Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Arsenal are richer then us though in terms of revenue streams anyway.

Their stadium and financial pull with sponsors rank them above us according to Forbes and they're well clear of FFP with the stadium debt gone so its profit for Arsenal now and theyve the money to spend but it is very un-Arsenal like to blow that much money on one player.
    Isn't stadium debt omitted from the accounts for ffp anyway?
    As far as I can see the only top clubs that will contest the cl soon will be arsenal and bayern Munich, the Spanish and French seem to be blatantly ignoring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barcas debts are down to about 320ish million afaik, its about 60 down from last year.

Although they still have the biggest wage bill in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

What ye guys think of the Thorgan Hazard situation, I personally couldnt see Chelsea insisting on him being made captain, it makes no sense for them to have that in the loan deal

astonaidan wrote: »
    What ye guys think of the Thorgan Hazard situation, I personally couldnt see Chelsea insisting on him being made captain, it makes no sense for them to have that in the loan deal

Its weird, if he came through the clubs youth system you could see why at a young age he was captain but to hand him the armband and take it away the next day is truly weird.

It would be one of the stupidest clauses in a loan deal of a young player to put that pressure on him early so I cant see why Chelsea would insist it.

Somebody made a mistake, the fans got up in arms and last eyars captain is back in charge allowing him to get on with his football.

This is a weird one from Wilkins, not the statement more so that he said it at all, he usually gushs over us, and yes I'm aware he played for Utd as well. :pac:

He wants him at The Bridge though and classes Utd as 1 of 3 biggest in the world, ahrd to say who the other 2 are, Bayern, Barca, Real??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2385333/Wayne-Rooney-latest-Ray-Wilkins-says-moving-Chelsea-Manchester-United-step-down.html

I never knew this :
    club secretary Dave Barnard has stayed in London in order to head negotiations for Rooney.

I reckon one last bid will be made for him at this stage and will probably top out at 30 + add ons = 35million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

So the writers say 1st? I dont know if the squad has it in them in Joses return but I'd hope we could be in the mix and a lot closer then we were in the last 2/3 years anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

That should happen, if only because of the retirement of SAF and a new regime at City.
    So the writers say 1st? I dont know if the squad has it in them in Joses return but I'd hope we could be in the mix and a lot closer then we were in the last 2/3 years anyway.

bullpost wrote: »
    That should happen, if only because of the retirement of SAF and a new regime at City.

If Utd get Cesc that could easily change, although if we get Rooney we'd add another 10-15 goals a season to our total I reckon and we were 2nd highest scorers in the league last year anyway.

City have spent well IMO so its going to be a 3 horse race, unless Arsenal bring in 2 or 3 quality players.

• Advertisement

Chewy Luis looking to move to a UCL playing team, so...........Suarez or Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chewy Luis looking to move to a UCL playing team, so...........Suarez or Rooney?

rooney all day long

I'd agree with ya that 10 game ban for biting Ivanovic, 6 of which are yet to be complete would be one reason to put me off, the others I cant say without getting carded.

It would be Rooney all day long for me too.

On a side note, Villa game on 21st August sint selling to welll and the general sale has been brought forward by 4 days and go on sale tomorrow for anyone interested.

Trying to get the g/f to pick up tickets for the birthday but the flights are a killer from Cork for both Aer Lingus and Ryanair, talking about 200 return at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Is that Villa game at home Gav?

Is that Villa game at home Gav?

Yup 7;45 k/o on a Wednesday night, 21st August, sandwiched inbetween Hull at home and Utd away, it was origianlly down for the 30th I think but it was clashing with the Super Cup so it was brought forward.

Chelsea's longest winning run in the league in 2012/13 was 4 games.

Thats really going to have to improve, you need to be putting 7-8 wins in on the bounce to be winning leagues.

Hopefully with our new signings in recent years settled in a bit more to the Premier League and whats required at the top of it (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Cahill etc) we can be more consistent. That and Jose's return!

I'd agree with ya that 10 game ban for biting Ivanovic, 6 of which are yet to be complete would be one reason to put me off, the others I cant say without getting carded.

It would be Rooney all day long for me too.
    well whatever about rooney , how could suarez be good for the dressing room ?

Suarez is a strange one, says initially he wants to leave cos of media in Britain, now its clear he doesnt care unless hes at a better club.

Dont blame him, still wouldn't like him though and I dont reckon Jose would be too keen either. Well, I'd be more welcoming to Rooney I think, a proven Premier League winner and goalscorer, just needs to get the proverbial kick up the backside

• Advertisement

nice to see Jody Morris and Jon Harley playing for the u-21 team last night in a friendly

Chelsea's longest winning run in the league in 2012/13 was 4 games.

Thats really going to have to improve, you need to be putting 7-8 wins in on the bounce to be winning leagues.

Hopefully with our new signings in recent years settled in a bit more to the Premier League and whats required at the top of it (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Cahill etc) we can be more consistent. That and Jose's return!

Best things are the squad is a year more experienced and better served with the returns of Lukaku & De Bruyne, coupled with the arrivals of Schurrle and MVG & Schwarzer, all replacing, Malouda, Yossi, Marin and Turnbull we're better served, add to that Joses return and we're in a very good position to go on a run, especially at home where Jose is still undefeated in the league with Chelsea I'm sure.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    well whatever about rooney , how could suarez be good for the dressing room ?

Suarez wouldnt be, hes had his run ins with us, hes biting Ivanovic, hes punched/forearm smashed him in another game, while hes a quality player hes the kind of car crash we can do without.

Also supposed to be a 35million bid from Barca coming for Luiz (where have we heard that before?!)

When is this talk going to stop, or an actual bid going to come in!

Seen a Chelsea fans poll there..

76% want Rooney to sign.
    64% want Yilmaz from Galatasaray.
    37% want Hulk.
    35% want Suarez.

http://shed.chelseafc.com/shed_window.shtml

Also supposed to be a 35million bid from Barca coming for Luiz (where have we heard that before?!)

When is this talk going to stop, or an actual bid going to come in!

We've 4 CBs at the moment and JT is probably the worse of them with Luiz being the best, theres no way we'll sell him and I cant see Jose selling to Barca regardless.

We dont have anyoe to replace Luiz with anyway and we'd have to go and spend a large chunk of that money to replace him.

Seen a Chelsea fans poll there..

76% want Rooney to sign.
    64% want Yilmaz from Galatasaray.
    37% want Hulk.
    35% want Suarez.

http://shed.chelseafc.com/shed_window.shtml

Has Hulk not gone elsewhere? Anyway the chap isnt great anyway and given our talent out wide I dont see any reason to sign him.

Out of them 4 it would have to be Rooney.

• Advertisement

Yeah do you think Yilmaz would be a good option?

Scored a lot of European goals last season IIRC.

Dunno if id be too keen though

Yeah do you think Yilmaz would be a good option?

Scored a lot of European goals last season IIRC.

Dunno if id be too keen though

I'd rather keep Lukaku, similar style, about 7-8 years younger and should become a better player overall.

Rooney could chip in with the footballing side of our game like Torres does but provide the goals that Torres doesnt at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

We've 4 CBs at the moment and JT is probably the worse of them with Luiz being the best, theres no way we'll sell him and I cant see Jose selling to Barca regardless.

We dont have anyoe to replace Luiz with anyway and we'd have to go and spend a large chunk of that money to replace him.

I would say it would have to be a stupidly large bid to tempt the money men at Chelsea. It is starting to get a little late into the transfer window now for such a major change as there is no doubt if Luiz was to leave he would have to be replaced we do not have enough in CD to withstand that loss.

So if it were to happen it would need to happen very soon but do Barca actually have the money and if they do I really cant see TSHO selling to them unless the decision is taken out of his hands and that would not be good for relationships I would have thought.

Has Hulk not gone elsewhere? Anyway the chap isnt great anyway and given our talent out wide I dont see any reason to sign him.

where's drogba on that list ???

peteeeed wrote: »
    where's drogba on that list ???

Hopefully nowhere near it, no point bringing him back for a few games a season, leave his legacy the way it is, scoring the goal that drew us level with mins to go in the UCL and then stepping up and slotting home the winning penalty.

Theres not many bigger stages to go out on then that IMO.

Just for some nostalgia :

Didier-Drogba-Penalty-Chelsea-Champions-Leagu_2767977.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Monaco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I never knew this :

I reckon one last bid will be made for him at this stage and will probably top out at 30 + add ons = 35million.

Ed Woodward was in London yesterday also :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Luiz to barca then?

RasTa wrote: »
    Luiz to barca then?

sky reporting an official bid http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8858966

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Barcelona make their move on David Luiz. Must have received the Cesc Fabregas money :pac:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8858966/sky-sources-barcelona-lodge-official-bid-for-chelseas-david-luiz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well I'm torn. On one hand he's been brilliant at Chelsea and it would be tough to find a replacement of similar quality. The question really is how highly does Mourinho rate him, he's a centre back, for me he should be our starting centre back but it's whether Mourinho sees it that way which counts. Losing him now and not replacing him would leave us short at the back.

On the other hand I think he's perfect for Barcelona, a player born to play for Barca. I've no doubt he'd be a fantastic addition to their backline.

Luiz wont be sold, weve no replacement and hes our best CB. To replace him we'd have to spend the whole 35million. Said the same about Mata, he wont be sold or swapped IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How long before every Barca player comes out in the media about how Luiz would be perfect for them.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    How long before every Barca player comes out in the media about how Luiz would be perfect for them.

Neymar will be first, then alves. Can see luiz wanting the move

Phoenix wrote: »
    Why so?

Bigger club and a brazilans climate

Cristián Cuevas gone to vitesee for a season long loan
    http://www.vitesse.nl/vitessenl/nieuws/detail/3688

lol

Good point

RasTa wrote: »
    Neymar will be first, then alves. Can see luiz wanting the move

He rejected a move last year, if ya believe what is written, so with a better manager and alot better chance to win the league, I cant see him or Chelsea selling, we've no need to.

We've one or two Brazilians ourselves that hes very close to, Ramires namely considering their Benefica days prior to joining Chelsea, so if the Brazilian card is being played I think we top trump on their Neymar and Alves.

its all that deserved to be fair!

So you think there is no draw for a South American to move to barca? Similar to ronaldo. Barca always get their targets tbh, might be a bit late in the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I just cant see what is in it for Chelsea at the moment. At ST£35m we would make a small return (in football terms) on our investment and we would be left woefully short in an already stretched defence with the window starting to close.

Who would we get as a replacement good CD's are thin on the ground as it stands? And we will certainly need a replacement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement