Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

40 million bid being made for Rooney according to the Daily mail
    shocked_face.jpg
    That's a lot of money to be spending IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If the 40 figure is correct we went from reportedly offering 20 to doubling it, bit silly IMO but if Utd said 40 and hes yours you could understand why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good buy. He'll score loads for Chelsea. Assuming Jose makes him his main man, which he no doubt will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hittin the boozer tonight is the game on tv? Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Two goals for Drogba against Arsenal....somethings never change :D

Hittin the boozer tonight is the game on tv? Cheers

11:15 on Chelsea Tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If the 40 figure is correct we went from reportedly offering 20 to doubling it, bit silly IMO but if Utd said 40 and hes yours you could understand why.

Yes well there was a pact of media silence after the first round of bidding so who knows what has happened since then, I think we have been quite accomplished of late in the negotiations department, so I wouldn't worry that we foolishly doubled our bid out of the blue.

Should we ahh..bring back the Drog anyone?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Panthro wrote: »
    Should we ahh..bring back the Drog anyone?!

I'd rather keep him up there in the realm of legends, rather than coming back for a one season cameo scoring no goals and getting sent off 4 times. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes the dive for the penalty was very reminiscent of old days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

McDave wrote: »

FFS how much more time is wasted on Torres. Time for him to move on at this stage.

If Mourinho sticks with Torres it will not be good for him.

greendom wrote: »
    Yes the dive for the penalty was very reminiscent of old days.
    There was contact abait very little, second goal was pure class...

That awkward moment when an old foe comes back to stop you winning a tournament in your own stadium, ehh.

Trophy cabinet still bare, not even a pre season one :D

Team;

Cech,
    Azplicueta, Cahill, Ivan. Bertrand,
    Van Ginkel, Essien,
    De Bryne, Oscar, Hazard,
    Ba

Bench;
    Schwarzer, Cole, Ramires,Torres, Mata, Mikel, Moses,Lukaku,Terry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan:
    Abbiati;

Emanuelson
    Zapata
    Silvestre
    Antonini

Muntari
    De Jong
    Montolivo

Boateng

Balotelli
    El Shaarawy

Should be a good match.

come on the Blues!

• Advertisement

Ivan very close there.

Pity, KdB fairly smashed it.

Like what I've seen of de bruyne so far

KdB beauty finish.

Great goal that, tidy finish by De Bruyne too!

• Advertisement

speaking of de bruyne..... get in !!

Torres is either being far too generous with his passing, or not half confident enough in himself to take a few shots on.
    He could have at least a goal since he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Moses looks great pre-season. That's all I can say.

Good performance overall. Very difficult to predict the starting 11 for the game against Hull. I know it's only preseason, but it looks to be coming together nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

the whole team just oozes class, no areas of weakness unlike last year! but de bruyne again was a step above the rest, the total package!

Pre-season results and performances have been good fromt he team so far, be nice to beat Real but in truth it means nothing really.

As long as we beat Hull on the 18th I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Sky sports news reporting now that United have rejected a bid of around £30 million by Chelsea for Rooney. Rumours saying he's also ready to hand in a transfer request to force the move.

I would only want him in the team if Torres was moved to give Lukaku proper game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Very good performance last night , only thing missing was the goal going in the back of thr net more , Moses, ramieres , hazard were the pick of the bunch

Every single paper seems to be running with Rooney officially about to put in tranfer request and Chelsea putting in another bid

Utd havent brought in anyone so I'd be surprised if they left him leave.

If he does hand in a transfer request then I reckon anything in and around 33-35 million should be enough for him.

peteeeed wrote: »

Every single paper seems to be running with Rooney officially about to put in tranfer request and Chelsea putting in another bid

I'd take Rooney for the right price as I'd be convinced he'd be a signing that could win us the league if played as a CF for the majority of the league games.

Only thing that would annoy me is we wont have him until late in the transfer window if we get him at all.

• Advertisement

Ara, save the 30 odd million I say. Plenty of goal threats in the Chelsea squad. From Terry and Ivanovic to Lukaku and Schurrle, and everyone in between!

Ara, save the 30 odd million I say. Plenty of goal threats in the Chelsea squad. From Terry and Ivanovic to Lukaku and Schurrle, and everyone in between!

I agree on the goal threats but none of them have the proving ability of Rooney either and maybe thats what Jose is looking at.

All these youngsters are excellent talents and some have 1 year at Chelsea under their belts but a seasoned pro like Rooney when we have to play the biggest games would be invaluable to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If he could get his head together! Rodney is an exceptional talent but he has an bad attitude, this is a player on £250,000 a week and this is not the first time he's tried to force his way out. I think he is another disruptive influence which is something we've done well to banish with raffas interim.
    But our new crop do look class don't they? Our team in transition bears little resemblance to jose mk1 aside from the defence I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I can see the appeal of Rooney but don't think we need him, we do need a real striker but I don't think he's the man for that job either, we have too many excellent options in the supporting role to allow Rooney to take any of their places.

Prefer to leave him unsettled, unhappy and whinging in the Man U dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The Guardian says that the second Chelsea bid for Rooney is "an initial £25m with another £5m in potential add-ons". What I don't understand - and perhaps I'm missing something really obvious like Rooney having made it clear to the Man U management that he is only interested in a move to Chelsea - is why no other clubs have made so much as an expression of interest in buying Rooney.

You'd have assumed that a player of his quality would have had a few clubs readying their chequebooks. So why aren't they biting?

Wages would be a big stumbling block I'm guessing.
    Ara, we've Lukuku, and Torres (who benefited greatly from Mata's passing in last night's game)
    Gav's going to kill me but...ara..don't need Rooney!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

kev1.3s wrote: »
    If he could get his head together! Rodney is an exceptional talent but he has an bad attitude, this is a player on £250,000 a week
    Rodders on 250 gorillas? Nice little earner.

- Del Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I thought we played very well last night. The front 3 behind Ba in the first half were excellent, De Bruyne in particular being the pick of the bunch. Defence looks solid as does the midfield. Moses looks to have stepped up his game under Mourinho and Schurrle's goal was very well taken.

I don't know about Ba or Torres though. Ba drifts out of games too often for my liking though maybe he could be a useful bit part player. Torres, for the wages he is on, isn't good enough. He tries, nobody doubts that, and he does have some good moments but if Rooney were to join I'd like him to be the one who is sold. Lukaku's 5 minute cameo was productive, he looks the best of the three and if the Rooney deal doesn't work out then hopefully he is thr first choice striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Apparently Michael Essien was the first player Jose told that he was returning to The Special Place..........
    'When I scored my last goal for Real Madrid on the last day of the season, I ran over to celebrate with him and was expecting him to congratulate me when I hugged him,' Essien wrote in his blog on www.chelseafc.com.
    'Instead he leaned over and said: "See you at pre-season training on July 8". I found that so funny.
    'We are now back together where we belong and where we had so many beautiful years together and I hope we can recreate those magical years.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2384980/Jose-Mourinho-gave-Michael-Essien-Chelsea-hint-final-Real-Madrid-match.html#ixzz2b7nKPAU3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Qwn6baSmSENxPDP14pwTc9ai0mWwPXjhovSx1Xj5RgeePwlJ

• Advertisement

I thought Essien played well against AC. He looked a lot more lively than I'd seen of him previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Phoenix wrote: »
    So lads what i miss since i was away?

It's roundly agreed that the title is ours!!

Phoenix wrote: »
    So lads what i miss since i was away?

We've all pooled 100bucks each into a bet whereby we win every competition we are in this season.
    Easy money!:pac:

Wages would be a big stumbling block I'm guessing.
    Ara, we've Lukuku, and Torres (who benefited greatly from Mata's passing in last night's game)
    Gav's going to kill me but...ara..don't need Rooney!:pac:

We dont really need him but having the chance to get a player of Rooneys calibre doesnt come along very often.

If Jose reckons hes worth the punt then I'm going to take his side on it, I just hope that if he is signed then hes played as a CF and not out wide, or CM or CAM.

lots of talk in the press this morning that senior man utd players now want rooney out (sun,mirror,star & the express )

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    lots of talk in the press this morning that senior man utd players now want rooney out (sun,mirror,star & the express )

It'll be down to Moyes and what he thinks, if they can get a good return on Rooney and add to the squad he'll be sold but leaving it late in the day will limit Utd to what they can bring in.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It'll be down to Moyes and what he thinks, if they can get a good return on Rooney and add to the squad he'll be sold but leaving it late in the day will limit Utd to what they can bring in.

visions of that Scottish fella on sky sports news on deadline day giving it loads :)

I know one or two lads who take the day off work for transfer deadline day, got to love Sky Sports hyping it up no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I really hope we don't buy Rooney! We have enough firepower in the team already and I think of all the teams that were targeted by ffp I think we're the only side to have made a genuine effort to comply, for the last number of seasons with the exception of Torres we have been making more frugal signings with little of the waste of the past and with some stable management are in a great position, no need to go mad in this seriously over active transfer market. You have to admit things are getting out of hand when Arsenal are offering £40 million for a player!

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I really hope we don't buy Rooney! We have enough firepower in the team already and I think of all the teams that were targeted by ffp I think we're the only side to have made a genuine effort to comply, for the last number of seasons with the exception of Torres we have been making more frugal signings with little of the waste of the past and with some stable management are in a great position, no need to go mad in this seriously over active transfer market. You have to admit things are getting out of hand when Arsenal are offering £40 million for a player!

Arsenal are richer then us though in terms of revenue streams anyway.

Their stadium and financial pull with sponsors rank them above us according to Forbes and they're well clear of FFP with the stadium debt gone so its profit for Arsenal now and theyve the money to spend but it is very un-Arsenal like to blow that much money on one player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement