Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd take him or De Rossi for around 12m if we could offset the fee by getting maybe 16m for Mikel. Bit of a stop gap though. Himself and Lampard don't really get along can't see any sort of partnership there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd take him or De Rossi for around 12m if we could offset the fee by getting maybe 16m for Mikel. Bit of a stop gap though. Himself and Lampard don't really get along can't see any sort of partnership there.
    I think I read somewhere that they have sorted that out.
    I can't see Chelsea getting £16 million for Mikel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    You always need an old head amongst the kids.
    He'd be an excellent signing for you IMO

We already have Lamps and Co.

I just dont see the need to bringing him in.

If it does happen at least 2 CM's would have to go.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We already have Lamps and Co.

I just dont see the need to bringing him in.

If it does happen at least 2 CM's would have to go.
    Is he better than 2 of the CM's that would have to go?

I think I read somewhere that they have sorted that out.
    I can't see Chelsea getting £16 million for Mikel

Rumoured fee if he goes to Galatasaray.

It'll be there or thereabouts anyways.

Should be looking to sign one top class defensive mid anyways if Romeu is off on loan.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumoured fee if he goes to Galatasaray.

It'll be there or thereabouts anyways.

Should be looking to sign one top class defensive mid anyways if Romeu is off on loan.
    That's fair enough but I just can't see Galatasaray paying that fee for him. Just my opinion

Chelsea should go for Wanyama. Looks a beast

That's fair enough but I just can't see Galatasaray paying that fee for him. Just my opinion

Chelsea should go for Wanyama. Looks a beast

I'd agree 12m would be closer to his real value. He is still young and tied to a long contract and wouldn't be on huge wages. He's a better player then he gets credit for too. But I think Chelsea should be looking at more dynamic and rounded players because with the double pivot you need to be able to attack and defend.

Haven't seen much of Wanyama bar the CL so I'm not sure. Interesting to see if Luiz will be pushed up. I think the Confederations Cup proved he has what it takes to be a world class cb.

Is he better than 2 of the CM's that would have to go?

Well one looks like Mikel so yes in that regard.

If he was to come in we'd have himself, Van Ginkel, Ramires and Lamps all looking for regular games wont happen IMO.

Well one looks like Mikel so yes in that regard.

If he was to come in we'd have himself, Van Ginkel, Ramires and Lamps all looking for regular games wont happen IMO.
    Romeu rumoured to be off on loan too to Valencia.
    IMO Alonso is that good he'd be perfect for Chelsea and would get the best out of Lampard
    Time will tell Gav
    Have you noticed what I've caused in the LFC thread?

• Advertisement

Romeu rumoured to be off on loan too to Valencia.
    IMO Alonso is that good he'd be perfect for Chelsea and would get the best out of Lampard
    Time will tell Gav
    Have you noticed what I've caused in the LFC thread?

I think Ramires will be a nailed on starter for next year so so a DM would suit his style of play and Alonso could be that partner but I'd surprised if the club went out and got a 30 odd year old in to do the job, goes against our recent transfer policy in that reagrd.

I havent....off to the LFC thread for a look.

I think Ramires will be a nailed on starter for next year so so a DM would suit his style of play and Alonso could be that partner but I'd surprised if the club went out and got a 30 odd year old in to do the job, goes against our recent transfer policy in that reagrd.

I havent....off to the LFC thread for a look.
    By the way, Chelsea interested in Liverpool target Ilori

By the way, Chelsea interested in Liverpool target Ilori

Whats the word on the street?

Decent talent I assume if hes courting the biggest clubs at his age.

Whats the word on the street?

Decent talent I assume if hes courting the biggest clubs at his age.
    If I remember correctly he is a Nigerian under age international who was born in London but grew up in Portugal and is an excellent athlete and Jose is apparently a big fan

If I remember correctly he is a Nigerian under age international who was born in London but grew up in Portugal and is an excellent athlete and Jose is apparently a big fan

So I assume hes declared for Portugal if he grew up there, no?

Be interesting to seee anyway as I reckon we need another CB.

So I assume hes declared for Portugal if he grew up there, no?

Be interesting to seee anyway as I reckon we need another CB.
    No I think he declared for Nigeria as one of his parents is Nigerian and as he was born in London wouldn't require a work permit.
    Sporting want about £10 million I think but he'll leave for less as they need the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    whats the best price for the home jersey ye seen?
    A few weeks ago sports direct were by far the cheapest including delivery I think it was €41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Definite yes to De Rossi from me, very experienced, would be on high wages but wouldn't cost alot and is still a fine player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

A few weeks ago sports direct were by far the cheapest including delivery I think it was €41

I ordered off them ages ago, they said it was out of stock at the time, and I'm still waiting.:(

This was when the new home shirt was first released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

peteeeed wrote: »
    It was only a matter of time right?

LUIS SUAREZ is on the verge of joining Chelsea in a stunning £34m deal.

That is the staggering claim being made by Spanish newspaper AS, who say Suarez's move from Liverpool to Chelsea is nearly almost done.

AS report that Jose Mourinho will hand Suarez a £4.7m-a-year deal at Stamford Bridge - and get revenge on his old club Real Madrid in the process.

Madrid made Suarez one of their top transfer targets but Mourinho wants to gatecrash the deal.

Bookies have reacted by cutting the odds on Suarez joining Chelsea into 5/2, although Madrid are still favourites to sign him.

A heap of money was placed on the 26-year-old Uruguayan star joining Arsenal earlier this week but odds on them have now drifted.

If the move happens, as AS believe, it would be one of the most stunning transfers in Premier League history.

Suarez claimed he wanted to leave Liverpool because of the hounding he received from the English press - and looked set to go abroad.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/324638/
    Well, having lost out on Falcao, and possibly Cavani (if you're to believe http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/219463.html), back-burner candidates such as Suarez and Rooney don't seem so ridiculous.

Chelsea badly need someone who can guarantee 20 or so premiership goals. Maybe Lukaku is the man, but can we be gamble the whole season on him? Or is it best to bring in someone proven? I think the latter.

Whether Suarez is that man, I have my doubts. He's shipped massive bans totalling 18 games in two successive seasons. That accounts for 25% of playable premiership matches for those seasons, although the second ban extends into this season. I don't think a team challenging for the premiership can afford the luxury of that kind of indiscipline, unless they're confident the player can mature.

Rooney? At the right price for two seasons to buy time for a class striker in our own good time, and to allow Lukaku to prove himself too.

Maybe Cavani might actually still come to pass. Napoli want to maximise the transfer fee. But TBH I think there are better ways we can spend those truckloads of money. And it doesn't have to be this season.

• Advertisement

Killinator wrote: »
    I ordered off them ages ago, they said it was out of stock at the time, and I'm still waiting.:(

I've never had a problem with them. Obviously I've never ordered a Chelsea though. That's bad form though to leave you waiting this long

Pre-season start today, players back after an extra few days off.

Goal.com (lol) said we're now in for Benteke.

Now what other Belgian international CF do we already have at the club, hhhmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Killinator wrote: »

i got the new chelsea goalie jersey off of them and a free oversized mug :)

That mug is HUGE.

I mean I dodnt drink tea or coffee but if I did that mug would be my choice it holds about 10 litres I reckon.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

i got the new chelsea goalie jersey off of them and a free oversized mug :)

Cool,
    In gonna get back to them AGAIN and see where my shirt is.

So weve missed out on Gomez, Falcao and looks likely to be Cavani.

Only looks like Lewandoski is availabel and he wants Bayern, maybe Jovetic after Gomez going to Fiorentia?

Although I'd happily go forward with Lukaku, just sign a CB to bolster our options.

So weve missed out on Gomez, Falcao and looks likely to be Cavani.

Only looks like Lewandoski is availabel and he wants Bayern, maybe Jovetic after Gomez going to Fiorentia?

Although I'd happily go forward with Lukaku, just sign a CB to bolster our options.
    if cavani goes there then the official zlatan to chelsea talk will begin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sky sources: Norwich reject improved offer from Chelsea for goalkeeper John Ruddy.

Now move on lads, it's done. :pac:

• Advertisement

if cavani goes there then the official zlatan to chelsea talk will begin

Hope not, maybe a couple of years ago but not now and his wage demand would be HUGE.
    Johner wrote: »
    Now move on lads, it's done. :pac:

Hopefully, but the club look like they want a backup of quality, not sure why they're going with Ruddy though.

Good move on picking up another youngster, lured with the promise of big money and trophies, hope he can break into our team,easier said then done.

Must be heart breaking for clubs when the big boys can name their price and take who they want from the academies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Seeing as how his move to arsenal has fallen through, what does everyone think of Higuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If we are determined to buy a striker (and the 3 we have are all making positive noises at least) personally would have gone for Gomez as a stop gap. Excellent record, on the market and cheap in the scheme of things. But that horse bolted as well so why not just stick with what we have get a CB and a goalie and get on with it?

Yup, agree Grumpy, a G.K. like Scwarzer or Given for a season and a CB, hopefully Zouma and we'll be sorted.

We need a stop gap G.K. and both of the above would be perfect and would play a handful of games this season.

Zouma would fit the mould of young and talented and would be one for the next 2 years or so as JT and Co move along.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Seeing as how his move to arsenal has fallen through, what does everyone think of Higuine?

I'd love Higuain but would Jose?

Seeing as we didnt go for him as soon as Jose was appointed leads me to believe Jose has other options he'd want including Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well Jose called him the laziest player he has ever worked with so that rules that one out.
    I reckon it could be Hulk/ Rooney

Whatever of Rooney or even Suarez Hulk is one of the most overrated players in the world, I wonder if Chelsea have ever bid for him or does he just have a good Mr. 15%?

Yup, agree Grumpy, a G.K. like Scwarzer or Given for a season and a CB, hopefully Zouma and we'll be sorted.

We need a stop gap G.K. and both of the above would be perfect and would play a handful of games this season.

Zouma would fit the mould of young and talented and would be one for the next 2 years or so as JT and Co move along.

OMG checked the website it seems to be the case noooooooooooooooo please Jse make it all better and say it ain't so............

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/7/8/4504496/chelsea-fc-backup-goalkeeper-henrique-hilario-team-roster?

Benteke hands in transfer request....linked with us.

Ffs hope it aint true we already have Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

smuckers wrote: »
    Well Jose called him the laziest player he has ever worked with so that rules that one out.
    I reckon it could be Hulk/ Rooney

That was a deliberate misrepresentation. Apparently Higuain is not very fashion conscious and Mourinho said that he would turn up for training in his pajamas if he could.
    I'm not sure Higuain would want to link up with Jose again after being left on the bench so often over the last couple of seasons.

Hope we dont go in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Hope we dont go in for him

Me too, I'm not convinced that in the long run he will be better than Lukaku, nor am I convinced that he'd make a great deal more of an impact next season than Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Cmon Hull tickets ! , go on sale for gods sake :)

from the daily telegraph

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho considering move for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke
    Christian Benteke stunned Aston Villa by handing in a transfer request and the move is likely to alert a number of Premier League clubs, including Chelsea.
    The striker is ready to leave Villa less than 12 months after his £8 million arrival from Genk and he has not travelled with the squad to Germany. Villa owner Randy Lerner will demand a fee of at least £25 million for the Belgium international.
    Villa had offered Benteke a new contract last month, in a bid to double his current £20,000 a week salary, but the 22-year-old’s surprise move has damaged the feel-good factor ­created by Paul Lambert’s substantial squad revamp this summer. Chelsea would have to pay a hefty figure to sign him if they follow up their ­interest, however, as Benteke still has three years remaining on his ­contract.
    Villa manager Paul Lambert said: “While we’re hugely disappointed that Christian has put in a transfer request, it’s important that people appreciate we are trying to build something strong and vibrant here at the club, something this club demands and stands for, and we want Christian to be part of that.”
    But Benteke’s desire to leave Villa will spark a battle for his services and will interest new Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, who is determined to bolster his forward line, as well as Spurs manager Andre-Villas-Boas.
    Mourinho oversaw the first full training session of his Chelsea comeback yesterday and conducted an in-depth review of the players’ fitness in the morning and, after lunch, took his first full Chelsea training session for almost six years.

New signings André Schürrle and Marco van Ginkel were among those who took part, as well as the old guard of John Terry, Frank Lampard and Petr Cech. Mourinho, though, may have been most interested to watch Romelu Lukaku, the 20‑year‑old striker who has returned from a successful loan spell at West Bromwich Albion and is staking his claim for a first‑team place in the new season.
    With Didier Drogba leaving last year, Mourinho wants to add a similarly powerful forward to lead his attack and, as well as assessing Lukaku, Demba Ba and Fernando Torres, has been pursuing several targets, with Benteke now likely to be high on his wanted list.
    A £40 million bid was made for Napoli’s Edinson Cavani but he is now edging towards a move to Paris St‑Germain, while Robert Lewandow­ski is intending to remain at Borussia Dortmund for one more season before joining Bayern Munich. An inquiry has also been made for Wayne Rooney but David Moyes, the new Manchester United manager, is adamant that he will not be sold.
    Benteke has the potential to fit Mourinho’s preference for a powerful striker who could lead the line on his own and Chelsea are considering whether to push forward with a ­formal bid.
    Chelsea are also keen to add an understudy to Cech, although it is understood that a second offer for Norwich City’s John Ruddy has been rejected.

• Advertisement

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3232049/title/the-new-season-begins

All players back and fit apart from our 2 Brazilians and 3 Spanish invovled in the Confed Cup final.

Buy all the strikers!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ah silly season, sure tis better than fair city

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement