Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Essien is looking good so far, some good quick passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id like Rooney but not at the cost of money and Mata or Luiz.

A team including Rooney would be brilliant.

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Or he can just say he won't be talking about players of other club.

That doesn't work and you know it!

De Gea didn't walk into a press conference and say ' I wanna talk about Cesc'!

Managers and players are asked questions they don't want to answer all the time, to stop the relentless questioning the give a bland "he's great, who wouldn't love him" style answer.

This isn't a new thing.

Maybe we can give Rooney a hair swap with Luiz, he'd look good with a curly head of hair I reckon.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Killinator wrote: »
    That doesn't work and you know it!

De Gea didn't walk into a press conference and say ' I wanna talk about Cesc'!

Managers and players are asked questions they don't want to answer all the time, to stop the relentless questioning the give a bland "he's great, who wouldn't love him" style answer.

This isn't a new thing.

It worked for a certain David Moyes who didn't talk about any player of other clubs when we were hoping he will tell something about them.

I'm not saying what Jose did was wrong as it happens everytime now, it's just a overreaction of a few fans about the alleged leaked bid. And no one even knows who is lying or who made up the story.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Maybe we can give Rooney a hair swap with Luiz, he'd look good with a curly head of hair I reckon.

:pac:

Once Chelsea signs Rooney, you can try whatever suits him as long as Luiz stays at Chelsea and Mata signs for ManUtd :pac:

Penalty. Wallace fouled.

Goal - Lukaku, great penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wallace making a strong case here, looking very impressive.

Just flashed up in my FootMob.

Hows Wallace doing, good to see the RB in the area getting fouled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

It worked for a certain David Moyes who didn't talk about any player of other clubs when we were hoping he will tell something about them.

I'm not saying what Jose did was wrong as it happens everytime now, it's just a overreaction of a few fans about the alleged leaked bid. And no one even knows who is lying or who made up the story.

Agreed on bolded part.

Just flashed up in my FootMob.

Hows Wallace doing, good to see the RB in the area getting fouled.

Wallace playing very well so far. Very quick and a great first touch.

Once Chelsea signs Rooney, you can try whatever suits him as long as Luiz stays at Chelsea and Mata signs for ManUtd :pac:

Every year in PES or FIFA we'd always give Rooney a Pirlo like head of hair, just for the craic.

Ooohh and it was bleach blonde too for added effect, I'm sure Roman could swing something to fix his hair situation. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Wallace playing very well so far. Very quick and a great first touch.

Thats good, hopefully hes kept and Azp has genuine challenger at RB.

That would leave Ivanovic at CB with Luiz, Cahill, JT and Kalas, although if a concrete bid came in for Ivanovic I'd say he could be out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Chelsea want to give united €10m + Mata for Rooney ????

are they f*cking insane ?

have they learnt anything over Torres and Shevchenko.

Mata is a proven class player, Rooney is allready a has been..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

the_monkey wrote: »
    Chelsea want to give united €10m + Mata for Rooney ????

are they f*cking insane ?

have they learnt anything over Torres and Shevchenko.

Mata is a proven class player, Rooney is allready a has been..

I'd question his commitment and motivation if he does sign but I wouldn't call him a has been. His best years may well be behind him but he's still a very good forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd rather see Chelsea hold on to the two players and whatever money offered.
    See how Torres, Lukaku and Ba fare out.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd rather see Chelsea hold on to the two players and whatever money offered.
    See how Torres, Lukaku and Ba fare out.

Or sign Hernandez from Utd with the 20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I'd be more upset if Hernandez left than Rooney to be honest.

• Advertisement

Irish94 wrote: »
    I'd be more upset if Hernandez left than Rooney to be honest.

Between wages and transfer he'd be about 50% cheaper but very effective IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I think he is very under-rated by the majority of fans bar United. He's improved his general play so much in the past year, and is one the best goal poachers in the world.

Given the chance I think he would start in every team in the world bar 4/5 teams. Maybe I am biased but I really do think he would.

Rooney - Mata + 10 Million

Hernandez - Mata+Ramirez+Oscar plus 500k

:D

Irish94 wrote: »
    I think he is very under-rated by the majority of fans bar United. He's improved his general play so much in the past year, and is one the best goal poachers in the world.

Given the chance I think he would start in every team in the world bar 4/5 teams. Maybe I am biased but I really do think he would.

Well we've lacked a proper poacher for a number of years and with our midfield we should be putting chances on a plate for a guy like him, no way Utd will sell though unless he wanst to go and that looks unlikely IMO.

Rooney - Mata + 10 Million

Hernandez - Mata+Ramirez+Oscar plus 500k

So half our starting midfield for Chico.....makes sense.

:pac: :D

Hernandez joining Chelsea would also mean he wouldn't score against us EVERY.FCUKING.TIME.HE PLAYS AGAINST US!

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    Hernandez joining Chelsea would also mean he wouldn't score against us EVERY.FCUKING.TIME.HE PLAYS AGAINST US!

Except when Cech made that brilliant save in the FA cup replay against him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

just got chelsea tv for FREE for 3 months.i rang sky -got a chap named rupert; the 4 euro deal wouldnt got thru so he said damn it have it for free....... delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Interesting...
    PA Sources: Man Utd Chief Executive Ed Woodward has left the club's tour of Australia early to carry out some urgent transfer business

Interesting...

They could be buying as well, I wouldnt lump it all on the Rooney saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Interesting...
    The Equalizer is on the case

• Advertisement

Its all getting very weird, if he has coming home to trash out a deal you'd assume Utd are willing to a deal.

If it goes through I hope 1) it doesnt cost us Mata or Luiz and 2) it doesnt cost us huge amounts of money.

Its all getting very weird, if he has coming home to trash out a deal you'd assume Utd are willing to a deal.

If it goes through I hope 1) it doesnt cost us Mata or Luiz and 2) it doesnt cost us huge amounts of money.

Words can't express how disappointed I would be if either (more so Mata) were involved in a deal to get Rooney. I'd prefer we didn't sign him at all, never mind losing a fan favourite too!

Chelsea 1 - 0 Thailand All Stars

Lukaku penalty :rolleyes: not exactly setting the world afire are they ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea 1 - 0 Thailand All Stars

Lukaku penalty :rolleyes: not exactly setting the world afire are they ?

They beat United 1-0 a few days ago.

It's preseason.

Its only pre-season, and its a win in very tough conditions making 20 odd changes in 90 mins, thats good going IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

i like the wallace lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The official bid is just about a certain amount of money and doesn't involve players. Not Luiz not Mata. I don't know if the bid has been rejected. We feel very happy with our behaviour because it was clean.

'We want the player. We made the bid and now we have nothing more to say.

'We need to respect the player, the club, my colleague David, even my players. The bid is there, it is up to them. Now I work with my players. Now it's up to Manchester United’

What Jose said after the match today apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i like the wallace lad

Played really well but not staying this season , Jose said after the game he's going out on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Who is this guy Paul Wilson he seems to think Chelsea do indeed want rid of Mata and Luiz and as such a straight swap Mata & Luiz for Rooney is a god deal and financially stacks up. How in the name of God does that stack up financially?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/17/manchester-united-wayne-rooney-chelsea-transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

@dylan_fahy: #Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis: "We are working for Gonzalo Higuaín, but Chelsea have offered a lot more."

• Advertisement

According to some, Luiz is looking for assurances hes NOT being sold or offered around to clubs.

some of the papers reporting that personal terms with rooney has already been agreed £220,000 a week

According to some, Luiz is looking for assurances hes NOT being sold or offered around to clubs.

You can understand that from Luiz's aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Exactly the kind of reaction that was being hoped for, I'd imagine

peteeeed wrote: »
    some of the papers reporting that personal terms with rooney has already been agreed £220,000 a week

Pretty much what hes reported to be on at Utd so?

Totally, although him coming out saying this shows he wans to stay and TBH we dotn have anyone to replace him in the current squad and we dont seem to be after any other CB but we've been linked with the young Porto CB and Zouma.

jose just had a press conference in Malaysia

repeats that there is no chance of juan mata or David Luiz leaving. They will be at Chelsea this coming season

Some Vietnamese lad chased the Arsenal team bus for 5 miles ... before getting in to meet his heroes :D

It's nice, he chased Arsenal for 5 miles, where as Arsenal have been chasing a cup for 5 years .... ba da Boom!!!!!

Tumbleweed_rolling.jpg

peteeeed wrote: »
    jose just had a press conference in Malaysia

repeats that there is no chance of juan mata or David Luiz leaving. They will be at Chelsea this coming season

Well its good that manager has come out and said, doesnt really mean much but I cant seriously see either being sold.

Theres a core of about 5 players this team is being built around and they're right at the heart of it.
    Some Vietnamese lad chased the Arsenal team bus for 5 miles ... before getting in to meet his heroes :D

It's nice, he chased Arsenal for 5 miles, where as Arsenal have been chasing a cup for 5 years .... ba da Boom!!!!!

Pedantic.....isnt it 8 years?

:P

I wonder did we offer RM Luiz & Mata & €40m

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-make-higuain-offer-player-says-mourinho-wants-him-are-roo

Have mind games started already? If so who is the target Moyes or Wenger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Looks like Jose does want to play with wingers in the 4-2-3-1 formation, and from his comments it looks like he wants opposit foot opposite wing ie left footer on the right, right footer on the left.

From that it looks like Mata is the only man available for the right wing then.

That'l leave Hazard on the left, and Oscar in the middle maybe?

Would Jose really play all 3 in the same XI?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement