Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

McDave wrote: »
    Latest drivel rumour - Mourinho to return to Inter in three years:
    http://www.marca.com/2013/07/20/futbol/futbol_internacional/calcio/1374329121.html

Also reported on some rubbish English language sources.

Truly, paper never refuses ink. The 24-hour news cycle requires ever more content to feed the beast.

TBH I'm getting a little bit tired of all the rumours and am looking forward to a good squad settling down to the 13/14 campaign.

I completely ignore all media apart from the BBC and Chelsea's website over the silly season.

99.9% drivel, they need to sell papers over the summer ... what else are they going to do ? in depth reports on pre season friendlies ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So KdB on his way back to London tonight for treatment, says he feels ok and hoping for a good result from check up.

Fingers crossed looks mustard that kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jose on De Bruyne :
    The first assessment by the doctor is that it's not ligaments, that's for sure, and if it's something in the meniscus it has to be a very small injury. So we believe it's not an important injury. Hopefully it isn't because the kid is a fantastic player and showing match after match, and in training, that he's going to be a key man on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

yea because jose has always showed loyalty to a club hasnt he:rolleyes:

Paulegend wrote: »

Your reply makes no sense, what point are you trying to argue and with who? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Paulegend wrote: »
    Must...
    Not....
    Feed....

Argh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Your reply makes no sense, what point are you trying to argue and with who? :confused:

Perhaps he's lost the run of himself!:pac:

Great to have Essien back too ....

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

having seen de bruyne's knee injury i will place my house on it he has cruciate knee ligament damage could be out for the season;his knee totally flexed the wrong way......

• Advertisement

having seen de bruyne's knee injury i will place my house on it he has cruciate knee ligament damage could be out for the season;his knee totally flexed the wrong way......

The club are confident its not a bad injury so I'd hope the medical team are on the ball here.

It woudl be a serious set back for us and of course KDB.

I would have to say that was my initial thought as well but I dont think the club would have let him walk about unaided if that was the case. That being said I am not a quack.

We'll know in a few days anyway.

Club is due to head for the USA on August 1st and baring injuries, we'll have a full squad going over, hopefully including KDB.

So Gus on the lookout for a new job, hope he does not end up at Barca but no doubt that is a selfish view

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/spain/129948/default.aspx?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The club are confident its not a bad injury so I'd hope the medical team are on the ball here.

It woudl be a serious set back for us and of course KDB.

Said the same himself last night on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

is Torres, Mata, Oscar and Luiz back yet?

• Advertisement

is Torres, Mata, Oscar and Luiz back yet?

All Confederations Cup players back to work on Sunday so not quite yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

From REddit

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Barcelona phone!

I've got this feeling, so appealing, We've got messi, and neymar's earring!

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding you know who's phone!

We pass in bunches, never pull our punches! Were the best! We beat the rest!

Guus Hiddink are you up for the test!?

Just answer the...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Wrong thread there duplo....

Well Barca didnt get Hiddink, thats good for the rest of Europe IMO.

So Josh out on loan again thinking he will never be a Chelsea player at this stage.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_to_allow_quartet_to_leave_on_loan_1_2292723

• Advertisement

Whats the chances of a CM coming in if we're leaving Josh and Nathan out on loan?

Torres, Azp and Mata expected not to play in the Hull game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/22/chelsea-juan-mata-fernando-torres
    José Mourinho is resigned to being without his Spanish trio Juan Mata, Fernando Torres and César Azpilicueta when Chelsea start their Premier League campaign at home to Hull City on 18 August. The trio are due back in London only 24 hours before the opener after Spain's friendly in Ecuador.

The World Cup and European Championship winners will play in Guayaquil on 14 August, the night England host Scotland at Wembley, with all three of Chelsea's Spanish contingent expected to be included in Vicente del Bosque's squad. Mourinho is already planning his team for the visit of promoted Hull on the following Sunday and, while the extra 24 hours granted by television coverage means the trio could be included on the bench, the Chelsea manager does not anticipate starting with any of the three.

"My lineup will depend a lot on which players go away with their national teams two days before the opening of the Premier League," Mourinho said. "If one has to go to Ecuador and comes back and arrives in London on Saturday without having slept after a 15-hour flight, coming in to train on Saturday morning, I don't think he is going to play on Sunday. If a player plays for England on Wednesday against Scotland, let's say plays for 45 minutes at Wembley and then an hour after the game he is at home in Cobham sleeping, he is in a better condition to play. The team will be decided game after game and week after week.

"What happens before the Hull City game has an impact. Also, if we have to play against Aston Villa two or three days later – we still don't know when that will be [the game is still to be rescheduled, having been set for the weekend Chelsea play in the European Super Cup in Prague on 30 August] – I will have to think about two or three matches at the same time. If the game is postponed until two months later and I have only one match in a week, I will think differently. It depends on the situation."

Chelsea arrive in Jakarta on Tuesday to prepare for their game against an Indonesia All Star XI on Thursday, with the manager still assessing his options and his players attempting to impress. While youngsters such as Kevin De Bruyne, who is fling back to London for a scan on the knee he injured in Malaysia, and Romelu Lukaku are expected to stay at the club, Mourinho has already decided to loan out Nathaniel Chalobah, Lucas Piazón and Josh McEachran for the season to gain further senior experience. Chelsea are assessing whether they can be placed at Premier League or Championship clubs.

Chalobah played in central midfield for Watford last term, Piazón had six months with Málaga, while McEachran spent the season under Tony Mowbray at Middlesbrough.

"We are thinking of letting Nathaniel go on loan for a last season," Mourinho said. "That is our intention and he knows. We have discussed that with him. He is a very, very good player. I like him very much and am very impressed. For sure, he is a Chelsea player. We will see whether or not it is a Premier League club but he would have to play every weekend for the last year of his loan period. He could be in our squad already but we think one more season will help and then he will come back for 2014-15. It will be his last one out on loan. He is very, very good.

"Josh will also go on loan, Lucas Piazón too. Wallace will go on loan – he has no work permit and will go on loan in Europe, not in South America, to make the transfer easier for him. Islam Feruz will stay in our under-21s."

Mourinho has already confirmed that Bertrand Traoré, the promising 17-year-old Burkina Faso international, will sign professional terms on his 18th birthday and, should he fail to secure a work permit, will be loaned to a European club in the hope that he will earn the necessary clearance.

Another promising youngster, the Czech centre-half Tomas Kalas, will be a part of the senior setup for the campaign ahead. The defender, 20, a £5.2m signing from Sigma Olomouc in 2010, has spent the past two years on loan at Vitesse Arnhem but will offer Mourinho valuable cover across his back line.

"It was the first day of training when Mr Mourinho came to me and asked me if I would accept the challenge to be a first-team player and give it everything and, of course, I accepted," said Kalas, who played last season largely at right-back. "I hope I am ready but now I have to prove myself.

"I have no doubts. I played 63 games in Holland and another season maybe would be worse than better. I learned a lot of technical and tactical skills playing in the Eredivisie, where everybody plays football from the goalkeeper to the central defender. To play 10 or 20 games for Chelsea would be brilliant."

Internationals really are a pain in the behind, having missed a chunk of pre season due to the confederations bore sorry cup now having to travel to South America for a meaningless friendly what a joke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

So Josh out on loan again thinking he will never be a Chelsea player at this stage.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_to_allow_quartet_to_leave_on_loan_1_2292723

not so sure, thought he looked really good when he came on on sunday , hopefully he will go to a premiership club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Jose said hes staying with the U21's, Feruz that is, sohe wont be getting much game time next year with the senior team unless we wanna change it up for cup games.

Couple of Twitter people saing our last bid was 23 million and add ons up to 3 million.

Next bid is meant to be a straight 30million cash with the similar add ons, taking the overall deal to 33 million.

Could all be BS though so time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Well Barca didnt get Hiddink, thats good for the rest of Europe IMO.

You make it sound like they wanted him.

JPA wrote: »
    You make it sound like they wanted him.

They would have been better served going after him as all I know, will it cost them La Liga, probably as Real hiring Carlo on paper is much wiser move.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Surprise surprise....Chelsea are going to offer Mata a new contract....now who didn't see that one coming....

Espn

• Advertisement

There was talks of it last season but it was suggested it wouldnt happen until after the Confeds cup and here we are.

At least it will stop the Mata leaving coz Jose doesnt like him rubbish the likes of Marca were spouting about.

Anyone want to join a Chelsea league in Fantasy Football?

376536-97343

376536-97343

Done

Thread over in the supporters page for some off-topic banter.

I'll post up my team in a minute, its very likely to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just wondering can I get access to the Chelsea board? Or how should I go about getting access to that board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm in..and I will destroy you all!:pac:

Jumped in as well.

All the leagues I was in last year seem to have disappeared and I can't remember if this is normal or not. Has this happened with anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

376536-97343

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just confirming the signing of Cuevas.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3325596/title/blues-seal-cuevas-signing
    Posted on: Tue 23 Jul 2013

BLUES SEAL CUEVAS SIGNING

Chelsea Football Club has completed the signing of Cristian Cuevas from Chilean club O'Higgins.

The 18-year-old has signed a contract until 2018. He came through the youth ranks at O'Higgins before breaking into the first team and playing in the top flight in Chile.

At the FIFA Under-20 World Cup this summer he played in four of his nations' five games as Chile made it to the quarter-finals before losing to Ghana.

At 5ft 7in tall he plays primarily as a left-back but can also operate as a left-winger.

• Advertisement

Any chance of access to the supporters page Gav?

Just wondering can I get access to the Chelsea board? Or how should I go about getting access to that board?

Ya I'll sort ya in a minute
    Panthro wrote: »
    I'm in..and I will destroy you all!:pac:

We'll see!! :cool:
    Jumped in as well.

All the leagues I was in last year seem to have disappeared and I can't remember if this is normal or not. Has this happened with anyone else?

The other 3 I was in are still there, maybe the admin of the leagus cancelled them?
    Any chance of access to the supporters page Gav?

Ya I'll sort ya in a minute

376536-97343

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

376536-97343

Done (Multiple Scoregasms)

Done

Joined - Bald Monkeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

376536-97343

In.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

376536-97343

and in..................... as RichT :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'm in as SchurrleTheBest

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Couldn't resist "Jonny Kills"

More to piss off lads (Man U fans) I used to work with before the redundo :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Joined the Fantasy League, I'm Tectonic Tiki Taka

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement