Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I don't think Mata will be a happy man after hearing this news.

I'm sure he knows where he stands, more so then a tabloid.

He wont be leaving, why would we offer a CB and or a CAM to Ut for Rooney when they need a CM? :confused:

And why would we offer our best CB and best CAM? :confused:

IF and its a large if, Rooney is bought it will be after or followed quickly by the selling of Torres to offset Rooneys wages.

What will happen from our end is, Mata will sign an extension thats the only thing I'm sure of out of all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd say they are just guessing its Mata/Luiz. The information was a bid plus a player. It makes no sense to get rid of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm sure he knows where he stands, more so then a tabloid.

He wont be leaving, why would we offer a CB and or a CAM to Ut for Rooney when they need a CM? :confused:

And why would we offer our best CB and best CAM? :confused:

IF and its a large if, Rooney is bought it will be after or followed quickly by the selling of Torres to offset Rooneys wages.

What will happen from our end is, Mata will sign an extension thats the only thing I'm sure of out of all this.
    Ben Smith is no tabloid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342660

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That's assuming Mourinho is in charge of transfer negotiations.

Very true. I'd be extremely surprised if that wasn't the case though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That's assuming Mourinho is in charge of transfer negotiations.

There is a buying board in Chelsea in which the manager has the final veto or say , it involves the manager all throughout the process

Jose said this also , when commenting on the Shevchenko deal , We wanted Eto and when we could not get him Jose said Shevchenko was the only other player that could fit into the role he was looking for.

The Myth that Roman buys who he wants was also put to bed by Carlo , on the Torres deal

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If this story is true, the only rationale I can envisage is that Mourinho views acquiring a top quality CF as a necessity while he views having three central creative AMs in Hazard, Oscar and Mata as a luxury. Perhaps he just doesn't really fancy using any of them in wide positions.

If this story is true, the only rationale I can envisage is that Mourinho views acquiring a top quality CF as a necessity while he views having three central creative AMs in Hazard, Oscar and Mata as a luxury. Perhaps he just doesn't really fancy using any of them in wide positions.

Jose plan is to play Mata from the Right Wing as hes our only Left legged natural player in the squad, like Di Maria at Real.

Confirmed as much this morning in Asia.

Jose plan is to play Mata from the Right Wing as hes our only Left legged natural player in the squad, like Di Maria at Real.

So why offer Mata to Man United? Ben Smith doesn't deal in rumours. If he says the offer was made you can be pretty sure it was made.

While I don't believe the story, talk is cheap.

amiable wrote: »
    So why offer Mata to Man United? Ben Smith doesn't deal in rumours. If he says the offer was made you can be pretty sure it was made.
    While I don't believe the story, talk is cheap.

Until Rooney is at Chelsea and Mata in Manchester I'm calling this one lies.

We've no need to sell Mata and not to a rival, no matter what player is coming our way.

i'd be more inclined to believe Marca and a Real Madrid bid at this stage.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Mata will not end up at Manchester Utd by the end of this window.

Bookmark it if ye like. :cool:

• Advertisement

We've no need to sell Mata and not to a rival, no matter what player is coming our way.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Mata will not end up at Manchester Utd by the end of this window.

Saying Mata will not end up at United is of course a very real possibilty of course but that doesn't mean he wasn't offered to Man United in a bid for Rooney last night.
    When it comes to transfer info I don't believe you can far wrong with Ben Smith.
    I'm amazed about it too but you just never know what can happen when it comes to Chelsea

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'd be shocked if Mata doesn't sign a new contract before the end of the deadline. Really is one of the most ridiculous stories I've heard.

Saying Mata will not end up at United is of course a very real possibilty of course but that doesn't mean he wasn't offered to Man United in a bid for Rooney last night.
    When it comes to transfer info I don't believe you can far wrong with Ben Smith.
    I'm amazed about it too but you just never know what can happen when it comes to Chelsea

If the bid did happen then both Chelsea and United are pretty stupid. Chelsea for offering and United for rejecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Have to agree here, Utd, sorry, any team would take your hand off if you offered Mata, let alone 10mil and Mata.

Could have been Malouda and 10mil ? ;) We all know journo's can't type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I've been very quiet for a while, but I will say this. Chelsea cannot sell Mata. Sell. To use him then as part-player-exchange is the ultimate slap in the face. He's been Chelsea's best player by a country mile for the past 2 seasons and has scored some crucial goals. He's up there amongst the best players in the world at this stage. For him to leave the club in any way is sheer, utter lunacy. Nothing else.

Hopefully it's all tabloid bollocks at this stage. But if Chelsea let Mata go, there is something seriously, terribly wrong. Would be the ultimate sin. And especially to let him go to United.

Johner wrote: »
    If the bid did happen then both Chelsea and United are pretty stupid. Chelsea for offering and United for rejecting it.
    This is the amazing bit that makes no sense unless United are trying to bleed a bit more out of any deal as it's Chelsea and they have the cash?
    If I was United I'd accept a straight swap for Mata as I think Mata is a sublime talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd be fúcking sick if we offered Mata for Rooney. The club need to take the finger out ASAP and deny this.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd be fúcking sick if we offered Mata for Rooney. The club need to take the finger out ASAP and deny this.
    Denying it doesn't mean it hasn't happened either. There were plenty of denials surrounding Torres before his deal by both clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ben Smith was IMO jumping on the bandwagon, every other Tom, Dick and Harry was reporting it. Hell SSN have even downgraded it now and are somewhat playing it down, repeating it over and over again " we don't know specifics about the bid" It's not even in the ticker any more, it just says bid for Rooney rejected.

No mata ( :P ) what way you look at this it makes no sense, both manager and player publicly came out and said that he was staying sthum, Mata saying so very passionately. It would also be akin to UTD selling RVP to city for 10mil & Scott Sinclair...

Anyway lads the ashes is more important :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mourinho on Chelsea TV last night: "Ivanovic, Mata & Luiz are not leaving. We are not a selling club. We are not Arsenal."

• Advertisement

Ben Smith was IMO jumping on the bandwagon, every other Tom, Dick and Harry was reporting it. Hell SSN have even downgraded it now and are somewhat playing it down, repeating it over and over again " we don't know specifics about the bid" It's not even in the ticker any more, it just says bid for Rooney rejected.

No mata ( :P ) what way you look at this it makes no sense, both manager and player publicly came out and said that he was staying sthum, Mata saying so very passionately. It would also be akin to UTD selling RVP to city for 10mil & Scott Sinclair...

Anyway lads the ashes is more important :rolleyes:
    Ben Smith in my experience doesn't jump on the bandwagon. Quite the contrary actually he's usually the one to rubbish such bids.
    It's funny that some in here are willing to give more credibility to Goal and The Star than a really credible journalist like Ben Smith(not you specifically)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

if we sell mata I will cry

a lot

It just doesn't add up.

Mata is worth 35m+ on the open market.

Mata + 10m is 45m, for an opening gambit? Nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ben Smith in my experience doesn't jump on the bandwagon. Quite the contrary actually he's usually the one to rubbish such bids.
    It's funny that some in here are willing to give more credibility to Goal and The Star than a really credible journalist like Ben Smith(not you specifically)

I agree with you, but it can and does happen, even to the best of them.

If he is 100% certain (as he said on his twitter account) that the offer was made why did he not state which player, why say Mata or Luiz??? It all makes no sense to me because of this.

The deal would be ludicrous if it was Mata, without doubt chelsea best player the past 2 years if he does go (which I think is very unlikely) I most definitely cannot see it being to one of our title rivals. If it was Luiz it would be bad business too, not only because of the potential ability of the player but also because he is a fans favourite so letting him go in a deal plus cash to UTD would not go down well, it wouldn't make sense financially either.

Nothing would surprise me with Chelsea TBH, but even this story I believe is a bit too far fetched to be true.

On the Goal.com comment, I'd rate SSN not much better than them TBH, that way I was saying they had downgraded it to a bid rejected with them saying they don't know any details.

I agree with you, but it can and does happen, even to the best of them.

If he is 100% certain (as he said on his twitter account) that the offer was made why did he not state which player, why say Mata or Luiz??? It all makes no sense to me because of this.

The deal would be ludicrous if it was Mata, without doubt chelsea best player the past 2 years if he does go (which I think is very unlikely) I most definitely cannot see it being to one of our title rivals. If it was Luiz it would be bad business too, not only because of the potential ability of the player but also because he is a fans favourite so letting him go in a deal plus cash to UTD would not go down well, it wouldn't make sense financially either.

Nothing would surprise me with Chelsea TBH, but even this story I believe is a bit too far fetched to be true.

On the Goal.com comment, I'd rate SSN not much better than them TBH, that way I was saying they had downgraded it to a bid rejected with them saying they don't know any details.

He said it on his report on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342660
    Chelsea offered £10m in cash plus a player, either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.
    United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

As I said that wasn't specifically aimed at you :)

All clubs fans like to believe only the rumours the like themselves. It's just normal.

I have to say I'm very surprised that Chelsea haven't bid for Suarez

Offer should be £20 million + Mikel, we get Rooney and United get a player they've always wanted. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Offer should be £20 million + Mikel, we get Rooney and United get a player they've always wanted. :pac:
    I think United already did very well on the Mikel transfer

• Advertisement

I think United already did very well on the Mikel transfer

True!

Chelsea have admitted they made an offer for Rooney but deny they offered a player in the deal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 3m
    Chelsea confirm that they have made bid for Wayne Rooney but deny that offer included Mata or Luiz. Statement from club shortly ...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Lies its all Lies I Told you

Chelsea have admitted they made an offer for Rooney but deny they offered a player in the deal

Well Ben Smith , said we offered Mata so we must have :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

has to have been leaked from man u to scare chelsea off

• Advertisement

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 4m
    Chelsea: 'The terms of [Rooney] offer are confidential but for avoidance of doubt ... didn't include transfer or loan of any CFC players'
    Expand
    Matt Hughes ‏@MattHughesTimes 4m
    Chelsea strongly deny offering any player to United. They made a cash bid which was rejected. They're furious with Utd. Statement imminent.

Well Ben Smith , said we offered Mata so we must have :pac::pac::pac:
    And you believe everything Chelsea state. Like when they said they had no interest in Torres?

Matt Hughes ‏@MattHughesTimes 1m
    To clarify #cfc angry that two of their players have been thrown into the mix, which they blame on Utd. Insist Mata &. Luiz will both stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

that clown Jamie Jackson reported it. Wouldn't believe a word he types.

And you believe everything Chelsea state. Like when they said they had no interest in Torres?

That deal was never EVER on the table , simple

• Advertisement

That deal was never EVER on the table , simple

And you know this how?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

And you know this how?

because its completely unbelievable that they'd offer their best player plus cash to a rival, and that the rival would reject it!

And you know this how?

Common sense old bean , common sense :eek:

Plus quotes from people close to the club

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj 1m
    #CFC bid for Rooney was £20m cash. No players were offered. #MUFC

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj 1m
    Somewhere in the Liverpool thread, someone is doing mental back-flips to work this into being proof that Chelsea will ride in and offer £70m for Suarez as an opening bid...

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj 1m

That seems more believable!

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj 1m

If you are going to use McGarry as a source you are very naive. He's been proved to be a fraud on countless occassions.
    Its laughable that you use him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

20m - lol

If you are going to use McGarry as a source you are very naive. He's been proved to be a fraud on countless occassions.
    Its laughable that you use him.

Oh please.

Ben Smith used the same source as every other rag. The PA reported it from someone in the United camp in Sydney. Use common sense does that bid make any sense?

Sue Utd :pac:

Way I see it is its Utds PR dept going into overdrive.

Thiago bid fails and joins Bayern - release info of a failed Cesc bid within 24hours.

Rooney reacts to Moyes - Utd release details of Chelsea deal with news of cash + players.

For me its all down to Utd trying to save face.

Was there a bid made, probably, did it involve our best player, not a chance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement