Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

their form in the pre season friendlies (I know I know, can't really go by the pre season stuff) wouldn't inspire me if I were a United fan tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    their form in the pre season friendlies (I know I know, can't really go by the pre season stuff) wouldn't inspire me if I were a United fan tbh.

Oh ya, you'd never take much from pre-season games TBH but there does seem to be some concern, although if they start like a train then that will be forgotten.

While the majority reckon the squad is very good they dont think the starting XI is up to the best in Europe standard, I suppose time will tell, either Moyes is going to have an interesting first season as utd boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

At the end of the day it's United, they are not going to magically fall away by the wayside (I don't think they will anyways)
    I couldn't imagine Fergie walking away if he didn't think United were in good shape and have a stable incoming manager at the ready.

At the end of the day it's United, they are not going to magically fall away by the wayside (I don't think they will anyways)
    I couldn't imagine Fergie walking away if he didn't think United were in good shape and have a stable incoming manager at the ready.

They wont but the playing field is a lot more even now betwee us city and utd and arsenal and spurs are not very far behind.

No matter Liverpool fans reckon, even keeping Suarez wont push them towards a top 4 finish.

I think those 5 are head and shoulders above the rest of the league at the moment.

Squad going to America :

G.K.'s
    Petr Cech
    Mark Schwarzer
    Hilario
    Jamal Blackman

Defenders
    Branislav Ivanovic
    Ashley Cole
    Gary Cahill
    John Terry
    Cesar Azpilicueta
    Ryan Bertrand
    David Luiz

Midfielders
    John Mikel Obi
    Michael Essien
    Oscar
    Ramires
    Frank Lampard
    Marco van Ginkel

Eden Hazard
    Juan Mata
    Victor Moses
    Andre Schurrle
    Kevin De Bruyne

Strikers
    Fernando Torres
    Romelu Lukaku
    Demba Ba

Squad has no chalobah, MacEchran, Wallace, Feruz who'll probably all go on loan.

We've an abundance of CM's in this squad.

I dont know why Oscar hasnt travelled actually. :confused:

Off to the interweb I go.

Edit : Player I was looking for was Kalas, hes injured.

We play Inter on August 2nd with the winner of that playing the winner of AC Milan/Valencia on 4th August and the final is then on 6th or 7th, we then play Roma on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Squad has no chalobah, MacEchran, Wallace, Feruz who'll probably all go on loan.

We've an abundance of CM's in this squad.

I dont know why Oscar hasnt travelled actually. :confused:

Off to the interweb I go.

Edit : Player I was looking for was Kalas, hes injured.

We play Inter on August 2nd with the winner of that playing the winner of AC Milan/Valencia on 4th August and the final is then on 6th or 7th, we then play Roma on the 10th.

Old age must be catching up on you I think you might just see Oscar on that list :p

Old age must be catching up on you I think you might just see Oscar on that list :p

I actually didnt see him then I did, then I looked for Kalas and typed Oscar. :o

TBF I didnt expect to see him in the CM's list, he shoulda been up with the Moses/Hazards/Schurrles of the world. :P

Yea you would imagine that to be the case for sure.

This could have the makings of a really good season.

We will be stronger for certain seen as we actually have a proper manager. Couple of good signings as well, though we do still need defenders. That said our defence should be good enough for the EPL but maybe not the ECL.

ManC will be stronger seen as they also have a proper manager, they have also bought some decent players.

ManU are ManU, they do need to buy a defender or two and a CM player I think but they are always there or there abouts. The Fergie factor or lack of could well be interesting.

Arsenal need to buy a few players and for sure Suarez would improve them but they finished last season well.

Spurs you dont know really it was not that long ago they were scratching around relegation, the new striker will help a lot. Defence still iffy I think.

Liverpool can't see any where near a top 4 finish, but I can see Studge doing well if he palys as a team player.

I actually didnt see him then I did, then I looked for Kalas and typed Oscar. :o

TBF I didnt expect to see him in the CM's list, he shoulda been up with the Moses/Hazards/Schurrles of the world. :P

A give up its old age or too much Midleton :rolleyes:

Kalas picked up an injury apparently according to the web site. Shame as he could have done with the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Where is Omeruo? He was supposed to rejoin the squad with the other confederation cup players.

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Where is Omeruo? He was supposed to rejoin the squad with the other confederation cup players.

Young Nigerian CB/RB, Kenneth Omeruo.

Love this stat about him :
    He is the only player in Dutch league history to score a goal, an own goal and receive a red card in one match

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

If Bayern do want Luiz then an exchange for Alaba or Gustavo and money and I'd be happy enough to see him go, while niether are CB's both are very good players and I think Alaba would be an excellent player to replace Cole with.

Pep doesn't want him :)............ allegedly.
    "He’s not coming to Munich", Guardiola was quoted by Sportal as saying. "We have four to five central defenders and I am very happy with them. This speculation does not reflect reality."

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

And Mourinho doesn't want him to leave (this summer), according to the very same source:)............allegedly:D

Inter, Roma and Naploi all chasing Wallace for a loan deal, apparently.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/chelsea-wallace-internazionale-loan-move

This made me wonder alright :
    Hilario was on the Premier League's released list last month and his status at Chelsea is uncertain, amid suggestions he would be handed a new one-year contract.

Why? Just give Blackman the 3rd choice spot, Hilario is basically robbing a career at this stage and now that we have Schwarzer he wont get nowhere near the team.

He could be brought on tour due to his experience but in Petr we've a guy at the club 8years and his played 100 times for his country and won everything you could win at club level, his experience is more important then Hilarios IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Squad going to America :

G.K.'s
    Petr Cech
    Mark Schwarzer
    Hilario
    Jamal Blackman

Defenders
    Branislav Ivanovic
    Ashley Cole
    Gary Cahill
    John Terry
    Cesar Azpilicueta
    Ryan Bertrand
    David Luiz

Midfielders
    John Mikel Obi
    Michael Essien
    Oscar
    Ramires
    Frank Lampard
    Marco van Ginkel

Eden Hazard
    Juan Mata
    Victor Moses
    Andre Schurrle
    Kevin De Bruyne

Strikers
    Fernando Torres
    Romelu Lukaku
    Demba Ba

Everyone in that list would improve United's midfield bar Mikel and Moses :(

Corvo wrote: »
    Everyone in that list would improve United's midfield bar Mikel and Moses :(

I wouldnt really knock Moses, he was ok for us last season but Utd have better options wide in Nani, Valencia and maybe Zaha if he can hit the ground running once the EPL starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

according to a few twitter accounts the earls court move seems to be back on

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    according to a few twitter accounts the earls court move seems to be back on

Didnt it emerge that one of the potential buyers of the site was pulling out a few weeks back and that it would be sold to the highest bidder?

Although I'm not sure that the TFL would allow a stadium to be built on the site and could easilyreject any bid then you've got the CPO to contend with.

If it was just about looking for a site we'd have moved long a go its the CPO thats holding it all back at this stage, if we move to a bigger stadium, even if Roman up sticks in the future we'll get a new investor and we'll have a stadium to generate good match day incomes.

Carvalho on Jose, Chelsea and Luiz.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381536/Chelsea-shouldnt-expect-Jose-Mourinho-entertain-says-Ricardo-Carvalho.html
    What about the man who has taken his place in defence, David Luiz? Carvalho was no stranger to gliding forward from the back, doing so to memorable purpose, but Luiz is a different counter-attacking beast altogether.
    A chuckling Carvalho said: ‘Under Jose, David Luiz will come back a lot quicker than he does now. He is a good player and he can still go forward, but he will have to get back quicker.
    ‘Jose let me go forward because he thought that I could do it well, but he didn’t encourage me to do it because he likes defenders to defend and to start the play from behind.
    ‘And you have to know the right moment to go forward, to read the game and feel the right time. This is what David Luiz will find.’
    Carvalho believes that while Mourinho’s Real Madrid side played a more expansive game than the Chelsea team which won successive titles in 2005 and 2006, his former manager’s passion for winning first, entertaining later could see an initially prosaic approach on his return to Stamford Bridge.
    Carvalho added: ‘I remember the first two years at Chelsea. It was difficult to play. It was about getting the result, closing the gaps and not giving chances away. You don’t want to waste the ball in your half, or even in midfield, because the other team can be more dangerous then.
    Where he improved me as a player was that I needed to be more focused throughout a game. Sometimes I lost concentration — he got me to focus for the whole game. Even against the smaller teams, he wants you to be focused because he wants to win every game.
    ‘When he loses, he can’t live with that. He can’t live with a defeat and you feel that in him.
    ‘After a match when you have had a bad game, the next day is a difficult day to work with him. He doesn’t say much but when he speaks he has to criticise and say what he thinks about your performance. He makes you feel like you have to improve.

article-2381536-1B1237FE000005DC-299_634x565.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carvalho is a legend, and he is right about Luiz if he wants to be a centre half he really does have to calm down. It's no good him having a great game only to spoil it by running forward and losing the ball and us conceeding from it. And Mourinho will see to that!

I'd agree he has to pick his moments a bit more carefully, Carvalho says, get forward yes, but you must make sure you break your bo**ocks to get back and not leave the team exposed.

I think if Jose or anyone was to try and curb some of his attacking tendencies you're taking away from him as a player to a degree, hes a great outlet for us, his ball carrying and range of passing off either leg is probably one of the best in the team.

He plays a fairly disciplined role int he Brazilian team but the difference is they have a lot more options of guys willing to come back and take the ball off him, at times last year players were moving into space and not facing the play and not giving an option to him or anyone trying to attack from deep.

I'm sure Jose will have a word with him and tell him what he expects from his CB but still give him the license to start attacks, a team with a CB that launch counters or carry the ball 20-30 yards have another option, another dimension to their play.

We're meant to be readying a bid of 40 million for Rooney, madness if true but he'd nearly gurantee us the league if we signed him and played him up front.

We're meant to be readying a bid of 40 million for Rooney, madness if true but he'd nearly gurantee us the league if we signed him and played him up front.

I suppose if there is any truth in the Nando to Valencia story then maybe, but yea madness.

I can only think TSHO must think Ake and Kalas are ready because we don't seem to be doing much about our defence but I have faith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is it really madness though?

Mourinho has a great habit of getting the most out of players. And Rooney wouldn't have to worry about being shunted out wide. He would play nearly every game either up front on his own, or rarely off a second striker. Never out wide. It's what he wants at United. He'd be the main man at Chelsea. You suppliers in Mata, Hazard, Lampard and Oscar are a lot better than Giggs and Nani and the likes. Surely he'd thrive?

40 million is a lot but remember Rooney is a good player and if Gareth bale is supposedly worth 85+ million, than Rooney is worth 40 surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Kirby wrote: »
    Is it really madness though?

Mourinho has a great habit of getting the most out of players. And Rooney wouldn't have to worry about being shunted out wide. He would play nearly every game either up front on his own, or rarely off a second striker. Never out wide. It's what he wants at United. He'd be the main man at Chelsea. You suppliers in Mata, Hazard, Lampard and Oscar are a lot better than Giggs and Nani and the likes. Surely he'd thrive?

40 million is a lot but remember Rooney is a good player and if Gareth bale is supposedly worth 85+ million, than Rooney is worth 40 surely.

My only issue is playing time for Lukaku, I feel we'd have to let Torres or Ba go to make room for Rooney and still allow Lukaku to get enough appearances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

If Ba is still a Chelsea player come September 1st, I'll be sorely disappointed. Seriously. He's not good enough. At all.

Lukaku is pure class and deserves a proper run. Torres is a handy option on the bench.

Ba is not worth anything. Let him go. Sooner the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

DazMarz wrote: »
    If Ba is still a Chelsea player come September 1st, I'll be sorely disappointed. Seriously. He's not good enough. At all.

Lukaku is pure class and deserves a proper run. Torres is a handy option on the bench.

Ba is not worth anything. Let him go. Sooner the better.

Anelka only scored 2 goals in his first 24 chelsea appearances, Ba has scored 6 in 22. And let's not forget your "handy" Torres only scored 1 in 18.

It's not easy transferring to a new club in January as these stats prove so would you kindly stop moaning about Demba Ba, if he can score goals for West Ham and Newcastle he can definitely score goals for Chelsea.

Anyway, I'd prefer to not go after Rooney and give Lukaku the chance to shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Anelka only scored 2 goals in his first 24 chelsea appearances, Ba has scored 6 in 22. And let's not forget your "handy" Torres only scored 1 in 18.

It's not easy transferring to a new club in January as these stats prove so would you kindly stop moaning about Demba Ba, if he can score goals for West Ham and Newcastle he can definitely score goals for Chelsea.

Anyway, I'd prefer to not go after Rooney and give Lukaku the chance to shine.

Torres offers far more in build up play that Ba does. When Ba plays badly, which he almost invariably has for Chelsea, he offers absolutely zilch. At least Torres chipped in with assists and good hold up play. Lest we forget, Torres also scored some crucial goals in his time at the club, despite them being not as numerous as we all would have liked.

Scoring goals at Newcastle and West Ham is all well and good. But this is a proper step up, and I think he has faltered. Maybe he can prove it next season, but I don't think I'd like to gamble too much on that happening. He has not shown desire for me at all. He was a panic buy in January and everyone including himself knew it. He has not shown the form needed, and if it means bringing in a bit of money on the transfer and freeing up some wages for a better striker, so be it.

I'd also be somewhat in favour of getting shot of Torres. That would free up a huge chunk of wages, albeit at a net loss in the transfer. Fifty million was pure madness anyway. That said, given the choice of the two strikers to get rid of, I'd get rid of Ba before Torres.

Moan??? I don't moooooooaaaaaaaannn... :(;) I DON'T WHIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNE... :P

EDIT: Lukaku = next Drogba. Give him his chance. NOW. That boy is pure class, power and speed. A bit of a spit and polish and a bit of an ego boost from Mourinho and we have a proper world class striker on our hands.

• Advertisement

strange one

Real Sociedad in surprise move to take Chelsea's Josh McEachran on loan

REAL SOCIEDAD have emerged as a surprise destination for Josh McEachran next season with the Spanish side confident a loan move can be agreed with Chelsea.

McEachran is one of a number of Chelsea youngsters earmarked for spells away from Stamford Bridge next season, but unlike Wallace, who has been linked with Inter, and Lucas Piazon, it was thought that McEachran would remain in England following previously successful loan spells at Middlesbrough and Swansea.

But now reports in Spain suggest that Sociedad could be set to take McEachran overseas.

According to Basque newspaper Noticias de Gipuzkoa, Sociedad have turned to McEachran after missing out on their first choice, Jonathan Dos Santos of Barcelona.

A deal for Dos Santos was thought to be close but the arrival of Gerardo Martino at Barcelona has complicated matters, and the new boss singled out the Mexican as a player he wants to remain at the Camp Nou next season.
    For Sociedad's part they are looking to strengthen their midfield having lost Asier Illarramendi to Real Madrid.

Illarramendi helped guide Sociedad to a fourth place finish in La Liga last season which qualified them for this season's Champions League.
    And, from Chelsea's perspective, it is Sociedad's ability to offer European experience to McEachran that may give them an advantage over teams in the Championship.

Earlier this summer McEachran told Sky Sports: "I'm a Chelsea player and my dream as a kid was to play for Chelsea, so I want to play for them this season.

"But if the boss wants me to go out on loan I'll have to listen to him and go out. It's down to him.

"He said he would speak to me while we were in Asia so I'll wait for then. Hopefully it would be to a Premier League team, but I wouldn't mind going to a Championship team either."

It now looks that McEachran will be heading for neither the Premier League or the Championship.

Instead, the 20-year-old could be gracing the Champions League for Sociedad.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418891/Real-Sociedad-in-surprise-move-to-take-Chelsea-s-Josh-McEachran-on-loan?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

Gotta agree with ya Daz, not a fan of Ba at all, said it when we got him he wouldnt be brilliant but hes done ok at best since joining us and offered a chance of rotation with Torres.

Which is shocking as no big club should be left with just 2 CF's.
    Lukaku given his age and progression could be one of the best strikers in the world in 3 years if he gets to play games.

We've a good problem, none of the strikers will want to leave so its up to them all to prove to Jose and co. that they deserve game time.

Torres, Mata and Azp look all likely to miss the Hull game over a pointless Spanish friendly a few days before the season, if they're picked so Lukaku looks nailed on to start.

If thats the case then about 8 positions, bar injury pick themselves.

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires ??
    ?? Oscar Hazard
    Lukaku

I reckon Van Ginkel and Schurrle could take those positions but wouldnt be surprised to see KDB and Lamps in the mix.

Hull will give it a shot thats for sure, basically being the first game theyve nothing to lose, nobody expects anything from them so I cant see them sitting back and camping in, I reckon they'll try go out and play football which could play into our hands.

strange one

Real Sociedad in surprise move to take Chelsea's Josh McEachran on loan

REAL SOCIEDAD have emerged as a surprise destination for Josh McEachran next season with the Spanish side confident a loan move can be agreed with Chelsea.

McEachran is one of a number of Chelsea youngsters earmarked for spells away from Stamford Bridge next season, but unlike Wallace, who has been linked with Inter, and Lucas Piazon, it was thought that McEachran would remain in England following previously successful loan spells at Middlesbrough and Swansea.

But now reports in Spain suggest that Sociedad could be set to take McEachran overseas.

According to Basque newspaper Noticias de Gipuzkoa, Sociedad have turned to McEachran after missing out on their first choice, Jonathan Dos Santos of Barcelona.

A deal for Dos Santos was thought to be close but the arrival of Gerardo Martino at Barcelona has complicated matters, and the new boss singled out the Mexican as a player he wants to remain at the Camp Nou next season.
    For Sociedad's part they are looking to strengthen their midfield having lost Asier Illarramendi to Real Madrid.

Illarramendi helped guide Sociedad to a fourth place finish in La Liga last season which qualified them for this season's Champions League.
    And, from Chelsea's perspective, it is Sociedad's ability to offer European experience to McEachran that may give them an advantage over teams in the Championship.

Earlier this summer McEachran told Sky Sports: "I'm a Chelsea player and my dream as a kid was to play for Chelsea, so I want to play for them this season.

"But if the boss wants me to go out on loan I'll have to listen to him and go out. It's down to him.

"He said he would speak to me while we were in Asia so I'll wait for then. Hopefully it would be to a Premier League team, but I wouldn't mind going to a Championship team either."

It now looks that McEachran will be heading for neither the Premier League or the Championship.

Instead, the 20-year-old could be gracing the Champions League for Sociedad.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418891/Real-Sociedad-in-surprise-move-to-take-Chelsea-s-Josh-McEachran-on-loan?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

That would be brilliant for Josh, his technical style and on the ball ability would suit La Liga IMO.

Be a tough loan move moving to a foreign country with no friends or family and a foreign culture for a young guy but it could give hima spriong baord to a Chelsea career in the near future, failing that it will give him exposure that might get him a good club regardless.

Dan Levene pouring cold water any Earl Court rumour last night saying the owners have agreed to sell to a non football development and that it has Boris's backing.

Just found the link its over a week old : http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2013/07/24/tfl-gives-go-ahead-for-demolition-of-earls-court-exhibition-centre-82029-33650960/

Dan Levene pouring cold water any Earl Court rumour last night saying the owners have agreed to sell to a non football development and that it has Boris's backing.

he's normally on the ball with all things chelsea

I really find the Ba hate quite surprising he has done far better in the short time he is with than either Torres or Moses for that matter who has had a dreadful season. Torres and Moses done ok in a second class competition against second class teams. As I have said many times now Torres had significantly more playing time in the premier league than Ba since Ba joined. I posted the matches and playing times some time back but if you dont believe me check it out yourselves. In that time Torres scored 1 goal in the premier league, just one single goal.

Ba does no work off the ball does he? One piece of play that sticks in my mind and is typical of what he does is lamps first goal against Villa at Villa Park. We were struggling a goal down and desperately in need of points remember. Lamps took a shot which would have been easily cleared by a defender had Ba not got his body in front of him and eased him out of the way. A foul yea most likely but if Ba had not done that the goal would not have been scored and that is a fact, look it up on YouTube it was classic centre forward play. As was mentioned earlier it is not easy to join a club in mid season lets give the man a break and see what he can do. If you are looking for a panic mid season buy then that my friends is Torres pure and simple.

Actually here is the Villa game and Franks first starts about 1:15 in, I looked again at Franks second goal Ba had been replaced by Torres it is noticeable both Torres and Lamps started to make a run into the box as the ball is played out to Haz. Lamps attacks the goal and gets a tap in and Torres is actually backing away from the goal at that stage. He is a centre forward he should have been attacking the goal not backing away from it. One thing I think we can all agree on Cahills defending for the first was woeful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cneeIqsYp4w

he's normally on the ball with all things chelsea

Normally but he swore blind that there was absolutely no chance whatsoever that TSHO would be returning as manager this season and would see out his contract in Madrid.

Pie shop owners in Doncaster rejoice

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=536454

I hope he does well he was never really good enough for us but who wouldn't take the chance if presented to us?

I really find the Ba hate quite surprising he has done far better in the short time he is with than either Torres or Moses for that matter who has had a dreadful season. Torres and Moses done ok in a second class competition against second class teams. As I have said many times now Torres had significantly more playing time in the premier league than Ba since Ba joined. I posted the matches and playing times some time back but if you dont believe me check it out yourselves. In that time Torres scored 1 goal in the premier league, just one single goal.

Ba does no work off the ball does he? One piece of play that sticks in my mind and is typical of what he does is lamps first goal against Villa at Villa Park. We were struggling a goal down and desperately in need of points remember. Lamps took a shot which would have been easily cleared by a defender had Ba not got his body in front of him and eased him out of the way. A foul yea most likely but if Ba had not done that the goal would not have been scored and that is a fact, look it up on YouTube it was classic centre forward play. As was mentioned earlier it is not easy to join a club in mid season lets give the man a break and see what he can do. If you are looking for a panic mid season buy then that my friends is Torres pure and simple.

Its not hate, its just I'd take Torres over Ba as a footballer any day of the week, his contribution to the team when not scoring is still very good.

It wont matter a bo**ocks either way come August 18th as Lukaku will start ahead of both for the first few games anyway and if he can score goals then both will struggle to get game time ahead of the Belgian and if Rooney is bought then one of them will be sold off.

• Advertisement

Pie shop owners in Doncaster rejoice

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=536454

I hope he does well he was never really good enough for us but who wouldn't take the chance if presented to us?

Hasnt Shay Given gone to Doncaster as well though, be funny if he was benched for Given.

I guess we will have to agree to differ re Torres and Ba still life is all about opinions.

Good news re Omeruo seems he is due to get a 5 year work permit.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/7/31/4575444/chelsea-fc-nigeria-international-kenneth-omeruo-granted-work-permit-england?

remember your first kit? mine was the 80 yellow away

http://www.famouscfc.com/what-was-your-first-chelsea-shirt/#

Hasnt Shay Given gone to Doncaster as well though, be funny if he was benched for Given.

Not sure there was speculation but don't know if he ever signed.

Ah memories mine was the 77-78 Umbro blue home

This one, 92-93, got it sent back from England AFAIK.

che91hs_z.jpg

Looks like the reserves are going back to Aldershot.

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/sport/aldershottownfc/s/2136111_chelsea_forge_new_deal_with_the_shots?

Nice piece of community work by Chelsea there.

ex-blue conor clifford signing for southend

Soldado to Spurs is confirmed, good signing, better then what they have.

Good business so far, now, lose Bale please. :D

• Advertisement

Anybody watching the game against Inter tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement