Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Johner wrote: »
    That seems more believable!

Agreed it does but its probably a guess from him. His source at Chelsea has long dried up.
    Am I right in saying he can't even get a job in a rag nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

as an opening gambit 20 mill isn't outrageous, i'd say he'll be sold for 25 - 28m.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Oh please.

Good in depth point and well made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

amiable wrote: »
    Agreed it does but its probably a guess from him. His source at Chelsea has long dried up.
    Am I right in saying he can't even get a job in a rag nowadays?

Yeah McGarry talks alot of ****! He's now saying Mata is not for sale but Chelsea are willing to listen to offers for Luiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

GavRedKing wrote: »
    For me its all down to Utd trying to save face.

bingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good in depth point and well made.

Re read accidentally hit post from a phone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Maybe Chelsea want to sign Rooney to keep John Terry's mum happy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sue Utd :pac:

Way I see it is its Utds PR dept going into overdrive.

Thiago bid fails and joins Bayern - release info of a failed Cesc bid within 24hours.

Rooney reacts to Moyes - Utd release details of Chelsea deal with news of cash + players.

For me its all down to Utd trying to save face.

Was there a bid made, probably, did it involve our best player, not a chance.
    Could easily be Mourinho stirring the pot. Nobody knows where the story has come from but it's not saving face for United; it's making Moyes' life more difficult in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

The thing to consider I guess is would Chelsea value Mata at only ST£35m. He is a pivotal player for Chelsea and has won just about everything you can win in the game and he has yet to reach his peak.

In contrast to that would they then consider Luiz and Mata to be of equal value, this is possible but unlikely in my view.

Would Chelsea value a player with two years left on his contract who seems to be heading for open war with one of their main rivals for the premiership title at ST£45m?

Finally would they actively seek to unsettle these players and thereby reducing their potential transfer price by including them in a bid for Rooney.

The answer to all these questions could be yes but I think we have better business men at the club than that. Even if they wanted shot of Luiz and Mata this hamfisted approach can only damage relations within the club and their transfer fee logic dictates it is gibberish. Until there is some form of announcement from Chelsea saying they want to sell these players then I will let logic dictate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Could easily be Mourinho stirring the pot. Nobody knows where the story has come from but it's not saving face for United; it's making Moyes' life more difficult in my opinion.

I meant more so regarding transfer policy.

If it looks that youve lost Thiago but are in for Cesc thats not too bad, hes a better option.

If looks like your rival Chelsea have offered one of their best players and cash for Rooney, for me it shows backbone, that A) you wont sell so cheapily but B) you might sell at the right price or deal.

Lets not kid ourselves, Utd would get the better deal, marginally which is why I cant see it happening and it seems very early to stir the pot from Jose. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I seriously hope neither player is involved in a bid for Rooney, I'm not too gone on the idea of a bid for Rooney in the first place!

Another thing, if it was 20 million straight cash Utd will refuse until we up it to 35-40 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

chelsea's statment from sky sports news

Their statement read: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney.

"Although the terms of the offer are confidential, for avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is currently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase price does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8827852/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

peteeeed wrote: »
    chelsea's statment from sky sports news

Their statement read: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney.

"Although the terms of the offer are confidential, for avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is currently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase price does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United."

Excellent.

About time the club stood up the BS rumours.

Ben Smith me bollocks. :rolleyes:

That bid will have to be increased if we want him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

10m + Mata AND Luiz :p

• Advertisement

10m + Mata AND Luiz :p

Bargain.

Mata and Luiz in CM next year for Utd. :pac:

Excellent.

About time the club stood up the BS rumours.

Ben Smith me bollocks. :rolleyes:

Of course there's no chance that Chelsea would lie

Do you honestly think the club would make a bid of 45m for a player with 2 years left on his contract as an opening bid?

Do you think they are lying?

Rooney wants out.

Moyes says no we need you for cover

Rooney is angry and confused

Chelsea bid

Utd leak fake bid of cash + player

Chelsea release official statement.

Whats their to lie about? :confused: Until Utd release a statement I'm taking Chelseas as 100% correct.

Its not very often a club will confirm a bid was made, this was an exceptional case IMO.

Someone on the Utd end messed up leaking it, maybe hoping for a quick end to the Rooney transfer but theres no way it will involve a Chelsea player thank christ.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's just one of many possible scenarios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rooney wants out.

Chelsea bid

Whats their to lie about? :confused: Until Utd release a statement I'm taking Chelseas as 100% correct.

Its not very often a club will confirm a bid was made, this was an exceptional case IMO.

Someone on the Utd end messed up leaking it, maybe hoping for a quick end to the Rooney transfer but theres no way it will involve a Chelsea player thank christ.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Of course there's a possibility that Chelsea would lie. I don't think anyone on this board is so naive as to think clubs dont lie all the time.

I also think everyone is pretty sure the club aren’t lying about this particular ridiculous rumor. Mata + 10 mil, come on. United just come out of this looking very silly.

Do you think they are lying?

I don't know. They have in the past (like all clubs). I'm just playing Devils advocate.
    The hardest bit I found to believe was that United turned down the offer.

That's just one of many possible scenarios.

of 2 scenarios i can see.

One invovles a chelsea statement and a cash deal

The other is a utd leak of cash + players.

I'm going to believe Chelsea on this one for their statement on the matter.

Until Utd come out and say hold on a minute, its actually a bid of 10million and player X its an open and shut case of someone making a silly mistake.

Rooney wants out and someone at Utd has leaked a 2 + 2 = 5 transfer story from somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The bid obviously seems unbelievable but just asking didn't a number of sources float the idea earlier in the transfer window that Mata was one of the players thought to be surplus to requirement at the right price?

Opr

opr wrote: »
    The bid obviously seems unbelievable but just asking didn't a number of sources float the idea earlier in the transfer window that Mata was one of the players thought to be surplus to requirement at the right price?

Opr

Yup but Jose and Mata have both rubbished the claims on seperate occasions.

Maybe we'll sign Rooney but I can see Mata getting an extension from us and an increase on his weekly wage very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well that's made me feel much better. It was tough to believe that Mourinho would let players the calibre of Luiz and Mata leave, especially to a domestic rival.

For the way Man Utd have behaved I really do hope Chelsea and Rooney force through a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Well that's made me feel much better. It was tough to believe that Mourinho would let players the calibre of Luiz and Mata leave, especially to a domestic rival.

For the way Man Utd have behaved I really do hope Chelsea and Rooney force through a move.

:confused:

In other news our first pre season starts in 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

If United were to be offered cash + Mata (I don't think they were, FWIW), but it'd be a bloody good deal. Get rid of a player past his peak on high wages and bring in a player with his prime still ahead of him that could sit in behind RVP.

If Rooney does come, it'd be interesting if they could play Lukaku and Rooney up front together, but seems Jose is set on playing 4-2-3-1.

Rooney wants out.

Chelsea bid

If and its a big If that Mata was offered then the club has unsettled the player themselves.
    Rory Smith is suggesting this would be the first time a club has invented an offer that he knows of

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    :confused:

Reports are that Chelsea are furious that Man Utd leaked this transfer story.

Come on man, you gotta keep up to date with this stuff.

Also very much looking forward to this pre season game.

I think we've courted Rooney alot recently, Hazard, Cech and Jose have all had their say but this is also on the back of Moyes saying he'd be cover for RVP but also not sold at all.

Neither club are saints here, us for courting him and Utd for leaking.

If and its a big If that Mata was offered then the club has unsettled the player themselves.
    Rory Smith is suggesting this would be the first time a club has invented an offer that he knows of

There was an offer, just not the one that some sources claim.

Anybody watching the pre-season game?

Anybody watching the pre-season game?

Ye, Chelsea TV at the ready. Jason Cundy with some interesting comments on Rooney.

I don't know. They have in the past (like all clubs). I'm just playing Devils advocate.
    The hardest bit I found to believe was that United turned down the offer.

Chelsea never lie we are a bastion of truth and enlightenment, honest.

As I said in post 6510 the whole thing is devoid of logic so in this instance I would believe fully the Chelsea statement.

Thing is did ManU leak it? Why would they surely they would know refusing such an offer would make them look a little silly shall we say were it true. And if is not true they would look even sillier.

This has inventive journalism all over it.

Ye, Chelsea TV at the ready. Jason Cundy with some interesting comments on Rooney.

What did Cundy say?

• Advertisement

There was an offer, just not the one that some sources claim.

In fairness I hardly think anyone knows what offer was made. Chelsea statement proves nothing either way. Rory Smith on his twitter timeline is really pushing the idea that Chelsea are the ones making stuff up with that denial.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 1h
    @ayush_1901 I'm not saying I would - I think he's brilliant - but I'm saying the story looks true.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 45m
    @TNC_Chris Can't stress enough how odd it would be if United had just made the player-exchange stuff up. Unprecedented, almost.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    In fairness I hardly think anyone knows what offer was made. Chelsea statement proves nothing either way. Rory Smith on his twitter timeline is really pushing the idea that Chelsea are the ones making stuff up with that denial.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 1h
    @ayush_1901 I'm not saying I would - I think he's brilliant - but I'm saying the story looks true.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 45m
    @TNC_Chris Can't stress enough how odd it would be if United had just made the player-exchange stuff up. Unprecedented, almost.

Opr

He's also backing the Daily Mail story which has been updated to opening bid of 10m+ Mata/Luiz and a second bid of 22m. So offer effectively 45m first, then come back with a second offer of 22m. Right.

Reports are that Chelsea are furious that Man Utd leaked this transfer story.

Come on man, you gotta keep up to date with this stuff.

Also very much looking forward to this pre season game.

Aren't chelsea furious about Jose for talking about Rooney in every press conference and Hazard making comments on Rooney?

Or since you also support Barca you thinks it's very normal to comment on other club players?

The club could be making up BS, theres a possibilty but no journo has this info regardless, the club has made their position known, the ball is in Utds court now to come out with something.

I expect something official or Moyes to say something in his presser either way its not the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Aren't chelsea furious about Jose for talking about Rooney in every press conference and Hazard making comments on Rooney?

Or since you also support Barca you thinks it's very normal to comment on other club players?

To be fair they're not randomly opening up about Rooney,
    They're being asked questions by journos and answering them!

As nice as it would be they can't tell the journos to "fu*k off" with their ad nauseam questioning about the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

The club could be making up BS, theres a possibilty but no journo has this info regardless, the club has made their position known, the ball is in Utds court now to come out with something.

I expect something official or Moyes to say something in his presser either way its not the end of it.

How are people so sure that it was United who leaked the story that Mata or Luiz was included in the deal? I have not seen it confirmed on Sky Sports or the Man United website.

At the moment, no club is in the wrong. Journalist's probably put in the Mata story to add a bit of spice to the bid submitted by Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's also backing the Daily Mail story which has been updated to opening bid of 10m+ Mata/Luiz and a second bid of 22m. So offer effectively 45m first, then come back with a second offer of 22m. Right.

Considering he's generally one of the more logical football writers around, I doubt that to be the case and I'm sure you've taken him up wrong.

I guess if United want to make sure Rooney doesn't transfer to Chelsea, burning all bridges in this kind of manner would be one way of making sure it didn't happen.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Killinator wrote: »

As nice as it would be they can't tell the journos to "fu*k off" with their ad nauseam questioning about the issue.

To be fair, Big Dave has been saying great things about Fabregas and Thiago.

Killinator wrote: »

Or he can just say he won't be talking about players of other club.

Comical defending, nearly an OG!

Irish94 wrote: »
    How are people so sure that it was United who leaked the story that Mata or Luiz was included in the deal? I have not seen it confirmed on Sky Sports or the Man United website.

At the moment, no club is in the wrong. Journalist's probably put in the Mata story to add a bit of spice to the bid submitted by Chelsea.

Its not Chelsea, theyve only offered Cash, so its either the Journos or Utd, Journos wont get their tid bit of info unless someone on the inside feeds them.

Chelsea wont say, here, we've offered money for Rooney but sure go ahead and say we've offered cash and a player for the LOLz.

Chelsea have released a statement so its up to Utd now to do like wise, sitting on their thumbs basically confirms what Chelsea have said in their statement IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement