed would know it's not Anti Chelsea. Easy option being taken by some to spout this is just an anti Chelsea agenda. Heaven forbid an intelligent non sensational journalist put out some informed and well researched opinions on Roman.
    No let's ignore those opinions and take the words of Chelsea bloggers as gospel instead ;)

amiable wrote: »
    Nobody is saying that but with you seemingly having the siege mentality you probably believe it. Paranoia will destroy you

I wouldnt call it a seige mentality, its just whenever money pops up the discussion will turn on City/Chelsea/PSG and now Monaco.

Taking us as an example, we've seen and read it all in Romans 10 years in charge, he divides opinion, most Chelsea fans would be in the hes been brilliant for the club but some of his actions leave a lot to be desired.

I've no doubt that if Roman upsticks tomorrow we'd be picked up by another backer somewhere, saying that the model for the biggest English clubs dont look like changing anytime soon with rich backers and sugar daddies.

Utd are backed by the Glazers although taking them over initially with loans that Utd are paying back easily enough due to their global marketing and money making.
    Arsenal have the Ukranian guy whos name I cant spell, Usmanov(sp) hes worth billions and now the staduim is paid off they'll be back again very soon.
    City have the Sheiks and there seemingly endless revenues.

Ideally we'd be self-sustaining and Romans money wont be as important but that wont happen in this climate until we build or expand the stadium and increase revenue on match days, increase our global appeal and attract more sponsors.

We've made massive head ways reagrding some of these but year on year our profit margain, when there is some, is wafer thin.

We've a stadium thats not even in Europes top 30 in capacity but across the globe its estimated we've a 400 million fanbase.

Willing to take that figure with a boat of salt though as sun shinners and glory hunters will latch on at every turn regardless of the club, success breaths this and in a round about way, without Romans investments those sort of markets and fans wouldnt have been accessed 10 years ago.

I still cant believe you took my quip seriously...
    Considering my post quoted someone else it who quoted grumpy I'm pretty sure it wasn't aimed at you or your ''quip''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

duploelabs wrote: »

Unfortunately he's not wrong, surprised that sky sports aired this

Nail on the head there from Matthew Syed from The Times. Nothing new of course, but not the sort of thing you normally hear on Sky Sports News.

I wouldnt call it a seige mentality, its just whenever money pops up the discussion will turn on City/Chelsea/PSG and now Monaco.

Taking us as an example, we've seen and read it all in Romans 10 years in charge, he divides opinion, most Chelsea fans would be in the hes been brilliant for the club but some of his actions leave a lot to be desired.

I've no doubt that if Roman upsticks tomorrow we'd be picked up by another backer somewhere, saying that the model for the biggest English clubs dont look like changing anytime soon with rich backers and sugar daddies.

Utd are backed by the Glazers although taking them over initially with loans that Utd are paying back easily enough due to their global marketing and money making.
    Arsenal have the Ukranian guy whos name I cant spell, Usmanov(sp) hes worth billions and now the staduim is paid off they'll be back again very soon.
    City have the Sheiks and there seemingly endless revenues.

Ideally we'd be self-sustaining and Romans money wont be as important but that wont happen in this climate until we build or expand the stadium and increase revenue on match days, increase our global appeal and attract more sponsors.

We've made massive head ways reagrding some of these but year on year our profit margain, when there is some, is wafer thin.

We've a stadium thats not even in Europes top 30 in capacity but across the globe its estimated we've a 400 million fanbase.

Willing to take that figure with a boat of salt though as sun shinners and glory hunters will latch on at every turn regardless of the club, success breaths this and in a round about way, without Romans investments those sort of markets and fans wouldnt have been accessed 10 years ago.
    Of course it's a siege mentality by others when you see posts like grumpy's and Phoenix claiming they all hate us. You at least are capable of arguing your point without resorting to such immaturity.

On Man United I would argue they are not backed by the Glazers rather they have built up their brand and support so much they are backed by their massive fan base.

Mathew Syed made some very valid and informed opinions known on SSN and for others to bash them away as anti Chelsea bile is naive IMO. People queue to bash Sky's hypebole and when they get an alternative sensible journo on it's dismissed by many.

I have the same opinion about Chelsea as I did in the 1980's and Roman has nothing to do with it.

no but the likes of..

is
    Maybe you should quote the post you are referring to in future

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement