Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Dont know how much longer Rafa will last , another tactically inept performance from him today

That was at half time. I'm no fan of Benitez whatsoever, but there's no point abusing him at least until the final whistle went. Can't be helping the players either hearing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Ha, the Chelsea 'support' are a right bizarre bunch of people. Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Renn wrote: »
    Ha, the Chelsea 'support' are a right bizarre bunch of people. Baffling.

Because no other team has ever been booed off by their own support? Of course they have, this is not exclusive to Chelsea, Liverpool fans abused their chairmen regularly when Hicks and Gilette were there, Man Utd. abuse their chairman, Blackburn booed everyone in management and above, Arsenal fans have booed Wenger off at half time, England fans have seen off many a manager, Ireland fans have vented at Trap, Newcastle fans at Ashley, and increasingly Pardew, in fact, QPR fans at Fernandes today, any teams all the way down the league ladders, fans boo when things aren't going well or with things they don't agree with etc etc etc etc etc etc. Football fans aren't sophisticated generally, not just Chelsea fans.

They support the Club, not necessarily the players that play for them at a particular time, the manager who manages at that time or owner who owns at that time. The support will be there long after them, and were probably there long before them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Because unlike Roman and his "advisors", we know what he did to Inter.
    Turned them from a winning team to a medicore one, going out of every competition and along the way increased training which led to injurys. Got his tactics totally wrong against spurs. Sound familier?

Inter were finished after Mourinho, which I'm sure you know and everyone else who makes that point knows.

Is anyone surprised if Benitez ignored the fans as he walked off at this stage. If I was him and it was up to me, I'd refuse them entry at this stage, they are no help to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

dfx- wrote: »
    Inter were finished after Mourinho, which I'm sure you know and everyone else who makes that point knows.

Is anyone surprised if Benitez ignored the fans as he walked off at this stage. If I was him and it was up to me, I'd refuse them entry at this stage, they are no help to the team.

Nonsense, it's up to Rafa to get them on his side. So far he is failing spectacularly and u want to ban the fans? lol.

• Advertisement

Their support or lack of has made no difference for any other manager. And they're never going to be on his side, so they don't deserve a second glance tbh when they are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Their support or lack of has made no difference for any other manager. And they're never going to be on his side, so they don't deserve a second glance tbh when they are like that.

Ah here...

Are you seriously suggesting Rafa just blanks them? In turn makes the fans worse which will have a worse effect on the players!

What he should be doing is trying to get the fans on his side, meaning less booing and having a positive effect on the players would you not think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

In that video... why does it say Rafa ignores fans????

What the hell was he supposed to do?

Im not a fan of Rafa at all but it doesnt make sense to me..

What has he done wrong there?

Ah here...

Are you seriously suggesting Rafa just blanks them? In turn makes the fans worse which will have a worse effect on the players!

What he should be doing is trying to get the fans on his side, meaning less booing and having a positive effect on the players would you not think?

So the fans should just stop anyway then yeah?

It's up to the fans to choose how they focus their energy - between support of the team or to criticise their manager and make things worse for their team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So the fans should just stop anyway then yeah?

It's up to the fans to choose how they focus their energy - between support of the team or to criticise their manager and make things worse for their team.

They are supporting the team and venting their anger at half time and full time. Might not agree with it myself but laughing at your suggestion to ban them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

transfer news from the newpapers this morning

the sun
    Chelsea have made a sensational bid to try and re-sign Didier Drogba.

daily mirror
    Chelsea are making a surprise deadline bid to grab Birmingham keeper Jack Butland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thank christ i wasnt around yesterday, after recording the match and not checking the scoreline I was shocked at the display.

Bertrand and Marin were useless, Cahill and Ivan werent up to it, Lamps and Ramires were out fought and out played for large parts, Torres wasnt anywhere to be found, Turnbull is just useless anyway so no shock there.

Only really changed when Mata came on, it was never a penalty for their 2nd goal but TBH they should have never got the space to setup the attack which led to it, Ba's battling to setup Torres goal was good to see, we got off the line while having a decent penalty shout turned down ourselves.

Only consoliation is we wont make the same mistakes at home.....I hope.

The players have to shoulder alot of blame, sure the pitch and conditions arent what they're used to but they were so timid by and large yesterday, Oscar, Mata, Cole were the only players I felt that played to an acceptable level the rest were coasting it.

Anyone know when the replay is penciled in for??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Can Ram and Lamps play together? I have to say Ram was shocking yesterday and whilst Turnbull is a poor keeper the lazy way ram gave the ball to Brentford left him very exposed. Good dive by the striker indeed but the fault for that goal for me was all with Ram.

Marin was poor but he seemed to work hard was up and down the line and drifting into the middle for the ball, he had little or no support from Ivan though who seems to be going through something of a crisis since the home Swans game.

Worse four players on the Chelsea side definitely Lamps, Ram, Ivan and Cahill so whilst I thought Marin and Ryan were poor I would not be overly critical as our midfield was again too deep and too negative.

It was nice to see Oscar get another run in what I think is his best position he played well took his goal great and worked his socks off again.

I believe the replay will be scheduled for the 5th round weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Can Ram and Lamps play together? I have to say Ram was shocking yesterday and whilst Turnbull is a poor keeper the lazy way ram gave the ball to Brentford left him very exposed. Good dive by the striker indeed but the fault for that goal for me was all with Ram.

Marin was poor but he seemed to work hard was up and down the line and drifting into the middle for the ball, he had little or no support from Ivan though who seems to be going through something of a crisis since the home Swans game.

Worse four players on the Chelsea side definitely Lamps, Ram, Ivan and Cahill so whilst I thought Marin and Ryan were poor I would not be overly critical as our midfield was again too deep and too negative.

It was nice to see Oscar get another run in what I think is his best position he played well took his goal great and worked his socks off again.

I believe the replay will be scheduled for the 5th round weekend

ram-ch.jpgP416265.jpg

I'm really not sure they're compatible.

thoughts on yesterdays game
    collectively the team looked at the pitch and didn't fancy it at all
    lamps and ramieres gave the ball away the whole afternoon .
    marin was dreadful ,
    cahill had his worst game in a chelsea shirt ,
    oscar maybe had his best
    mata got things going a bit in the 2nd half
    not sure how the ref didn't give a peno at the end.
    good dive by the brentford striker and the ref bought it
    Ba looked good when he came on

lucky to get out of there with a draw

peteeeed wrote: »
    thoughts on yesterdays game
    collectively the team looked at the pitch and didn't fancy it at all
    lamps and ramieres gave the ball away the whole afternoon .
    marin was dreadful ,
    cahill had his worst game in a chelsea shirt ,
    oscar maybe had his best
    mata got things going a bit in the 2nd half
    not sure how the ref didn't give a peno at the end.
    good dive by the brentford striker and the ref bought it
    Ba looked good when he came on

lucky to get out of there with a draw

Thats the main part.

Had we gone out yesterday there would have been serious calls for Rafa's head.

Torres goal was a good finish and apart from Oscar's goal I cant really remember the Brentford keeper having much else to do.

We lost nearly every aerial battle, the wind didnt help too but we just werent up for it, Brentford will feel hard done, they had a really good chance of putting us out bu tI think they'll be put to the sword at the Bridge.

Inter were finished after Jose were they? All bar one of the side which started our interim's managers first game for Inter played Serie A football last season bar Eto'o who is still strutting his stuff in Russia and doing well enough. The majority for Inter by the way, their keeper joined QPR at the start of this season and is part of the reason they have some chance (if slim) to stay up.

So no Inter were not finished when Jose left.

You also seem to forget we were well in the mix in the premier league when he joined. We were very unfortunate in the league match at home to ManU had that gone our way we would have still been top.

And you would refuse the fans who protest his presence entry, the fans who follow Chelsea home and away in any weather. These are the people you obviously think have no feeling for the club. Let me tell you these fans are the life blood of the club people such as Mark Worrall and Dan Levene, do yourself a favour and follow them on Twitter (rather than made-up stats who you must follow if your Inter comment is to be believed) and then tell me people such as these should be banned.

Inter were finished after Jose were they? All bar one of the side which started our interim's managers first game for Inter played Serie A football last season bar Eto'o who is still strutting his stuff in Russia and doing well enough. The majority for Inter by the way, their keeper joined QPR at the start of this season and is part of the reason they have some chance (if slim) to stay up.

So no Inter were not finished when Jose left.

You also seem to forget we were well in the mix in the premier league when he joined. We were very unfortunate in the league match at home to ManU had that gone our way we would have still been top.

And you would refuse the fans who protest his presence entry, the fans who follow Chelsea home and away in any weather. These are the people you obviously think have no feeling for the club. Let me tell you these fans are the life blood of the club people such as Mark Worrall and Dan Levene, do yourself a favour and follow them on Twitter (rather than made-up stats who you must follow if your Inter comment is to be believed) and then tell me people such as these should be banned.

On the other hand, if it was all Rafa, and considering he had no say in any transfers, why did they finish 6th the following season without any of his bad influence?

Personally, I agree with you that fans shouldn't be refused entry for making their feelings known, but I firmly believe they should be supporting their team, not undermining them. I wouldn't mind so much if the shouts were a consequence of results, but instead they've been there since before his first match in charge, and as such have likely had a hand in some of the bad home results.

I mean, look at it this way - last 8 league games. 6 wins, a draw and a loss. The draw and loss occur at home. That's great league form, and with some more fervent home support, could have been even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On the other hand, if it was all Rafa, and considering he had no say in any transfers, why did they finish 6th the following season without any of his bad influence?

Personally, I agree with you that fans shouldn't be refused entry for making their feelings known, but I firmly believe they should be supporting their team, not undermining them. I wouldn't mind so much if the shouts were a consequence of results, but instead they've been there since before his first match in charge, and as such have likely had a hand in some of the bad home results.

I mean, look at it this way - last 8 league games. 6 wins, a draw and a loss. The draw and loss occur at home. That's great league form, and with some more fervent home support, could have been even better.

Its not like he inherited a bunch of nobodys at Inter in all fairness

I think its stupid that the fans are still giving out about Benitez, we get it at this stage, some dont want him, thats plain to see and hear.

The fact hes here at all should show he was willing to take on the challenge and that it wasnt going to get to him.

People have their opinion and they're entitled to it, especially if you're apying good money to go see Chelsea home or away.

The main vocal section of abuse should lie with Roman and the board for appointing him at all, if people so want to make a song and dance about Rafa then the buck literally stops with his employers.

roman has done some excellent things withthis club but for every good thing comes a negative.

I applaud Rafa for taking on the job, especially given his Liverpool ties but then it can also be said if we wen and won the Club world Cup and got to the final of the League Cup and hadnt been out done by QPR at home, to name a few then he could potentially ahve more fans onside.

Now had he blitzed the league and we were within a few points of Utd less people would be vocal but the way the club is at the moment its goes :

Are Chelsea losing?
    Yes - Blame Rafa, dont bring on Torres.
    No - Mustnt have anything to do with the manager.

Is Torres playing and has he scored?
    Yes - Must be playing a sh*te team.
    No - Blame Rafa, get on <insert anyone's name here>

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »

What I mean is, with him not influencing transfers, if it was all his fault then logically the following season they should have reverted to type with no signings there as a hangover of his tenure. But they didn't. They finished 6th. So it would appear there was more to it than Rafa being a big meanie and ruining everything.

DazMarz wrote: »
    We have a terrible reputation already for managers; since 2004, several world class and a couple of very good managers have come and gone. The world class ones would be José, Carlo and Guus (albeit he left of his own free will; I'll always believe not enough was done to keep him). The very good ones would have been Ranieri, DiMatteo (given more time, who knows) and AVB (same as DiMatteo). Scolari and Grant were never any great shakes.

The fact is, we've gone through more managers in 10 years or so than most clubs go through in 25 years or more. It's a sick fact.

Obvious fact is obvious: José should never have been let go in the first place; failing that, Carlo should never have been let go.

Jose is becoming a 3 seasons a club manager, albeit 3 successful seasons. Going by that, Chelsea got the max out of him.

As an outsider looking in at Chelsea, letting Ancelotti go was utter madness and look whats happened since. Really stupid decision.

I can see where you are coming from Rebel but the fact remains our interim is not wanted by a large section of our supporters, I have been following Chelsea for over 40 years and have never come across a situation as bad as this even back in the late 70's and early 80's when we were a bad bad side.

Popular managers have been sacked before in pre Roman times Tommy Doc and Eddie Mac got us out of the old second division in bad times with young sides playing great football (poor old Eddie never even got to lead us in the first division for one game for having the cheek to want a car rather than a beaten up old van to travel to matches in). More recently when Rudi, Luka, Jose and Carlo got the chop there was support for the new guy and upset with the board or chairman. I would have thought anyone can see that this is a vast departure for Chelsea fans and how they interact with a new manager.

As for Inter they did win the Coppa Italia the season after Jose so I don't accept that team was finished, I think it was Benetized :-).

Jose had that Inter team playing beyond its capabilities IMO for large prts of matches, he got the tactics spot on for nearly every UCL game in his 2nd season.

Beating Barca & Bayern on the way to win it was something I ddint expect that Inter team to do, especially in the manner that they did it.

FWIW, Jose had everyone playing for everyone, its what he does, couple that with his knowledge and understanding of the game and the fact his game plan was flawless they won a great treble.

Jose the coach is a better coach then Rafa ever will be and thats the difference, by and large the same aquad, 2 different managers, 2 different approaches, 2 very different out comes.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What I mean is, with him not influencing transfers, if it was all his fault then logically the following season they should have reverted to type with no signings there as a hangover of his tenure. But they didn't. They finished 6th. So it would appear there was more to it than Rafa being a big meanie and ruining everything.

Sometimes a manager and a group of players click and sometimes they don't. After winning the CL with Jose of course the pressure/anticipation was high to follow on.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jose had that Inter team playing beyond its capabilities IMO for large prts of matches, he got the tactics spot on for nearly every UCL game in his 2nd season.

Beating Barca & Bayern on the way to win it was something I ddint expect that Inter team to do, especially in the manner that they did it.

FWIW, Jose had everyone playing for everyone, its what he does, couple that with his knowledge and understanding of the game and the fact his game plan was flawless they won a great treble.

Jose the coach is a better coach then Rafa ever will be and thats the difference, by and large the same aquad, 2 different managers, 2 different approaches, 2 very different out comes.

I think Jose jumped ship at exactly the right time, went out on top. As you say, he had the team playing above the sum of their parts, Benitez simply couldn't replicate that (not many could in fairness). The solidarity that Jose brought to the likes of Chelsea & Inter makes it difficult for the next manager in a strange kind of way. If things start to nose-dive, its almost as if the players are pining for Jose and don't play with the same lives on the line intensity they did when Jose was in charge

the reply is on 17th feb, i have a flight booked from london to dublin that morning. time to get screwed by ryanair

I would hardly call Eto'o, Cesar, Sneijder, Chivo, Samuel and Pandev nobodies
    Jose is becoming a 3 seasons a club manager, albeit 3 successful seasons. Going by that, Chelsea got the max out of him.

As an outsider looking in at Chelsea, letting Ancelotti go was utter madness and look whats happened since. Really stupid decision.

Absolutely the decision and the manner in which it was carried out was terrible.
    I think Jose jumped ship at exactly the right time, went out on top. As you say, he had the team playing above the sum of their parts, Benitez simply couldn't replicate that (not many could in fairness). The solidarity that Jose brought to the likes of Chelsea & Inter makes it difficult for the next manager in a strange kind of way. If things start to nose-dive, its almost as if the players are pining for Jose and don't play with the same lives on the line intensity they did when Jose was in charge

That is possible but when Jose got axed from us Avram got us to within a post of winning the champions league and within 2 points of the league

Still never mind was good to see JT back yesterday.

the reply is on 17th feb, i have a flight booked from london to dublin that morning. time to get screwed by ryanair

Well at least if the FA do extend the Hazard ban to 5 games he will be back in time for City nicely rested and hopefully with a point to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

If Chelsea fans need to direct their anger they are doing it to the wrong person. The only man to blame here is Mr Abramovich. He got rid of RDM and hire Benitez when it was clear that the fans didn't want him. Looking at Benitez record its not bad tbh.

Benitez at Chelsea

P18 W10 D4 L4 %55.56

In the league it's the following

P11 W6 D3 L2 %54.54

The reason the fans wont direct the anger to Abramovich is they are scared he will up sticks and they are left in the sh1ts.

Not sure about that luckycharms if you go on to the chat forum on the official Chelsea web site you will find the majority there are very critical of RA and dont care if he buggers off with his money in tow. Also do you remember the response Bruce Buck got on the pitch when he was presenting Petr with a salver or some such for 400 appearances, apparently the board and RA were shocked with the vitriol of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

If Chelsea fans need to direct their anger they are doing it to the wrong person. The only man to blame here is Mr Abramovich. He got rid of RDM and hire Benitez when it was clear that the fans didn't want him. Looking at Benitez record its not bad tbh.

Benitez at Chelsea

P18 W10 D4 L4 %55.56

In the league it's the following

P11 W6 D3 L2 %54.54

The reason the fans wont direct the anger to Abramovich is they are scared he will up sticks and they are left in the sh1ts.

RA never communicates with the fans or puts himself in front of the fans, if he did he would get a fair share of abuse. The booing of bruce buck recently sends the message to the board that the fans are sick of this managerial merry go round. Bringing in benitez was idiotic, if the board were even a little bit in touch with the fans they would have known that benitez would be extremely unpopular.

The next move by RA is key. If he brings back jose he could completely appease the fans but if chelsea continue as they have been the last few years then many fans patience with roman will be up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I don't understand why any Chelsea fan would want to upset RA and tell him to go.
    He has ploughed his money into making Chelsea into a genuine top club who can compete on a level with any of the so called big clubs worldwide, whether its on the football pitch, facilities or in the transfer market.
    As a fan since the 70's, I can still remember all those lean years winning nothing apart from he odd cup and looking to get to the 40 point mark before relaxing.

On a separate note, on ITV4 yesterday morning they were showing an old "Big Match" from Jan 79 between Man City and Chelsea. Snow covered pitch, orange ball and the likes of Droy, Osgood, Walker,Langley, Bonnetti playing - great nostalgia - a 3 2 win with Walker scoring the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I can see where you are coming from Rebel but the fact remains our interim is not wanted by a large section of our supporters, I have been following Chelsea for over 40 years and have never come across a situation as bad as this even back in the late 70's and early 80's when we were a bad bad side.

Benitez wasn't wanted by a large section of your supporters from the off, and the intensity of abuse from the very start shows it was about him personally, and not about football.

Whatever about booing at the end of the game, the Chelsea fans need to realise that they're not at the service desk in harrods in a customer role, they're there to support their team, and the majority didn't do that, in fact they contributed largely against that philosophy. I very much doubt it's doing any of the players, particularly the younger ones, any favours

• Advertisement

My God are the Daily Mail turning into Chelsea fans????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2269299/Eden-Hazard-ball-boy-kick-charge-shows-FA-hypocrites--Martin-Samuel.html

Or do they just really dislike the FA??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Even people like Rod Liddle, who hate Chelsea are backing Hazard on this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2269299/Eden-Hazard-ball-boy-kick-charge-shows-FA-hypocrites--Martin-Samuel.html

Traditionally, both are from the same political stable. If the mail were going to support one premier league club, Chelsea are the logical choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I find this part of the article the most interesting.
    an angry Oxford fan, wrote to the FA asking what action would be taken against Ritchie. Knowing what we know of the FA’s take on Hazard, Ritchie’s yellow card would also have been deemed insufficient, one imagines. The FA made a direct link in their statement between Hazard’s actions and the offence of violent conduct and, coincidentally, that was among the points raised by Francis in his letter.
    He wrote: ‘I would be interested to know for what offence Ritchie was cautioned by Mr Salisbury. To my mind, the altercation with the ball boy was a clear case of violent conduct. Violent conduct is defined in Law 12 as “using excessive force or brutality against a team-mate, spectator, match official or any other person”. Law 12 goes on to say that a player guilty of an offence of violent conduct must be sent off.

And this was the FA response. ‘Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The FA have investigated and liaised with Oxford United on this matter. The player was cautioned by the referee for the incident and has subsequently apologised to the satisfaction of the ball boy and Oxford United.’ So much for the hard line.

The best thing is becasue Howard Webb seen Whelans tackle on J.Garcia at the weekend, the FA arent taking more steps against a potential career ending tackle but Hazard's toe poke could see him out for longer then 3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Traditionally, both are from the same political stable. If the mail were going to support one premier league club, Chelsea are the logical choice

This comment is ****ed up is so many ways:rolleyes:

Just seen on twitter that Conor Clifford is on trial with Sheffield United, he's in their u21 squad thats playing later on today. Not sure if its a loan deal or a permanent one.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    This comment is ****ed up is so many ways:rolleyes:

The article is written by Martin Samuel, the same Martin Samuel who had certain views on the likes of 'the fields of athenry' being sung by Irish fans, in support of a club who's fans have been known for their support of right wing groups such as the national front, UDA etc in a notoriously xenophobic paper

My point isn't that Chelsea are a right wing club, it's that traditionally, a well known Chelsea fans group are known to have similar views to that of the daily mail, hence there is logic behind the daily mail supporting Chelsea more so then any other team in the league

The article is written by Martin Samuel, the same Martin Samuel who had certain views on the likes of 'the fields of athenry' being sung by Irish fans, in support of a club who's fans have been known for their support of right wing groups such as the national front, UDA etc in a notoriously xenophobic paper

My point isn't that Chelsea are a right wing club, it's that traditionally, a well known Chelsea fans group are known to have similar views to that of the daily mail, hence there is logic behind the daily mail supporting Chelsea more so then any other team in the league

tinfoil-hat-guy.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Martin Samuel is a troll in the media the writes pieces that he hopes causes a bit of a stir and a reaction from fans.
    He's wrote a few pieces recently that has caused a fuss like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2243241/Joey-Barton-footballs-gay-hero--Martin-Samuel.html

Ignore him and hopefully he will go away sometime.

amiable wrote: »
    Martin Samuel is a troll in the media the writes pieces that he hopes causes a bit of a stir and a reaction from fans.
    He's wrote a few pieces recently that has caused a fuss like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2243241/Joey-Barton-footballs-gay-hero--Martin-Samuel.html

Ignore him and hopefully he will go away sometime.

he's the guy on the sunday supplement on sky sports who looks like jabba the hut . writes some truly terrible pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

So because a minority of Chelsea fans in the dim and distant past were members of extreme right-wing groups, the policy-makers at the Daily Mail sat down and instructed all its journalists to henceforth give up any existing club allegiances they had, and support Chelsea?

You sir have a very fertile imagination!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

he's the guy on the sunday supplement on sky sports who looks like jabba the hut . writes some truly terrible pieces

Previously with The Times too

amiable wrote: »
    Previously with The Times too
    Also the News of the world :rolleyes:

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Also the News of the world :rolleyes:

west ham fan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement