Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Phoenix wrote: »
    Nah whats far more hilarious is the delusions of grandeur you still espouse :)
    Were you on another forum to ask the question to form this opinion? Or perhaps just in your own little private supporters group you can run to when unable to engage in meaningful debate

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Hi All, looks like the Hull game is likely to be televised, got this mail from Chelsea supporters club today:-

The first home fixture of the season against Hull City will not go on sale from Monday 8th July as planned. Further announcements will be made once the live television fixtures have been released”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm certain that game will be on T.V.

It's Joses return and we're playing a team just after coming up.

It just depends when it will be shown and by whom.

Growing Twitter talk that Rooney is staying at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cavani to PSG is all but done claims Palmeri on Twitter.

Deal to be finalised today.

Happy enough if he heads there, we've seen enough from over inflated priced strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

With Falcao gone to Monaco and Cavani looking likely to go to PSG we'll be missing out on 2 of Europes best CF's this summer and I reckon it will cost us.

Lukaku has still a lot to learn before hes anywhere near the above two.
    Torres is only performing in glimpses throughout his Chelsea career.
    Ba was a panic buy in January when we sold Sturridge and isnt good enough IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

as much as I would love a striker of Cavanis caliber, with the price it would only be if Torres or Ba was to leave, I also think bringing him in would effectively lose us Lukaku, so id rather he only had our current inept strikeforce to get ahead of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

With the big two going elsewhere this summer, who's left on our hit list? Lewandowski?

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    as much as I would love a striker of Cavanis caliber, with the price it would only be if Torres or Ba was to leave, I also think bringing him in would effectively lose us Lukaku, so id rather he only had our current inept strikeforce to get ahead of!

We cant rely on Lukaku either though, we really need a world class CF to supplement the current 3 we have.

If we were to sell Ba or Torres we'd probably get more for Torres but hsi wages are going to be a huge stumbling block for any team.

With the big two going elsewhere this summer, who's left on our hit list? Lewandowski?

He seems to be the only other option and he wants to go to Bayern.

Aubamayang has ended up at Dortmund so I reckon there planning life without Lewandoski and dont want to be caught short.

Phoenix wrote: »
    I knows its a grand supporters group:)you should drop by sometime:)oh btw why dont you ask me about my opinions instead of constantly using this rather tired ad hominem which you made up:)
    You do know this is an open forum and I don't need to ask you for your opinions. People just generally give them but thanks anyway and it's well known that you do this and nothing has been made up on my part.
    Thanks for the invite.

We cant rely on Lukaku either though, we really need a world class CF to supplement the current 3 we have.

If we were to sell Ba or Torres we'd probably get more for Torres but hsi wages are going to be a huge stumbling block for any team.

He seems to be the only other option and he wants to go to Bayern.

Aubamayang has ended up at Dortmund so I reckon there planning life without Lewandoski and dont want to be caught short.
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is a different type of player than Lewandowski though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Suarez

Suarez
    I'm sure if Chelsea pay the asking price they can have him

I cant see Suarez coming to Chelsea at all, I cant see him at Arsenal either for that matter.

No nor can I not sure he is good enough, though he certainly does have an appetite for Chelsea

No nor can I not sure he is good enough, though he certainly does have an appetite for Chelsea

:confused:

He'd be the perfect for the way we play, or try to play at times.

We need a CF that is willing to get stuck in and offer himself in the build up and be able to play fotball coupled with a brain to spot passes and movement as well as score goals, he does all that plus his dribbling and close control is top notch.

With his English media jibes I cant see him staying in the EPL anyway but I certainly cant see him joining us.

If Cavani ends up at PSG I can see Suarez ending up with Real after they sell Higuain.

I just hope we dont end up with our d**ks in our hands while the best teams in Europe strengthen their CF options.

You aren't sure if one of the best players in the Premier league is good enough for Chelsea?
    He's an excellent player and would be good enough for any team in the Premier League IMO.
    If he leaves Liverpool I do hope he goes abroad.

Great players spend time on the pitch not sitting in the stands for game upon game because they cannot control themselves. perhaps my standards are a little higher. Today is the birthday of a truly great player (happy birthday) Franco.

• Advertisement

From the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/05/marco-van-ginkel-chelsea-move-vitesse
    20-year-old seen as successor to Frank Lampard

Mourinho is confident he can be integrated: the player is comfortable in the 4-3-3 system the manager intends to implement, and boasts the physique and box-to-box energy and eye for goal that have drawn the inevitable comparisons with Lampard

So who wants to guess so, 4-3-3 leaves us very little chance to play all our AM's.

If we line out 4-3-3 and Lukaku, KDB and Van Ginkel are all promised game time it could be very interesting to see next year.

One thing I forgot was Jose getting rid of Raul, I wouldnt be surprised if one or two down SW6 way find themselves out the door very soon or getting very limited game time.

Great players spend time on the pitch not sitting in the stands for game upon game because they cannot control themselves. perhaps my standards are a little higher. Today is the birthday of a truly great player (happy birthday) Franco.
    Cantona must have crap in your eyes so?
    George Best was useless too?
    How would you rate Zidane?

Plenty of excellent players have had their faults but you can't deny his talent and even with his suspension last season he was miles ahead of any Chelsea player in the goal scoring charts.
    Already top goal scorer for his country at the age of 26.

I also remember (and Gav will back me up here) that his ability to score goals was questioned in here before. :D

Crespos bday too I think.

You can question his temperament and mentality, they're huge issues but his quality on the pitch is undeniable IMO.

The guy is a great footballer and would add to any team, I still cant see it happening anyway so its a pointless transfer debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

amiable wrote: »
    You aren't sure if one of the best players in the Premier league is good enough for Chelsea?
    He's an excellent player and would be good enough for any team in the Premier League IMO.
    If he leaves Liverpool I do hope he goes abroad.

Suarez or Rooney .........Suarez any day

Cantona must have crap in your eyes so?
    George Best was useless too?
    How would you rate Zidane?

Plenty of excellent players have had their faults but you can't deny his talent and even with his suspension last season he was miles ahead of any Chelsea player in the goal scoring charts.
    Already top goal scorer for his country at the age of 26.

I also remember (and Gav will back me up here) that his ability to score goals was questioned in here before. :D

Amazing how you left out Messi, Ronaldo, Pele,. In my opinion you would expect more control from a player, you claim he is earning north of €100k per week he is not a role model I would wish my kids to follow unless money is your only God.

For me he is not even close to the quality of Zola or indeed Gerrard for that matter, my standards raise a little higher than the ability to kick a football. His ability to kick a ball in common with Zidane, Cantona and Best is very good no doubt. If that is all you judge by fair enough everyone lives by their own standards not other people's.

Amazing how you left out Messi, Ronaldo, Pele,. In my opinion you would expect more control from a player, you claim he is earning north of €100k per week he is not a role model I would wish my kids to follow unless money is your only God.

For me he is not even close to the quality of Zola or indeed Gerrard for that matter, my standards raise a little higher than the ability to kick a football. His ability to kick a ball in common with Zidane, Cantona and Best is very good no doubt. If that is all you judge by fair enough everyone lives by their own standards not other people's.
    No footballer is a role model for my kids thanks.
    We are talking about a players ability and I'll set my own moral compass and not judge yours.

Crespos bday too I think.

You can question his temperament and mentality, they're huge issues but his quality on the pitch is undeniable IMO.

The guy is a great footballer and would add to any team, I still cant see it happening anyway so its a pointless transfer debate.

Ah happy Birthday Crespo too fine player him.

Would prefer if he didnt come but if he did would support him as a Chelsea player bit like JT.

No footballer is a role model for my kids thanks.
    We are talking about a players ability and I'll set my own moral compass and not judge yours.

I don't remember asking you to quite the opposite in fact. That's what everyone lives life by their own standards not other people's meant. Much as I disagree with most of what you say I defend your right to say it, it is down to me what I make of it.

Anyhow s it's POETS day there is a Barbie waiting but more importantly a nice bottle of Sancerre and a very nice bottle of Alsace so have a good weekend one and all TTFN

• Advertisement

Anyhow s it's POETS day there is a Barbie waiting but more importantly a nice bottle of Sancerre and a very nice bottle of Alsace so have a good weekend one and all TTFN
    Try a bottle of Chinon sometime. Unique red wine served slightly chilled.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Sky Sports now saying that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Norwich over goalkeeper John Ruddy.

Why not just keep Turbull? Strange one really.

Ruddy is a strange call to say the least, maybe trying to boost HG players although if thats the case why not keep Turnbull so as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ruddy will cost about 8 million! He's only a decent keeper. Don't want him as back up especially at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

It is a strange one, really unambitious I think on Ruddy's part too.

I mean, with Cech and Courtois, hes never going to be no1.

Hes just joining for money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Positives: we'll have a good number 2 keeper who, if Cech gets injured or needs a rest, can easily step in.

He's homegrown so that counts for something.

Negatives: too high a price for a substitute

You'd have to question the attitude of the player leaving a club where he is number 1 and challenging for the England squad to go to a club where he had no chance of being number 1.

It's tough to be entirely for or against this move, it solves a long term squad problem but the price is too high and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Try a bottle of Chinon sometime. Unique red wine served slightly chilled.

That actually is a damn fine call will do thanks. The Ginlinger was yummy though

Sky Sports now saying that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Norwich over goalkeeper John Ruddy.

Why not just keep Turbull? Strange one really.

In all fairness Ruddy is actually a goalkeeper

Answers the height debate about Van Ginkel.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3229499/title/van-ginkel-signs
    Van Ginkel, who is 6ft 1in tall (1.86m) has built a reputation for good energy, ball control and passing in central midfield, both as an attacking force or in a more defensive role such as he was given in the Under-21 Euros this summer. The Netherlands went out at the semi-final stage, defeated 1-0 by Italy.

What can you tell fans about yourself?

I am a box-to-box player. I cover a lot of metres and can score a goal, but I also like to defend and think of myself as a real team player.

It marks the beginning of a very important season for you, which could culminate with the World Cup…

Yes, everybody wants to go there to Brazil. You have to play, that's what Louis van Gaal has said to players. I think I can play games
    and I think the Premier League is higher than the Dutch league, so you can learn more physically and technically, and develop. That's why I am here

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Says all the right things anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

How good is the Thiago United are after?

• Advertisement

How good is the Thiago United are after?

Very

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Very

grrr thats what I feared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In all fairness Ruddy is actually a goalkeeper

Poor Ross!:pac:
    We should get on to LA Galaxy and see if Carlo could be loaned back, warm the bench for a season!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

There's been a fair bit of noise about De Rossi, going as far back as early June:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335626/Jose-Mourinhos-Chelsea-transfer-targets-The-lowdown-Stevan-Jovetic-Edin-Dzeko-Daniele-De-Rossi-Fernandinho-Eliaquim-Mangala.html

More recently:
    Returning Blues manager Jose Mourinho is seeking to reinforce the engine room of the side he has inherited from Rafa Benitez, with John Obi Mikel's Stamford Bridge future now in grave doubt.

And the Chelsea boss is set to try to take advantage of de Rossi's fall-out with his boyhood club to lure the Italy ace to the Premier League.

De Rossi has been labelled Roma's "future captain" for most of the past decade, but fell foul of former boss Zdenek Zeman last season before the Czech was sacked.

The Stadio Olimpico fans also turned on de Rossi, who turns 30 this month, leaving the defensive midfielder increasingly disaffected.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-daniele-de-rossi-2022405
    Reports on the continent have surfaced indicating that Chelsea are willing to up their bid from £10m to £15m.

With Mourinho widely reported to have £100m to spend on players this summer, the 29-year-old is viewed as a key component of a new-look midfield.
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/412486/Jose-Mourinho-prepared-to-up-offer-to-bring-Daniele-De-Rossi-to-Chelsea

Any views on how it might impact on the shape of our midfield? Or is he simply an upgrade on Mikel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It was only a matter of time right?

LUIS SUAREZ is on the verge of joining Chelsea in a stunning £34m deal.

That is the staggering claim being made by Spanish newspaper AS, who say Suarez's move from Liverpool to Chelsea is nearly almost done.

AS report that Jose Mourinho will hand Suarez a £4.7m-a-year deal at Stamford Bridge - and get revenge on his old club Real Madrid in the process.

Madrid made Suarez one of their top transfer targets but Mourinho wants to gatecrash the deal.

Bookies have reacted by cutting the odds on Suarez joining Chelsea into 5/2, although Madrid are still favourites to sign him.

A heap of money was placed on the 26-year-old Uruguayan star joining Arsenal earlier this week but odds on them have now drifted.

If the move happens, as AS believe, it would be one of the most stunning transfers in Premier League history.

Suarez claimed he wanted to leave Liverpool because of the hounding he received from the English press - and looked set to go abroad.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/324638/

peteeeed wrote: »

That is the staggering claim being made by Spanish newspaper AS, who say Suarez's move from Liverpool to Chelsea is nearly almost done.

AS report that Jose Mourinho will hand Suarez a £4.7m-a-year deal at Stamford Bridge - and get revenge on his old club Real Madrid in the process.

Madrid made Suarez one of their top transfer targets but Mourinho wants to gatecrash the deal.

Bookies have reacted by cutting the odds on Suarez joining Chelsea into 5/2, although Madrid are still favourites to sign him.

A heap of money was placed on the 26-year-old Uruguayan star joining Arsenal earlier this week but odds on them have now drifted.

If the move happens, as AS believe, it would be one of the most stunning transfers in Premier League history.

Suarez claimed he wanted to leave Liverpool because of the hounding he received from the English press - and looked set to go abroad.

There's a few problems with that article. The original story in AS was in Euro. The Star have converted the fee to sterling but I dont think they converted the wages.
    If people really believe Liverpool will sell him for that fee they are naive IMO.
    Lastly its the Star. Terrible rag and can't even find their own stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Cant believe he would want to join any other British club. Most likely to move abroad, if at all.
    peteeeed wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Alonso to Chelsea anyone?!
    http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip

Nah youre grand, hes too old for what we're trying to achieve IMO.

Nah youre grand, hes too old for what we're trying to achieve IMO.
    You always need an old head amongst the kids.
    He'd be an excellent signing for you IMO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement