Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hazard on Jose and Rooney.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/15/jose-mourinho-chelsea-eden-hazard
    Eden Hazard has just shuffled off a training pitch at this city's International School, the stifling humidity finally threatening to break in a deluge, and first impressions are favourable. It has been a week since José Mourinho started work with his Chelsea players and this is a squad buoyed by his presence.

"He comes across as very calm when he speaks to us," says the Belgian, all those familiar images of touchline tantrums apparently misleading. "He's a good person. He loves his players and is someone who can make the difference, for sure. We have a real chance this year. But, with a top manager in place, our chances are even greater."

These are early days in Mourinho's second coming, with those players involved at the recent Confederations Cup yet to return for pre-season training, but Hazard's initial assessment reflects this team's underlying optimism.

Only five of those in Thailand for the first leg of a three-game tour – Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Petr Cech and Michael Essien – have played for Mourinho in the past, with the array of younger, wide-eyed talent still adjusting to his methods. Hazard has never even confronted a Mourinho team over his short, if eye-catching, career. After mid-season disruption in the dugout last term, the hope is the 22-year-old's second campaign in English football will be marked by a title challenge.

Mourinho tends to inspire such conviction. He tried to sign Hazard for Real Madrid in 2011, only for the youngster to insist the time was not right to leave Lille with a first campaign in the Champions League to come. "I had so much to prove in the French league still at that time," says the forward.

"I stayed because I didn't want to leave too early, even if, as a teenager, you dream of playing for a club like Real or Chelsea. That's normal. But now I will work with him here. With Mourinho, we know what he is and what he brings: with him in charge, we win matches and win trophies. I've found him a very good person. He laughs and jokes with us a lot out on the training pitch, and that's good to see in a coach. He's calm, yes. I'm sure he can lose his cool as well, obviously, but he's very clear explaining what he wants so we understand his instructions, and we learn.

"It's important he's here. He'll do everything to put things in place, creating the environment for us to do well, but it'll be up to us to deliver the trophies. There'll be big rivals out there, Manchester United, City, Tottenham, Arsenal … but we have a real chance. He's spoken to us all, as a group and individually, and told us what he expects of us. He told me to be ambitious with my game, to keep trying things, and that this could be a special year. I hope this all ends up being productive."

The hope is the summer could also prove productive. Chelsea have recruited Marco van Ginkel, André Schürrle and Mark Schwarzer but are scouring the market for a striker and may seek further experience in central midfield. Wayne Rooney, a player admired by Mourinho, also continues to be mentioned as a potential addition despite United's public insistence to the contrary.

"It's not up to us who comes in, but it's exciting," says Hazard, who was last summer's coup at £32m. "Rooney would be a brilliant signing – un super bon joueur who has experience but who is still only young, at 27. He's got a few years left to play. But it's not up to me. It's not my decision."

Regardless, he hopes his compatriot Romelu Lukaku will be granted an opportunity to make his own impression at Stamford Bridge following last season's impressive loan spell at West Bromwich Albion. "He has a real chance. Romelu has all the qualities you need. As far as I'm concerned he could play up front for us, but Chelsea is Chelsea. There are more forwards at a club like this competing for a place," says Hazard.

Another Belgian, Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, is also under consideration after handing in a transfer request last week. "He had an unbelievable first season for a young striker in the Premier League," says Hazard. "His dream is to play even higher. We speak all the time and he'd told me: 'Right, I've done well, but what next?' So I wasn't surprised [at the transfer request]. He's got all the attributes to do well at a big club."

Hazard has already proven he boasts that pedigree. His first campaign in English football began with a flurry and ended with a flourish, at least until a hamstring injury ruled him out of the Europa League final against Benfica. His own targets are set upon maintaining that encouraging form and development, the demands of a second season, where he will no longer be counted an unknown quantity, very clear. "But there's more to come from me," he adds. "I want to improve, to do better, to make an even bigger impression." Such ambition will impress Mourinho as this team seeks its title challenge.

Hazard WILL get better thats without a doubt but the bit in bold could be a frightening prospect for the rest of the league and Europe if Jose can mould and inspire Hazard to push himself to another level in the next year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

NEWSFLASH: MOURNHO NAMES TEAM FOR THAILAND GAME

A day ahead of the opening game of the Asia tour, Jose Mourinho has announced the line-ups that will begin each half against the Singha All-Stars.

The manager is to give the majority of the players 45 minutes of action in the Rajamangala Stadium in Bangkok, with the 11 to start the first half as follows:

Petr Cech, Wallace, Tomas Kalas, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Lucas Piazon, Kevin De Bruyne, Andre Schurrle, Romelu Lukaku.

The second half side will begin:

Jamal Blackman, Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ryan Bertrand, Marco van Ginkel, Ramires, Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Demba Ba, Victor Moses.

Jose has named the 2 teams that will play tomorrow.

1st half team :

Petr Cech,
    Wallace, Tomas Kalas, John Terry, Ashley Cole,
    Frank Lampard, Michael Essien,
    Lucas Piazon, Kevin De Bruyne, Andre Schurrle,
    Romelu Lukaku.

2nd half team :

Jamal Blackman,
    Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ryan Bertrand,
    Marco van Ginkel, Ramires,
    Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Victor Moses
    Demba Ba.

Wouldnt be surprised to see KDB being whipped in the 2nd half at some stage, no way he'll play the full 90 mins.

Chelsea players enjoying the pool and ice baths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2364045/Jose-Mourinho-cone-head-Chelsea-stars-splash-pool.html

On a side note, Moses has got some serious biceps going on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Team for tomorrows game against Singha Allstars.

First Half

Petr Cech; Ashley Cole, John Terry, Tomas Kalas, Wallace; Frank Lampard, Michael Essien; Andre Schurrle, Kevin de Bruyne, Lucas Piazon; Romelu Lukaku.

Second Half

Jamal Blackman; Ryan Bertrand, Nathaniel Chalobah, Gary Cahill, Branislav Ivanovic; Ramires, Marco van Ginkel; Victor Moses, Eden Hazard, Kevin de Bruyne; Demba Ba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good to see Ivanovic has buried the hatchet with Suarez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

'About Luis Suarez, I said straight after the game, whatever happened on the field finished there,' said Ivanovic.
    Like a boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He seems a very straight ahead sort of chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Panthro wrote: »
    Like a boss.

Iv always liked Ivanovic, and thought he handled the whole thing brilliantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I've that Chelsea True Blue digital membership. Pursume there is no way I can get Chelsea TV through UPC with the membership no ?. Its just on line/on phone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Speaking of Chelsea TV, I got it in yesterday, €4 per month for 3 months, not bad at all.

Also really enjoyed the documentary of Abramovich's decade of success.

Only 32 days until the EPL is back.

C'mon ta f**k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kevin Strootman in italy to join roma , this has to be a sign that de rossi is leaving

peteeeed wrote: »
    Kevin Strootman in italy to join roma , this has to be a sign that de rossi is leaving

It could be, I wouldnt really read much into anyway, Strootman could be bought to bolster rather then replace inthe Roma squad.

Wasnt Strootman another apparent Utd CM option?

They'll probably end up with Fellaini at this rate.

Imagine the s**t we could f**k up if we went after Higuain for 30 million?

Arsenal down a very good CF.

Liverpool would lose Suarez but gain about 35-40million.

There must be a reason Jose hasnt gone after any of the Real players, apart from the fact he fell out with a large % of them, or could be hes been studying Chelsea and knows what he wants and what system we'll play and who'll add to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Rooney is the one he really wants and if he does get him we will sell Ba or Torres. If he doesn't get him I can see him starting Lukaku at the start of the season and seeing how he gets on and keeping Ba and Torres.

I'd be happy to continue with what we have, we mightnt threating the UCL heavyweights but we'll do enough to trouble the EPL teams with our current 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wayne-Rooney-in-a-Chelsea-Shirt-1897575.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Johner wrote: »
    I think Rooney is the one he really wants and if he does get him we will sell Ba or Torres. If he doesn't get him I can see him starting Lukaku at the start of the season and seeing how he gets on and keeping Ba and Torres.
    I'd agree with this. I don't think Jose particularly rates either Torres or Ba. He doesn't want to take punt entirely on Lukaku. If someone like Rooney can get 20 ECL goals and if Lukaku can reproduce his heroics of last season, then Chelsea can have a serious tilt at the premiership. Add to that some key UCL goals and Rooney will repay his fee. Should Jose go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ideally selling Torres and giving his 200k a week to Rooney would seem like good business as Rooney is a much better player. That way, you don't have to rely on Lukaku starting like a train. And you would still have Ba for the unimportant matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well Mata wont be playing in the number 10 role from next year.
    Mourinho will also have provided reassurance to Fernando Torres, David Luiz, John Obi Mikel and Juan Mata; four players who are not in Asia and have been linked with moves away from Chelsea. “I don’t want the team to sell,” he said. “We are very much on board and connected, me and the board and the owner. We don’t need to sell players; we are happy with the group we have. I will try to close my door well so nobody leaves.”

Mourinho, though, says he is happy with his other attacking options and revealed that 4-2-3-1 will be the preferred formation. “It is my favourite system. I think it is a natural system for all these players to play. Mata is the only left-footed player we have when we want to play with a winger on the right side, so I will play him there but he can also play No10. I need to get to know him better.

“The competition is hard. We will have Andre Schurrle, Kevin De Bruyne, Mata, Oscar, Eden Hazard and Victor Moses for these three positions. It’s fantastic

I fully expect Hazard or Oscar to play there this season.

Mata--Oscar--Hazard

Malouda has joined Trabzonspor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Malouda has joined Trabzonspor

Best of luck to him hope he does well.

And some people wonder why we were upset when he was sacked, well he was one of us for sure.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/di-matteo-says-chelsea-fans-give-him-goosebumps-and-he-ll-return-

So glad he enjoyed the 16th minute of matches.

And some people wonder why we were upset when he was sacked, well he was one of us for sure.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/di-matteo-says-chelsea-fans-give-him-goosebumps-and-he-ll-return-

a class act

a class act

Absolutely

Best thing about his sacking it led to the eventual signing of Jose back.

• Advertisement

Ourselves and Arsenal will be linked with him until he moves elsewhere IMO.

No disrespect to Arsenal but I reckon we'll be closer to Utd this season so if both of us offer Rooney a deal I reckon Arsenal would be the lesser of two evils but Rooney is the kind of player that could fire you to the top so I'd say Utd if they do sell would hope for a European team to bid.

What time is k/o today in GMT?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

What time is k/o today in GMT?

1:45

Utd reject our Rooney bid. - SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Would love to see where this rumour started, everyone reporting we offered £10m and either Mata or Luiz? Madness.

Utd reject our Rooney bid. - SSN

According to the Daily Fail ST£10m plus either Mata or Luiz. Rooney and ST£10m from ManU for either would be a bad deal for Chelsea who are the fail trying to kid.

Mata wont be part of any deal.

Jose expects to work with him and Mata rubbished exit rumours, wont happen and they dont need another CB.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

United trying to save face here by leaking this stupid story,

Lost on TA- We never wanted him
    Not a hope on getting Cesc- We never wanted him
    Loosing Rooney - Chelsea have bid two of there best players from him , bizarre stuff really

There aint a snowballs hope in hell that we offered either Mata or Luiz for Rooney .

Daily Mail rumour which neither Sky Sports or The Guardian (a somewhat more reliable paper) are reporting. As long as that remains the case I feel confident we'll keep Mata and Luiz.

You'd imagine this first bid was just to test the waters and add to the unease of the player. It seems almost inevitable that if Rooney is to move this Summer he will have to hand in a transfer request, thus waving the money owed to him.

If, big if, we were to get him it'd be a super signing. A striker who almost guarantees 30 goals on a season, playing in front of the best attacking trio in the league. It's the kind of signing that could shift the balance of power in England and perhaps even further, Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Really hope that this Rooney bid is not for real.........a straight cash deal possibly but why oh why would we give them Mata or Luiz..... no way Jose

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Mata is worth upwards of 35+ alone ,

Luiz upwards of 30 +

Then 10 mil on top , get off the stage :pac::pac::pac:

Both players are younger , fitter , more professional and Chelsea fan favourites , not a hope this is in anyway remotely true ,

Its the Man U PR machine in overdrive ! and not in a Fergie style either , its laughable

I have been following this fella a while and his info always seem to be solid enough

BlueTinted Gaz ‏@BlueTintedGaz 1m
    Confirmed: there has been NO BID..more to follow

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, if BlueTintedGaz says so...

BBC and The Guardian reporting the Mata or Luiz + 10 million for Rooney deal now. I feel slightly sick as a result. I feel sick because it seems Mourinho doesn't rate either player that highly, I feel sick because Man Utd have rejected the offer and surely both players will be less than impressed that they were being discarded. I feel sick because the gutter media, who foretold that Mourinho didnt rate either player, have been vindicated I feel sick because both had, I thought, so much more to offer to Chelsea.

However much I may not like it though Mourinho has to be trusted. If he feels that Mata is too lightweight, that he doesn't fit into the system as he'd like (and apparently he isn't going to start as the number 10 anyway), if he feels that defensively he is too much of a liability then we have to trust that Mourinho feels De Bruyne and Oscar are better options in that position. If he feels that because we have De Bruyne and Oscar and we have less quality options up front that Rooney would be more valuable than Mata then so be it.

I don't know what to say about Luiz. I really hope we keep him.

Mata is going nowhere, Jose said so, Mata has said so.

Its just not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I don't think Mata will be a happy man after hearing this news.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Mourinho is not an idiot, and only an idiot would be offering Mata plus money for Rooney. Mata is definitely worth a decent bit more than Rooney.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's assuming Mourinho is in charge of transfer negotiations.

• Advertisement

:pac:

262952.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement