Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Very young and highly regarded Brazilian, what could go wrong?

Sign him up!!

Although he'd probably have to go down the Wallace route of getting him a passport from European loans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Last year we scored 56% of our home goals at home in the 1st half, whcih was the best in the league, onthe flip side 44% in the 2nd half is the worse in the league.

At home we let in as many in the 1st half as we did in the 2nd half, 50/50.

If you score the highest percentage of goals in the first half, its inevitable that you'll then have the lowest percentage in the second

LiamoSail wrote: »
    If you score the highest percentage of goals in the first half, its inevitable that you'll then have the lowest percentage in the second

Very true, seen it on Twitter anyway, the part I was surprised at was the amounts shipped in the 2nd hal was the same as the 1st half, if I had to guess I would ahve said we shipped the most in the 2nd half from watching us last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I like it when a player shows the right attitude, if he is happy to bide his time he is an excellent option to have around the place and start maybe 20 ish games a season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/26/chelsea-demba-ba-rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I like it when a player shows the right attitude, if he is happy to bide his time he is an excellent option to have around the place and start maybe 20 ish games a season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/26/chelsea-demba-ba-rooney?

If we get Rooney then he'll be lucky to start double figures in games this season.

Reports in Italy suggesting Veratti could be leaving PSG to go home and join Napoli for 20million Euro, if there was any chance he'd come to England I'd love to him, woudl give our midfield genuine star quality for years to come.

If we get Rooney then he'll be lucky to start double figures in games this season.

I would say that depends on how he does when he gets a chance. I would be surprised if having 4 strikers and playing over 60 games each of them dont hit double figure starts. Still Rooney has to get his #23 shirt as yet.

Chelsea squad for the US (at least according to LA Galaxy)

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/7/26/4558442/chelsea-roster-guiness-international-championship-cup-usa-tour?

No surprises but a stronger squad than last season but I think still weak in defence.

• Advertisement

I would say that depends on how he does when he gets a chance. I would be surprised if having 4 strikers and playing over 60 games each of them dont hit double figure starts. Still Rooney has to get his #23 shirt as yet.

If we do sign Rooney he'll start nearly every EPL and UCL game, there might be game where he plays off Lukaku but I'd expect those 2 to start more then Ba and Torres.

Now if we go in with 3 strikers I'd expect Jose to manage the squad well and chop and change when necessary.

We need at least 40/50 goals from our strike force this season and one of them has to get 20 in the league.

Villa tickets fell through, the guy is going over with his auld fella when they go on sale.

Now just got to watch for them once they go up online.

Villa tickets fell through, the guy is going over with his auld fella when they go on sale.

Now just got to watch for them once they go up online.

Ah sure you don't want to be drinking that warm English beer on your birthday, good Corkman like you must be Murphy's or Beamish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Has to be Rebel Red....

Ah sure you don't want to be drinking that warm English beer on your birthday, good Corkman like you must be Murphy's or Beamish.

Never touched a stout or beer in my life. :eek:

/runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Never touched a stout or beer in my life. :eek:

/runs

A spirits man? Oh whiskaaaaay!

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    A spirits man? Oh whiskaaaaay!

Whiskey or bourbon, usually start on the odd cider or two.

It usually leads to a very, very drunken night.

:cool:

Hmmm Midleton absolutely nectar just a tad pricey

This is interesting most likely BS but interesting

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/28914-chelsea-transfer-news-russian-eyes-on-torres.php

Still think even if Rooney comes we need to keep what we have, if affordable. We will have injuries and the three guys are capable.

Work BBQ tonight, free booze, food and transport, I shall be a tad drunk. ;)

On the Torres link, I think we'll need at least 3 strikers, if we have 4 then it might work but the 4 guys are all established internationals and the egos might take a bruising when on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

The luiz to barcelona crap has started again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ha.

He is about as good a Corkman as Stephen Ireland.

*Glares at GavBlueKing*

You turn your back on Cork, and she turns her back on you. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif&size=400x1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Nathaniel Chalobah could be playing in The Premiership next season with Palace :D

SOURCE

I thought he was excellent against Indonesia the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Bobby Charlton has weighed in with his view that Rooney won't leave United: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8845022/sir-bobby-charlton-wayne-rooney-will-stay-and-beat-my-goalscoring-record

Hard to know if United are trying to make conciliatory noises towards Roo, or if it constitutes a simple statement of intent/fact by MU through a club legend.

Back in the day, it was Charlton who came out and said Mourinho was not going to replace Ferguson. And so it transpired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd say Moyes will need to at least sign Febregas before they'd consider letting Rooney go. Purely from the point of view of asserting Moyes authority its important that he be seen to be in control.
    McDave wrote: »
    Bobby Charlton has weighed in with his view that Rooney won't leave United: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8845022/sir-bobby-charlton-wayne-rooney-will-stay-and-beat-my-goalscoring-record

Hard to know if United are trying to make conciliatory noises towards Roo, or if it constitutes a simple statement of intent/fact by MU through a club legend.

Back in the day, it was Charlton who came out and said Mourinho was not going to replace Ferguson. And so it transpired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

bullpost wrote: »
    I'd say Moyes will need to at least sign Febregas before they'd consider letting Rooney go. Purely from the point of view of asserting Moyes authority its important that he be seen to be in control.
    Yep. It's a kind of chicken and egg thing. If Moyes doesn't get his man, he's still stuck with a problem in Rooney, and he's passed up on a big wedge of cash. Chelsea won't be interested in signing Rooney a year from now. So he'll just run his contract down and get his big pay off somewhere else.

If Chelsea really want Rooney, I think they'll get him. As for Fabregas, I don't have much of a steer on how much Barca really want him. But if they want to hold on, there's nothing Moyes can do. At that point he'll have to look at bolstering midfield with a fallback option like Fellaini.

As for Moyes' authority, I think it ultimately depends on how he starts off the season. If he loses significant ground to Chelsea, City, Arsenal and even Spurs, his authority will be under immediate question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

McDave wrote: »
    As for Moyes' authority, I think it ultimately depends on how he starts off the season. If he loses significant ground to Chelsea, City, Arsenal and even Spurs, his authority will be under immediate question.

I'm no Moyes fan, in fact I don't really rate him at all. But surely the same applies to Mourinho and Pellegrini even more given the track record of those clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CSF wrote: »
    I'm no Moyes fan, in fact I don't really rate him at all. But surely the same applies to Mourinho and Pellegrini even more given the track record of those clubs.

Neither are following up a machine, who had run the club for decades, winning something virtually every year, like sir Alex though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

The Boys are back in town

article_68dc20c01f6bba8e_1375018538_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Obi Mikel obvious by his absence in the 'first day at school' photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

At least ST£45m (according to the salmon of knowledge that is the Daily Star) is in the right ball park more so than the stupid figures attributed to Barca. We are wafer thin in defence we really cannot afford to sell him unless we have excellent cover lined up and I am not sure the quality at CB is out there at the moment.

At that sort of money it could happen depends what the TSHO wants really.

Luiz is critical for next year it will be his 2nd full season at the club and hes now playing under Jose it really is sink or swim and I think he has the ability and hopefully the presence to listen to and take on board what Jose wants from him.

If he can turn him into Carvalho mark II I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

RichT wrote: »
    The Boys are back in town

article_68dc20c01f6bba8e_1375018538_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Is this a training kit or something? It's fairly sweet.

Edit: Nevermind, here it is, couldn't see it on the mobile site...
    http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=134161

Lads are off to America today for the second half of the opre-season against better opposition, should be interesting to see the teams and how the line out.

Game against Hull cant come quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Essien wrote: »
    Is this a training kit or something? It's fairly sweet.

Edit: Nevermind, here it is, couldn't see it on the mobile site...
    http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=134161

buy it from sports direct

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-chelsea-training-t-shirt-mens-375649?colcode=37564922

• Advertisement

10% off when ya use the oldbag code on Sports Direct website actually.

If Bayern do want Luiz then an exchange for Alaba or Gustavo and money and I'd be happy enough to see him go, while niether are CB's both are very good players and I think Alaba would be an excellent player to replace Cole with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really hope that the Chalobah to Palace loan deal happens. Would be a great loan deal for both him and the club.

Khedira being linked with us this morning from a few rags, I can see why but I'm not sure Real would want to sell TBH.

Just seen a record that could well be broke thsi season.
    Which Chelsea goalkeeper has the best clean sheet record :

The record is still Peter Bonetti's with 208 clean sheets in his 729 appearances, but Petr Cech is getting close. He's on 198 clean sheets from 432 games.

I reckon Cech has at least 11 clean sheets in him this year anyway, he'll probably play 40 games, in his record of nearly a clean sheet every other game should see him get it this year.

• Advertisement

My word almost 1 in 2 games a clean sheet that is some record. Good to see the comments made recently by TSHO regarding Luiz getting its proper air time at last after the Munich BS. It does seem Luiz is happy at the Bridge which is nice to read.

Salomon Kalou could be joining West Ham shortly, seen it reported on Twitter and a few red tops in the last 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Salomon Kalou could be joining West Ham shortly, seen it reported on Twitter and a few red tops in the last 2 days.

Would like to see him back in the Prem, he was a good squad player for us. Very frustrating at times though! Had a great season at Lille last season scored 14 league goals in 28 games. :eek: Would be nice to see him back as long as he doesn't score against us. :p

I despise the S*n, as do mos tpeople but even this article in parts is totally stupid, we all know pre-season friendlies are all about fitness and PR with the latter very much driven home to the teams, just a few quotes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5041540/Chelsea-are-footballs-globetrotters-by-MARK-IRWIN.html
    claimed that Chelsea receive around £2.5m per game and this summer alone can expect to bank £25m from all their travels.

And then this gem :
    This summer’s friendly frenzy is partly explained by the fact that the 2014 World Cup will restrict opportunities for clubs next year, so they are cashing in while they can.

But when England’s weary stars fail to deliver in Brazil, as they inevitably will, please spare us the hand-wringing inquests into where it all went wrong.

There seems to be a mini meltdown for some posters over in the Utd thread over the lack of signings and that ourselves and City have improved our managers.

Beating Utd at Old Trafford early in the season, while not huge, would still be somewhat pschyological in the long term IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement